Session 23:
Agent Shaka

 

[JadedDM]: Onix 28th, Lightday; 665.  The party awakens after a night with the EverSteaming Bottle again, thus gaining 8 hp back in the progress.

[JadedDM]: Draven gets up and stretches; her hair once again the proverbial rat nest.  Kestrel also awakens and walks up to the now empty bottle and seals it back up and puts it away.  Toby stays on the floor, in a ball, although it's uncertain if she's asleep or just lying there awake.

[Psyche]: Psyche pulls herself out of bed, running her fingers through her hair. "I need to pick up a few things before the fight."

[Christophe]: Christophe is quickly up and ready to go. He regards his recently restrung crossbow, "I hope you're not going to give me anymore trouble now..."

[JadedDM]: There's a knock at the door.

[Psyche]: Psyche walks over to the door and pulls it open.

[Eidos]: An average man stands in the doorway. He is clothed in cream-colored clothing, with a brown cloak, and a small shield. He smiles a distant smile, curly brown hair getting in an eye. His face is devoid of unique features. "Brave, foolish, calling for the world to see."

[JadedDM]: Draven fixes her hair and begins putting on her chain mail.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel gets on her feet.  "Who is it, Psyche?"

[Psyche]: "Uh....excuse me?" She raises an eyebrow at the man for a moment, absently answering Kestrel. "I'm not too terribly sure, Kestrel."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Fight's not for another two hours.  What, do we have a fan?"

[Christophe]: Christophe peeks around the curtain at the doorway. He looks on with disregard at the man standing there.

[Eidos]: "Calling yourselves rebels. Are you really?" He stands there in the doorway, hand rising to fix the errant bit of hair.

[Psyche]: Psyche crosses her arms. "We are...yet who might you be and why exactly are you at our door?"

[Eidos]: He walks past Psyche into the room, spinning in a slow circle to regard all. "Eidos. Druid. Friend to rebels. I don't suppose you're friends to me?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel blinks.  "Druid?  You are...a faithful of Elonna?"

[Christophe]: Christophe hoists the crossbow up. "Alright.... wait a minute. Who says you're friend to Rebels, and who said you could barge in here?

[Eidos]: "Have you ever tried cinnamon fish?" He furrows his brow mildly, and looks to the ceiling, in thought. "I have been wondering about that."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Who the hell is Elonna?"

[Psyche]: "Please....come in." She looks rather confused, yet sounds a bit sarcastic as she closes the door before turning to face the man who decided to come inside uninvited.

[Christophe]: Christophe looks at Psyche with a disdainful look on his face. He seems to mouth 'what the cruk?' to her.

[Eidos]: "Ahhh yes, Elonna. Mother of all. I have come to help in any case. You've helped me in the past you see. Your friends. Who are all of you then?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel looks to Draven, clear disdain in her face.  "Elonna is the Goddess of Nature; she is Azedeth's wife."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Wha...wait, so...you're saying this guy's goddess is your god's old lady?"

[Psyche]: "Wait...we have helped you before?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel bristles but nods curtly to Draven.

[Eidos]: "She is not my Goddess. I am her child. Helped? Oh yes. In Necros. I don't suppose you know Ghed?"

[Psyche]: "No, I'm afraid not." She finally just shrugs at Christophe as she doesn't know how to explain this yet.

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Her child?  You mean like...in a metaphorical way, right?  Because we all ready met one ding-bat who claimed to be carrying a god's child..."

[Eidos]: "I watched you fight. You did well. It is how I found you, you see. Being named Rebels."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "You are saying you met Rebels in Necros?  I wasn't aware there were any outside of Bloodtooth..."

[Psyche]: "Okay, that makes a little sense, yet why are you seeking us out?"

[Christophe]: "Uhmm... I come from a freelance Rebel group out of Daemon, Kestrel. Or have you forgotten already?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Oh, right...," she puts her hand on her holy symbol and looks at Eidos.

[Eidos]: "Do you want the long story? It may take a month to properly tell it. I suppose you want the short version. Do you know the Sacred trees?" He smiles congenially at Kestrel and nods his head in her direction.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Sacred...Trees?  You mean like the Sacred Elm?"

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Oh, yeah...thanks for bringing that up.  Damn thing still gives me the eeries."

[Psyche]: "What about these...trees?"

[Eidos]: "You've seen the Sacred Elm then? That's good. It's not there to see anymore."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "We know.  We're the ones that burned it down."

[Eidos]: His eyes widen and he loses his dream-like quality. "Do you comprehend what you've done then?"

[Psyche]: Psyche leans over to Draven and mutters. "I'm not exactly sure that was the best thing to say." She finally raises her voice. "That tree was turning people into zombies."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel nods in agreement.  "The tree became corrupted; it was a beacon of pure, negative energy."

[Eidos]: "Is that what happened then? Oh my. Well, you can rectify your blunder by aiding me. That tree was of the utmost importance to life in Renosia."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "What?  You make it sound like our fault.  If we hadn't destroyed that tree, the undead would have spread all over."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel says nothing, but simply looks at Eidos intently, as if examining his very soul.

[Eidos]: "That's going to happen anyway, thanks to you. Naturally, destroying it was an incorrect method. That was quite the error. Do you know its former purpose?"

[Psyche]: Psyche seems rather dumbfounded now. "I do not see why we have to rectify ourselves to some complete stranger. From what we learned though, that Tree was protecting Edge Elm from Necros."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Well, gee, we were a little short on options when we were surrounded by zombies and ghouls."

[Psyche]: "Though that tree turned on the people that it was suppose to protect."

[JadedDM]: Draven looks to Christophe, wondering what his take is on all of this.

[Eidos]: Eidos shrugs, but frowns moments after. "The trees ward off the curse. That was the purpose of the Oath. They keep the undead in Necros. There are two others."

[Christophe]: Christophe looks as if he has an itchy trigger finger today. He shakes his head in disgust and sits on the edge of his bed to hear the rest of this stranger's yarn.

[Psyche]: "I'm not exactly sure what Oath you are speaking of, but we really do not have much time to discuss this. Could you please just tell us why you are here?" She lets her arms drop down to her side. "After all, we do have a battle coming up and some of us need to prepare."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel lets go of her holy symbol.  "Yes, you are speaking in riddles, sir."

[JadedDM]: Draven grumbles, and finishes putting on her armor.

[Eidos]: "I'm here to help of course. I wouldn't come with accusations only. Offerings of aid, with your battle." He resumes his far-off smile.

[Psyche]: "While the aid is welcome, you do not know our purpose here, meaning that with this battle, it has to be handled in a certain way."

[Christophe]: "What? This is insanity. You're not one of us, and we don't know what your real agenda is. Eidos, right? Hey tell me... where have all the dragons gone? You know? No, I didn't think so..."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel sets a hand on Christophe's shoulder to calm him down.  "I sense no dark intentions about him.  And if he really is a druid...he could not be evil."

[Eidos]: "I'm a good cook too, all things considered." He looks at Christophe, smiling. "You have no reason to trust me, finally the response I expected." He gestures to Kestrel. "I expect you to listen to her though.  I expect the dragons went to sleep though. Gone like the Guardians." He looks upwards, in thought.

[Christophe]: "You're telling me what to think now, child? Such arrogance from one so supposedly pure of heart. .... I'm sure we all remember what a pure migraine the last outsider that tagged along with us was..."

