Session 25:
Miracle

 

[JadedDM]: It is Amethyte 3rd, Frostday, at around 16 bells.  Psyche is at the inn, presumably in her room.  The rest of the group has just returned there after seeing Duncan the Wise on this calm and dry 'winter' day.

[Christophe]: Christophe peers around the room, heading over towards the bar.

[Psyche]: Psyche paces within her room absently, fiddling with the necklace around her neck.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel glances around the tap room, and then heads upstairs.  Draven follows Christophe to the bar.  The barkeeper is behind the bar, polishing an empty mug, like any self-respecting bartender would.  A handful of slaves sit at one of the tables eating quietly, apparently having finished their work shift.

[Christophe]: Christophe nods at the barkeeper. "Excuse me sir... your kitchen still going right now?"

[Psyche]: "I can't come up with a plan." Psyche mutters to herself, stressing over the fact that while they know where her sister is, she can't figure out how to go about doing things.

[JadedDM]: Bartender:  "For another couple of hours, aye.  You need something?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel knocks on the door to her and Psyche's room, for politeness' sake.

[Psyche]: "Come in."

[Christophe]: "Yeah... bring us a couple of stews... and some mead for me, ale for the lady."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel enters the room.  "Are you all right?" she asks, closing the door behind her gently.

[JadedDM]: Bartender:  "Coming right up."  He heads into the kitchen.

[Psyche]: "Yes.....no…" She shakes her head. "I'm not sure." She continues to pace.  "I've been trying to think of a plan for the past few hours and nothing is coming to me."

[Christophe]: Christophe sighs and uses his balled fists to prop his head up on the bar. "You do want ale don't you? Only I noticed you seem to like it better..."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel sits down on her own bed, which is parallel to Psyche's, but on the other side of the small room.  "Nothing comes to mind?"

[JadedDM]: Draven looks around the room, as if distracted.  She puts her hands on her hips.  "Ale's fine.  It's what I'm used to."

[Psyche]: "Other than simply asking for an audience, no."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "What is your hope?"

[Christophe]: Christophe pulls up one of the stools and sits, pretending to look at the decor. "What's bothering you now?"

[Psyche]: "My hope?" She stops pacing, glancing to the priestess looking a bit confused.

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Nothing...I'm just wondering what we're going to do now."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "The...uh....'best case scenario'?" she asks, smiling slightly.

[Christophe]: "I haven't the faintest. I'm sure the brain trust are discussing something brilliant right now though..." He motions with his head upstairs. "I just hope they have a backup plan..."

[Psyche]: "The best case scenario is that I managed convert my sister to our cause and that she raises her daughter to be a good person. As for her...husband, I'm not sure. He is the element I wasn't really expecting. I can't hope to convert two people can I?" she asks. "And I know I won't be able to convert anyone in just one day either, but if I can make Ceara see what she did...maybe that is a start."

[JadedDM]: Draven grunts and then takes a seat on the stool next to Christophe.  "Probably they plan to attack our opponents with peace and love."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "My experience has shown that bringing someone into the light is much harder than dragging them into darkness.  You're right to say it will not be easy, or quick.  But if you truly love your sister, I am sure you will succeed."

[Christophe]: "Yeah, well, I have some faith, don't get me wrong... but there's no way she's just going to barge in on her sister and suddenly convert her to the 'light'. Especially if she married a real piece of scum like Edgar..." He spits on the floor. "And by the sound of things, her sister isn't much of a peach either. You know what the cruk she did to Psyche that was so bad?"

[Psyche]: "It still doesn't help getting us in the house though," she mutters. "I have ideas on how to talk to my sister...even how to fight her. That is the easy part. "

[JadedDM]: Draven shakes her head.  "No...well...wait...I remember on our first mission together, we saw her house outside of Dan'gen.  It was in ruins.  So maybe something to do with that."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "You are the only one who knows her, so you'll have to trust your instinct on this one."  She looks to the pendant around her neck.  "That necklace has something to do with her, right?"

[Christophe]: "I never really got around to asking her myself. It's none of my business unless she's willing to bring it up, either."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "It couldn't have been all that bad, if she thinks she can change her so easily."

[JadedDM]: The bartender returns then, with a slave behind him carrying the meals and drinks.  The slave carefully sets the food before Christophe and Draven.

[Psyche]: Psyche looks down to the necklace absently. "It was a ring. One half went to me, the other half she kept. I don't know where she got it, but she gave it to me when we were little, and I barely remember it now, but it represented friendship and sisterhood. She said she would always look out for me."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel stands up.  "May I see it?"

[Psyche]: Psyche lifts the necklace up over her head to remove it before gently handing it over to Kestrel.

[Christophe]: Christophe pays for the food and drink with a gold piece. "Here's a tip for your speedy service."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel walks over and accepts the necklace and then looks it over.  "Hmm...it looks rather ordinary, doesn't it?  Silver, I think."

[JadedDM]: The slave reaches for the piece, but the bartender takes it instead, and then dismisses the slave back to the kitchen.  The bartender then returns to his work behind the bar.

[Psyche]: "Yeah, but to the both of us, especially being so young, it was something grand. We didn't have jewelry and things, so it was something special to us."

[Christophe]: Christophe inwardly growls and turns to his food. He mutters under his breath. "Greedy slave-owners... pah."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel reaches under her shirt with her free hand and pulls out her holy symbol.  "I know all too well the value of symbolism."

[JadedDM]: Draven shrugs and whispers, "It's not like he could keep it anyway.  He's a slave."  She then takes several bites of her stew.

[Psyche]: Psyche looks over the holy symbol, nodding silently at her words.

[Christophe]: Christophe takes a swig of brew. "I heard a rumour there's been a few who bought their own freedom. Wonder how that could have happened... if it’s true."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel places the two symbols together and says softly, "Azedeth, Lord of Life and Eternal Light...please grant us the wisdom and insight we need to free Psyche's sister from darkness."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Huh.  We got a few strays back at the base...and a few members who are runaways."

[Psyche]: Psyche watches Kestrel curiously. "W-what are you doing?" she asks softly as she watches the two symbols touch.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel blinks, then smiles at her weakly and hands the necklace back.  "Just asking for some help."

[Psyche]: Psyche takes the necklace back, slipping it back over her head so it rests around her neck gently. "I doubt it is possible to get a hold of her little girl."

[Christophe]: "Eh. The story is probably a load of cruk anyway." He eats some food. "So...."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "The daughter of a marquis?  She's probably well guarded."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Yeah, probably..."

[Psyche]: "Probably, but if I could find a way towards her, she could give this necklace to Ceara and perhaps give her a message. That...that would be a way to get to her."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Do you think that would do anything?  I mean...other than tip her off we are here?"

