Fun Facts About South Carolina
And you thought South Carolina was boring!!! PSHAW!
- Vanna White was born in South Carolina.
- There is a giant water tower just over the state line that was made to look like a peach. It's called The Peachoid, but some people refer to it as the big orange butt in the sky.
- South Carolina is known for silly city names like Coward, South of the Border, and Welcome.
- The official dance of South Carolina is The Shag. Apparently, the Shag began as an attempt to do the Jitterbug but a little too much to drink slowed the dance down.
- In lake murray lives the Loch Ness Monster's cousin the Loch Murray Monster.
- South carolina, before it was The Palmetto State, was The Iodine State.
- Sumter has the largest Gingko farm in the world.
- There is 187 miles of coastline along South Carolina.
- · There are more than 300 public and private golf courses in South Carolina.
- The first fireproof building was built in 1822 in Charleston.