[Psyche]: "Christophe...please?" She glances at older man, knowing that this is not going to help the situation.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel backs off, surprised by this outburst.

[Eidos]: Eidos looks to be approaching thirty, himself. "Outsider? I remember an invitation to join the rebels once. I think I'll accept it. Please, you mistake sense for arrogance."

[Psyche]: Psyche takes a deep breath. "I trust Kestrel's word for the moment. Eidos...right? We will give you a....test run in a sense. If you can prove yourself in our next battle, we will let you tag along, though keep in mind that we have more important things to do than aiding you. We will help when we can, but our mission comes first."

[Eidos]: "I suppose it is inevitable that I help you before you help me. Such is the way. I will not fail Elonna." He bows slightly to Psyche. "A wise leader."

[Psyche]: "Now that is settled... I'm Psyche." she motions over to Kestrel. "That is Kestrel."  Then she motions to Draven, "Draven....and," she finally motions to Chris, "Christophe."

[JadedDM]: Draven grunts, as she finishes strapping on her armor.  Kestrel nods politely.

[Christophe]: Christophe has already turned away, strapping his leather armour on.

[Eidos]: He bows to each one in turn, a little deeper to Christophe. "Indeed. Would anyone like to join me for a walk then? I cannot abide a roof."

[Psyche]: "I must gain some supplies for a few of my spells." she glances to the others. "Though, someone needs to fill him in on the fact that we do not plan to kill Shaka."

[Christophe]: "Well that someone can be you then, mmm? You want the outsider with us, he's your responsibility until he proves himself."

[Psyche]: "Fair enough."

[Eidos]: "Killing? I don't believe I've killed anything but the odd coney in my life. Which reminds me to try cinnamon fish."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel begins putting on her own studded leather and preparing her gear.  Draven sits down at the table and crosses her arms before leaning back on the chair and putting her feet up on the table.

[Psyche]: Psyche walks back to the door and opens it, stepping out into the hall. "Come along, Eidos, I'll try to fill you in as much as I can."

[Eidos]: "I'm on my way." He moves towards the door at a quick pace. "Have you ever seen an eclipse?"

[Christophe]: Christophe waits for them to leave, then looks at Draven. "What the cruk is wrong with her?"

[JadedDM]: Psyche and Eidos leave and head to the marketplace, talking along the way.

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "We really ought to stop taking in strays.  Especially the tree-hugging variety."

[Psyche]: "No," she answers simply before making her way down the hall towards the shopping area. She is going to try and get this conversation back on track though. "Now, as stated before, we do not plan on killing Shaka," she speaks softly. "We need information out of her, so we need to make her surrender, so how do you plan on helping us do that?"

[Christophe]: "Exactly. We're going to allow some random tramp into the fold mere hours before the most important LIFE or DEATH battle in the tournament? This is unfathomable..."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "But admittedly, we are down one person.  An extra body, as well as the boons of an extra deity, would be useful."

[Eidos]: "I plan to disable her weapon, and make you more efficient, and defensible."

[Psyche]: "And you know what kind of weapon she uses, besides her prayers to D'lokka? How do you plan on making me more efficient?"

[Christophe]: "Yeah... we're down a person, can't deny that. But as I said... we don't know anything about this tramp. We don't know how skilled he is in a fight. Who knows? He may see Shaka once and flake out.... I just don't like the timing of this."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "He said he's never killed before.  That's hopeful," she adds sarcastically.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "But he is a druid, and therefore we can trust him, I feel.  Elonna and Azedeth work hand-in-hand to bring good to this world."

[Eidos]: "You being the general term for your group. You should know that D'lokka's potency lies within combat, not prayers." He scratches the back of his left hand.

[Christophe]: "Well you'll forgive me if I remain leery. Perhaps I'm just uptight because the most important battle yet is upcoming. We've come too far now to fail... I don't want anything to get in the way."

[Psyche]: "I know a great deal about D'lokka, so I do realize that they rely on their combat, but they also have prayers as well, in which we will have to look out for." She sighs, keeping her eyes open for a vendor that sells mage wares and things. "The last thing I'm going to do is underestimate Shaka and her brother."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "It's said that the druids of Elonna have the power to speak to nature and beckon it to their commands, like how I can control light."

[Eidos]: "If you'd like, I can disable another person."

[JadedDM]: Psyche spots a particular vendor stand selling some components and other such bric-a-brac.

[Psyche]: Psyche makes her way through the crowd to that vendor. "Disable how, exactly?"

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "So...what?  He can move plants?  Whoopie."

[Christophe]: "Kestrel... I don't pretend to understand how your powers work. I doubt I would understand how this guy's power works either..."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "One day we must have a talk about the gods and their interest in our battle."

[Eidos]: "If their weapon is metal, it will become too hot. Like trying to stare into the sun, so it will be to hold the weapon for a good while."

[Christophe]: "So you're saying we'll have a tomorrow? I like the sound of that..."

[JadedDM]: Draven looks about ready to say something, but then seems to think better of it.  She decides instead to pace the room.

[Psyche]: "That is a start, I suppose." She turns her attention to the vendor once she is there. "I'm in need of some fur and a glass rod and either some fireflies or phosphorescent moss."

[Christophe]: Christophe just smiles to himself and watches her pace.

[JadedDM]: The vendor takes at least three minutes going through all his wares in an attempt to find what she asks.  He manages to find a bit of animal fur, a small glass rod, and a small vile half-full of phosphorescent moss.  "Will this all do?"

[Eidos]: He stands by, smiling with his eyes closed. "A breeze is nice."

[Psyche]: Psyche takes a few moments to look it all over before nodding with approval. "How much?"

[JadedDM]: Draven rubs at her arms while she paces, muttering a bit about how cold it is.

[JadedDM]: Vendor:  "Thirty copper."

[Christophe]: "Hey... you're going to wear a hole in the floor... come sit with me." He unties his cloak and offers it to her.

[Psyche]: Psyche counts out the thirty copper, as she has enough of it to do so, then hands it over to the vendor.

[JadedDM]: Draven walks over and sits near him, her teeth chattering a bit.

[JadedDM]: The Vendor gives Eidos an odd look when he speaks of breezes, and hands over the goods to Psyche.

[Christophe]: Christophe places the cloak around her shoulders, putting an arm around her. "That damn axe..."

[Psyche]: Psyche places each component in her pouches and turns back to Eidos. "We are inside, you do realize."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel looks at the pair, but says nothing.  She instead fingers her medallion instead.

[Eidos]: "I can feel the breeze anywhere, and hear the trees whisper from miles away. It is too close to ignore."

[Psyche]: "Can you? Can all followers of Elonna do this?" She starts her walk back to the room. "I'm afraid I don't know much about her."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Bah...I'm actually wealthy now.  I can buy a thicker coat."

[Eidos]: "Everything is intertwined. I don't know how you cannot feel it." He smiles. "Anyone can do it, if they stop to pay attention."

[Psyche]: "I don't really have the time to stop and pay attention to such things."

[Christophe]: He jokes at her. "Yeah? You wouldn't look out of place in least wearing a thick coat in the middle of searing Renosian summer..."

[JadedDM]: Draven shrugs and smirks.  "Yeah, because we don't call enough attention to ourselves."

