Session 36:
Drow Army


[JadedDM]:  Chrysote 22, 666; Frostday.  10 bells.  When the light fades and Jasmin can see again, she finds herself just outside of the Mirthful Miner Tavern.  However, it is not how she remembers it.  The place is in shambles and is burning.  A number of buildings around her are in similar conditions.  In the distance, she can hear screams of panic and fear.  Far overhead, she hears the beating wings of the shadow dragon.  Although early in the morning, the sun has been blocked out completely, making it appear to be night.

[JadedDM]:  Chrysote 22, 666; Frostday.  10 bells.  When the light fades and Daufer can see again, he finds himself alone with Loreleii, just outside of his partially constructed temple.  The entire city is in chaos, burning.  However, his temple is thus far unblemished.  In the distance, he can hear the screams of panic and fear.  Far overhead, he hears the beating wings of the shadow dragon.  Although early in the morning, the sun has been blocked out completely, making it appear to be night.

[Airellian]: Knowing he must stop the drow from razing the city to the ground, he checks to see if Loreleii is well. "We must find the others and stop the drow at any cost!"

[Airellian]: Loreleii nods frantically, the devastation of the city having a visible effect on her emotions. "Where do you suppose they are?"

[Jasmin] Jasmin looks around from her spot on the ground for a few moments, seemingly confused as to what exactly is going on. Quickly, she pushes herself up as she realizes that she is the city, and her eyes widen as she watches the Mirthful Miner burn. "Ruby?!" she cries out as she suddenly remembers the girl works there.

[Airellian]: Daufer says, "They may have tried to go to Priest Chaleur's temple! Let's try there first!" Able to see in the darkness, the priest takes the wizard's hand and guides her through the streets.

[Airellian]: Loreleii visibly blushes at having another take her hand in such a way, but she follows after the hobgoblin without saying a word.

[JadedDM]:  Looking around her, Jasmin notices there are a number of dead bodies, mostly human, lying in the streets.  They appear to have been stabbed to death.  There is a blood-curdling scream heard within the tavern, and Ruby, covered in ash and her dress torn, comes stumbling outside before falling to the ground.

[JadedDM]:  The pair hurries toward the Temple of Renos , stepping over a number of dead bodies on the way.  They lie motionless, pools of blood beneath them.  They are mostly human, but a few goblins and hobgoblins can be found among them, as well.  There are no Drow corpses.

[Jasmin] Jasmin dashes over to the ash covered Ruby, and kneels down beside the girl. "Are you okay?"

[Airellian]: Daufer shakes his head at the hobgoblin bodies strewn about, but continues forward with a look of determination. Loreleii, having little light to see, cannot make out what she is stepping on.

[JadedDM]:  Ruby cries out in fear, looking at the inn's entrance.  A male drow foot soldier steps out, armed with a short sword and wearing some kind of black, metal armor.

[JadedDM]:  Heading west, the pair comes up to Baska's home.  It is also on fire.  Just as they are passing by, a pair of drow foot soldiers wearing black armor emerges from within it.  They draw their short swords upon seeing the pair and shout out some command in their own language.

[Jasmin] Jasmin looks up towards the male drow, her eyes narrowing. She draws Radiant Star and Scalebiter as she stands up straight. "You are making a terrible mistake," Jasmin says to the drow as she moves to stand in front of Ruby.

[JadedDM]:  The drow smirks arrogantly and then points his sword at Jasmin in challenge.  (Roll initiative.)

[Jasmin] [1d10] => [9] = (9)

[Airellian]: Daufer puts himself between the soldiers and the wizard. "Stay back!"

[JadedDM]:  The two drow begin to advance on Daufer menacingly.  (Roll initiative.)

[Airellian]: Daufer attacks the drow. Loreleii casts magic missile.

[Airellian]: Daufer: [1d10] -> [9] = (9)

[Airellian]: Loreleii: [1d10] -> [4] = (4)

[JadedDM]:  Loreleii's turn.

[Airellian]: Drawing a wand from where it was fastened to her hip, Loreleii says an arcane word of power. A bright light issues forth from the wand and hurtles after one of the drow soldiers.

[Airellian]: [1d4+1] -> [4,1] = (5)

[Airellian]: The missile buries deep into the drow's flesh and he cries out in pain.

[JadedDM]:  Drow's turn

[JadedDM]:  The Drow takes the first move, lunging forward with his short sword in an almost reckless manner.  Apparently, this one hasn't had as much training as she might have guessed.  Jasmin easily sidesteps the clumsy blow.

[JadedDM]:  Drow's turn.

[JadedDM]:  The two Drow gang up on Daufer, each stabbing through his defenses, burning hatred in their glowing red eyes.  (Daufer takes 6 and 3 damage.)

[JadedDM]:  Jasmin's turn.

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [18] = (18)

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [6] = (6)

[Jasmin] [1d6+4] => [1,4] = (5)

[Airellian]: Daufer grunts in pain as their blades stab into flesh.

[Jasmin] As Jasmin sidesteps the clumsy blow from the drow, she stabs Radiant Star into his side as he recovers from missing her. "I expected more from drow," she says, sounding slightly disappointed. She brings Scalebiter in to stab into him again, but he is able to dodge the attack as he recovers.

[JadedDM]:  Daufer's turn.

[Airellian]: [1d20] -> [12] = (12)

[Airellian]: [2d4] -> [4,1] = (5)

[Airellian]: With a mighty warcry, Daufer brings the maul down upon the drow's skull. A loud crack of bone is heard, and the drow falls down.

[JadedDM]:  Jasmin's turn.

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [13] = (13)

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [20] = (20)

[Jasmin] [1d20+4] => [2,4] = (6)

[Jasmin] [1d6+4] => [2,4] = (6)

[Jasmin] [2d6+4] => [4,5,4] = (13)

[Jasmin] Before the drow can attack her again, Jasmin dances into the fray with him again, swing both swords in unison. Radiant Star stabs into the drow's belly, as Scalebiter slices into the drow's neck. The drow gurgles a bit of blood before it falls dead, backwards to the ground.

[JadedDM]:  (Round 2:  State initiative.)

[Airellian]: Daufer: [1d10] -> [5] = (5), Loreleii: [1d10] -> [2] = (2)

[Airellian]: ((Same actions as last round.))

[JadedDM]:  Loreleii's turn.

[JadedDM]:  Ruby manages to get to her feet.  "Jasmin!  You...you killed a Drow!  That's high treason!"

[Jasmin] "It doesn't matter anymore, Ruby," Jasmin says, looking over to Ruby. "They are wiping us out right now, so I have a right to defend myself, my home, and the people I care about."

[Airellian]: The librarian turns the wand toward the remaining drow. Another bright light issues forth, burning a trail of light in everyone's eyes in the darkness.

