Burns Out Bright Lyrics
I needed a place to keep all the words I thought
were super awesometastic so I wrote them down. The List was HUGE! People
read that list and they were like whoa! But unfortunately, in a freak skiing
accident, the list became harshly disfigured and ended up coming out of
surgery as this ugly list of words. But you know what? It's what's on the
inside that counts. And since lists don't have insides....ok no more
babbling. This is a list of cool words. At least I think so. Most of these
words show up somewhere in this website. If you find them all you
win....nothing. But it's the thought that counts, right?
But wait! There is more! Thanks to a trip to
Canada, I had to learn Canadian. And guess what? They have their own awesome
words which I may choose to say for now on. And my teacher, Lindsay, who can
show you a graph about her name, came up with the brilliant idea of adding
them to my website.
Big Cool English Words
- Afterglow (Noun) - A state of peace that can follow after a psychedelic experience when
your mind is still detached from worldly concerns. "He's bathing in the afterglow of
his last LSD trip".
- Agoraphobia (Noun) - abnormal fear of being helpless in an
embarrassing or unescapable situation that is characterized especially
by the avoidance of open or public places
- Bona fide (Adj.) - made in good faith without fraud or deceit
- Caliginous (Adj.) - dark
- Crapulous (Adj.) - sick
from excessive indulgence in liquor
- Cornucopia (Noun) - an inexhaustible store
- Enigmatic (Adj.) - mysterious
- Fallacious (Adj.) - tending to deceive or mislead
- Grok (Noun) - A deep understanding of a concept, From Robert Heinlein's Strangers in a
- Ilk (Noun) - sort or kind "I like these books and others of its ilk."
- Imbibe (Verb) - to receive into the mind and retain; to take in or up
- Megalomaniac: (Noun) - a delusional mental disorder that is marked by
infantile feelings of personal omnipotence and grandeur
- Nepenthe (Noun) - a potion used by the ancients to induce forgetfulness of pain or
sorrow; something capable of causing oblivion of grief or suffering
- Ostentation (Noun) - excessive display
- Precipice (Noun) - a very steep or overhanging place; a hazardous
- Pretentious (Adj.) - making usually unjustified or excessive claims : making demands on
one's skill, ability, or means
- Pulchritude (Noun) - beauty
- Pulchritudinous (Adj.) - one marked with beauty
- Reciprocity (Noun) - a mutual exchange of privileges; specifically : a recognition by
one of two countries or institutions of the validity of licenses or privileges granted by
- Samadhi: (Noun) - this term refers to the transcendence of personal ego to
attain a state of oneness with true reality. A state of bliss.
- Serendipity (Noun)- the faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things
not sought for
- Somnambulism (Noun) - an abnormal condition of sleep in which motor acts (as walking)
- Somnambulist (Noun) - a sleepwalker
Awesometastic Canadian Words*
- KD (Kraft Dinner) - Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
- Pop - Soda, coke, soft drink, whatever you want to call it.
- Timbits - Doughnut holes widely popular in Canada, named after the
hockey player who started the chain.
- Loonie - $1 coins
- Toonie - $2 coins
- Runners - Sneakers
- Toque - Beanie
- Minty - Another word for "cool" as in hip, awesome, etc.
Only used in Winnipeg, but a "minty" word nonetheless.
- Pogo - Corndog
- Ski-doo - Used as a verb (to go on a snowmobile) or as a noun
(snowmobile). It's like Kleenex brand name turning into the generic
term for all facial tissues.
* Thank you to Emily Way and her website American Guide to Canada:
Canadianism for all the words and