[Eidos]: He lays a hand on her shoulder, gripping gently. "You should. Toiling is overrated."

[Christophe]: "Yeah... a mage chucking ice and frost everywhere, an axe-wielding merc in a big thick coat and a guy with... PREMATURELY gray hair... nope. Not odd in the least."

[Psyche]: Psyche glances to him, trying to kind of shrug his hand off her shoulder. "I'm afraid that is all the rebels do anymore, Eidos. You need to be prepared for it."

[Eidos]: "Nonsense, as long as I draw breath, I will feel the planet breathe."

[JadedDM]: Psyche and Eidos return to the room then.

[JadedDM]: Draven reaches over and roughs up his 'pre-maturely' grey hair.

[Psyche]: "We shall see." she steps back inside the room. "Okay, so we need to go over our plans."

[Eidos]: He rolls his shoulders and follows her into the room, moving along.

[Psyche]: "I've learned that our new...companion, for the time being, can heat metal which could prove to be useful in the battle."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Heat metal?  Is he going to forge us new weapons or something?"

[Psyche]: "No, but he can heat a weapon enough so that someone will drop it."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "So what is our plan?"

[Psyche]: "Well, I know that Shaka is going to have many of her followers with her besides her brother. We need to take care of them first before Shaka and Makin. I figured Eidos and Kestrel can focus their attention on Makin. Draven, I would like you to focus your attention on Shaka...and Christophe, you can really have your pick. I think I might be able to weaken the others with that one lightning spell that was used on Draven earlier. I just want to make sure you all are away from me when I do it.  Or really not away from me, but rather away from the spell."

[Christophe]: "Then I will switch targets as the battle dictates..."

[Eidos]: He moves next to Kestrel. "How will I know this hobgoblin? I wonder if he's tall. Tall people bother me."

[JadedDM]: Draven pats her axe in anticipation of the fight.

[Psyche]: Psyche pauses in her thinking for a moment, mentally going over a few of her spells. "Actually, if you guys are rather close to me when I cast the lightning spell, you should be safe."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "A battle between Azedeth and D'lokka.  If it's true what they say, that history repeats itself, than we shall be victorious."

[Christophe]: "You're going to cast that spell, Psyche? The one that protects you, I assume?"

[Psyche]: "I will cast one that will protect me after I cast the lightning spell. With that in mind, I want all of you to gather around me before rushing out there to do your thing. Let me cast the lightning spell on the others first then you can rush in and do your thing. Does that make sense?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel nods.  "So the bolt will be our signal."

[Christophe]: "I suppose so.... I just wondered if you could cast your protecting spells before the battle even begins. I've seen you use it before in many battles."

[Psyche]: "I could actually. It lasts a long time."

[Eidos]: "On a smaller scale madam Kestrel." He looks around. "Lightning? I didn't smell a storm in the air."

[Psyche]: "So, is everyone all right with this plan so far? Just remember, the lightning bolt is your signal to move. Also keep in mind we want Shaka alive, so Draven I think it might be up to you to mention her son, as you are going to be so close to her."

[Christophe]: "Yeah. All clear."

[JadedDM]: Draven nods.

[JadedDM]: There is a knock at the door.

[Psyche]: Psyche moves over to the door and opens it.

[JadedDM]: It is Lukia.  She adjusts her specs and nods.  "It is time."

[Christophe]: Christophe grits his teeth upon hearing the knock, his stomach twisting slightly in anticipation. "I need my cloak back for now, sweetheart." He pulls away from Draven.

[Psyche]: Psyche lets out a deep sigh and steps out into the hall to follow Lukia.

[Eidos]: Eidos looks over at Lukia and smiles. "Those are good lenses. I like them." He looks in his bag and pulls out a vial of clear liquid.

[JadedDM]: Draven raises her eyebrow, but hands him back his cloak.  She grabs her bow and arrows, and then slings Soul Biter over her shoulder.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel follows Psyche, with Draven behind her.

[Christophe]: Christophe reties his cloak and pulls the hood up. During the walk he begins loading his crossbow.

[JadedDM]: Lukia leads the five out to the arena.  It's a cloudy day.  The audience seems really charged, and the stadium seats hold more people than you have ever seen them before.

[Psyche]: Psyche shifts a bit on her feet, which is the only sign that she is actually nervous.

[Eidos]: He sprinkles a little bit of the liquid around them, and clasps his hands in front of him, raising his voice in prayer.

[JadedDM]: On the other side of the arena, three hobgoblins emerge, all male.  One is wearing chain mail and carrying a battle axe.  Another wears chain mail and carries a long sword.  The third wears banded mail and carries a halberd.

[Christophe]: Christophe adjusts the straps of his gloves and makes sure the buckler is firmly strapped to his arm.

[JadedDM]: Guko emerges onto the balcony and prepares his magic voice wand.  "Welcome ladies and gentlemen...to the final bout of the Yuletime Tournament '65!"  The audience roars.  "Our challengers...a group nobody believed could get this far, the Rebels!"  The audience boos and hisses.

[Psyche]: "You would think after all of this that they would at least stop hissing," she mutters under her breath.

[Christophe]: Christophe continues looking forward. "Personally I like being regarded as a heel... at least here in the arena anyway..."

[JadedDM]: Guko:  "And our champions...a Taj-mob priestess who built this entire arena as a living temple to her goddess...a woman who raises above her peers to become something greater--a woman of honor, integrity, beauty, and power...ladies and gentlemen, I give you....Lady Shaka Kaurath!"  The audience goes nuts, screaming their lungs out.  At that time, a female hobgoblin emerges in plate mail, carrying a small shield and a broad sword, as well as a open-faced helmet.

[Psyche]: "Why is that?"  She eyes Shaka once she enters the arena. "Oh, Azedeth be with us today."

[JadedDM]: The three male hobgoblins stand before Shaka, protecting her.

[Christophe]: Christophe aims his crossbow at one of the hobgoblins. "Guess it gives me the chance to be a bad guy without actually having to be one. Good luck everybody..."

[JadedDM]: Shaka:  "Know this!" she calls out to them.  "Your chaos and blasphemy end today!  Make ready!"

[Eidos]: He finishes his praying, a breeze picking up from behind their group and dieing just as fast as it begun.

[Psyche]: "We shall see," she says softly, as she isn't going to actually scream out to Shaka at the moment.

[JadedDM]: (I assume Christophe is firing first?)

[Christophe]: [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)

[Christophe]: [1d4] -> [3] = (3)

[Christophe]: Christophe's crossbow makes a harder snapping sound this time, and the bolt goes flying across the battlefield, connecting with the long sword wielding hobgoblin, sticking right into the creature's thigh. He growls in discomfort.

[JadedDM]: (Actions?)

[Christophe]: Christophe hastily reloads and aims at the same target again.

[Christophe]: [1d10] -> [2] = (2)

[Psyche]: Psyche raises her hands in the air as she begins chanting the words to her first spell, just as she said she would.

[Psyche]: [1d10] -> [9] = (9)

[Eidos]: "A nice breeze." Eidos says a prayer, looking at the hobgoblin with the Halberd.

[Eidos]: [1d10] -> [10] = (10)

[JadedDM]: Christophe's turn.

