The Black Hole
- Theme music from Black Hole (as a Wave file)
- Dan: Alex? Alex: Yes, Dan. Dan: Have you determined a difference in ETA's with and without our correction? Alex: Working on it. You know, we shouldn't be needing a correction at this time. Vincent, run a confirmation on the last inertial fix and check it with another celestial, please. Vincent: I have. It is correct but I think I've found the reason for our present variation. Mr. Pizer? Charlie: Yes, Vincent. Vincent: Mr Pizer, I think you
should come up here. Charlie: What's up, Vincent? Vincent: The largest black hole I have ever encountered, Mr. Pizer
- Harry: My God! Right out of Dante's "Inferno" Alex: Yes, the most destructive force in the universe, Harry. Nothing can escape it, not even light. Kate: I had a professor who predicted that eventually black holes would devour the entire universe. Alex: Why not, when you can see giant suns sucked in and disappear without a trace.
- Alex: But how couldn't anybody be out here ahead of us?Vincent: Octurious 10, United
Kingdom. Liberty 7, United States. Russian Experimental Space Station, Series 5. France, the Sahara Module 5-3. Pluto 4, Japan. Unted States, Space Probe 1. Kate: That's it. Vincent: U.S.S. Cygnus. Dr. Kate, wasn't that the ship your father was on? Kate: U.S.S. Cygnus. It's mission: to discover habitable life in outer space. Same as ours.
- Charlie: Dan, get us in close enough. Vincent and I could get aboard on tethers. Vincent: To quote Cicero,
"Rashness is the characteristic of youth, prudence that of mellowed age and discretion the better part of valour.
- Charlie: Vincent, do you read me? Come in Vincent Dan: Kate, either we have a malfunction here or there's too much interference on the outside. See if you can get through to Vincent with your ESP.Kate: I got through to Vincent. He said "There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are very few old, bold pilots" Charlie:
She's tuned in on Vincent all right
- Kate: Dan, the tether's broken! Charlie: I'm going after him Dan: Stay at your post Charlie! Charlie: What the hell are you made of? What if it were one of us out there? Dan: Vincent is one of us.
- Dan: And...that's got it. Hit the boosters Charlie. We've got to make a run for that zero gravity - donated by Michael Ducharme (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Charlie: Docking elevator coming up. Wonder why they didn't roll out the red carpet earlier? Dan: I don't know and I don't like it but they're calling the shots and we've got to repair this craft. Charlie: Dan, I'm sorry I blew my stack Dan: I guess we've all got a soft spot for the little guy, Charlie
- Dan: Nice work Vincent. Vincent: Out of the frying pan, hopefully not into the fire
Charlie, you'll stay with the PalominoCharlie: You need everyone that's got a .... Dan: Charlie! Vincent: Don't worry, Mr. Pizer. They also serve who only stand and wait. Charlie: Vincent, were you programmed to bug me? Vincent: No sir, to educate you Charlie: When I volunteered for this mission, I never thought I'd end up playing straight man to a tin can
- Kate: Vincent, are you sure you're alright? Vincent: Down but never for the full
count, Dr. Kate
- Vincent: I don't like it when somebody else pulls the strings, Captain. Dan: Neither do I Vincent. Who's ever up in that control tower is calling the shots right now. Vincent: Whoever or whatever, Captian.
- Vincent: I don't mind telling you I'm a little concerned. Some of my brother robots were assigned to Project Black Hole, programmed to send ESP messages back from space probes. Oooh, a grand
experiment, the scientists thought. Harry: It's also ancient history, Vincent. Vincent: Not to me, Mr. Booth. Not this close
- Kate: Dr. Reinhardt......My father.....Where is he? - donated by Michael Ducharme (email@example.com)
- Reinhardt: Ah, Mr. Pizer, come in. Join us. Charlie: Thank you. Have you met the goon squad?
- Reinhardt: Now what does that remind me of? Oh yes, David and Goliath, a
classic confrontation. Only this time David is overmatched
- Charlie: Back off, Vincent. Vincent: Not until he does. Charlie: When you're nose to nose with a trash compactor, you cool it.
- Charlie: Those other robots aren't any friendlier than Dr. Frankenstein's monster. Vincent: The bigger they are the harder they fall. Dan: Maybe you should have smiled when you said that
- Dan: "Tell
you what Charlie, you'll take care of business here and I'll go back to the ship and start working on that regulator." As Dan leaves Maximillian tries to block his way. Sidestepping Dan says "Don't bother to point the way Max, I'll find it by myself
- Charlie: "Well, we need primary and secondary demand oxygen pressure regulators and an ETF proportion flow value controller. Max?" Knocks on Max's head and says "Dr. Reinhardt told you to
requisition the parts for us? Let's get cracking!"
- Vincent: Vincent, Vital Information Necessary CENTralized, labour force, the 396th. Isee by your marking you're from the old 28, programmed in Houston
- Harry: Can you speak? Are you programmed to speak? Nah, I guess not. Nah, I guess that would make you a little bit too real, wouldn't it? That Reinhardt sure loves to play God, doesn't he?