[Airellian]: [1d4+1] -> [4,1] = (5)

[Airellian]: The missile bites deep into the drow's flesh.

[JadedDM]:  Ruby:  "By yourself?  That's crazy!"

[JadedDM]:  Drow's turn.

[JadedDM]:  The drow thrusts his short sword at Daufer again, but wounded by Loreleii's missile causes him to miss.  The point of the blade instead is defected off the hobgoblin's armor.

[JadedDM]:  Daufer's turn.

[Jasmin] "Well, I didn't exactly plan on doing it by myself. The others were supposed to be here, but I don't know what happened," Jasmin says, sounding a bit frustrated. "I'll find them, but right now you have to find a safe place to hide."

[JadedDM]:  Ruby:  "How about the smelter?  It's pretty sturdy!"

[Airellian]: [1d20] -> [11] = (11)

[Airellian]: [2d4] -> [3,3] = (6)

[Jasmin] "That sounds good, but you have to get there first."

[JadedDM]:  Ruby:  "It's not far, but the Drow are everywhere."  Up above, the shadow dragon roars and Ruby drops to her knees, covering her ears and screaming.

[Airellian]: Daufer swings the maul into the drow's side, breaking several ribs, but the drow still stands, though breathing heavily and coughing up blood.

[JadedDM]:  The Drow, realizing this hobgoblin is not going down as easily as the others, attempts to retreat.  However, he turns and runs right into the bulk of a large half-ogre.  Before he can react, the half-ogre, Grunk, punches him in the nose.  The Drow collapses.

[Jasmin] Jasmin looks up towards the sky as she hears the dragon. She moves to Ruby's side, grabs her arm, and helps her up to her feet. "I'll try to get you there safely, but you aren't going to get anywhere cowering in fear."

[JadedDM]:  Ruby:  Biting her lip, she manages to get to her feet and walks with Jasmin.

[Airellian]: Daufer nods in thanks to the half-ogre. However, already realizing where he is, the hobgoblin turns to go into the home the drow walked out of. "Baska! Baska! Neja!"

[Jasmin] Jasmin leads Ruby towards the smelter, keeping her eyes open for any drow that might happen to pop up.

[Airellian]: Loreleii shouts, "Daufer? Where are you going? Daufer!"

[JadedDM]:  Daufer finds the place a shambles.  There are no sign of Baska or her daughter, alive or dead.  There is some blood on the floor, but not very much.

[JadedDM]:  The two women approach the smelter, but luckily don't encounter any drow on the way there.

[Airellian]: Daufer walks back out of the shack, a troubled expression upon his face. He takes Loreleii's arm and walks over to Grunk. "Grunk! What happened? Is anyone else alright?"

[JadedDM]:  Grunk mutely points toward the smelter.

[Jasmin] Jasmin moves to the doors of the temple, and opens them more to check to see if there happen to be Drow hiding inside.

[Airellian]: "Very well. Let's keep going." Daufer walks purposefully towards the smelter.

[JadedDM]:  A hobgoblin woman suddenly bursts out when Jasmin opens the door, wielding a crude club.  It looks like a table leg.  She stops when she recognizes Jasmin.  "It's you!" Baska states in surprise.

[Jasmin] Jasmin jumps back to avoid being knocked off her feet. "Yes, it's me," Jasmin says a bit awkwardly. "I have someone that needs protecting," she says, motioning to Ruby. "Do you think you can do that for me?"

[JadedDM]: Daufer then arrives at the smelter, along with Loreleii and the mute half-ogre bouncer, Grunk.  Approaching, they spot Jasmin and a young woman--the barmaid Ruby from the Mirthful Miner--standing at the stone doors with Baska, who is holding a table leg.

[Jasmin] Jasmin glances over her shoulder to see Daufer, Loreleii, and Grunk. "Have you found anyone else?" she asks.

[Airellian]: "Baska! You're okay!" Daufer looks relieved. He turns to Jasmin. "No, I haven't seen anyone else. I thought they might try to go here if we got separated."

[JadedDM]: Up above, the dragon roars again.  It seems to be carrying a piece of a building in its claws.  It tosses the debris into another building further up north.  The earth rumbles as a result.

[Jasmin] Jasmin looks up towards the dragon again. "Okay, I think we would be better inside right now than out."

[JadedDM]: Someone to the east of them shouts out in the Drow language.  Six of the soldiers emerge from the shadows, their short swords drawn.  They spot the group standing outside the temple.

[Jasmin] Jasmin lets out a small groan. "Ruby, get inside," she says while turning to face the six drow.

[Airellian]: Daufer hefts his maul. "We don't have time for this. Let's take care of this quickly!"

[JadedDM]: Baska, Ruby, and Grunk head inside.  The massive half-ogre uses his strength to close the two stone doors as if they were lightless.  The others turn to face the advancing six Drow.  (State actions and roll for initiative.)

[Loreleii]: The librarian nods, raising her hands up before her.

[Daufer]: [1d10] -> [5] = (5)

[Loreleii]: [1d10] -> [2] = (2)

[Jasmin] Jasmin moves to attack the drow head on.

[Jasmin] [1d10] => [2] = (2)

[JadedDM]: Jasmin's turn.

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [19] = (19)

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [11] = (11)

[Jasmin] [1d6+4] => [3,4] = (7)

[Jasmin] Jasmin meets one of the drow head on. Quickly, she finds an opening, and stabs Radiant Star into the drow. A clash of steel is heard as the drow blocks Scalebiter from finding another opening.

[JadedDM]: Loreleii's turn.

[Loreleii]: Loreleii whispers words of arcane power, moving her hands in deft practiced gestures. Finally, she brings her hands forward and spreads her fingers out in a fan-shaped pattern. A jet of flame shoots from her fingertips.

[Loreleii]: [1d3+8] -> [1,8] = (9)

[Loreleii]: The flame shoots out quickly, killing one immediately. Another one sustains major burns while another ducks out of the way.

[JadedDM]: Drows' turn.

[JadedDM]: Three of the Drow charge at Jasmin, ganging up on her.  The nimble dancer avoids all attacks save for one.  The other two continue on toward Daufer and Loreleii, despite their burns.  Neither can pierce Daufer's defenses, however.

[JadedDM]: Daufer's turn.

[Daufer]: [1d20] -> [3] = (3)

[Daufer]: Daufer continues to defend the wizard, but is unable to pull off an attack against his assailants.

[JadedDM]: Jasmin's turn.

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [17] = (17)

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [12] = (12)

[Jasmin] [1d6+4] => [3,4] = (7)

[Jasmin] [1d6+4] => [5,4] = (9)

[Jasmin] Jasmin sighs a bit in frustration as she is ganged up on. "You guys can do better than this," she says before she Radiant Star finds a home in a drow's chest. Quickly, she kicks him backwards, and shoves Scalebiter into the stomach of another drow. Both drop down to the ground dead.