[Christophe]: "I... I am sorry you know." He stops eating to look at Draven. "That you had to find out this way..."

[Psyche]: "I'm sure it would make her curious on how to the rebels managed to get their hands on this necklace. She might come to check it out...and if we can do it within the house, that makes it even better."

[JadedDM]: Draven pauses in mid-bite, then finishes, chews, and swallows slowly before speaking.  "Seems Psyche all ready knew."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Why better in the house?"

[Psyche]: "While we are having our...audience with Edgar, and if the little girl was around, I could slip her the necklace and tell her to go give it to her mother. Her mother would probably come within the audience room...and husband and wife would be together. I think we are going to need them together."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Together?  What do you intend to do after that?"

[Christophe]: Christophe noticeably gulps. "Yeah..." he draws the word out, guilty. "Well, she outright asked about my past. You... haven't done so much. Anyway, I was hoping to use her as a test subject of sorts. To see how someone would react to this... news."

[Psyche]: "After that, I'm not really sure."

[JadedDM]: Draven shrugs.  "I guess she's just nosier than me."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "When did you last see her?"

[Psyche]: "Seven years ago."

[Christophe]: "It doesn't bother me one way or the other... I've asked you about your past a couple of times, and you don't seem to want to talk about it. That's fine... We're here now, right? And this is what counts."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "So she's probably changed some since then."

[JadedDM]: Draven shrugs.  "Not like we're married or anything, and have to know each other's deepest secrets."

[Psyche]: "There is a good chance." She sighs, finally sitting down on her own bed. "My best bet is to just tell the guards that I'm Ceara's sister and that I request to see her. I shouldn't make things so difficult."

[Christophe]: Christophe conceals a laugh. "Ha... blunt. That's what I love about you."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel nods.  "I'm afraid I can't advise you much in this instance.  I have no siblings I know of...and none of us know her like you do.  But whatever you decide, we'll support you."

[JadedDM]: Draven's lips curves slightly at the ends, but she hides it by stuffing her mouth with more stew.

[Psyche]: "Are the others downstairs?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel nods.  "I believe so."

[Psyche]: "And...are they okay?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "As far as I know."

[Psyche]: "Then I guess I should get their input." She stands, walking over to the door. "I...pray Azedeth will give me some clue as to what I'm supposed to do."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Have faith, and believe in your heart, and I'm sure He'll help if you are true to Him."

[Psyche]: Psyche nods before walking out of the room to head downstairs to speak with Draven and Christophe.

[Christophe]: Christophe sits at the bar, finishing his bowl off.

[JadedDM]: Draven finishes her stew and ale, as well.  Kestrel follows Psyche downstairs.

[Psyche]: Psyche makes her way over to the bar, clearing her throat a bit. "Um, I'm going to need some input from the two of you."

[Christophe]: Christophe stops and stares, turns to Draven for a moment, then turns back to Psyche. "You want our input?"

[Psyche]: Psyche nods. "Want and need. This is going to have to be a group effort and I need everyone's ideas." She sighs. "You are right, I am too emotionally involved in this and it is clouding up my judgment a bit, I think."

[Christophe]: Christophe breathes in deeply and sits up straight. "Well... how can we help? I can really only help you with strategy here... I'm trying to keep my own demons away on this one myself."

[Psyche]: "We need a way to get in." she glances around for a moment before turning her attention back to Christophe. "I think we need a way to get them together unless you wish to face Edgar by yourself."

[JadedDM]: Draven wipes her mouth, and then spins on the barstool to face the others.  "Kill two birds with one stone then?"

[Psyche]: "I'm not killing my sister. I refuse to do so."

[Christophe]: Christophe shakes his head at Psyche slowly. "No... Edgar is not part of the mission. It would be... unprofessional of me to wander away from the rest of you to face him on my own. Especially if you need me for something."

[Psyche]: "We will end up facing him though, Christophe," she says. She thinks they will at least. "I need to know what your plans are when it comes to him."

[Christophe]: Christophe sighs. "If... if you really wanted to have your sister alone, without her husband's twisted influence... I could try and draw him out and away from her. I feel like you would have a better chance if you and Kestrel were alone with her, rather than Edgar whispering in her ear..."

[Psyche]: "Ceara has always been one to make up her own mind on things. I don't think it will matter much if Edgar is there or not. Ceara has always done what she has wanted."

[Christophe]: "I can keep my mouth shut around him if you really want then... I doubt he would even remember my face after all these years and all these added scars."

[Psyche]: "I want you to face him if you want, Christophe. Do what you feel you need to do." She runs her fingers through her hair. "So I guess the best way to get in is to just ask for an audience?"  Psyche takes their silence as an answer to her question. "Okay, so after we get the information we asked from Duncan , we can do this."

[Christophe]: "I feel as if I need to complete our mission, Psyche..." his words sound frustrated. "I need not remind you about how Lu slipped through our grasp because we didn't act as a team. And if you genuinely meant to make me the co-leader of our little band I refuse to tolerate anything less than complete teamwork here. I want everyone on the same page before we go in..."

[Psyche]: Psyche nods. "That is what I'm trying to get at. Are we all on the same page?"

[Christophe]: "If politely going in through the front door is the plan... then yes... I am."

[Psyche]: "Okay then. So that is what we will do, but just because we are politely going in through the front door does not mean that we shouldn't be prepared. I honestly do want to do this as...peacefully as possible. I want Ceara to know that I'm not there to kill her."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "What do you suggest?"

[Christophe]: "What if she tries to kill you?"

[Psyche]: "She has tried it before. Last time I ran...this time, I will defend myself." She glances at Kestrel. "Well, as for what I suggest...really I don't have anything to suggest other than don't go charging her when she shows herself."

[Christophe]: "So... the two of you are going to do the talking? And...we're sure talk alone is going to neutralize her as an Agent?"

[Psyche]: "I'm not sure. I'm not sure on anything at the moment, but I have to try. "

[Christophe]: "Is there a backup plan if it doesn't work then?"

[Psyche]: "If I fail...." she shakes her head, looking down for a moment. "Then do what you have to do."

[Christophe]: Christophe frowns as he looks at Psyche, then looks to the rest of the group. "Alright... I suggest this as a backup plan then. If it comes to violence, we try to render Ceara unconscious, not kill her. We'll detain her somehow... tie her up and take her back with us. Psyche and Kestrel can work on turning her to the light every day then if need be.... we already operate above the law, so who says we can't take a political prisoner or two along the way?"

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "And if Edgar gets involved?”

[Christophe]: Christophe looks at the ground. "If it comes to violence... then he's no good to us alive..."

