The town of Conneaut, Ohio, has a railroad history dating back to 1852. The first railroad, the Cleveland and Erie began operations through there in August of that year. It was later absorbed by Conrail which is now CSX. It is also the home of The Conneaut Railroad Museum, former New York Central depot, built in 1900, has antique and rare steam era exhibits.
« previous | next »
Three railroads, the CSX, Norfolk and Southern and Bessemer and Lake Erie serve the city today. They move huge amounts of iron ore and coal between the docks and the rest of the country.The iron ore, coal and limestone storage and handling facilities at the Port of Conneaut, which are the most modern on the Great Lakes. In operation since 1965,Bessemer & Lake Erie Railroad Co. owns and operates The Pittsburgh and Conneaut Dock Company (P&C Dock)
Comments (0) | Add a Comment