[Christophe]: [1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20)

[Christophe]: [1d4] -> [1] = (1)

[Christophe]: Christophe fires again, another bolt sticking into the same hobgoblin, this time out of his forearm. The strike seems to have stopped the hobgoblin in the midst of a prayer.

[JadedDM]: Axe-Man's turn.

[JadedDM]: The hobgoblin with the axe charges forward, straight at Draven.  He swings his axe forward, catching her in the arm slightly.

[JadedDM]: Swordsman’s turn.

[JadedDM]: The hobgoblin with the sword was in the midst of a prayer when Christophe shot him.  He tries to gather his wits.

[JadedDM]: Psyche's turn.

[Psyche]: Psyche pulls out a glass rod and a bit of animal fur as she quickly chants the words to her spell. She rubs the fur up against the glass rod quickly before holding the glass rod up in the air, which seems to make the sky sound with thunder as a bolt of lightning strikes forward towards the hobgoblin with the halberd.

[Psyche]: [6d6] -> [5,3,6,4,5,4] = (27)

[Psyche]: Psyche's lightning bolt strikes Makin head on, which knocks him over dead on the ground, his hair sticking up on end. Shaka takes a bit of the blast, but is able to dodge just in time before it hurts her too terribly bad.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel's turn.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel prays loudly to her deity.  The clouds part a bit, and a beam of focus sunlight shines on the axeman, burning him slightly.

[JadedDM]: Shaka's turn.

[JadedDM]: Shaka gets off the ground mutters something, and her wounds seem to heal slightly.  She looks to her brother's charred corpse, and then turns her gaze to Psyche.

[JadedDM]: Eidos' turn.

[Eidos]: He finishes his prayer, and motes of sunlight float towards the hobgoblin with the long sword's weapon.

[JadedDM]: Draven's turn.

[JadedDM]: Draven readies her bow, takes aim, and fires.  The arrow flies over Makin's body and strikes a glancing blow to Shaka.

[JadedDM]: Draven's second strike.

[JadedDM]: Draven quickly nocks another arrow and fires.  This time, Shaka is ready for her and blocks it with her shield.

[JadedDM]: (Actions for Round 2?)

[Psyche]: Psyche, yet again begins to chant another spell.

[Psyche]: [1d10] -> [5] = (5)

[Christophe]: Christophe reloads and takes aim at the wounded swordsman once more.

[Christophe]: [1d10] -> [1] = (1)

[Eidos]: Eidos moves towards Draven and begins praying.

[Eidos]: [1d10] -> [7] = (7)

[JadedDM]: Psyche's turn.

[Psyche]: Psyche slowly moves her hands downward, starting from the top of her head, as she chants, a green shield moving down in front of her until it reaches her feet. It finally disappears just as soon as it appeared.

[JadedDM]: Christophe's turn.

[Christophe]: [1d20+3] -> [10,3] = (13)

[Christophe]: [1d4] -> [3] = (3)

[Christophe]: Christophe pulls the trigger once again. A bolt comes zooming out of the crossbow, striking the hobgoblin in the stomach this time. He wavers slightly, just managing to stay on his feet. Again, it appears the shot disrupted his magicks.

[JadedDM]: Swordsman’s turn.

[JadedDM]: Again, his prayer is disrupted.  He sways on his feet, when his sword suddenly becomes too hot to handle.  He screams out to D'lokka in pain before falling over.

[JadedDM]: Shaka's turn.

[JadedDM]: Shaka prays and puts her hands to her own chest.  Suddenly, all of her wounds are completely healed.

[JadedDM]: Axeman's turn.

[JadedDM]: He swings again at Draven, this time catching her in the leg.

[JadedDM]: Eidos' turn.

[Eidos]: Eidos removes the vial of clear liquid from a pouch on his belt again, and flicks a few sprinkles at Draven as the prayer finishes. Glowing ghostly vines climb over her person before fading from sight.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel's turn.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel sets a stone in her staff sling and flings it toward Shaka.  However, it misses its mark.

[JadedDM]: Draven's turn.

[JadedDM]: Draven counterattacks but the axeman is able to sidestep the strike.

[JadedDM]: Axeman's second strike.

[JadedDM]: He brings his axe down at Draven, but she manages to block it with her own weapon.

[JadedDM]: (Actions for Round 3?)

[Psyche]: Psyche begins chanting another spell.

[Psyche]: [1d10] -> [10] = (10)

[Christophe]: Christophe reloads, taking a point blank shot at the Axe-man.

[Christophe]: [1d10] -> [7] = (7)

[Eidos]: [1d10] -> [1] = (1)

[JadedDM]: Eidos' turn.

[Eidos]: Eidos draws his sickle and moves to stop anyone from getting to Psyche.

[JadedDM]: Nothing threatens Psyche at the moment.

[JadedDM]: Psyche's turn.

[Psyche]: Psyche chants the words to her spell towards Shaka, chanting loudly, yet nothing seems to happen once her spell is cast, nothing flashy or anything like that.

[JadedDM]: Axeman's turn.

[JadedDM]: He continues his assault on Draven, this time knocking her in the chin with the butt of his axe.  She wavers, but continues fighting.

[JadedDM]: Draven's turn.

[JadedDM]: She makes a swing at his legs, but he steps back to avoid it quickly.

[JadedDM]: Shaka's turn.

[JadedDM]: Shaka prays to her goddess, calling on vengeance for her fallen brother and all those the Rebels have slain.  The sky grows dark, and the clouds part before the party.  Shaka's eyes glow red as her voice grows louder and louder.

[JadedDM]: (I need everyone to give me a quick run-down of where they are standing.)

[Eidos]: Eidos is standing in front of Psyche by about 5 feet, weapon drawn.

[Psyche]: Psyche is apparently standing behind Eidos, or well behind everyone to be honest.

[Christophe]: He is standing to the left of the party, roughly 6' from Axe-man and Draven's melee.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel's eyes widen in terror, as she has seen this prayer before...in Edge Elm.  She turns to Psyche and calls out to her, but it's too late.  A thirty foot column of flame drops from the sky right toward Psyche and Eidos.  (I need a save for both of you.)

[Psyche]: [1d20] -> [6] = (6)

[Eidos]: [1d20] -> [8] = (8)

[Eidos]: Eidos collapses.

[Psyche]: Psyche is consumed by flame for a moment; her screams can be heard throughout the arena before her charred body crumbles to the ground.

[JadedDM]: The audience goes nuts, cheering for Shaka.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel's turn.

[Eidos]: His body is still intact, though badly burned.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel drops her weapon and pulls out her rod.  "Psyche!  No!"

[Christophe]: "Cruk!! NO!" Christophe looks on in dismay, his face contorted with anger.

[JadedDM]: Draven's second strike.

[JadedDM]: Draven slashes across the axeman's torso, nearly knocking him backwards.

[JadedDM]: Christophe’s turn.

[Christophe]: [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19)

[Christophe]: [1d4] -> [2] = (2)

[Christophe]: Christophe shoots at the Axe-man, point blank, the bolt making a sickening thud up against his side. His body contorts to absorb the blow.

[JadedDM]: (Actions for Round 4.)

[Eidos]: Eidos lies about and bleeds.

[Psyche]: Psyche is going to lay there badly burned and probably bleeding from the burns she has received.