[Psyche]: "There is still my niece, too. I'm not leaving a child alone without her mother, so if this comes to violence, as I'm sure it probably will and we take Ceara with us...then the child is coming too. It would be best for me to stay behind with my sister, that way I can take care of her daughter too."

[Christophe]: "Fine. But your first plan is going to work, we're just talking about this for the cruk of it, alright?"

[Psyche]: ".....All right." she blinks at the older man, tilting her head. "Um, you two don't think that I think I'm going to convert her in one day do you? I know it is going to take more than one day."

[Christophe]: "I don't pretend to understand all of your talk of religion."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "We should talk about that someday."

[Psyche]: Psyche looks down for a moment, as if thinking. "Thank you...all of you by the way. Some of you probably do not understand my reasoning behind any of this."

[Christophe]: Christophe shrugs. "Eh... if you haven't got your friends, what have you got?"

[Psyche]: "You have a point. Anyway, do you still have that cloak, Christophe? I want to go ahead and cast that spell on it before tomorrow."

[Christophe]: "Uhm... well, yes... it's in my pack... What exactly are you going to do to it?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Psyche has the ability to learn the properties of a magical item with the use of a certain spell."

[Christophe]: Christophe looks a little less puzzled than before. "Hmmm... alright. When we head upstairs for the night, I'll give it to you."

[Psyche]: "Actually, I'm going to need it now. It...It is a long process."

[Christophe]: Christophe raises an eyebrow, but eases off his barstool. "I shall return." He trudges upstairs.

[Psyche]: "Thank you." She watches as he leaves before turning her attention to Draven. "You aren't....mad at me are you for knowing about Christophe's family. He wanted to tell you himself and I promised I wouldn't say anything."

[JadedDM]: Draven shrugs.  "It's not your fault if he told you."

[Psyche]: "I know, I just wanted to make sure. It kind of had me worried that you were."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "So I take it we're doing this thing tomorrow?"

[Psyche]: Psyche nods. "After I get the information I asked for from Duncan ."

[Christophe]: Christophe returns then with the grey cloak in his hands. "Here it is."

[Psyche]: "Thanks, Christophe." She reaches out and gently takes the cloak from him. "Um, I'll see all of you tomorrow then. Enjoy the rest of your evening if you can."

[Christophe]: Christophe reaches over and downs the rest of his now-room temperature mead. "I suppose I'll head upstairs too..."

[Psyche]: Psyche looks over everyone for a moment before heading up stairs to prepare the cloak for the spell and such.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "We have a big day ahead of us," she agrees.  She heads upstairs, as well.  Draven crosses her arms and looks to Christophe.

[Christophe]: Christophe meekly looks back at Draven. "Well... ? Still want me in the same room?"

[JadedDM]: Draven snorts.  "Why should I have to suffer alone just because of something you said?"

[Christophe]: Christophe smiles. "You're a real catch. Come on..." He starts up the stairs again.

[JadedDM]: The following day, Amethyte 4th, Darkday.  The party awakens in their respective rooms.  The sun shines through the window, another hot and bright day.

[Psyche]: Psyche wakes up with a yawn and runs her fingers through her hair in hopes of making it somewhat presentable.

[Christophe]: Christophe attempts to untangle himself from the sheets, shielding his eyes from the sun. "Have you ever seen snow, Draven?"

[JadedDM]: Draven sits up and stretches, not at all hiding her shame.  "Snow?"  She yawns.  "No, never."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel is all ready up when Psyche awakens, and seems to be finishing off her morning prayers.

[Christophe]: "Just wondering... my brother told me he saw it snow once when he was a little boy. Hard to imagine this country getting that cold..." He pulls his tunic on.

[Psyche]: Psyche glances over to Kestrel as she pushes herself up and takes a deep breath. "Did he answer them?"

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "I heard it snows all the time up in the north.  Doesn't sound very pleasant."  She gets up and begins dressing herself.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel opens her eyes and looks to Psyche, a bit confused.  "I...think so."

[Psyche]: "Think so?" She tilts her head.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "I am certain Azedeth has taken an interest in what we are doing here."

[Christophe]: Christophe looks around the room for a moment before spotting what he was searching for. "How did my left boot end up in the corner over here?"

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "I think this is yours, too," she says, finding his right boot near her helmet.

[Christophe]: Christophe clears his throat and takes it from her. "Uhh... thanks."

[Psyche]: Psyche looks up to the ceiling for a moment. "He has apparently taken an interest in me too since I get to face Ceara today."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Just remember to trust in Azedeth.  I don't know what's going to happen, but we must keep faith."

[JadedDM]: Draven finishes dressing and equipping her gear.  She picks up her precious Soul Biter and hefts it over her shoulder.

[Psyche]: "I'm trying, Kestrel. I'm trying." she makes her way to the door. "Let’s go downstairs. I need to tell the others of the cloak and the pipe."

[Christophe]: Christophe also finishes dressing and prepares to leave. He puts an arm around Draven's waist and pulls her close. "Alright... so say there's a fire, and you can only save one of us... me or the axe... what would you take?"

[JadedDM]: Draven smirks.  "Are your legs broken, so you can't escape yourself?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel nods and follows Psyche down to the tap room.  The place is empty at this hour.

[Christophe]: Christophe kisses her. "I knew you'd avoid the direct answer. Come on." He opens the door and heads downstairs.

[Psyche]: Psyche looks around before sitting down at a table, fidgeting a bit once she sits. She looks a bit nervous, even more so than the past few days.  She has also brought the cloak and pipe down with her.

[JadedDM]: Draven and Christophe descend shortly after Psyche and Kestrel, finding them sitting at a table near the dormant fireplace.

[Psyche]: "Morning," she calls out to the two of them once they show up.

[Christophe]: "Morning." Christophe manages to walk normally this morning.

[Psyche]: "I have some...useful information on this cloak and even the pipe."

[JadedDM]: Draven takes a seat and brushes her hair off her shoulder before turning her attention to Psyche.

[Christophe]: Christophe sits down at the table. "Uhm... so is it good or bad information?"

[Psyche]: Psyche motions to the cloak. "It's good. The reason why Shaka did not die in the battle is because this cloak pretty much saved her life. When one is knocked out and is bleeding heavily, this cloak makes the blood clot which makes the bleeding stop. It also becomes brighter or duller depending on your heart beat, so if you are really active and your heart is beating really fast, then it turns brighter. As for the pipe..," she motions to the pipe. "It, uh, only conjures a smoke dog and it only obeys commands by the person who conjured it. It is apparently a great tracker, makes a great watch dog, as it doesn't need to eat or sleep and it could really be used for anything, such as spying or whatever."

[Christophe]: Christophe rubs his chin. "Ohhh... so that's what that...thing was... They both sound like useful items."

