|RUSSIAN PERFECT: RUSSIAN TRANSLATOR: EXPERIENCE,
QUALITY, and SPEED.
VICTOR A. STEGNIY,
ACTIVE AS TRANSLATOR: since 1992
(1) English to Russian
(2) Ukrainian, Polish to Russian
(3) Russian, Ukrainian, Polish to English
2500 words per day
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Economics, Business, Marketing,Advertising, Sociology, History, Politics, Linguistics, Technical, General.
EXPERIENCE AS TRANSLATOR:
From 1993 till present time - Senior researcher at St. Petersburg Institute of Linguistic Studies; and freelance translator for Leontief Centre, an economic and sociology research unit under the St. Petersburg City Hall.
1972-1993: teacher of English at secondary schools in Leningrad Oblast, Leningrad Institute of Economics and Finance, and Leningrad Mining Institute.
PARTICIPATION IN LEONTIEF CENTRE PROJECTS:
1. 1994-1995: Socio-Economic Development of St. Petersburg and Opportunities for Attracting Foreign Investments (commissioned by the Ministry of Trade and Industry of Finland).
2. 1996-1998: A Strategic Plan for St. Petersburg (financed by the USAID).
3. 1993-2006: The bi-monthly bulletin "The Socio-Economic Situation in St. Petersburg. A General Overview" (published by Leontief Centre).
4. 1997-1998: Employment, Unemployment and Labor Market Behavior Among Highly Qualified Workforce in St. Petersburg, Russia (commissioned by the TACIS).
5. 1998 – 1999: Renovation and Preservation of the Historic Center of St. Petersburg (financed by World Bank).
6. 2002-2003: A survey of public utilties systems in six Russian regions (commissioned by the World Bank).
ALSO, in 1997-2006 I translated large technical texts for two US translation agencies: Russian Technical Translations Inc., and Central European Translations Inc.
1. Dr. Leonid Limonov, Director of the Project Office “A Strategic Plan for St. Petersburg”, and Director-Coordinator of Research Projects for Leontief Centre, St. Petersburg, Russia, tel.: +7 – 812-3166246, e-mail: email@example.com
2.Jiri Stejskal, Ph.D., Central European Translations, Inc., President. tel.: (215) 635-7090, fax: (215) 635-6610, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Michael Reyz, Russian Technical Translations, Inc., President. tel:(301) 762-0041; fax: (301)762-6824, e-mail: email@example.com
1. Linguistic papers:
1978-2005: 23 papers on Klamath and English grammar
1992: English-Russian translation of a collection of stories by John Brunner, Brian Aldiss, and Rex Stout (Russian title: Zaglianut' Vperiod, Mileta Publishers, St. Petersburg), 200 pp.
1993-2006: Russian-English translation of Leontief Centre's bi-monthly bulletin "The Socio-Economic Situation in St. Petersburg. A General Overview", numbers 5 - 80
1994: English-Russian translation of the proceedings of the international workshop "Real Property Markets and Urban Development: Russian Reform and International Practices", Limbus Press, St. Petersburg, 279 pp.
1995: Russian-English translation "Russia: Urban Development and Emerging Property Markets", ed. by L. Limonov and V. Renard, ADEF Publishers, Paris, 216 pp.
1996: Russian-English translation "City of St. Petersburg 1994-1995" (a financial report by the City Hall), ed. by A. Kudrin, Limbus Press, St. Petersburg, 107 pp.
Russian-English translation "Directory of Scientific, Research and Technical Sphere of St. Petersburg", Leontief Centre, 130 pp.
Russian-English translation and editing of the "St. Petersburg Candidature File" (an application to host the 2004 Olympics), IMS Studio 6, Lausanne, around 300 pp.
1997: Russian-English translation and editing of "Typology of Iterative Constructions" ed. by Prof. Xrakovsky, ISBN 3 89586 178 2 LINCOM Studies inTheoretical Linguistics, Munich, Germany, 540 pp.
Russian-English translation: “City of St. Petersburg 1996”, Leontief Centre, Hansaprint Salo, Finland, 38 pp.
1998: English-Russian translation of papers by P. Gatrell, Mark von Hagen, P. Holquist, J. Kotsonis, A. Mackey, and S. Morissey, for the Conference “Russia and the Great War” (St. Petersburg, May 1998, 220 pp.
Russian-English translation "City of St. Petersburg 1997-98", Leontief Centre, around 70 pp.
2000: Russian-English translation "Budget of St. Petersburg for 2000", Financial Committee of St. Petersburg Administration, around 70 pp.
2001:Russian-English translation and editing of "Typology of Imperative Constructions" ed. by Prof. Xrakovsky, ISBN 389586 542 7 LINCOM Studies in Theoretical Linguistics, Munich, Germany, 550 pp.
2005:Russian-English translation and editing of "Typology of Conditional Constructions" ed. by Prof. Xrakovsky, LINCOM Studies in Theoretical Linguistics, Munich, Germany, 650 pp.
ALSO, I translated the Russian version of the GlobalizeIt Company (Germany) Web site which can be found at www.GlobalizeIt.com.
tel/fax home: +7 (813)71 20617
24 Hour Translations