Session 19:
Ogre Battle

 

 

[JadedDM]: It is Onix 24th, Sparkday; 665.  You waken in your room (everyone gains 1 hp except Talthul).  Kestrel is missing, but there is a note on her bed.

[Psyche]: Psyche yawns as she wakes, stretching a bit and glancing around the room. She frowns upon noticing Kestrel gone, yet she reaches over to grab the note on her bed to read it over.

[Christophe]: Having stumbled into the room late in the night, Christophe awakens and immediately reaches for his waterskin. "Ugh..... Damn dry mouth."

[Talthul]: Talthul munches noisily on the last of his rations. He somehow makes the eating of jerky a crunchy sound. As he breaks reason in twain, he looks on innocently.

[JadedDM]: Draven awakens and stretches.  She runs a hand through her now messy hair and grumbles.

[Psyche]: "Have a late night, Christophe?" She places the note in front of her before looking towards Christophe.

[Christophe]: Christophe uses his forearm to wipe away the excess water and then rubs his left temple for a moment. The grunt he gives Psyche is apparently a positive.

[JadedDM]: Draven smirks at Christophe faintly.  She slips out of bed and begins putting on her scale mail in preparation for the upcoming fight.

[Psyche]: Psyche looks slightly amused at that. "Draven, I forgot to ask, was there anything left from that pearl?"

[Guk]: The cowardly canine sleeps soundly on the floor next to Talthul.

[JadedDM]: Draven is busy strapping on her armor, but she answers.  "Nope.  It took all of it."

[Talthul]: Talthul pokes at his numerous wounds, and holes in his armor. Every time he pokes a wound he mutters "Ow."

[Christophe]: Christophe cracks his neck and then stands, reaching for his washed-out leather armor.

[Psyche]: Psyche digs around in her pack for her rations and her waterskin, so that she can have some breakfast, if that is what one wishes to call it. "You are going to make your wounds worse, Talthul," she states absently.

[JadedDM]: Draven begins braiding her hair into two long pigtails.  "This should be a good fight.  Been a long time since I fought an ogre."

[Talthul]: "Talthul no fight ogre before. Not even hear any stories."

[Christophe]: Christophe is now fiddling about with his crossbow, checking the aim. He doesn't look away from the weapon as he speaks. "You fight a lot of ogres?"

[JadedDM]: Draven finishes one braid and then pauses.  "Well...not a lot.  Just once, actually.  And I had help.  But I was still a rookie then."

[JadedDM]: There is a knock at the door.

[Psyche]: Psyche looks up from her eating before standing and walking over to the door and opens it quietly.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel is on the other side, carrying a small sack with her.  "Morning," she says.

[Psyche]: "Morning." She stares at the sack for a moment before stepping aside to let the priestess within the room. "What is in the sack?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel enters.  "Just a few things," she says.  She approaches Talthul.  "How are you feeling today?"

[JadedDM]: Draven begins on the second braid absently.

[Talthul]: Talthul looks up at Kestrel from his sitting position. "Talthul hurt." He pokes another wound and says "Ow."

[Psyche]: Psyche closes the door once she is inside then heads back over to her bed to sit back down. "I don't know a lot about ogres." she finally admits. "So I'm not sure what to expect."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "At least you can move your arms now."  She sets the sack on his lap.  "Happy Birthday."

[JadedDM]: Draven finishes the second braid.  "Not much to know.  They're strong, big...but very dumb."

[Psyche]: "What about half ogres? Didn't someone say something about a half ogre being in this battle?"

[Christophe]: Sitting on the edge of his bed with his bow, Christophe turns his head sideways to look at Kestrel and Talthul. "Birthday?"

[Talthul]: Talthul squeals with glee and opens the pack. "Thank!"

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Never met one of those.  Probably smaller and smarter."

[JadedDM]: Inside the bag is about five packs of pipe weed and three small blocks of cheddar cheese.  Kestrel smiles.  "I know it's not much, but I was a little short on money."

[Talthul]: Talthul grins widely and pops some of the cheese into his mouth. "Taste good."