[Psyche]: Psyche holds the cloak out to Christophe. "Since you are the one that actually beat Shaka, you can decide what you want to do with it."

[Christophe]: He takes the cloak. "I...may need it today...although I hope I don't. After that... I'll offer to anyone who feels they could make better use of it."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "So what now?"

[Christophe]: Christophe replaces his blood-stained cloak with the new one.

[Psyche]: "We go to Duncan 's first." She stands, placing the pipe in her pack. "After that...we visit my sister."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel nods and stands.  Draven does so as well, grabbing her axe.

[Christophe]: Christophe boggles as he stands up, noticing the cloak has become a few shades darker since he put it on. "And... you said that was normal, right?"

[Psyche]: Psyche looked over the cloak for a moment then nodded. "It depends on your heart beat, so yes, it is normal." she shrugs slightly before turning to walk out the door and make her way to Duncan 's. "You'll be okay, Christophe. Trust me."

[Christophe]: Christophe stares at the cloak on his backside like a dog trying to look at his tail as he walks out the door.

[JadedDM]: The four leave the tavern.  It is still early morning, around 9 bells, so most of the small village is still asleep or out fishing.  They head to Duncan 's tower encountering very few people along the way.

[Psyche]: Psyche is quiet as she moves along, taking note of the small amount of people, guessing the town tends to sleep in late.

[JadedDM]: They approach the small tower.  A large steel door stands before then, with a single knocker on it.  There is also some kind of arcanic rune carved onto the door, as well.

[Psyche]: Psyche, as before, takes hold of the knocker so that she can knock on the door.

[JadedDM]: As soon as she does, suddenly the door grows a pair of lips.  The lips part to speak.  "Have ye come to seek out the knowledge of Duncan the Wise?"

[Psyche]: "We have."

[JadedDM]: You hear a loud click on the other side of the door.  "Then enter."

[Psyche]: Psyche opens the door and steps inside.

[Christophe]: Christophe follows, a little less cautiously than he did the first time.

[JadedDM]: Again entering into the same room as before, they see Duncan sitting at his desk, writing something on a scroll of parchment with his quill.  He looks up slightly to them, then returns to his work.  "I thought you would be here early.  Have a seat, if you like."

[Psyche]: Psyche raises an eyebrow before sitting down.

[Christophe]: Christophe folds his arms, preferring to stand. His gaze falls on the bizarre fireplace again.

[JadedDM]: Duncan seems to dot a period, then puts the quill back in its ink well.  "So, I assume you are here for your answers?"

[Psyche]: "It is safe to assume that, yes."

[JadedDM]: Duncan looks to Christophe.  "Armel Augustine..," he trails off, perhaps for suspense.

[Psyche]: Psyche crosses her arms, looking over to Christophe.

[JadedDM]: Duncan :  "...is alive and retired in the city of Dan'gen ."

[Christophe]: Christophe exhales heavily. "And...?"

[JadedDM]: Duncan leans forward and puts his elbows on his desk.  "And, in regards to your other question--the previous Overlord was slain in ritual Heghtay by the current Overlord."

[Psyche]: Psyche blinks at this information.

[Christophe]: "Interesting...." Christophe ponders for a moment. "How exactly did the former Overlord disgrace himself then? Besides the obvious atrocities a Tyrant usually commits, of course."

[JadedDM]: Duncan leans back a bit, getting into a more comfortable position.  "The previous Overlord had grown weak and corrupted--it was learned that he had been stealing money from the church of D'lokka , was sponsoring the thieves' guild in Dan'gen, and a number of other such crimes.  When the current Overlord learned of this, he challenged the old Overlord and won."

[Christophe]: Christophe lets out a dry, humourless chuckle. "Yes... stealing money from churches. I don't find that hard to believe." He crosses the room and finally takes a seat.

[Psyche]: "That would be a great insult to the hobgoblins."

[JadedDM]: Duncan nods, then looks to Psyche.  "And for your question..."

[Psyche]: Psyche turns her attention on Duncan . "Yes?" she asks, her voice kind of shaky.

[JadedDM]: Duncan says rather casually, "...they were drugged by your sister, and fell asleep.  She then set the house on fire, with them in it.  They died painlessly."

[Christophe]: Christophe looks at Duncan with wide eyes.

[Psyche]: Psyche chews her on bottom lip looking down to the ground as if thinking back on the past. ".....Thank you," she mutters.

[JadedDM]: Duncan :  "However..."

[Psyche]: Psyche looks up. "However?"

[JadedDM]: Duncan adjusts his specs and looks directly at Psyche, hesitating.  "There is more to the story than you know.  Things are not as clear cut as they seem."

[Psyche]: Psyche's eyes widen. "What...what more is there?" she asks, pleadingly.

[JadedDM]: Duncan :  "I am afraid you are not yet ready to know that.  But...with time, you will come to understand."

[Psyche]: "What do you mean I'm not ready to know?" she glances to the others for a moment before turning her attention back to Duncan . "I have a right to know what happened!"

[JadedDM]: Duncan :  "Knowledge is power, and power can harm its wielder if they are not prepared.  The answers will come to you in time, but I cannot provide them to you now."

[Christophe]: Christophe shakes his head back and forth rapidly. "What?! What kind of scam business are you running here?"

[Psyche]: "I've waited seven years to know what happened to my family! Now that I've finally found someone that knows something, they can't tell me because I'm not ready! How much longer do I have to wait until I know the truth?!" She is practically screaming at this point as she is just a bit upset, especially when it comes to this type of information.

[JadedDM]: Duncan :  "I do believe," he says, readjusting his specs, "that is up to you."  He shakes his head.  "I should not have said anything.  The way you react is only further proof you are not ready."

[Psyche]: "I...I don't understand." She stands up.

[JadedDM]: Duncan :  "You will, in time, I am sure.  There are forces at work here greater than you or I."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel gasps slightly at this statement, but says nothing.

[Psyche]: Psyche crosses her arms again, not sure if she should be angry at Duncan or at Azedeth. "...We...we need to go."

[Christophe]: Christophe stands again. "Agreed." He heads for the exit.

[Psyche]: Psyche bows her head to Duncan, perhaps out of respect and makes her way to the exit, trying to calm herself as everything that she just learn starts to sink in.

[JadedDM]: Draven and Kestrel wordlessly follow them out, one in deep thought and the other apathetically.

[Psyche]: Psyche pauses in her steps once she is outside the tower. "Why is this being done to me? Why can't I know what really happened?" she mutters, looking up to the sky.

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "I think that guy was just making it up...probably trying to get you to pay more."

[Christophe]: "Pah... that guy is a crook. You paid good money to know everything and he wouldn't tell you."

