SPIE Chapter News
- Chapter to award best student paper at ISPA 01 in Novemeber. Award
includes $200 in cash, SPIE student membership and one conference proceedings
- Chapter is supporting organisation at the 4th Photonics/Optics Forum
on July 25, 2001. Student Support Available
- CMT and SPIE Singapore Chapter to organise conference on Photonics
Display Sept. 11-12, 2001
- Student Chapter taking shape - Contact Dr. George Chen, and Dr.
Anand Asundi, Faculty Advisors
the OE Magazine
In JULY 2001 issue
- Guenther receives New Mexico Distinguished Public Service Award
- E. Herbert Li dies at 44
- Myron Wolbarsht receives award from LIA
- Chiou elected Dean of Science and Engineering at NDHU
- Kulinowski named 2002 Congressional Fellow.
to Launch New Journal
SPIE announces the launch of a new journal, the Journal of Microlithography,
Microfabrication, and Microsystems in March 2002.
New optics short course options
from SPIE Distance Education
Optomechanical Engineering** presented by Paul Yoder, Jr. now on CD-ROM
This short course covers basic optomechanical issues in optical instruments
and systems design. Increase your understanding of optomechanical engineering
principles and techniques for optics mounting configurations.
Book of the Month:
This course describes optical lithography from the physics of image formation
to the proper actions to take to improve the resist image and the final product yield.
Principles of Lithography by Harry J. Levinson
This book is a comprehensive introduction for novice lithographers
and a valuable reference for professionals. The author, a world
leader in lithography, draws on nearly two decades of experience.
Boosting Your Professional Profile: Tools and Techniques
for Advancing Your Career
Wednesday, 1 August, 1:30 pm to 5 pm
Part of SPIE's 46th Annual Meeting San Diego, California
This session will provide participants with the tools and techniques
to tactfully build a strong industry reputation without crossing the
line into self-centered gloating, thus ensuring future career success.