[Psyche]: "Hmmm." she nods slightly before turning her attention to Kestrel and Talthul, looking rather surprised. "...Happy Birthday." She lets a small smile creep upon her lips.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel then pulls out the Rod of Curing from her backpack.  "And this should help you feel better."  She points the wand at the hobgoblin and says "Nalsa!"  A golden ray emits from the rod and shimmers around, Talthul, healing his wounds.

[Talthul]: Talthul eagerly digs about his possessions for his pipe and sticks it in his mouth. He takes some of the pipe weed and puts it in the pipe. Excited by the healing he leaps to his feet and steps on Guk's tail.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel walks over to her bed and sits down.  "Psyche..."

[Guk]: Guk yelps loudly and dashes around the room in a fright, whining all the way before finding a corner to hide in.

[JadedDM]: (I guess this means he did return after running off last night?)

[Talthul]: (Yeah)

[Psyche]: "What?" she jumps slightly at Guk's yelping, yet she keeps her attention on Kestrel.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "You wish to take Shaka alive, right?"

[Talthul]: With the pipe in his mouth, Talthul walks around puffing at it. "Not working..."

[Psyche]: "Right."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "You have to light it, moron," she says, finishing with her hair.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Is this only for your atonement?"

[Talthul]: "Uhhhhhh.... How is Talthul light it?"

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "With fire," she says with shortening patience.

[Talthul]: "Talthul not have fire."

[Psyche]: "Not exactly." She looks down at the blanket she sits upon for a moment, wondering how to put it. "I've been thinking about what Jerros said and I don't think he would go about killing all of the agents of the Overlord."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "But as the others pointed out before, if we let her live, don't we risk letting her continue her work?"

[Talthul]: Talthul looks around for a fire to light his pipe with.

[Psyche]: "We do."

[JadedDM]: Draven grunts.  "Ask Psyche.  She's the one who lights the candles at night."  She walks to the other side of the room to pick up her basinet helm and Soul Biter.

[Talthul]: Talthul moves over to Psyche and holds his pipe out to her. "Fire, please."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "And how will we take her alive?  Do you have a plan?"

[Psyche]: "Not a very good one, if at all." She looks up at Talthul for a moment before taking the pipe from him, muttering a little rhyme that has something to do with fire in hopes of lighting the pipe weed.

[Psyche]: [1d20] -> [8] = (8)

[Psyche]: Psyche lights the pipe and hands it back to Talthul. "There you go."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "You said something about her surrendering, right?"

[Christophe]: Christophe unsheathes his quarterstaff and slaps the wood against the palm of his hand. He absently pulls a few splinters from the weapon.

[Psyche]: "Right. Priests of D'lokka are honorable. If they know they are bested, they will surrender."

[Talthul]: Talthul squeals with joy again and hops around a little before breathing deeply from his pipe. The hobgoblin's mirth is killed by a monstrous hacking fit.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Or, she will choose to die instead.  That is also honorable."

[Psyche]: "That is true, she could."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "I would guess she will.  It's too much of a risk for her to fall into our hands.  If the tables were turned, I would sooner choose to die then risk aiding the enemy by falling into their hands."

[JadedDM]: Draven sniffs the air.  "Huh.  The smell of pipe weed is still better than Talthul's body odor.  A vast improvement."

[Psyche]: "If we go along those lines, all of the Agents will probably do that. If that is the case, I can't really atone for anything."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel shakes her head.  "You give up far too easily, Psyche.  It is possible to make her surrender.  But in order to do so, we need leverage.  We need something she values more than her own life."

[Talthul]: Talthul lays on his back, coughing, the pipe still in his mouth. As he breathes in, he breathes some smoke in. Every time he breathes smoke in, he begins to cough. The pace of his coughing and breathing gradually increases until it is clear he has a problem.

[Psyche]: "We don't know anything about her though, Kestrel."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "I know.  We need more information."

[Psyche]: "And not very many people are going to give us that information."

[Christophe]: "She's a Kaurath." Christophe finally speaks up, revealing he was listening to their conversation the entire time. "That's all you need to know."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel frowns at Psyche's negative attitude, then looks to Christophe.  "What can you tell us about the Kaurath’s?"

