[ rules ] [ setting ] [ players ] [ archives ]
[ home ] [ updates & status ] [ search ] [ links ]
NOTICE: Unless noted otherwise, artistic works linked to on this page are copyrighted by Yoon Ha Lee. (I hope to include more "noted otherwises" in the future, if players feel artistic!) These pictures may not be reproduced elsewhere, etc. (unless you happen to be the one with the image's copyright, of course).
All player contributions are welcome, will be credited, and will have your copyright (of course!). I only ask permission to display the image on this page. (Michelle's picture has a duplicate on the old Black Wall page at the Nest; I'll take that down when the server is feeling cooperative.)
My Art (possibly on behalf of a player)
- Yasmaili by Michelle Bottorff (posted with her permission)
- Yasmaili is a PC from Harava--a belly-dancing mage, in fact.
- Michelle notes that this costume may not be culturally accurate--but then, neither is Harava.
Back to top
- Birechan the Unbroken
- Vanen Miris in armor: the Qenaren use lamellar.
- That's a Qenaren outpost tower in the background.
- And yes, the title is ironic.
- Dance the Blades
- Cat and Kitseya. Cat is wearing magistrate's black with a desert-style veil (though the desert folk would be smarter than to wear black in their home). Kitseya is carrying islander blades
- The "sword dance" being depicted isn't intended to be especially plausible. :-)
- Dance with the Elements
- These weren't originally intended to be wraiths, but the critters do depict my vision of what a qirin (the horned critter) and a stormbird (both wraiths) would look like.
- The Day Dawned Red
- A portrait of Cat, the executioner of Qenar. The critter beside him is a qirin (a type of wraith).
- The inconsistency in horns between this picture and the previous one is solely my fault. Take your pick.
- Another portrait of Cat. The sword at his belt and in the background (call it a close-up is a magistrate's vaesjenar.
- Forgive the violets; it had been a while.
- Falling into Violets
- Cat. Once more, a vaesjenar.
- Frenil Bentyr
- Drawn and posted with David Dror's permission.
- Frenil is a PC from the Ashen Lands.
- I apologize for the blurry quality of the scan; pencil is tricky that way.
- From the Fire
- Raesja Piromel, the warlord of Avrezin (though I cheated on her missing eye).
- The bird in the background represents the Firebird, Avrezin's god of justice; the banner shows Rekke's sigil, the Firebird's Talon.
- I Walk with Death
- A portrait of Cat, the executioner of Qenar. The unicorns are standing in for the Horned Mare, a goddess of death and renewal.
- Sjehan of the Swans
- A view of canton Sjehan (in Qenar): Fort Swanfall and Lake Swanfall. That's a Qenaren-style fort, BTW.
- No swans, alas; the mouse is lousy for "drawing" on the computer.
- Landscape generated using Terragen v0.811, which is free for non-commercial use. For the rest, I used the freeware version of ImageForge.
- The Standing Sword
- A semi-abstract depiction of tirachen and Qenar's sigils.
- From left to right, top to bottom, the sigils (in gold) are: the Iron Gate (Tenu), the Valley Guard (Tannaj), the Standing Sword (Birechan), the Weeping Sun (Harava), and the Swan Rising (Sjehan).
- Storm and Sea
- Vanen Miris and Kitseya Ryuhan, Vanen on the left and Kit on the right.
- The sigils on Vanen's shoulders are outdated; they *should* show the the Standing Sword, but I drew this picture before the change.
- The crane has to do with Kit's origami magic.
Back to Setting
Back to top