[Christophe]: "Draven! Get that BITCH, Shaka! The only good Kaurath is a DEAD one! I've got this one!" He drops his crossbow and withdraws the quarterstaff, striking at the Axe-man.

[Christophe]: [1d10] -> [5] = (5)

[JadedDM]: Axeman's turn.

[JadedDM]: Seeing Draven leave and Christophe step in, the Axeman turns to him.  He swings his axe toward the older man's head, but Christophe is able to throw up his buckler at the last minute to stop it.

[JadedDM]: Christophe's turn.

[Christophe]: [1d20+1] -> [10,1] = (11)

[Christophe]: [1d6] -> [2] = (2)

[Christophe]: While blocking a mighty axe blow with his buckler on his right arm, Christophe manages to get a swing in at the exposed midsection of the Axe-man with his left hand. The staff blow knocks the wind out of him.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel's turn.

[JadedDM]: "Nalsa!" she cries, practically a prayer in itself, pointing the rod at Psyche.  A golden beam fires from it and surrounds the wounded sorceress, bringing her to.

[JadedDM]: Draven's turn.

[JadedDM]: Draven rushes up to the praying Shaka, and swings at her.  However, Shaka is able to avoid the strike and still maintain concentration on her prayer.

[Psyche]: Psyche opens her eyes slowly, looking around the arena in a confused state for a moment, yet the pain of the burns brings her back to reality yet she fears moving for hurting herself more.

[JadedDM]: Axeman's second turn.

[JadedDM]: The hobgoblin, still catching his breath, swings wildly at Christophe.  In the process, he loses the grip on his axe and it falls to the ground.

[JadedDM]: (Actions for Round 5?)

[Psyche]: Psyche pushes herself up so that she can get the hell away from the spells and whatever else Shaka might throw at them.

[Psyche]: [1d10] -> [7] = (7)

[Christophe]: Christophe waits for the hobgoblin to make a move for his fallen weapon, and then attempts to bring the staff down upon his skull with maximum force.

[Christophe]: [1d10] -> [8] = (8)

[JadedDM]: Psyche's turn.

[Psyche]: Psyche limps towards the doors that she entered from, figuring she can be somewhat safe there.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel's turn.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel quickly turns to Eidos and uses another charge of her rod.  "Nalsa!"

[Eidos]: Eidos coughs into the dirt, crawling to his knees and getting his bearings.

[JadedDM]: Shaka's turn.

[JadedDM]: Shaka continues her prayer, ending with pricking her finger and allowing a drop of blood fall to the ground.  Suddenly, to your surprise, the bodies of Makin and the fallen priest start to move and stand back up.

[JadedDM]: Christophe's turn.

[Christophe]: [1d20+1] -> [7,1] = (8)

[Psyche]: Psyche's eyes widen. "No, no, no!" she cries out.

[Christophe]: [1d6] -> [4] = (4)

[Christophe]: As predicted, the hobgoblin made a move for his weapon. When he does, Christophe brings his staff down upon the back of the hobgoblin's head. Rather disgusting crunching noises are heard, but the Axe-man is still kicking.

[JadedDM]: Axeman's turn.

[JadedDM]: The hobgoblin nearly falls over from the head-blow, but manages to compose himself, grab his weapon, and put some distance between the two combatants to steady himself.

[JadedDM]: Draven's turn.

[JadedDM]: Draven strikes again at Shaka, but her armor protects her fully.  The mercenary snarls out in frustration.

[JadedDM]: Draven's second strike.

[JadedDM]: This time, Draven spots an opening and goes for it.  She knocks the priestess back a step with the blow.

[Christophe]: "DISTRACT HER! Remember the plan!!!"

[JadedDM]: (Actions for Round 6?)

[Psyche]: Psyche is going to stand near the wall, as she is pretty much useless at this point and time.

[Psyche]: [1d10] -> [6] = (6)

[Psyche]: "Kestrel...show us Azedeth's power," she mutters softly as she looks out in horror towards the others.

[Eidos]: Eidos struggles to his feet and moves back a little, gaping at the undead. He sways and takes a step forward. He raises his holy symbol of a wood carving of holly into the air. "Elonna... Protect us."

[Christophe]: Christophe dives in at Axe-man, trying to finish his opponent off for good.

[Christophe]: [1d10] -> [2] = (2)

[Eidos]: [1d10] -> [5] = (5)

[JadedDM]: Zombie Swordsman’s turn.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel, who is standing between the wounded and the zombies, faces the first one.  The zombie shambles over and grabs her arm, managing to take a nice bite into it before she can get it away from him.

[JadedDM]: Christophe's turn.

[Christophe]: [1d20+1] -> [6,1] = (7)

[Christophe]: Christophe charges forward, but has too much momentum, his swing going over a ducking Axe-man.

[JadedDM]: Zombie Makin's turn.

[JadedDM]: He also shambles up to Kestrel, slashing at her across her face.

[JadedDM]: Eidos' turn.

[Eidos]: [1d20] -> [6] = (6)

[Eidos]: (Well he's an unlucky chap.)

[Eidos]: Eidos falls backwards, unable to channel the flow of heavenly power correctly.

[JadedDM]: Shaka's turn.

[JadedDM]: Shaka now turns her attention to Draven.  She readies her sword and strikes.  The mercenary just barely sidesteps the slash, and a couple of stray hairs are lost as a result.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel's turn.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel, though wounded, holds up her emblem--a golden sun--into the air.  "Azedeth, Lord of Light!  Drive these creatures of evil away!"  The symbol flares with a sudden light, and both zombies back away in fear.

[JadedDM]: Psyche's turn.

[Psyche]: Psyche stands there, trying to think quickly on what to do before everyone dies.

[JadedDM]: Axeman's turn.

[JadedDM]: He feints to the left, and then attempts to strike at Christophe's right.  But the human sees the ruse for what it is, and uses his own weapon to block the attack.

[JadedDM]: Draven's turn.

[JadedDM]: Draven recovers from the haircut, and then attempts an upward vertical slash with her axe.  Suddenly, the head of the axe bursts into a shimmering grey light.  The blow knocks Shaka backward a few steps, but she recovers.  Draven's wounds heal considerably.

[Psyche]: Psyche's eyes widen even more. "I...I can't believe it," she mutters, taking notice of Draven's axe.

[JadedDM]: Shaka's second strike.

[JadedDM]: Shaka, confused by what just happened, but also outraged, counters.  She slashes across Draven's torso, sending the mercenary back a few steps.

[JadedDM]: Axeman's second strike.

[JadedDM]: The hobgoblin gets in a scathing blow.

[Christophe]: Christophe takes a long scratch up his left arm. It stings like crazy, but the warrior fights through the discomfort.

[JadedDM]: (Actions for Round 7?)

[Psyche]: Psyche continues to stand there.

[Psyche]: [1d10] -> [3] = (3)

[JadedDM]: (By the way, Bless has ended now.)

[Eidos]: Eidos backs away.

[Eidos]: [1d10] -> [1] = (1)

[Christophe]: Christophe winds up and swings for the fences on axe-wielding hobgoblin.

[Christophe]: [1d10] -> [2] = (2)

[JadedDM]: Eidos' turn.

[Eidos]: Eidos backs away from the fight.

[JadedDM]: Psyche's turn.

[Psyche]: Psyche stays where she is.