[JadedDM]: (State actions and roll initiative for Round 3.)

[Daufer]: Daufer continues to defend Loreleii. [1d10] -> [2] = (2)

[Jasmin] Attacks the last drow near her.

[Jasmin] [1d10] => [8] = (8)

[Loreleii]: Loreleii draws a wand. [1d10] -> [8] = (8)

[Eskar]: [1d10] => [8] = (8)

[JadedDM]: Jasmin's turn.

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [3] = (3)

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [10] = (10)

[Jasmin] [1d6+4] => [3,4] = (7)

[Jasmin] Jasmin spins around to attack the final drow head on with Radiant Star, but the drow sees the attack and blocks with his own sword. Though, while he is blocking Radiant Star, Jasmin slices Scalebiter across his stomach.

[JadedDM]: Daufer's turn.

[Daufer]: [1d20] -> [19] = (19)

[Daufer]: [2d4] -> [1,1] = (2)

[Jasmin] (whoo, go Daufer)

[Daufer]: Daufer swings his maul at the attacking drow's head. The enemy's neck twists too far, and with a loud crunch, he falls to the ground.

[JadedDM]: Loreleii's turn.

[Loreleii]: Loreleii points the wand at the remaining drow attacking Daufer and her.

[Loreleii]: [1d4+1] -> [3,1] = (4)

[Loreleii]: The missile leaves a bright trail of light as it shoots out from the wand. It burrows deep into the drow's chest, killing him.

[JadedDM]: Eskar's turn.

[Eskar]: [1d20] => [8] = (8)

[Eskar]: Eskar appears out of nowhere behind the last drow, but the dramatics end there as his blade anti-climatically misses the dark elf. Eskar scowls deeply.

[JadedDM]: Jasmin's turn.

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [6] = (6)

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [9] = (9)

[Jasmin] [1d6+4] => [1,4] = (5)

[Jasmin] Once again, the drow blocks Jasmin's attack with Radiant Star, but he simply can block Scalebiter from slicing into his side. The drow takes a few steps backwards before dropping to the ground.

[JadedDM]: As the battle ends, the shadow dragon up above roars again.  He sounds like he's further north, in the noble district.

[Eskar]: Eskar moves out of the way of the falling drow, sheathing his blade. His head snaps to the direction of the roar and then back to the others.

[Jasmin] "We need to find Gaheris and the others," Jasmin says over the roar.

[Daufer]: "Agreed," Daufer says. "But where could they be, do you think?"

[Jasmin] "I appeared in front of the Mirthful Miner. Maybe the Tainted Hands appeared, or at least one of them appeared, in front of the Wolfblaze Inn? Gaheris could honestly be anywhere, but I would probably check home first...if I still have a home."

[Loreleii]: Loreleii replaces the wand back to her belt. "If that were true, shouldn't Meschior be right here?"

[Jasmin] "Do you have any other ideas, Loreleii?"

[Loreleii]: Loreleii shrugs, frantically trying to come up with ideas. "Maybe the library? Oh, but that's in the Noble district."

[Eskar]: "I am appearing by the mines when I come back." Eskar scratches at a filthy beard.

[Jasmin] "We don't have the power to face that dragon...yet," Jasmin says. "Daufer, any ideas? I know we can't just keep standing here, so we need to pick a way then go."

[Daufer]: Daufer pauses for a moment. "The drow need to be dealt with, even if we don't have the strength to deal with them. I say we head toward the Noble district, searching and picking up any of our party as we go."

[Jasmin] Jasmin shrugs. "All right then," she says. "Follow me, and keep your eyes open." With that says, she makes her way towards the noble district.

[Daufer]: Daufer chants a small prayer to heal his wounds, then follows after Jasmin.

[Eskar]: Eskar falls in line behind Jasmin, turning his head nervously as he goes.

[Loreleii]: Loreleii, a worried look on her face, also follows after the warrior woman.

[JadedDM]: The four head northward toward the noble district.  Every now and again they hear the screams of helpless people in the distance, the roar and swooping of the dragon, the rumbling of the earth, and the cackling of the mad fires.  There are more bodies, as well, as they enter town square.  But surprisingly, they spot a couple of dead Drow, as well.

[Daufer]: "The drow met with more resistance here. Potential allies, perhaps," Daufer mutters.

[Jasmin] Jasmin looks down at the dead drow, trying to figure out how they were killed.

[JadedDM]: The dead drow, both male soldiers, appear to have been peppered with arrows.  Said arrows have owlbear feathers tied to their tails.

[Eskar]: Eskar moves amongst the dead, looking for any signs of where survivors on either side might have gone to.

[Jasmin] "Gaheris," Jasmin says, pointing to the arrows.

[Daufer]: "So he was here. He may have made for his house. Shall we go there?"

[Jasmin] Jasmin gives a slight nod of agreement to Daufer. "This way," she says before running off towards her home.

[Airellian]: Both hobgoblin and librarian follow Jasmin as she leads the way.

[Eskar]: Eskar picks up the pace to try and follow Jasmin.

[JadedDM]: Jasmin leads them all to her home, which seems to have suffered some damage.  It looked to have been burnt in some areas, but someone or something must have put the fires out before they got too bad.  Five drow stand outside the door.  Two of them are attempting to bash down the door.

[Jasmin] Jasmin suddenly comes to a halt as she watches the drow beat on the door. She puts a finger to her lips to tell everyone to be quiet as she tries to sneak up on one of the drow to attack from behind with her swords.

[Eskar]: Eskar stands still, watching Jasmin, with hand on hilt.

[Loreleii]: Loreleii raises her hands before her.

[JadedDM]: Despite her silence, the drow with their elven hearing, sense her coming.  They quickly turn to face her, and the element of surprise is lost.  (State actions and roll initiative.)

[Daufer]: Daufer stands beside Loreleii, again defending her from attackers.

[Eskar]: Eskar rushes beside Jasmin to help their sort of "front line."

[Eskar]: [1d10] => [6] = (6)

[Daufer]: [1d10] -> [6] = (6)

[Jasmin] With a shrug, Jasmin attacks.

[Loreleii]: [1d10] -> [3] = (3)

[Jasmin] [1d10] => [4] = (4)

[JadedDM]: Loreleii's turn.

[Loreleii]: The librarian whispers familiar words of power and makes complicated gestures with her hands. Putting her hands together in a fan-like shape, a jet of flame shoots from her fingertips.

[Loreleii]: [1d3+8] -> [3,8] = (11)

[Loreleii]: The flames shoot forward in dazzling brilliance, but the drow manage to dodge away from most of the flame. They still sustain minor burns.

