-->
Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

 
 
The Highways of South Carolina SC 360 to 369 
< 350 to 359 | Home | 370 to 379 >

 
 
SC 360  not currently assigned
Previous SC 360's: SC 360: Appeared in 1941 or 1942 as new primary routing. Ran from SC 36 (current S-38-39) near the N. Edisto River Bridge and ending at SC 42 (current S-38-90) just outside Orangeburg, a distance of 8 miles.
In 1948, SC 360 was downgraded to S-38-49.
SC 360 was fully paved, a rarity for a route canned in the 1948 denumbering. The 1940 Official Map shows the road was paved even as a secondary road before its promotion.
SC 361  not currently assigned
Previous SC 361's: SC 361: Appeared in 1937 or 1938 as new routing. Ran from SC 33 (current US 321) Dukes east to SC 36 (current US 601) near Miley, a distance of 16 miles.
In 1939, SC 361 was extended east 1 paved mile to Miley.
In 1940, SC 361 was extended in both directions: east to SC 63 in the Whippy Swamp, and west from Dukes to SC 337 (current S-3-22) west of Barton. This gave SC 361 its longest run at 29 miles.
In 1948, SC 361 (which had a number of turns to it)was downgraded to S-3-23, S-25-21, S-25-12, S-25-38, S-25-139, S-25-43, and S-25-13.
SC 362
From: SC 212 Williams (Colleton County)
To: US 78 Bamberg (Bamberg County)
Total Length: 22.9 miles  
ROUTE LOG
SC 212: 0 - 0
SC 217 EB: 4.2 - 4.2
Bamberg-Colleton Line: 0.3 - 4.5
SC 217 WB: 0.5 - 5
US 78: 17.9 - 22.9
Creation: Created in 1939 as new primary routing. Ran from US 78 Bamberg south for 11 miles.
Adjustments: In 1940, SC 362 was extended south to SC 217.
In 1941 or 1942, SC 362 was extended south again to SC 212 Williams.
Improvements: SC 362 was fully paved above SC 217 in 1948. The SC 217 to SC 212 piece was paved in 1950; no multilane sections
Comment: SC 362 serves southeastern Bamberg County

 
 
SC 363
From: US 321 Luray (Hampton County)
To: SC 63 northeast of Varnville (Hampton County)
Total Length: 12.9 miles  
ROUTE LOG
US 321: 0 - 0
US 278 WB, US 601 NB: 8.1 - 8.1
US 601 SB: 0.6 - 8.7
US 278 EB: 0.1 - 8.8
SC 63: 4.1 - 12.9
Creation: Appeared as a resurrected state route in 1950, running as it does now.
Adjustments: SC 363 first appeared in 1940, running from SC 5 (current US 321) Luray to SC 28-36 (current US 278-601) Hampton.
In 1941 or 1942, SC 363 was extended east to SC 63.
In 1948, SC 363 was downgraded to secondary status for a couple years before resuming its primary status.
Improvements: Fully paved when resurrected in 1950; no known multilane segments.
Comment: SC 363 today appears to be a x63 route, but back in the day it was really a spur of SC 36.

 
 
SC 364  not currently assigned
Previous SC 364's: SC 364: Appeared in 1940 as new routing. Ran from SC 36-SC 334 (current US 601/S-5-23 jct) Ehrhardt east to SC 362.
In 1941 or 1942, SC 364 was extended over a brief SC 64 west multiplex, then southwest to SC 330 (current S-5-31) near Rivers Bridge State Park, for a total distance of 11 miles.
SC 364 was downgraded to S-5-25 and S-25-21 in 1948.

 
 
SC 365  not currently assigned
Previous SC 365's: SC 365: Appeared in 1940 as new routing. Ran from SC 128 (current US 278) Horsegall northeast to SC 28 (current SC 68) Cummings.
In 1941 or 1942, SC 365 was extended in an 8 mile loop east past SC 28 out to today's S-25-141, then north to S-25-140, then southwest back to SC 28 (today's SC 68) only 1.6 miles west of Cummings.
The 13 miles SC 384 were downgraded to S-25-27, S-25-42, S-25-141, and S-25-140 in 1948.

 
 
SC 366  not currently assigned
Previous SC 366's: SC 366: Appeared in 1940 as new primary routing. Ran from SC 128 (current US 278) near Gillisonville east 4 miles to US 17 Coosawatchie
In 1941 or 1942, SC 366 was extended west on SC 128 to Gillisonville, then west to SC 367 (current S-27-15) near Grays. This made SC 366 10 miles long.
In 1948, SC 366 was downgraded to S-27-75 west of Gillisonville and an unknown secondary route east of Gillisonville, which later became part of SC 170 and is now part of SC 462.

 
 
SC 367  not currently assigned
Previous SC 367's: SC 367: Appeared in 1940 as new routing. Ran from SC 36 (current US 601) Pineland through SC 128 (current US 278) Grays, and ending at the Coosawhatchie River, a total of 15 miles.
In 1941 or 1942, SC 367 was extended east to SC 28 (current SC 68) Early Branch, then looped east and south to finally end at US 17 (current US 17A-21) Yemasee. SC 367 was now 26 miles long.
In 1948, SC 367 was downgraded to S-27-15, S-27-16, S-27-87, S-25-36, S-25-44, and S-25-13. One small segment just west of Grays became part of an extended SC 631 (now part of SC 3).
SC 368  not currently assigned
Previous SC 368's: SC 368: Appeared in 1940 as new routing. Ran from SC 170 (current SC 462) at the Bee Creek Bridge to 1 mile south of SC 128 (current SC 336) Grahamville.
In 1941 or 1942, SC 368 was extended south to US 17 Switzerland, for a length of 9 miles.
In 1948, SC 368 was downgraded to S-27-13. Today, I-95 splits this road, so west of I-95 is now S-27-143.

Last Update: 7 March 2005

Previous: SC 350 - 359  |  Next: SC 370 - 379
Top  |  South Carolina Hwy Index Home