[Psyche]: "If he wanted more money, he would have offered that option, but he didn't even do that."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "He said...'greater forces' were at work."

[Christophe]: "I think he knows.... but was probably waiting for you to offer him a bribe of some kind. He can't say things like that outright because Teal would know he's a charlatan then..."

[Psyche]: "He did...so why doesn't that...’great force’ not want me to know?" She glances at Christophe. "To be honest, I don't think he cares. He is a powerful man who can take care of himself."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel crosses her arms.  "That's the thing about great forces...like the gods, I mean.  They work on a level we cannot begin to comprehend.  We just have to have faith."

[Christophe]: "But what kind of 'great forces'? That's so vague... it could be anything." Christophe makes a clueless gesture with his hands.

[Psyche]: "Well, in the process of having faith, it is total and complete agony not knowing what happened." She moves forward.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Maybe he was talking about Azedeth.  I think he was, at any rate."  She walks with Psyche.

[Christophe]: Christophe follows them. "He could have been talking about a bloody demon for all you know..."

[Psyche]: Psyche looks at Kestrel then back to Christophe. "Someone else knows what happened. Maybe I can get something out of her." She lets out a sigh, trying to put on a straight face as she makes her way to the front gates of where her sister and her family lives. "I hope everyone is ready," she says. "Because I'm not sure I am," she says softly to herself.

[JadedDM]: The four approach the larger house in the middle of the village, first reaching the gated fence surrounding it.  Two guards stand outside the gate, and they tense up at seeing the party come closer.

[Psyche]: Psyche looks over the guards before speaking as clearly as she can. "Could you announce that Psyche Autumnleaf and her friends wish to have an audience with the Marquis and his wife?"

[JadedDM]: The two guards look to each other, then back to the party.  "They are expecting you.  This way," says one.  He opens the gates to let them inside.

[Christophe]: Christophe shakes his head. " Duncan ...bastard."

[Psyche]: Psyche looks towards the others before making her way inside the gates. She looks down at her hands as she enters the gates, which are shaking.

[Christophe]: Christophe steps through the gates. His cloak turns one shade darker.

[JadedDM]: The four are escorted by the two guards into an extending, intersection hallway.  Inside are six more guards, three standing on each side of the hall, waiting for them.  These six, along with the other two, box the party in.  "We will be needing you to relinquish your weapons, please."

[Christophe]: "We're not here to start any trouble..." he offers.

[Psyche]: "Christophe, do it." Psyche hands over the only weapon she has, the quarter staff. "All of you, do it."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel hands over her short sword and staff sling.

[JadedDM]: Draven hesitates, and looks around, as if trying to judge something.

[Christophe]: "Damn it..." Christophe pulls his quarterstaff out and slaps it down into the hands of one of the guards. He then slowly withdraws his crossbow from its holster and hands it to the guard.

[Psyche]: Psyche looks over to Draven.

[JadedDM]: Draven looks to Psyche, a look of anger in her eyes.

[Psyche]: "Please, Draven."

[Christophe]: Christophe frowns. "Darling.... you'll get it back."

[JadedDM]: Draven reluctantly, but eventually hands the weapon over.  The guard shivers slightly upon touching it, but takes it nonetheless.

[Psyche]: Psyche moves a bit closer to Kestrel and says softly. "If anything happens, protect them at all costs," she says, meaning Draven and Christophe.

[Christophe]: Christophe draws the hood of his now maroon coloured cloak up over his head.

[JadedDM]: The guards then escort the party forward, into the next room.  They enter a large, round area--an audience chamber of sorts.  The floors are covered in red carpet and in the center sit two bronze thrones.  The one on the left holds a man; the one on the right holds a woman.

[Psyche]: Psyche walks into the audience chamber, trying to look as calm as ever, but it isn't working all that well.

[JadedDM]: The man looks to be approaching his 40s or so.  He is wearing fine, silk garments of dark green and black.  His brown hair is combed to one side, and a streak of grey runs through it.  A black patch (also appears silk) covers his left eye; the other eye is brown, but watches the party closely.  Despite the fact he is sitting in a throne, he is also sporting some rather fine looking splint mail.

[Psyche]: Psyche takes a moment to glance at the man but her eyes are more focused on the woman that sits next to him rather than Edgar himself.

[Christophe]: Christophe turns pale under the cloak, but doesn't bother staring up.

[JadedDM]: The woman, in contrast, looks to be about a decade younger in appearance.  She has rather short black hair and intrigued hazel eyes that seem focused only on Psyche.  She is wearing black leather armor that hugs her form tightly, and reveals more skin than an effective armor probably should.  Where her skin is exposed, you notice various tattoos that resemble black vines with thorns.  She has her legs crossed and sits comfortably, a small smile on her lips.  Her face looks rather similar to Psyche's, but is a bit leaner and far colder.

[Psyche]: Psyche takes a deep breath, doesn't remember the tattoos at all and now that she is here, she isn't exactly sure what to say.

[JadedDM]: Edgar chuckles slightly.  "So...the mighty Rebels...and you just waltz right in here, like fools.  Perhaps the Overlord overestimated you."

[Psyche]: Psyche pulls her eyes from her sister to Edgar. "There are reasons to our actions that you probably do not quite understand."

[JadedDM]: Ceara shakes her head.  "Poor, gullible Psyche.  I heard you killed Morak...and did quite a number on Shaka and Lu.  But you have just let yourself be captured...was it because of me?"

[Psyche]: Psyche now turns her eyes back to her sister, taking a moment to compose herself before she speaks. "It was because of you." She might as well be honest.

[JadedDM]: Ceara raises a hand to her mouth and laughs in amusement.  "I suppose you could not bring yourself to hurt me, then?  What a fool you are...I suppose mother and father did not raise you as well as they thought."

[Psyche]: "You are my sister, Ceara. I won't kill you. I still have hope that you aren't this person."

[JadedDM]: Ceara:  "And who did you think I was, dear sister?"

[Psyche]: Psyche pulls the necklace from around her neck off and holds it out by the chain. "Not a killer. I never thought your own fear would consume you, but it has."

[JadedDM]: Edgar:  "Ah, that's enough now.  There will be time for that later.  Guards, take them to the dungeon below.  Imagine what a hero I will be when I turn you over to the Overlord."

[Psyche]: "Where is my niece?"

[JadedDM]: Ceara stands up.  "I will go with the guards," she says to her husband.  "I want to make sure they do not cause any trouble."

[JadedDM]: Edgar shrugs.  "As you wish."

[JadedDM]: The ten guards, all armed with two handed tridents, gesture for the party to return to the main hallway.

[Psyche]: Psyche sighs, shaking her head before she makes her way back to the main hall.