[JadedDM]: Jasmin's turn.

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [17] = (17)

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [9] = (9)

[Jasmin] [1d6+4] => [6,4] = (10)

[Jasmin] [1d6+4] => [4,4] = (8)

[Jasmin] Despite having lost the element of surprise, Jasmin dances in between two of the drow. Radiant Star slashes into the first drow's throat, causing him to gurgle up blood before falling down dead. The second, drow, Scalebiter stabs into its chest which causes the drow to reel back, but it still stands if barely.

[JadedDM]: Eskar's turn.

[Eskar]: [1d20] => [13] = (13)

[Eskar]: [2d4+3] => [3,2,3] = (8)

[Eskar]: Eskar swings his sword in a wide arc which slices into the gut of the third drow, spilling his entrails.

[JadedDM]: Drows' turn.

[JadedDM]: The drow split up, each going after another warrior.  The first attacks Jasmin, catching her in the arm with his blade.  The second attacks Daufe, giving him just a scratch.  The third goes for Eskar, but misses the dwarf entirely.

[JadedDM]: Daufer's turn.

[Daufer]: [1d20] -> [20] = (20)

[Daufer]: [4d4] -> [3,1,1,1] = (6)

[Jasmin] (whoo!)

[Daufer]: The hobgoblin's eyes gleam with hatred. He roars a mighty warcry as he swings Dukosh's Valor into the drow's torso. The drow gurgles blood as his legs give out from under him. Grasping the sleek handle of Dukosh's Valor for the last moments of his life, the drow dies.

[JadedDM]: Jasmin's turn.

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [12] = (12)

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [11] = (11)

[Jasmin] [1d6+4] => [5,4] = (9)

[Jasmin] [1d6+4] => [2,4] = (6)

[Jasmin] Jasmin swings both of her swords in unison, slicing into the drow before her. The drow looks slightly surprised before it drops dead.

[JadedDM]: The last Drow breaks away from Eskar to escape, but an arrow shot from the second story window strikes him down.

[Jasmin] Jasmin looks up sharply upon seeing the arrow. "Gaheris!"

[JadedDM]: Gaheris pokes his head out of the window.  "Where have you guys been?"

[Daufer]: "We could ask the same of you, friend!"

[JadedDM]: Gaheris looks around.  "Where's Videl?  Isn't he with you?"

[Loreleii]: "Is anyone else there with you?" Loreleii asks.

[Jasmin] "No. I just found these people at the smelter."

[Eskar]: Eskar cleans his blade and sheathes it, turning his attention to Gaheris.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris leaves the window.  A few moments later, he unlatches the door and steps through.  "Videl was with me for awhile.  But the fool ran off.  I haven't seen anyone else."

[Jasmin] "What do you mean he ran off? He ran off where?"

[Loreleii]: Loreleii bites her lip, a worried look upon her brow.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris:  "He headed east, toward the library.  He thought that's where the rest of you must have appeared...since that's where Aidan said we were going in the first place."

[Daufer]: "Let's get out from the street and regroup, before another patrol walks by!"

[JadedDM]: Gaheris relocks the door behind him.  "They better not set fire to my house again while I'm gone," he says to nobody in particular.

[Jasmin] Jasmin laughs faintly at Gaheris. "Let's head towards the library."

[Loreleii]: "Yes, let's do that!" Loreleii says eagerly.

[Jasmin] Jasmin, once again, leads the way.

[Eskar]: Eskar shrugs and follows.

[Daufer]: Daufer shoulders Dukosh's Valor before following after the warrior woman.

[JadedDM]: The group of now five head east toward the library.  Although the structure is still standing, the flickering light inside the windows indicates there is a fire inside.  The doors hang open.  A dead drow soldier lies on the front steps, gutted.

[Jasmin] Jasmin looks down at the dead soldier as she steps into the library.

[Daufer]: Daufer does not pause to inspect the drow body, but moves forward into the library.

[Eskar]: Eskar takes a moment to inspect the body when the others do not.

[Loreleii]: Loreleii follows the priest into her library.

[JadedDM]: Inside, they see that someone has set fire to a couple of bookshelves.  Meschior is busy fighting off three of the Drow, while at the same time, trying desperately to prevent more damage.  One of the soldiers manages to disarm him, knocking his sword away.  He then kicks the cleric, sending him on his backside and into a bookshelf.  Several books fall on top of him.

[Jasmin] Jasmin runs to stand in front of the fallen cleric to fight off the drow.

[JadedDM]: The Drow hear her coming, and all turn their backs on Meschior to face her.

[Jasmin] [1d10] => [9] = (9)

[Loreleii]: "Meschior!" Loreleii frantically draws her wand.

[Eskar]: Eskar, finding nothing interesting, continues after the others.

[Loreleii]: [1d10] -> [2] = (2)

[Daufer]: Daufer joins Jasmin in defending the priest.

[Daufer]: [1d10] -> [4] = (4)

[Eskar]: Eskar draws his blade to fight beside the others.

[Eskar]: [1d10] => [8] = (8)

[JadedDM]: Loreleii's turn.

[Loreleii]: [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2)

[Loreleii]: Pointing the wand at Meschior's attackers, but the bright white missile merely glances off of the drow's armor.

[JadedDM]: Drows' turn.

[JadedDM]: The three Drow engage Eskar, Daufer, and Jasmin.  The only one to do any damage, however, is the first one.  He gives Eskar a small cut across his leg.

[JadedDM]: Jasmin's turn.

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [7] = (7)

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [5] = (5)

[Jasmin] [1d6+4] => [2,4] = (6)

[Jasmin] While ducking an attack from the drow in question, Jasmin shoves her sword upwards into his stomach then pushes him back to finish off the job, but he is able to block her second attack with his own sword despite the fact he looks like he is about to drop.

[JadedDM]: Daufer's turn.

[Daufer]: [1d20] -> [8] = (8)

[Daufer]: Daufer swings at the nearest drow but narrowly misses in the confusion of such close quarters.

[JadedDM]: Eskar's turn.

[Eskar]: [1d20] => [18] = (18)

[Eskar]: [2d4+3] => [3,2,3] = (8)

[Eskar]: Eskar moves under a sloppy blow from his opponent and shoves his blade into the drow's side, dropping him.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris' turn.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris maneuvers around the group, nocks an arrow and fires at the drow fighting Daufer.  He drops it with one blow.

[JadedDM]: Jasmin's turn.

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [1] = (1)

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [7] = (7)

[Jasmin] Jasmin steps in to finish the drow, but he is able to knock her sword out of her hands. In a fit of anger, she slices at him, but he is able to dodge the attack.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris' turn.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris finishes off the last Drow with an arrow to the back.