[JadedDM]: Christophe's turn.

[Christophe]: [1d20] -> [3] = (3)

[Christophe]: Christophe, however, strikes out, swinging too high allowing the hobgoblin to dodge the blow.

[JadedDM]: Zombie Swordsman’s turn.

[JadedDM]: He stays just outside the range of Kestrel's turning, unable to get closer.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel's turn.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel keeps her holy symbol aloft, keeping the zombies away from Eidos and Psyche.

[JadedDM]: Zombie Makin's turn.

[JadedDM]: He does the same as the other zombie, moaning in complaint that he can’t get closer.

[JadedDM]: Axeman's turn.

[JadedDM]: The axeman, though starting to look tired, continues fighting.  He slams the butt of his axe into Christophe's gut.

[Christophe]: Christophe winces and doubles over.. "Ahhh you son of a..."

[JadedDM]: Shaka's turn.

[JadedDM]: Shaka cuts deeply into Draven, more than making up for the life energy she stole from Shaka.  "Fools!  You have all ready lost!  Surrender, and I may spare your lives and sell you into slavery instead!"

[JadedDM]: Draven's turn.

[JadedDM]: Draven steps back and spats out some blood.  "I have a better idea.  Why don't you surrender, and maybe we'll spare YOUR life."  She feints, then spots an opening and slashes across Shaka's chest.  The priestess stumbles back, now looking rather weak.

[Christophe]: Christophe, hunched over in pain, looks over to Shaka and Draven... "Or maybe we'll spare the life of your son, you wicked Kaurath..."

[Psyche]: Psyche finally pushes herself away from the wall. "You know, the son no one knows about." she calls out to the priestess.

[JadedDM]: Shaka's second strike.

[Eidos]: Eidos remains back at the wall.

[JadedDM]: Shaka:  "No...impossible.  I refuse to be beaten by you!"  In an act of desperation, she swings forward, catching Draven unguarded with a lucky strike.  She slices deeply into Draven's shoulder, causing the mercenary to drop to her knees, and then fall over.  Shaka stands there, sword in hand, panting.  "I will destroy you all!"

[Christophe]: "NO! No, no, no.... Kestrel.... heal her!" He ignores the winded Axe-man and charges at Shaka.

[Psyche]: "Kabaq calls for his mother!" She watches as Draven's drops. "It all depends on you, Shaka! Surrender and your son can be yours again, don't surrender and we will convert him! Christophe! Stop!"

[JadedDM]: Shaka:  "How...how can you know that...?"  She puts her sword into the ground.  "No matter...I am not done yet.  I will make sure you take that secret to your grave!"  She begins to pray.

[Psyche]: "Someone stop her!"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "I can't heal her!" she cries out, as she's holding back the two zombies at the moment.

[JadedDM]: (Actions for Round 8?)

[Psyche]: Psyche can only stand there defenseless.

[Psyche]: [1d10] -> [2] = (2)

[Christophe]: Christophe continues a charge at Shaka, taking the best damn swing he's got.

[Eidos]: (How sunny is it? Not at all?)

[Christophe]: [1d10] -> [5] = (5)

[JadedDM]: (It's cloudy.)

[Eidos]: (So, overcast as far as the eye can see, or parts of sun shining in?)

[JadedDM]: (Pretty much overcast.  Kestrel and Shaka had prayers that interfered with that, but the gaps closed back up when the prayers ended.)

[Eidos]: Eidos moves up and tosses his sickle at Shaka, just to disrupt her prayer.

[Eidos]: [1d10] -> [10] = (10)

[Eidos]: (There goes that idea =P)

[JadedDM]: Kestrel's turn.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel maintains the turn, keeping the zombies at bay.  Unfortunately, here comes the axeman toward her.

[JadedDM]: Psyche's turn.

[Psyche]: Psyche stands there, knowing she can't do anything unless she had some kind of weapon, yet she doesn't.

[JadedDM]: Christophe's turn.

[Christophe]: [1d20] -> [18] = (18)

[JadedDM]: *ker-blink*

[Psyche]: (Oh, I could hug you!)

[Christophe]: [1d6] -> [6] = (6)

[Christophe]: Christophe charges in at Shaka, bellowing out a war cry like only a true maniac could. He swings and connects firmly, catching her right in the jaw, sending a spray of teeth and blood flying. "And I hope your father felt that one in the depths of HELL!!!"

[Eidos]: (Yay Christophe!)

[JadedDM]: Shaka stumbles back a step, woozy.  Suddenly, her grey cloak turns blood red and she falls backwards.  The entire arena is filled with empty silence.

[Psyche]: Psyche stares up ahead. "Damn it..." she actually kicks at the ground.

[JadedDM]: Even Guko is at a loss for words.  The two zombies drop, and the axeman stands there gawking like an idiot.

[Eidos]: Eidos smiles. "That is very nice."

[JadedDM]: Guko:  "I...uh....they...she....uh...."

[Christophe]: Christophe drops his staff and unties his cloak. He dives to his knees and frantically uses the cloak to stem the bleeding from Draven's wounds.... "Well don't just stand there like a bunch of goons! Help me!"

[JadedDM]: Christophe manages to stop the blood flow and stabilize the unconscious Draven.  Once the undead are dispatched, Kestrel hurries over to her, as well.

[JadedDM]: The audience begins to react.  At first, it's a low murmur, but then this grows louder and louder into protests of outrage.

[Psyche]: Psyche watches Christophe with Draven and Kestrel, yet isn't sure what to do at this point and time now.

[Christophe]: Christophe backs away from her once Kestrel is there. He stands, wiping the sweat from his forehead... then realizes every eye in the arena is staring at him...He picks up his quarterstaff and continues regarding the crowd...

[JadedDM]: Kestrel looks to Christophe.  "She'll be okay."  She stands and checks on Shaka.

[Eidos]: He sits down with his back to the wall, looking at the crowd.

[JadedDM]: A pair of priests suddenly rush out to Shaka.  They shoo Kestrel away, put her on a stretcher of sorts, and carry her away.

[JadedDM]: Guko:  "Well...it would seem...uh...that the Rebels have...uh....won?  Thankyouallforwatchingwe'llbebackagainnextyear!" he blurts out then rushes off.

[Christophe]: Christophe then raises the staff victoriously in the air... "LONG LIVE THE REVOLUTION!!!"

[Psyche]: Psyche looks sharply to Christophe. "I really don't want a riot!"

[JadedDM]: The audience shouts, screams, and even throws a few things.

[JadedDM]: Lukia emerges.  "Hurry...back to your room, now!"

[Psyche]: Psyche turns quickly to Lukia and actually does as she is told.

[Christophe]: He turns around and looks at Psyche, wolf-like... "You wanted them to know who did this... YOU GOT IT!"  He turns to gather his bow, then to help Kestrel with Draven.

[Eidos]: Eidos picks himself up and hobbles after the woman with the nice spectacles.

[Psyche]: "Well! I don't want to die in the process of letting them know either!" she calls back.

[JadedDM]: The party hurries back to their room with Lukia.  Upon arriving, they set Draven down on her bed and Kestrel looks over her.  They also notice that Toby is missing.

[Psyche]: Psyche plops down on her own bed.

[JadedDM]: Lukia:  "Uh....wait here....for now."  She closes the door behind her when she leaves.