[Christophe]: Christophe doesn't bother resisting, and heads back to the main hallway.

[JadedDM]: Once back in the hall, they are forced down the left path into another room.  This room is wide and long, with plenty of open space and has a few chairs near the walls--perhaps a waiting room or sorts.  As they continue toward a descending staircase, however, Ceara speaks up.  "Wait, stop here," she commands the guards.

[Psyche]: Psyche looks towards her sister, wondering why exactly they are stopping, yet doesn't ask.

[JadedDM]: Ceara:  "Guards, restrain the other three.  But give my sister back her weapon."

[JadedDM]: Guard:  "But...the Marquis said..."

[JadedDM]: Ceara:  "I said DO IT!"

[JadedDM]: The guards jump into action.  They pull out some rope to tie up the hands of Christophe, Draven, and Kestrel.  Another guard hands Psyche back her staff.

[Psyche]: Psyche takes the staff, staring at her sister in disbelief. "What do you hope to accomplish?"

[JadedDM]: Ceara:  "The Marquis, my dear husband, probably plans to torture you--perhaps rape the three women, then hand you over to the Overlord.  But I will not be denied my vengeance on you, dear sister."

[Christophe]: Christophe grimaces as his hands are bound.

[Psyche]: "Vengeance? What did I do to deserve your vengeance?"

[JadedDM]: Ceara frowns and pulls out a short sword from behind her back.  The sword's blade is black, and it seems to radiate with a strange energy.  "We are going to end it, Psyche, here and now.  One of us is not walking away from this alive.  I will prove once and for all who the better sister is."

[Psyche]: "We...We weren't in competition, Ceara!" She looks over the sword, taking a few steps backwards. "I'm not fighting you!"

[Christophe]: Christophe's cloak seems to palpitate wildly now as he looks back and forth between Ceara and Psyche.

[JadedDM]: Ceara points her sword to Psyche.  "Yes you will...or you will die by my hand.  Now fight me!"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Oh, gods....please..."

[Psyche]: "No!" she cries out to her sister before looking down at her chest rather quickly in question.

[JadedDM]: Ceara:  "What's the fun of cutting you down while helpless?  Use your weapon and fight me...show me what you have learned these past years.  I am giving you the first strike, dear sister.  Show me what you are made of!"

[Psyche]: Psyche looks at the staff in her hand and tosses it aside. "I did not come here to fight you, Ceara. You don't want to see what I can do."

[Christophe]: Christophe hangs his head.

[JadedDM]: Ceara's face twists in outrage.  "You...stupid....gahhh....," she swears loudly and swings her sword wildly for a moment.  "Fine...if you won't give me a fair fight...then if anyone asks how you died, I'll lie."  And with that, she rushes at the helpless mage, sword in the air.

[Psyche]: Psyche watches her sister with tears in her eyes. "Azedeth, please let this be the right choice," she mutters before closing her eyes, resting her fate within a god.

[Christophe]: Christophe cannot help but watch...

[JadedDM]: Moments before the blade is about to slice into Psyche's skull, a powerfully bright light fills the room, stopping Ceara in her tracks.  The light is coming from under Psyche's robes; the source reveals itself when the half-ring necklace rises from out from her collar and gently moves toward Ceara, as if an invisible hand were trying to take it away.  Ceara cries out in pain as the light intensifies, backing away from Psyche.  Suddenly, something small and metallic flies out of Ceara's pocket toward the half-ring, which breaks away from the chain around Psyche's neck.  The two objects come together, forming a whole ring.  As the light spreads all over the room, each of you is suddenly reminded vibrantly of their fondest memory, as if they had just lived it moments ago.

[JadedDM]: The guards all cover their eyes at this light which seems to blind them, but does little harm to the party members.  The guards all drop unconscious.  Ceara continues to back away, until she's up against the wall.  "This light is...hideous..."

[Christophe]: Christophe gasps for breath, his eyes bulging. His words are a hushed whisper. "Michelle..."

[JadedDM]: Draven groans slightly, as if she has a stomach ache.  Kestrel says nothing, but her eyes suddenly well with tears.

[Psyche]: Psyche's eyes fly open with a small gasp, she doesn't say anything but tears start fall down her cheeks.

[JadedDM]: Then, the light vanishes abruptly.  The ring, now golden in appearance, clatters softly to the ground.  Ceara leans against the wall, clutching her chest.  "Psy...Psyche...don't come looking...for me...." she says, nearly doubling over in pain.

[Psyche]: Psyche feels herself take a few steps forward, blinking her eyes for a moment before she looks towards her sister's voice. "...Ceara..." She nearly runs to the woman, trying to wrap her arms around her, as she is in pain and that is the only thing she can think of to do.

[JadedDM]: Ceara:  "NO!" she cries and easily tosses Psyche backward, as if she were a rag doll.  Her eyes glow deep red, and dark tendrils of energy begin to surround her body.  "I will NOT let you relinquish this shell...we had a deal!"  She stands and puts a hand to the wall.  There, a black portal of darkness opens up.  "Everything has a price, and your life is no different!"  She then slinks into the portal, which promptly shuts behind her.

[Christophe]: Christophe stands there with his mouth agape, staring at the wall.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel blinks away her tears.  "Psyche!  Free us!  Before more guards arrive!"

[Psyche]: Psyche falls backwards on her butt staring at the wall, not sure what to think of that. "No!" she cries out, pushing herself up quickly as if she has the mind to go after her before she hears Kestrel, she looks to the priestess and the others, then back to the wall. Finally she grabs one of the guard's weapons and moves to free the others.

[JadedDM]: After Psyche cuts through their bonds, Kestrel and Draven quickly recover their weapons.  The golden ring sits silently on the floor, catching the nearby sunlight from a window.

[Psyche]: Psyche looks down upon the ring and moves to pick it up quickly.

[Christophe]: Christophe stumbles over to his weapons, replacing the staff in its sheath, then loading and cocking his crossbow. "I think we should make a hasty withdrawal from this town now...."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "What about Edgar?"

[Christophe]: Christophe looks at her, hard. "Another day. We need to move before a swarm of guards are upon us."

[Psyche]: Psyche finds herself staring at the wall that her sister disappeared into before nodding her head to Christophe. "He....he isn't an agent." she takes a deep breath. "Let’s...lets just get out of here."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Ugh, fine...this place is nuts, anyway."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Hurry, this way," she says, wiping her face dry with her sleeve, then heading toward the main hallway.

[Psyche]: Psyche follows after Kestrel, looking back over her shoulder for a second.

[Christophe]: Christophe follows along, holding his weapon in front of him.