[Loreleii]: When the last drow is felled, Loreleii rushes over to Meschior.

[Eskar]: Eskar joins Loreleii by the priest's side. "My friend, are you harmed?"

[Jasmin] Jasmin huffs a bit, and picks up her fallen sword. "Someone put out those fires."

[JadedDM]: Meschior groans and sits up.  "The fires!"  He gestures at them, and slowly moves his hand down toward the ground.  As he does, the fires die down completely.

[Daufer]: Daufer stands over Meschior and chants a short prayer. The fire priest's flesh knits back together.

[JadedDM]: Meschior seems fully healed.  He gets to his feet.  "My thanks, Sir Daufer."

[Jasmin] Jasmin moves to Gaheris' side as every crowds around Meschior. "You are all right...right?" she asks.

[Daufer]: Daufer shakes his head. "Think nothing of it. Have you seen any of the others?"

[JadedDM]: Meschior shakes his head.  "I did, however, see the army's commanders.  I would have engaged them, but I am not strong enough alone.  I came to the library, expecting to find the rest of you.  I suppose I wasn't the only one who arrived off-course?"

[Eskar]: Eskar pat's Meschior's arm. "You are seeing where they went?"

[JadedDM]: Meschior:  "The Viscount's mansion.  Or what is left of it."

[Daufer]: "Yes. We are still missing the other wizard. The Tainted Hands and the Nightmaster are also unaccounted for."

[JadedDM]: Gaheris:  "Assuming they aren't dead, they must be around here somewhere.  But, it's a big city."

[Jasmin] "The Temple of Shadowbite . I would think the Nightmaster would probably go there no matter where the spell took him. As for the Tainted Hands...who knows, they could all ready be at the Viscount's Mansion."

[Daufer]: "Then, let's go. The Temple is close by."

[JadedDM]: Meschior gives Loreleii a quick hug.  "Perhaps you should stay here, where it is safe."

[Loreleii]: "But, I can still help. If you're going into danger, I want to be with you!"

[Jasmin] "No where is really safe with that dragon flying around," Jasmin points out.

[JadedDM]: Meschior sighs.  "Very well.  But if we find a safer place..."

[Jasmin] Jasmin rolls her eyes at the two of them as she makes her way out of the library, and leads the way to the Temple of Shadowbite .

[Loreleii]: "Before we go, let me cast a spell to increase your strength."

[Jasmin] Jasmin pauses in her steps.

[Loreleii]: Loreleii begins casting a spell to increase the fire priest's physical strength.

[Loreleii]: Once she finishes she casts the same spell on Daufer.

[Loreleii]: [1d6] -> [5] = (5)

[Loreleii]: [1d6] -> [3] = (3)

[Eskar]: Eskar stands in the doorway, keeping an eye on the streets.

[Jasmin] "Are we ready now?"

[Daufer]: "Aye."

[Eskar]: Eskar nods.

[Jasmin] "Okay, follow me," she says, as she begins her walk to the Temple of Shadowbite .

[JadedDM]: The group of now six approaches the Temple of Shadowbite .  A strange, dark fog seems to have completely hidden the structure itself from view.

[Jasmin] "The Nightmaster is here," Jasmin says. "He did this when we raided the Temple ."

[JadedDM]: "@#$%ing @#$%!  Get the @#$% off of me!" comes a voice from the south, yelling so loudly to be heard over everything else.

[Jasmin] "Videl!" Jasmin calls out, quickly moving towards the south.

[Eskar]: Eskar naturally follows.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris:  "Jasmin!  Aw, damn it."

[Daufer]: Daufer moves after the rest of the party.

[JadedDM]: The party heads toward the source of the yelling and swearing--the rubble that once was the Viscount's mansion.  It seems to have been burned to the ground.  Standing outside in what used to be the courtyard are three drow.  A wyvern stands with them, and appears to be pinning the one-armed Videl to the ground.  He squirms helplessly, trying to reach his sword which has been knocked a few feet away.

[Jasmin] "H-Hey! Let him go!" Jasmin cries out.

[JadedDM]: The three Drow notice her shouting.  They look different than the normal foot soldiers.  The first, a male, has twin short swords strapped to his belt.  He has a menacing look to him, and he crosses his arms and smirks arrogantly.  The second, a female, is wearing studded leather and carries a wicked looking mace.  The third wears black robes of some unidentified material.  A gnarled staff is in her hand.

[Daufer]: "Labree, don't be rash," Daufer whispers.

[Jasmin] Jasmin looks over to Daufer. "They have my brother," she says rather harshly.

[Daufer]: "If you charge them haphazardly by yourself, they'll simply cut you down. All these Drow have so far underestimated us. Let's use that to our advantage."

[JadedDM]: The wyvern hisses at them and raises its tail overhead.  The three Drow simply observe the group, as if curious.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris:  "This isn't good.  Wyverns carry deadly poison in their tails."

[Jasmin] Jasmin takes a step forward out of instinct as the wyvern raises its tail. "You better come up with a plan quick then, Daufer," Jasmin says, looking like she is about ready to charge.

[Airellian]: ((Crap.))

[Eskar]: "Why not be talking to them?" Eskar says lowly.

[Daufer]: "Negotiate the drow? As long as they have the wyvern, they have the high ground and can attack us without mercy. We need some way to distract it."

[Loreleii]: "I have a potion of flying."

[Jasmin] "What about the dragon?"

[Daufer]: "There's that, too. Here's the plan. We'll attack together. But then, when given a signal, we'll retreat, as if we're losing, into the fog of the Temple of Shadowbite . That way, the wyvern is neutralized, and the drow will be off-guard. That's when we'll make our stand."

[Jasmin] Jasmin looks at the green metal sword in her hand left hand. Quickly, she places it in her right hand as if suddenly remembering something, and holds Radiant Star in her left hand.

[Eskar]: "And if they don't follow?"

[Daufer]: "Drow love to hunt," Daufer says grimly.

[Jasmin] "So we are attacking the wyvern?"

[Eskar]: "And are also very smart. It would be obvious ploy. But I have no better plan."

[Daufer]: "Let's go." Daufer hefts his maul.

[Jasmin] Jasmin's tightens her grip on her swords as she follows after Daufer.

[Daufer]: "CHARGE!" Daufer bellows.

[Eskar]: Eskar charges with the others.

[JadedDM]: (State actions and roll initiative.)

[Eskar]: [1d10] => [10] = (10)

[Jasmin] Jasmin charges in to attack.

[Jasmin] [1d10] => [2] = (2)

[Daufer]: Daufer attacks one of the drow.

[Daufer]: [1d10] -> [4] = (4)

[Loreleii]: Loreleii starts moving back towards the Temple , her wand at the ready to cover any retreat.