- Charlie: Maybe Reinhardt lied. Maybe there are some survivors still alive. What do you think he's up to? Dan: I haven't got a clue. Charlie: Well, whatever it is, he seems cooperative enough about getting us operable. Vincent: A wolf remains a wolf, even if it has not eaten your sheep
- Dan: The sooner we blast out of here, the better. Charlie: Whatever you say. Let's snap it up Vincent. Vincent: A pint cannot hold a quart, Mr. Pizer.
If it holds the pint, it's doing the best it can
- Dan: It's only dinner. Vincent: Said the spider to the fly. I should be with you. Charlie: Yeah, we'll be safer without you and Max trying to knock heads. Vincent: I can handle that thing. Charlie: Well far be it for you to admit there isn't anything you can't handle. Vincent: There are three basic types, Mr. Pizer, the wills, the won'ts and the can't. The wills accomplish everything, the won'ts
oppose everything and the can'ts won't try anything. Dan: Well, do us all a favor Vincent and try to be a can't, especially where that monster's concerned. We need you, not another corkscrew
- Charlie: Vincent you're gonna have the time of your life in their. Vincent: I hate to sound superior but I hate the company of robots. Charlie: Just try and relax. Have some fun. Remeber what they say "All work and no play" Vincent: All sunshine makes a
desert, so the Arabs say
- Vincent: Who's the flashy black hat? Bob: S.T.A.R., Special Troops Arms Regiment, Reinhardt's prototype for the Sentry Robots. He was number one until Reinhardt built Maximillian
- Vincent: He's sharp but we're sharper. Did you ever go up against him? Bob: Once. Vincent: What happened? Bob: I beat him. He got so upset he blew a fuse. He had his revenge though. He did things to me that I sure don't
like to think about
- Reinhardt: A toast to you and your companions, Dr. Durant, on the occaision of your visit to the Cygnus
- Vincent: You can't modify perfection. We're the best
- Bob: He wants a rematch. Vincent: An old navy hero once said, "Damn the torpedoes. Full speed ahead" Bob: He also said something about going in harm's way
- Vincent: S.T.A.R., Vincent's my
name. Sharpshooting's my game. Try me
- Vincent: If one dances, one must pay the piper
- Vincent: If there's anything I cannot abide, it's a sore loser
- Bob: My name's B.O.B., bio-sanitation batallion
- Bob: These poor creatures are what's left of the crew, kept alive by means I don't pretend to understand
- Reinhardt: I will travel where no man has dared to go. Alex: Into the Black Hole? Reinhardt:
In....Through....and Beyond - donated by Michael Ducharme (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kate: We've got to get out of here Alex: I'm staying Kate: Shhh! Reinhardt is a murderer. Alex: What?! Kate: Yes. Those creatures, those aren't robots, they're...they're humanoids, they're what's left of the original crew. Reinhardt: What's wrong, Miss Kate? You look ill. - donated by Michael Ducharme (email@example.com)
- Reinhardt: What
are you doing?...He would be dead by now. they all would be dead. It was the only way to keep them alive. One of my greatest achievements
- Reinhardt: Protect me from Maximillian. Kate: If there's any justice at all, the black hole will be your grave
- Dan: Alright, we may have just enough time. Don't wait too long. Get off before the gravity pull is too strong. No matter what. Charlie: Look Dan what... Dan: No matter
what, Charlie. Vincent: I wish you a safe voyage home, Mr. Pizer. Charlie: Yeah, well just make sure you get aboard in one piece
- Reinhardt: The time has come to liquidate our guests
- Dan: Way to go, old Bob
- Vincent: Are you alright? Bob: The first fighting I've done in thirty years. I only wish it'd been Reinhardt and Maximillian out there
- Reinhardt: Your
crack unit outwitted and outfought by some Earth robot and that antique from storage
- Reinhardt: Give them distance, then blow them out of the sky
- Reinhardt: Blow it apart before it hits us. Fire!! Charlie: I should have known he was all talk, no guts and locked him up - donated by Michael Ducharme (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Charlie: I should have known he was all talk, no guts and locked him up.
Dan: He may have done us a favour, Charlie. At least we're alive. Vincent: And where there's life... Charlie: I'm sure that's not what he had in mind. He was trying to save his own skin. Vincent: There is a saying that you can't unscramble eggs. Charlie: An penny's worth of philosophy right now isn't going to buy us out of this now, Vincent. Vincent: A good offense is the best defence. Charlie: And what? Go after Reinhardt and turn this ship around. It's too late for all
that. Vincent: There is an alternative. Dan: The probe ship. Vincent, you're a genius
- Reinhardt: Increase power to maximum. We are going through
- Vincent: We have to go. Bob: No, no I can't make it. My hover stabilization's gone, my main circuits blown and both backups are failing. Vincent: You can make it. Bob: It's no use, Vincent. My useful days are faded but part of me goes with you. We'll never be obsolete.
Carry on the tradition. We're the best
- Dan: Controls not responding. Vincent: Captain, the ship has been programmed. Dan: To Reinhardt's course. Charlie: You mean we're going into the black hole? Dan: Yup. Kate: Let's pray he was a genius
- Sound effect of lasers firing
- More sound effects of lasers firing - donated by Michael Ducharme (email@example.com)
Back to the Black hole home page