[JadedDM]: The four hurry into the hallway, looking around for any more on-coming guards.  They nearly crash into the little girl that was passing through in the process.  She looks to be four or five years old, with long black hair pulled back into two braids and big, brown eyes; wearing a blue dress and having teal ribbons in her hair.  She looks up at the party in fear.

[Psyche]: Psyche looks down upon the girl and nearly falls down in tears, yet she speaks softly to the girl. "We....we aren't going to hurt you. Could...could you show us the way out of here?"

[JadedDM]: The girl takes a step back.  "Wh-where's momma?!"  she demands.  Just then, a group of guards comes out of the audience chamber and spots the party.

[Christophe]: "Back! We can use the window!"

[Psyche]: "...I don't know where your momma went." She lets out a shuddering breath, looking towards the guards then back to the girl. "But you can be sure I will find her," she says quickly.

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "I can hold them off..."

[Christophe]: Christophe grabs her arm. "The hell you are..." He shoves her back. "I'll provide the cover fire... you three go first."

[Psyche]: Psyche wipes her eyes with her sleeve, looking to Christophe and Draven. "We don't have time to fight about it!" she cries out as she moves to the nearest window to get out.

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Don't be a hero," she tells Christophe as she and Kestrel hurry back to the waiting room.

[Christophe]: "Hero..." he mutters before taking a pot shot at the first guard who tries to approach.

[Psyche]: Psyche moves back into the waiting room with the rest of them, moving towards the window that was letting in the sunlight. She tries to open it quickly.

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "No time for that!"  She smashes the window with her axe.

[JadedDM]: Meanwhile, Christophe fires his crossbow at one of the guards.  (Roll to hit.)

[Christophe]: [1d20+2] -> [1,2] = (3)

[Psyche]: Psyche jumps back from Draven's axe, blinking a few times. "Kestrel, you first! Go!"

[Christophe]: *Ping-ping-pang* A bolt goes ricocheting all over the other end of the hallway.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel hops through the window.

[Psyche]: "Draven, get Christophe!" She then makes her way through the window.

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Go, go, go!" she tells Psyche as she runs back for Christophe.

[Psyche]: Psyche has no problem with going, for that is what she is doing.

[Christophe]: Christophe begins reloading his crossbow "Ah...frak.."

[JadedDM]: Psyche and Kestrel are now outside of the house, in the yard (but not outside of the gates).  Draven crashes into the hallway, knocking a guard over in the process.

[Psyche]: Psyche looks at Kestrel. "We have to make a run for it. Ready?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "What about the others?!"

[Psyche]: Psyche shifts a bit on her feet, looking towards the window. "Just...just wait a few seconds...they'll come out soon," she hopes.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Psyche!  More guards!" she says, pointing behind her.

[Christophe]: Christophe turns and scoops up the little girl with his left arm, holding the crossbow up to her with his right hand. "Alright! Easy boys... you don't want your mistress to lose her little girl in an accident now, do you?"

[Psyche]: Psyche turns her attention to the guards coming her way and soon falls into chant.

[JadedDM]: The guards stop suddenly, unsure of how to proceed.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel draws her glowing sword.  "Psyche, go!  I'll cover you!"

[JadedDM]: The little girl cries out and struggles.

[Psyche]: Psyche looks at Kestrel in sheer amazement. "I can't just leave you here!"

[Christophe]: Christophe smiles convincingly. "That's right...just take it easy and she'll be okay..." With his back against the wall, he starts slinking back towards the window, mindful of the guards behind him too. "Just take it easy, child," he whispers to the girl.

[JadedDM]: Edgar then bursts into the hallway, carrying a silver staff--and boy, does he not look happy.  "Edara!"

[JadedDM]: (Psyche state actions for Round 1.)

[Psyche]: Psyche, as she is not going to leave anyone behind, begins chanting a spell.

[Psyche]: [1d10] -> [9] = (9)

[Christophe]: "Draven... stay close to me now... I want you to get out the window first..."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Your crazy...they'll swarm you in a second."

[JadedDM]: Edgar:  "Put her down, Rebel scum!"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel's turn.

[Christophe]: "They wouldn't dare.... if they try to take me out, she goes with me."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel prays and a beam of sunlight strikes one of the guards, burning him severely.

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "I hope you know what you're doing...," she says, and heads for the window.

[JadedDM]: Guard2's turn.

[JadedDM]: Another guard rushes up to Kestrel and attacks her with his trident, swinging the butt end and smacking her in the chest.

[Christophe]: "Just stay calm everybody…" He edges closer to the window. "And she'll live…”

[JadedDM]: Edgar snarls.  "Do as he says," he tells his guards.  "If I ever get my hands on you, Rebel..."

[JadedDM]: Psyche's turn.

[Christophe]: Christophe stares at Edgar, icy cold. "What's the matter? Don't remember me, friend?"

[Psyche]: Psyche pulls out that glowing moss she always uses as she chants and claps her hands together to cast the spell. A bright light starts to shine brightly through his eyes.

[JadedDM]: Edgar:  "What?  What does that mean?  Who the hell are you?"

[JadedDM]: The guard who just attacked Kestrel staggers back, blinded.

[JadedDM]: Guard3's turn.

[Christophe]: Christophe hoists a leg out the window, still training his weapon on the girl. "You sure were a lousy Resistance fighter, that's for sure..."

[JadedDM]: Another guard, unblinded, rushes up to engage Kestrel after his companion staggers back.  He slashes at her with the points of the trident, causing her to cry out in pain.

[JadedDM]: Edgar:  "Resistance fighter...?"  He steps forward.  "No...that's impossible!  You're dead!"

[JadedDM]: Guard1's turn.

[JadedDM]: Guard 1 is blinded from Kestrel's prayer, so he backs off.

[JadedDM]: Guard4's turn.

[JadedDM]: This guard rushes for Psyche, but Kestrel shields her and takes another hit.  The priestess is not looking too good now.

[Christophe]: "Easy!" He snarls. "Keep your distance." His finger tenses on the crossbow's trigger. "Starting to come back now, eh, Edgar? All those good times we had together... riding the countryside with Chantal... oh, come on, I know you remember..."

[Psyche]: "Kestrel!" she cries out. "Where in the Abyss are the others?!"

[JadedDM]: Edgar scowls.  "I should have known...you would join the Rebels!  Why not face me like a man, instead of hiding behind a child!"

[JadedDM]: Draven's turn.

[JadedDM]: Draven leaps out of the window and into the fight, taking out a guard with a single swing.  The last remaining guard seems to think better of 3 to 1 odds, and bails.

[Psyche]: Psyche lets out a deep breath upon seeing Draven. "What is he doing?!"