[Loreleii]: [1d10] -> [10] = (10)

[JadedDM]: Jasmin's turn.

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [17] = (17)

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [15] = (15)

[Jasmin] [1d6+6] => [5,6] = (11)

[Jasmin] [1d6+4] => [4,4] = (8)

[Jasmin] Not exactly clear on the plan, Jasmin attacks the wyvern that is trapping her brother. The green blade slices easily into the scales of the wyvern, causing it to growl lowly. Her other sword manages to get past its scales too, in which it lets out a hiss of pain.

[JadedDM]: Drow Warrior's turn.

[JadedDM]: Not even bothering to draw his blades, the male simply gestures absently at Jasmin, conjuring a globe of darkness around her.

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [20] = (20)

[JadedDM]: Gaheris' turn.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris nocks an arrow and fires at the sorceress as she begins to cast.  It cuts her arm, but disrupts her spell.

[JadedDM]: Meschior's turn.

[JadedDM]: Meschior plunges into the darkness to aid Jasmin, but can't find the massive wyvern to hit it properly.

[JadedDM]: Loreleii's turn.

[Loreleii]: Pointing at the wizard, Loreleii says the word to activate the wand.

[Loreleii]: [1d4+1] -> [2,1] = (3)

[Loreleii]: The bright missile manages a slight cut after piercing through the drow wizardess' wards.

[JadedDM]: Videl's turn.

[JadedDM]: Videl manages to escape the wyvern's claws after Jasmin hits it.  He fumbles around for his fallen blade in the dark.

[JadedDM]: Drow Cleric's turn.

[JadedDM]: Calling upon the aid of her chaotic demon god, she points at Daufer and speaks a phrase in her own tongue.

[Daufer]: [1d20] -> [9] = (9)

[Airellian]: ((Crap.))

[Daufer]: Daufer feels a strange feeling, but continues attacking.

[JadedDM]: Daufer's turn.

[Daufer]: [1d20] -> [1] = (1)

[Airellian]: ((Sigh.))

[Jasmin] (*laughs*)

[Daufer]: Upon swinging his maul at the drow priestess, Daufer catches it upon something and feels his weapon tugged away from him.

[JadedDM]: Eskar's turn.

[JadedDM]: Eskar plunges into the darkness, as well.  He has no more luck than Meschior, however.

[JadedDM]: Wyvern's turn.

[JadedDM]: The wyvern, also hindered by the darkness, still manages to bite at Jasmin severely.  He then stabs his tail blindly, but only strikes the pavement.

[JadedDM]: Jasmin's turn.

[Jasmin] [1d20+3] => [4,3] = (7)

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [14] = (14)

[Jasmin] [1d8+4] => [7,4] = (11)

[Jasmin] Jasmin cries out as she moves out of the darkness, yet she still strikes at the creature. The wyvern is able to block the first attack, but her second attack stabs into the wyvern, causing another hiss of pain from the creature.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris' turn.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris takes aim at the wyvern and fires.  It's a glancing blow.

[JadedDM]: (Okay.  Now state actions and roll initiative.)

[Daufer]: Daufer picks up his maul.

[Daufer]: [1d10] -> [10] = (10)

[Jasmin] Jasmin continues her attack on the wyvern.

[Jasmin] [1d10] => [2] = (2)

[Loreleii]: Loreleii aims her wand again.

[Loreleii]: [1d10] -> [10] = (10)

[Airellian]: ((Geez!))

[JadedDM]: Drow Mage's turn.

[JadedDM]: She casts some kind of enchantment on herself.

[JadedDM]: Jasmin's turn.

[Jasmin] [1d20+3] => [14,3] = (17)

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [13] = (13)

[Jasmin] [1d8+6] => [1,6] = (7)

[Jasmin] [1d8+4] => [5,4] = (9)

[Jasmin] Out of a fit of rage, Jasmin stabs both of her swords into the wyvern with all of her might. Both swords slide in easily, and the wyvern growls deeply. It seems to seem a bit hazing on its feet before it finally falls dead over on its side.

[Airellian]: ((Oh, well, maybe we don't need to retreat after all.  Tee hee.))

[JadedDM]: Eskar's turn.

[JadedDM]: The dwarf emerges from the other side of the darkness to find the wyvern dead.  He instead goes after the sorceress.  However, some invisible shield protects her from his blade.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris' turn.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris fires at the cleric, but he misses her entirely.

[JadedDM]: Drow Warrior's turn.

[JadedDM]: With amazing speed, he suddenly withdraws his blades and charges right at Jasmin.  Before she can even properly react, he gives her two small cuts.

[Jasmin] Jasmin stumbles a bit from the wounds just given to her. She certainly doesn't look very good at this point.

[JadedDM]: Videl's turn.

[JadedDM]: Videl emerges from the darkness, his sword now in hand.  He launches himself at Jasmin's attacker, but the drow easily blocks it with only one hand.

[JadedDM]: Daufer's turn.

[Daufer]: Daufer picks up his maul whilst evading attacks from the drow priestess.

[JadedDM]: Loreleii's turn.

[Loreleii]: [1d4+1] -> [3,1] = (4)

[Loreleii]: Loreleii lets fly another missile of bright light against the drow wizardess, which seems to bypass her defenses.

[JadedDM]: Meschior's turn.

[JadedDM]: Meschior emerges from the darkness, as well.  He heads right for the casting cleric, disrupting her prayer with a slice from his blade.

[JadedDM]: Jasmin's turn.

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [12] = (12)

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [17] = (17)

[Jasmin] [1d6+4] => [4,4] = (8)

[Jasmin] [1d6+4] => [4,4] = (8)

[Jasmin] Despite the pain that Jasmin appears to be in, Jasmin rushes at the drow warrior, her swords slicing into his sides before he can properly block her.

[JadedDM]: Eskar's turn.

[JadedDM]: Seeing the danger she's in, Eskar hurries back to help Jasmin.  He catches the drow in the back with his sword.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris' turn.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris fires an arrow at the drow warrior, which strikes him in the thigh.  Undeterred, the drow simply removes it.

[JadedDM]: Drow Warrior's turn.

[Jasmin] (Oh shit)

[Airellian]: ((TPK! TPK!))

[JadedDM]: Now in a frenzy, the drow continues to beat down on Jasmin.  His strikes are true and the dancer goes down.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris:  "Jasmin!"

[JadedDM]: Videl:  "You're mine, you @#$%#$@%!"

[Airellian]: ((Looks like there's not going to be any retreating...))

[JadedDM]: (State actions and roll initiative for Round 3.)

[Daufer]: Daufer draws a straight piece of iron and chants in hobgoblin.

[Jasmin] Jasmin almost seems stunned. Her eyes widen as the drow's swords slice into her. Her swords fall from her hands and clang on the ground before a small thump is heard when she falls.

