2007 Celebrates 100 Years of Scouting
In 2007 Zimbabwe will be:-
- Hosting a large National 2007 Join-In-Jamboree Camp
- This will be organized by Norman Scott
- Scouting Sunrise celebration
- This will be at dawn across the globe on 1 August 2007.
- Include past Scouts in the Celebrations.
- As part of the Celebrations, National Headquarters is in the process of looking for former Scout Commissioners, who made a contribution to the Scout Movement in Zimbabwe. If anyone knows of their where-abouts, please let us know.
- Sending a contingent of 36 scouts to the World Jamboree.
- All Troops/Scouts wishing to participate are advised to start saving/fund raising now. (Check out the "Fundraising" section for ideas).
- We are appealing to former Scouts of Zimbabwe residing in the UK, to carry out fundraising activities in order to enable our Scouts to participate. Those interested can form a trust Fund in order to assist. The Association is not interested in receiving the money but rather, in assistance.
Scouting started nearly a century ago, and today there are 28 million Scouts worldwide, in 216 countries and territories.
In 2007, Scouting celebrates its Centenary, and thousands of activities by millions of Scouts will help to change the world for good.
Worldwide Centenary Programmes will include:
and World Centenary Events will include:
- Gifts for Peace
- Scouting’s Sunrise
- 21st World Scout Jamboree
- International Congress in Geneva
- Brownsea Island Sunrise Camp
For more information, contact:-
Zimbabwe's International and Programmes Commissioner: Bekezela Ndebele email@example.com