[Christophe]: Christophe looks down at the little girl briefly, and then looks at Edgar again. "Call it eye for an eye, you miserable bastard. You robbed me of my daughter... now I'm taking yours with me. Chew on that for the next twenty years and see how it feels." He quickly clambers out the window with the girl in his arms.

[JadedDM]: Draven ignores her comment for now and swings open the front gates while Kestrel heals herself.

[JadedDM]: Edgar:  "Edara!"

[JadedDM]: Christophe tumbles out the window with the screaming, squirming, kicking, biting child in hand.  Draven gets the gates open and Kestrel stands back up.

[Christophe]: Christophe regards the others and starts running. "Come on! The horses! Let's go!"

[Psyche]: Psyche starts running for the gates, doing a double take at Christophe yet doesn't have time to question it at the moment.

[JadedDM]: The four rush outside the gates and into the streets.  By now, the villagers are out and about, but they mostly move aside at the ruckus, unsure of what's happening.  The party makes a beeline for the stables, although the guards follow at a distance, afraid of the child being harmed.

[Psyche]: Psyche makes a mad dash for the stables to get Snow Dancer.

[Christophe]: Christophe hightails it towards Mercedes.

[JadedDM]: Edara:  "LEMMEGO!" she screams again and again, beating on Christophe with her tiny fists.

[JadedDM]: The party reaches the stables.  The guards surround it right away, but do not enter with them.

[Christophe]: Christophe wrenches down on the girl harder. He doesn't want to hurt her, but keeps a tighter grip.  "It's okay... your aunt is going to take good care of you..," he whispers to her.

[JadedDM]: Draven gets her horse ready.  "Any idea how we are going to get out of here?"

[JadedDM]: Guard:  He calls out to the party.  "You're surrounded!  Give up now!"

[Psyche]: Psyche manages to climb on board Snow Dancer quickly enough, looking towards the others. "Draven...you know about horses...can these things do anything to scare the guards? Like...rear up as if the horse is going to kick them with its hooves?"

[Christophe]: Christophe awkwardly clambers aboard Mercedes with the little girl. He has her tucked into his left side tightly, with his hand reaching around to grab the reins.

[JadedDM]: Draven sighs.  "Of course, it's up to me to pull out all out of the fire you keep bringing us into.  Wait for my signal, then ride like the wind."  She takes Soul Biter in hand and presses her knees into Sorza's sides.

[Psyche]: Psyche takes hold of the reins, looking over to Christophe and Edara.

[Christophe]: Christophe stares back at Psyche. He almost begins to say something, but doesn't bother just yet.

[JadedDM]: Draven then kicks Sorza into action, riding out into the midst of the guards.  She swings her axe, taking out one guard, and then slides in her saddle to avoid an attack.  The guards scatter to avoid being trampled, and the party now has a clear path.

[Christophe]: Christophe pulls on the reins and rides forward after Draven.

[Psyche]: Psyche kicks Snow Dancer into action upon seeing the clear path. The horse gallops out of the stables at full speed.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel takes up the rear with Valora.  By the time the guards recover, the four are well on their way south.

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Hey, where the Nine Hells are we going, anyway?"

[Christophe]: When the party has cleared at least a little distance between them and Teal, Christophe slows his horse to ride close to Snow Dancer. "Here, Psyche... she would probably rather be held by you right now..."

[Psyche]: Psyche looks about ready to answer Draven but then looks towards Christophe and the little girl. "She doesn't even know who I am..." She sighs softly and takes the girl though, not even sure what to say or do at this point and time.

[Christophe]: "I know... I know.... but... I couldn't in good conscience leave her there with... that bastard. I just couldn't."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel looks behind them.  "They might pursue us...it's best to keep moving for now."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "What the frell are we going to do with a kid, anyway?"

[Christophe]: "We can ride to Dan'gen. I know someone there who could look after her for a short time... while we sort out something more permanent for her."

[Psyche]: Psyche looks down at Edara, then to the others. "We can't go to Dan'gen....the only thing..." She takes a deep breath. "The base is the only safe place."

[Christophe]: Christophe looks at her tensely. "But... if they follow us... they'll know the location of the base."

[Psyche]: Psyche looks over her shoulder. "We can ride the horses half way there, then lose them and walk the rest of the way on foot. That will make it harder to track us...I think."

[Christophe]: "Psyche.... why can't we go to Dan'gen?"

[Psyche]: "We broke into the strong hold before all of this."

[Christophe]: Christophe shakes his head. "You what? Get out of here..."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Those were just simple paid guards.  They won't follow us far.  If we can put enough distance between us and the village, we should be okay.  Unless your sister chases us."

[Psyche]: Psyche's mind is just swimming at the moment. "I'll explain the story more when...when I can think, Christophe." she looks to Draven. "I...I don't think she will."

[JadedDM]: Edara, who has gone silent as she listened to them, speaks up.  "You are all going to be in biiiig trouble when my dad and mom catch you."

[Psyche]: Psyche looks down on Edara; she doesn't know what to say to. "Uh...." she about all she can do.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Psyche...that was a miracle back there, you know."

[Psyche]: Psyche looks to Kestrel. "What?" She seems just a little overwhelmed at the moment. "Oh...the...uh, the light."

[Christophe]: Christophe looks at Psyche. "I'm sorry. I'm a monster for taking her... but I did what I had to, to get out. You're her family... you should decide if you should take her with us or release her now to make her way back to Teal."

[Psyche]: "I...I can't just release her out in the middle of no where!"

[Christophe]: "Of course not... for Gods sake... we could wait until nightfall and let her go on the outskirts of the city."

[Psyche]: "I don't know what to do." she looks down upon her niece again. "I don't know what happened back there...I don't know where Ceara went, and I'm just about as confused as I'm ever going to be."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Yeah, what the hell was with that light show and that ring?"

[Christophe]: "You could start by telling Edara who you are..."

[Psyche]: "I don't know what it was." she looks over to Christophe, looks almost afraid before she turns her attention to Edara. "Did your mom ever tell you that she had a sister?"

[JadedDM]: Edara:  "Noooo," she says, sticking her upper lip out.

[Christophe]: Christophe rides forward, next to Draven's horse. "Ugh... I'm going to Hades, I know it."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Good, I'll be needing some company."

[Psyche]: "Oh, well, she does have one." she takes a deep breath. "I'm...I'm Psyche, your mother's sister, which means I'm your aunt."

[Christophe]: "You..." his words trail off. "Why do I find your pessimistic attitude so attractive?" He looks at her. "Nevermind... that was rhetorical."

[JadedDM]: Edara:  "Why did you take me away?"

[Psyche]: "I didn't mean for it to happen. I didn't want you to be taken away from your family."

[JadedDM]: (We're going to call it a night here, since it's midnight.)

 

Back to Renosia II