[Daufer]: [1d10] -> [8] = (8)

[Loreleii]: Loreleii hurries forward to Jasmin, a potion in her hands.

[Loreleii]: [1d10] -> [10] = (10)

[JadedDM]: Drow Warrior's turn.

[JadedDM]: The warrior now turns his attention to Videl.  However, despite having just one arm, the former soldier is able to deflect both attacks.

[JadedDM]: Eskar's turn.

[JadedDM]: Eskar swings his blade at the Drow warrior, but misses.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris' turn.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris fires another arrow at the warrior, but the drow dodges.

[JadedDM]: Drow Cleric's turn.

[JadedDM]: The cleric finishes praying and then reaches out to touch Daufer.  However, the hobgoblin is able to avoid her touch.

[JadedDM]: Videl's turn.

[JadedDM]: Videl manages to slip his blade through the warrior's defenses and slash at him.  The drow warrior looks weakened now.

[JadedDM]: Daufer's turn.

[Daufer]: Daufer chants in hobgoblin. The priest entreats the Dark Lady turns her gaze towards the mortal plane and strike her foes still.

[JadedDM]: Unfortunately, the dark power of the Drow overcomes Daufer's prayer.  None of the three are affected.

[Airellian]: ((Sorry, Jasmin! Stay there for just a bit longer!))

[JadedDM]: Loreleii's turn.

[Loreleii]: Loreleii pours a potion of extra-healing down Jasmin's throat.

[Loreleii]: [3d8+3] -> [3,6,8,3] = (20)

[Jasmin] Jasmin opens her eyes slowly at first, looking lost and confused. She looks up to Loreleii in question as she hears the sound of battle around her.

[Loreleii]: Loreleii smiles urgently at Jasmin and helps her up to her feet.

[JadedDM]: Drow Mage's turn.

[JadedDM]: Casting a spell, she points at Daufer as a bolt of fire leaps from her fingertips.

[Daufer]: [1d20] -> [12] = (12)

[Daufer]: Daufer manages to dodge at last second, but still gets scorched by the fire.

[Jasmin] Jasmin takes hold of her swords as she is helped up by Loreleii. "Thank you," she whispers.

[JadedDM]: Drow Warrior's turn.

[JadedDM]: He continues his assault on Videl, giving the one-armed soldier several small wounds.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris' turn.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris fires at the warrior, but misses again.

[JadedDM]: Videl's turn.

[JadedDM]: Videl tries to counterattack, but he can barely keep up.

[JadedDM]: Meschior's turn.

[JadedDM]: Meschior swings at the cleric, giving her a small cut on the arm.

[JadedDM]: (Okay.  State actions and roll initiative for Round 4.)

[Jasmin] Jasmin attacks the drow warrior.

[Jasmin] [1d10] => [9] = (9)

[Loreleii]: Loreleii stands back and points her wand at the drow wizard again.

[Loreleii]: [1d10] -> [5] = (5)

[Daufer]: Daufer attacks the drow priestess.

[Daufer]: [1d10] -> [7] = (7)

[Airellian]: ((How about retreating next round?))

[JadedDM]: Eskar's turn.

[Jasmin] (Sounds good to me)

[Airellian]: ((Yeah, we're really taking a beating.))

[JadedDM]: Eskar strikes at the Drow warrior, but is unable to pierce his defenses.

[JadedDM]: Meschior's turn.

[JadedDM]: Meschior continues attacking the cleric to no avail.

[JadedDM]: Videl's turn.

[JadedDM]: Videl, likewise, is having no luck at all.

[JadedDM]: Loreleii's turn.

[Loreleii]: [1d4+1] -> [4,1] = (5)

[Airellian]: ((Please pierce MR.))

[Loreleii]: A bright light issues forth from the wooden wand and pierces the drow wizard's defenses, causing her a small amount of pain.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris' turn.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris pulls back on the string of his bow a little too hard, and the string snaps.  He swears loudly.

[JadedDM]: Jasmin's turn.

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [16] = (16)

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [12] = (12)

[Jasmin] [1d6+4] => [3,4] = (7)

[Jasmin] Jasmin rushes forward now that she is back up, and slams her sword into the drow warrior's side. "Try to kill me," she mutters. The drow's eyes widen in surprise before he drops dead to the ground.

[JadedDM]: Drow Cleric's turn.

[JadedDM]: She gestures toward the group that was fighting the male warrior.  Suddenly, both Videl and Meschior freeze in place.

[JadedDM]: Daufer's turn.

[Daufer]: [1d20] -> [3] = (3)

[Daufer]: Daufer swings at the drow priestess, but misses by a wide margin.

[JadedDM]: Eskar's turn.

[Daufer]: "The Dark Lady cannot pierce her gaze into this place," Daufer mutters.

[JadedDM]: Eskar fights with the cleric now, getting in a decent slash.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris' turn.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris attempts to restring his bow.

[JadedDM]: Jasmin's turn.

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [11] = (11)

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [7] = (7)

[Jasmin] [1d6+4] => [6,4] = (10)

[Jasmin] [1d6+4] => [5,4] = (9)

[Jasmin] Now that the drow warrior is out of the way, Jasmin turns her attention to the cleric. With two swings, she brings the cleric to her knees. She sits there bleeding before dropping face forward on the ground.

[JadedDM]: All that remains is the sorceress.  She frantically starts casting.

[JadedDM]: (State actions and roll initiative for Round 5.)

[Daufer]: "Surrender, drow!"

[Jasmin] "Screw surrendering. She's dying," Jasmin says as she moves in to attack.

[Jasmin] [1d10] => [3] = (3)

[Daufer]: "The slaughter of the faithless is what will bring about our destruction!"

[Jasmin] "She's all ready casting!"

[Daufer]: Daufer relents and attacks.

[Daufer]: [1d10] -> [2] = (2)

[Loreleii]: Loreleii stays out of the way, wishing to use her wand sparingly.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris' turn.

[JadedDM]: Gaheris fires an arrow at the casting sorceress, but his aim is too high.

[JadedDM]: Jasmin's turn.

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [20] = (20)

[Jasmin] [1d20] => [16] = (16)

[Jasmin] [2d6+4] => [6,1,4] = (11)

[Airellian]: ((Whoo!))

[Jasmin] [1d6] => [6] = (6)

[Jasmin] Without hesitating, Jasmin simply lobs her head off with her sword before she can cast any type of spell.

[Daufer]: Daufer taps at the bodies inspecting them for any drow weapons that might be useful.

[JadedDM]: Meschior and Videl can suddenly move again.

[Jasmin] Jasmin takes a deep breath before moving to her brother's side. "You okay?" she asks.