[Christophe]: Christophe exhales. "Alright. We need to be prepared to retreat with haste from this place."

[Psyche]: "With Draven out of it, we can't really do much, Christophe."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Draven cannot travel in this condition....unless....," she bites her lip.

[Psyche]: "Unless what?" She really doesn't sound like the happiest of people right now.

[Christophe]: Christophe moves face to face with Kestrel. "Unless what?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Well, if I use another charge of the rod...."

[Christophe]: "Yes....?"

[Psyche]: "If she uses another charge she might not be able to use it ever again."

[Eidos]: Eidos sits down on a bed, rubbing his eyes with his hands. "Fun. It's a pity though; I didn't want to send him to the grave, that man. Or anyone."

[Christophe]: Christophe sighs deeply. "We may all perish if we don't escape.... and I... I care about her deeply. I'm begging you, Kestrel... I need you to use the rod one more time.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel chews on her lip some more, clearly torn.  "All right."  She pulls out the rod and taps Draven with it lightly.  "Nalsa."

[Psyche]: "And you plan on escaping in the middle of the day?"

[JadedDM]: Draven's eyes flutter open...and then she sits up abruptly.  "Frell!"

[Christophe]: "Do you think we can afford to wait until nightfall? I surely don't..."

[Psyche]: "There is a crowd of people who want us dead. If we leave right now, we will surely die."

[JadedDM]: Draven suddenly grabs Kestrel by the collar.  "Bitch!  You'll never take my son!  I'll see you all dead!"

[Christophe]: "And if we don't leave right now, they will surely find us and batter the door down to kill us..."

[Psyche]: "I suggest we just wa..." She turns quickly to Draven and Kestrel. "Draven! Let her go!"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel flails in surprise, trying to get away from the mercenary.

[Christophe]: "Wha....? Hey, hey, hey! Draven! Snap out of it!"

[Eidos]: Eidos looks at Draven, but fails to move. "This was not a good idea, I think."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel manages to get Draven's hands off of her and attempts to pin her down.  Draven continues to rant, but she seems to get weaker, until she barely struggles at all.  "No...not my son...not my son..."

[Christophe]: "Draven... rest... rest..," he caresses her hair for a moment, then looks at Kestrel apologetically.

[Psyche]: Psyche stands up, moving over to Draven, placing a hand lightly on her shoulder. "Draven...listen to me....you are not Shaka. You do not have a son, but you have her memories of one."

[JadedDM]: Draven looks up to Psyche, tears in her eyes.  "He means everything to me...he must carry on the family name...the proud Kauraths...."

[Psyche]: Psyche looks to the others for a moment. "Nothing is going to happen to your son...if....if you can give us information." She will play along with it.

[Eidos]: "That poor woman..."

[Christophe]: Christophe slowly backs away from the bed while the two women talk. He carefully picks up the fallen Soul-Biter and inspects it cautiously.

[JadedDM]: The axe is cold to the touch when Christophe picks it up, as if someone left it out in the cold too long.  It has strange runes carved all over the blade.

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "My son...my son..," she continues, again and again, delirious.

[Psyche]: Psyche isn't even sure what to do. "Draven...please...snap out of it."

[Christophe]: Christophe notices Eidos looking at him, and makes a 'shush' motion with his hands to his mouth... He takes the axe over to the bed that used to belong to Talthul and places it underneath the soiled mattress.

[JadedDM]: There is a knock at the door.

[JadedDM]: Draven suddenly goes quiet, and just stares upward at the ceiling, as if fascinating by something up there.

[Psyche]: Psyche takes a deep breath before she moves to the door and slowly opens it.

[Christophe]: Christophe then moves back to Draven, caressing her hair again. "It's okay... it's over now..."

[JadedDM]: On the other side of the door are three hobgoblins armed with chain mail and long swords.  They have their swords drawn.  They push Psyche in, letting themselves enter.  Someone follows them inside--it is none other than Shaka, still looking a bit beaten and bruised, but rather alive.

[Psyche]: Psyche is pushed back in complete and utter surprise, staring at the hobgoblin woman.

[Christophe]: "Crukking hell..." He absently moves for his quarterstaff...

[Eidos]: Eidos bows his head a bit to Shaka. "Sorry."

[JadedDM]: Shaka, swaying slightly, speaks.  "Lower your weapons.  I am not here to fight."  You notice her cloak is now grey again.

[Psyche]: Psyche motions for Christophe to do so. "How is it possible?"

[Christophe]: Christophe lowers his staff, but doesn't drop it. He clutches it to his chest.

[JadedDM]: Shaka looks to Psyche darkly, but ignores her question.  "You....you are cowards and thieves--scoundrels and anarchists.  You fight against the law and order of this land, and would have us plunge into chaos!"  She coughs.  "And yet, you have beaten me fairly.  And for that, I honor you."  She takes off her cloak, and tosses it to their feet.  "Your prize."

[Psyche]: "Perhaps we are cowards and thieves, but we still know your secret."

[JadedDM]: If looks could kill, Psyche would be at -50 hp right now.  But Shaka maintains her composure.  "I do not know how you found out...but...the fact that you have not exposed it suggests you intend to blackmail me."

[Eidos]: "I disagree; I must say I'm not a coward or a thief. Are you? Maybe I joined the wrong group..."

[Psyche]: "Eidos, be quiet." She keeps her eyes on Shaka. "We never had the intention of kill you, but we knew you would not surrender willingly."

[JadedDM]: Shaka:  "I would sooner die than surrender to the likes of you."

[Eidos]: He brings a hand to his head. "Blackmail, really though. That's devious. I am having second thoughts."

[Psyche]: "Exactly, being the wife of the Overlord, it makes sense." She crosses her arms. "But Kabaq is your son, the Overlord's son. Do you realize how many people would want that information? How many other Overlords would want that information? Think of the attempts on his life."

[JadedDM]: Shaka takes a step forward, her rage barely contained.  "I know the consequences, human.  Just get on with it.  You demean us both by dragging this out."

[Psyche]: "The agents, we are missing one. The one in Moonshadow, Pride Mountains , Janus, and Dan'gen we know, but the other we do not. We also want your word of honor that you will not assist your husband as an agent any longer."

[JadedDM]: Shaka grunts and says a rather nasty swear word in hobgoblin.  "You ask too much!"

[Psyche]: "The life of your son is never too much."

[JadedDM]: Shaka:  "How do I know you would even honor your word?"

[Eidos]: He swipes a bit of hair out of his eyes and scowls.

[Psyche]: "I have yet to actually tell anyone about your son as of yet. If I was not going to keep my word, then I would have told this whole arena by now."

[JadedDM]: Shaka scowls.  "I tell you this...only because I believe it will lead you to your death.  The person you seek is in the town of Teal ."

[Psyche]: "I need a name."

[JadedDM]: Shaka growls.  "Her name is...Ceara."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel's eyes widen and she quickly looks to Psyche.

[Psyche]: Psyche takes a few steps back upon hearing that name. "And....and your word of honor?" She is trying her damnest to remain in control of herself at this point and time, but is so very obviously shaken.

[JadedDM]: Shaka:  "Very well....but know this, one day, I will meet with you again, Agent or no...and we will settle things once and for all."

[Psyche]: Psyche quickly nods to the hobgoblin, more than anything wanting her out of this room.

