SC 610 to 629
< 600 to 609 | Home | 630 to 639 >
|SC 610 not currently assigned|
|Previous SC 610's:||
SC 610: Appeared in 1939, running from US 17 at Red Top south over the Stono River, and ended at its parent SC 61 (now SC 700).
In 1941 or 1942, SC 610 was extended south 2 miles.
The 9 miles of SC 610 were downgraded to S-10-20 in 1948. Today old SC 610 is a major thoroughfare on John's Island and is even 4-laned on some sections south of SC 700.
|SC 611 not currently assigned|
|Previous SC 611's:||
SC 611: Appeared in 1939 as new primary routing. It ran from US 78-SC 2 Summerville west to Knightsville, ending at SC 642 (current S-18-22).
In 1940, SC 611 was extended west to end at SC 64 (now US 17 ALT). SC 611 crossed its parent SC 61 in the heart of Summerville which used Richardson Ave then (precursor to SC 165).
The 8 miles of SC 611 were downgraded to S-18-13 Central Ave. in 1948.
|SC 612 not currently assigned|
|Previous SC 612's:||
SC 612: Appeared in 1940 as a new primary route. Ran from its parent SC 6 Moncks Corner north to Lions Beach, then east over to US 52 Santee Circle.
When the Lake Moultrie Dam was completed in 1941, SC 612 was split into two pieces.
In 1941 or 1942, SC 612 was extended south by the Berkeley County Airport and around to meet SC 64 (current US 17 ALT) at Whitesville.
The 9 miles of SC 612 were downgraded in 1948 to S-8-34 from Whitesville to Moncks Corner, S-8-21 Broughton Rd from Lion Beach down to Moncks Corner, and to S-8-20 from US 52 west to the lake, where a large SCE & G plant operates.
|SC 614 not currently assigned|
|Previous SC 614's:||
SC 614: Appeared in 1940 as new routing. Ran from SC 61 (current S-10-6) using St. Andrews Blvd. 2 miles to US 17 just west of the Ashley River Bridge.
In 1948, SC 614 was extended west over what had been part of SC 61 to SC 61's new location (current S-10-26 Wappoo Rd).
It appears that about 1950, SC 614 was renumbered as today's SC 61.
|SC 615 not currently assigned|
|Previous SC 615's:||
SC 615: Appeared in 1940 Ran from its parent SC 61 (current SC 61-171 south split) south and east toward the Fort Johnson area on James Island.
In 1941 or 1942, the eastern half of SC 615 became SC 616 (now S-10-29 Camp Rd). Instead, SC 615 continued south over an existing toll road to Folly Beach.
SC 615 was renumbered as SC 171 in 1955 or 1956.
|SC 616 not currently assigned|
|Previous SC 616's:||
SC 616: Appeared in 1941 or 1942 as a renumbering of a piece of SC 615. It ran from SC 615 (current SC 171) 2 miles east towards Fort Johnson.
In 1948, SC 616 was downgraded to S-10-29 Camp Rd.
|SC 617 not currently assigned|
|Previous SC 617's:||
SC 617: Appeared in 1941 or 1942 as new primary routing. Ran from SC 82 (current SC 81) near the McCormick-Abbeville line eastward and around to SC 28.
In 1948, the 9 miles of SC 617 were downgraded to S-35-79, S-35-40, S-35-19, and S-35-37.