[JadedDM]: Videl:  "I've been better, but I've been worse."

[JadedDM]: Gaheris:  "And you, Jasmin?  You had me worried there."

[Daufer]: Daufer passes the weapons he's been expecting to Loreleii. "What do you think? The aura is so powerful, even I can sense it without the Dark Lady's help."

[Loreleii]: The librarian shivers. "Yes, I can feel it. The aura is dark and full of despair."

[Jasmin] Jasmin places a hand on Videl's shoulder. "I'm okay for now, but I don't know how much longer I can last if we keep running into things like those drow."

[Daufer]: "Better to keep these weapons out of Drow hands than have them used against us," Daufer says. He begins gathering them up.

[JadedDM]: "Hail!" comes a voice from the north.  Someone is approaching in the darkness.  In the light of the city's flames, only his silhouette is visible.

[Jasmin] Jasmin turns her attention towards the north. "Who is there?"

[JadedDM]: Liam:  "Jasmin?"

[Daufer]: Daufer turns to the sound of the voice, his maul in his hands.

[Jasmin] "Liam?"

[JadedDM]: The archer approaches.  "There you all are.  I...wow, that's one dead wyvern."

[Daufer]: "Are the others with you? We should get out from the open."

[Jasmin] "Your mother's sword was helpful," Jasmin says.

[JadedDM]: Liam's eyes flicker to Scalebiter and he nods.  He looks to Daufer.  "Father, Cardel, Lord Zikar and that green woman.  We've all held up in the Temple of Shadowbite .  They sent me to scout around for the rest of you."

[Daufer]: "Then, let's go," Daufer says, shouldering his maul. "Help me carry these." Daufer points at the Drow weapons on the ground.

[Jasmin] Jasmin puts away her swords, and moves to help Daufer with the Drow weapons before she makes her way to the Temple .

[Airellian]: ((Looks like we didn't need the plan after all, haha.))

[JadedDM]: Altogether, everyone makes their way to the Temple of Shadowbite without incident.  Liam leads them into the fog.  "Don't worry about the zombies.  Lord Zikar gave them orders only to attack the Drow," he says, stepping into the wall of fog.  As they walk through it, they see several zombies--including a few new Drow recruits--but the undead creatures ignore them completely.

[Loreleii]: Loreleii involuntarily shivers upon seeing the dead things.

[JadedDM]: Once inside, they find the Kricket, Cardel, Zikar and Lilah.  The four seem to be in some kind of serious discussion when the others enter.

[Jasmin] "Hope we didn't miss anything," Jasmin says cheerfully.

[JadedDM]: Kricket:  "Ah, Jasmin, my dear.  Glad to see you all in one piece.  Any word?"

[Jasmin] "Well, I think we just finished killing three drow leaders and a wyvern. That dragon is still around somewhere though, I think."

[JadedDM]: Zikar:  "Excellent.  But yes, as you said, the dragon is still out there.  If we can get rid of it, surely the remaining forces will retreat with no leadership."

[Daufer]: "Not to mention the Bloody Maw. Who knows what they're up to?"

[JadedDM]: Kricket:  "I agree, but I think the Drow are the priority now."

[Jasmin] "The drow use Shadow Dragons right? What do we know about Shadow Dragons?"

[Daufer]: "Even if we drive them off, they will simply muster up another army. We need to make peace with them somehow."

[JadedDM]: Liam:  "It will take them time to regroup, though.  Hopefully enough time for us to find the Maw and finish them off.  If Voxis is destroyed by the Drow, at least the world itself will be safe from the Maw."

[Daufer]: Daufer thinks over these words for a moment. "Very well."

[JadedDM]: Gaheris looks to Kricket.  "Well, you guys killed that one dragon in the desert, right.  Any tips?"

[JadedDM]: Kricket and Liam exchange looks.  "Ah...well...that story may have been slightly exaggerated."

[Jasmin] Jasmin crosses her arms with a sigh. "Figures."

[JadedDM]: Lilah stands up.  "I know a bit about them."

[Daufer]: "Tell us what you know, then," Daufer says.

[JadedDM]: Lilah:  "Its breath is by far its most dangerous weapon.  It can suck the energy out of you, leaving you so exhausted you can't even stand up.  You'll have to try and avoid that."

[Jasmin] "Does it have any weak spots? I know that Scalebiter will help, but I have to be able to hit it first."

[JadedDM]: Lilah:  "I'm afraid not.  It is, after all, a dragon.  Most of its magic is probably aimed at helping it evade attacks.  Actually hurting it will be your greatest challenge.  Its hide is so thick and tough that it repels most weapons and spells."

[Loreleii]: Loreleii looks at her wand. "I don't know if I can be of any more help. I'm so tired…"

[Jasmin] Jasmin looks to Loreleii. "Didn't you say you had a potion of flying?"

[JadedDM]: Meschior:  "Nevermind piercing its hide.  How are we going to get it to come down here?"

[Loreleii]: "Yes," Loreleii takes the potion from her pack. "Take it."

[JadedDM]: Gaheris:  "I have one, as well, actually."

[JadedDM]: Kricket:  "So do I.  Useless little trinkets.  Or so I thought."

[Loreleii]: "I also have a scroll of flying and invisibility. But the words are difficult and I do not know if I will be able to cast them correctly."

[Jasmin] Jasmin takes the potion from Loreleii. "Well, with these potions, we could try to disable its wings while it is in the air."

[Loreleii]: "Take these potions of healing as well," Loreleii says.

[JadedDM]: Zikar:  "If the archers and casters were to climb to the roof of this building, the largest in the city now that the Viscount's manor is no more, we could possibly reach it from there.  Then we can send the others up into the air after the dragon."

[Loreleii]: Loreleii hands the warrior woman two potions of healing.

[Jasmin] Jasmin also takes the healing potions from Loreleii.

[Daufer]: "I can infuse each of the warriors with a jat'lyn to help them in their battle against the dragon."

[JadedDM]: Gaheris:  "So Jasmin, Daufer, Eskar and Cardel can be sent up after the dragon.  The rest of us can attack from the roof."

[Jasmin] "I think you can wait on that...jat'lyn thing until after the dragon is on the ground."

[Daufer]: "Is it wise to send him?" Daufer looks at Cardel, the automaton.

[JadedDM]: Kricket:  "He'll do what he's told, and from what we saw, he fights just as well without his mind."

[Daufer]: Daufer shrugs. "He is your son, and you know best."

[JadedDM]: Gaheris:  "Then let's get ready."

[Jasmin] Jasmin uncorks one of the healing potions that was given to her and drinks it.

[Jasmin] [2d4+2] => [3,2,2] = (7)

[JadedDM]: (We'll go ahead and end things here.)


Back to Renosia III