[JadedDM]: Shaka gives them all one last death glance, then leaves, her entourage following.

[Eidos]: "Why bother waiting?" He looks at the ceiling in thought, after Shaka leaves. "Then again, why not?" He looks down at the cloak. "Whose is that, then? Christophe's?"

[Psyche]: Psyche closes the door once they leave. She leans her forehead up against the door.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Psyche...are you okay?"

[Christophe]: Christophe picks it up. "No... but I need to talk to you all about something." He regards the cloak with caution once again.

[JadedDM]: Draven groans.  "Christophe?"

[Psyche]: Psyche slowly shakes her head in answer to Kestrel. She can't exactly find the right words to say at the moment.

[Christophe]: Christophe moves to her side. "I'm here... I'm here…"

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Did we....win?"

[Christophe]: Christophe smiles and kisses her on the forehead. "We won.... actually, I saved your sorry butt. So you owe me double now."

[JadedDM]: Draven grunts in pain, but says nothing else.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Psyche...maybe this is not coincidence."

[Christophe]: "Sleep for awhile, okay?"

[Psyche]: "And what is that suppose to mean?" She lifts her head to look to Kestrel. "My sister....is an agent."

[Eidos]: "Does being devious run in the family then?" He stands up, and then sits back down.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "I mean...I mean that...Azedeth always gives us tests of faith and strength.  Maybe this is yours."

[Psyche]: Psyche turns quickly on Eidos. "Get out!" She screams.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel quickly puts her hands on Psyche's shoulders.  "Psyche, please...stay clam."

[Psyche]: "Would you stay calm if you found out that...Daeval was actually an agent of the Overlord and you were ordered to...neutralize him?"

[Eidos]: "I don't think my legs work anymore. The fire truly hurt." He looks at his burnt and ruined clothes and frowns again.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Daeval is...dead, Psyche."  She sighs.  "And neutralize does not necessarily mean kill."

[Psyche]: "Yes, but it will turn out that way! You've seen how all of the agents work, why would she be any different?"

[Eidos]: "It is my opinion that if there is any good in one child, it runs through the others." He nods his head. "I need new clothes. Didn't Shaka just survive?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Psyche...you told me you wished to find and reform your sister.  You now have that opportunity."

[Christophe]: Christophe waits until Draven is at least half-asleep and then joins the others, his arms folded, and his left arm still stinging.

[Psyche]: Psyche looks down to the ground, while Kestrel does have a point, she has no idea how she would do that and very little faith that it would actually work at the moment.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Psyche...have faith.  I believe this is a test, and Azedeth rewards those who are faithful."

[Eidos]: "Listen to her, she's probably right. Is it alright if I sleep in this bed?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel looks to Eidos.  "Uh...v-very well."  She pulls out the EverSteaming Bottle.  "I suppose we all will need some rest tonight."

[Eidos]: (Is Eidos on Kestrel's bed?)

[Psyche]: Psyche walks over to her own bed and lays down, fiddling with the broken ring hanging from her neck.

[JadedDM]: (It doesn't really matter who sleeps in which bed.)

[JadedDM]: Kestrel looks to Christophe.  "Christophe...you had something to say?"

[Christophe]: Christophe stares at her for a moment, and then leans in with a hushed tone. "Draven's axe... it has to go."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel looks around at the others, than back to Christophe.  "That is a decision Draven must choose to make."

[Christophe]: Christophe shakes his head. "She won't do it. She doesn't understand that the 'power' it gives her is actually taking her sanity away from her... you just now felt the effects yourself. She was knocked out at the end of the fight... we just have to tell her Shaka claimed the axe for herself... or destroyed it... before the fight was over."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel sighs.  "I've only known Draven about four months now, but...I know her well enough to predict she will not give it up that easily.  She depends on it, heavily."

[Christophe]: Christophe holds the prize cloak up to Kestrel. "You think this will be a good enough replacement? I don't know what it does, but it obviously has some mystical quality to it, since it seemed to save Shaka from death.... and... if push comes to shove, I'll accept responsibility for my actions alone. She may hate me forever for doing it... but I care about her too much to see her throw her mind away for 'power'."

[Psyche]: Psyche speaks softly, sounding rather distant. "You are not one to decide if she gets to keep it or not, Christophe, despite how much you care for her."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel looks to Psyche.  "Only Psyche will be able to determine its properties."  This seems to remind her or something.  She reaches into her pocket and pulls out a pipe.  "And this, as well."

[Eidos]: Eidos swipes a bit of hair out of his eyes. "I think, Christophe is right after all."

[Christophe]: "But I'm going to decide because I actually have the guts to stand up and say that the damn axe is dangerous. You know what she's got in her head right now?! Just think... down the line... what if it completely corrupts her mind, huh? What if she turns on us with that axe, thinking that she's actually Shaka or some pawn of the Overlord? Then what? She'd be UNSTOPPABLE.... and by the gods, I am not going to be turned on by a friend ever again."

[Psyche]: Psyche sits up turning to look to Christophe. "I am not going to fight with you on this. I realize you care about her, but she will not want you making decisions for her, and that is what you are doing right now. It is only a matter of controlling the power she has, and to control that power we need more knowledge."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel sighs.  "Even if you succeed in deceiving her, what would you do with the axe?"

[Christophe]: "I don't know... pawn it off... hide it.... destroy it... can it even be destroyed?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "I do not know."

[Eidos]: "Bury it."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "But I'm not sure how I feel about letting it fall into the wrong hands."

[Psyche]: Psyche watches the three of them, falling silent.

[Christophe]: "How long has she been using the thing, anyway?"

[Eidos]: "Of course we'd have to tell her what we did."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "As long as I've known her."  She looks to Psyche.  "You have known her longer, yes?"

[Psyche]: "She has had it ever since we broke into the Stronghold to get Amakororo and Vanessa."

[Christophe]: "So it's been corrupting her for months and months and still we're no closer to understanding how it works? I do hate to make a choice for someone, but I cannot help but feel obliged here. We need her to continue fighting for the Rebels. She would be no good to the resistance movement if she went completely insane."

[Psyche]: "She won't go completely insane. It is only a matter of control. I've done all I can on the axe. The only thing we can do now is take it to the people who made it."

[Christophe]: "The people who made it?"

[Psyche]: "The gray dwarves in the Pride Mountains ."

[Christophe]: Christophe's expression is icy. "Then... she doesn't have to lose the axe... if we go there."

[Psyche]: "We have to go there anyway. There is an agent there."

[Eidos]: "Ah, the mountains. They're beautiful you know. Quite opposite to their history."

[Christophe]: "Fine." He shakes his head, the venom and adrenaline from earlier starting to drain from him.

[Psyche]: "We leave tomorrow morning. In the meantime, you return Draven's axe to her."

[Christophe]: "I'll give it to her in the morning, thank you very much." He moves back to where Draven rests to check on her.

[Psyche]: "I hope this does not turn out to be a problem." She lays back down on her bed, curling up.

[JadedDM]: Draven is resting peacefully.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel opens the EverSteaming Bottle.  "Everyone rest.  Things will look better in the morning."

[Christophe]: Christophe eventually passes out on his own bed.

[JadedDM]: (We'll end here for tonight.)

 

Back to Renosia II