[JadedDM]: Draven looks at Talthul.  "You fool...don't you even know how to smoke?  How the hell did you live this long?"

[Christophe]: Christophe looks at her with narrow eyes. "As you said... I believe with some degree of certainty that she would rather die honorably than even consider the thought of surrender. If she is anything like her father, she is far too proud to surrender."

[Psyche]: Psyche shakes her head before she looks over to Christophe.

[Talthul]: Talthul tries to answer, but ends up coughing even faster. He is making quite the racket.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "But nobody is a rock.  She must have a weakness--something that means more to her than honor or pride."

[Psyche]: "The only thing I could think of is maybe this arena."

[JadedDM]: Draven sighs and puts a hand to her forehead.  "Wait a minute, why am I even bothering with you?"  She turns and looks to the others who are now in a conversation.

[Christophe]: "Look at what she does... what she's involved with. She's surrounded by brutal death in this arena every day. I'd say that makes her pretty damn close to a rock."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "She may be.  But we need more information.  We have time before we face her.  I suggest we use it wisely."

[Christophe]: "Indeed. But we have to survive this fight in one piece before we can start thinking about that...."

[Talthul]: Talthul passes out from lack of oxygen and the pipe falls from his mouth. His saliva has bathed his hands and the front of him, with all of the coughing. He coughs some more in his unconscious state.

[JadedDM]: Draven looks over her shoulder, and then interrupts the others.  "The hobgoblin died," she says casually.

[Christophe]: Christophe turns to look at Talthul. "Is he.... he's just playing right?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel hurries over to him and bends down.  "He's not dead...he's still coughing."  She checks on him.

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Oh, c'mon...hobgoblins cough hours after they die.  Everyone knows that."

[Guk]: Guk finally creeps out of his corner to explore the room in a hesitant trot. He keeps his head down.

[Christophe]: Christophe slowly stands up now, watching Kestrel attend to Talthul, a slightly mortified look on his face.

[Psyche]: "Kestrel, while I see your point, where exactly are we going to start looking for this information?" she might be negative, but she does have a point. "We are the bad guys in this situation, so not many people are going to speak to us. The most we could do is...break into her room somehow and find maybe a journal or something." she looks over to Talthul. "Well, someone could always teach him how to smoke."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel helps Talthul up to his bed.  "Talthul, are you okay?" she asks, taking his chin in her hand and making him look at her.

[Psyche]: Psyche leans back on her bed watching the scene.

[Talthul]: Talthul blinks into consciousness, coughing on Kestrel slightly. "Tal," he coughs "All right."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel nods and pats his back to help.  She looks at the sorceress.  "Psyche, there is the matter of being subtle.  Naturally, I'm not suggesting we go around asking people what Shaka's weaknesses are."

[Talthul]: Talthul coughs again and nods, picking up his pipe, burning remnants of tobacco and all.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Talthul, perhaps you should wait until after the fight to uh...practice with your pipe."

[Psyche]: Psyche sighs softly, rubbing her forehead. "This is still going on if we can actually get people to talk to us."

[Talthul]: Talthul blows on the smoke coming from off of it, playing with it. "Talthul wait." He coughs some more.

[Christophe]: Christophe reaches into his pack and procures his rusted open-faced helm. The shoddy helm doesn't look like it could withstand a single blow. He walks over to Talthul and plunks it down on his head. "Here... This is my lucky helmet. It's kept me safe for many years. Wear it during the battle today... it should, gods willing, keep you out of trouble for once.  But whatever you do... don't take it off." He leans in close and whispers in Hobgoblin. "It's magic."

[JadedDM]: Draven pipes in.  "What about your magic?  You got that Bloodguard and that barkeeper to trust us."

[Psyche]: "I suppose I could charm another person, yet who? We don't know anyone who is close to Shaka. Our best place to start would be within that tavern. Barkeepers and even barmaids should know a little information."

[Talthul]: Talthul looks up at Christophe with a wide and fowl-smelling grin. "Thank! Talthul wear all time."

[Christophe]: Christophe returns a half-grin. He speaks in tongue. "Now listen to me... this is very important. This battle today is serious. I don't want you to immediately charge in if you're at a disadvantage, do you understand?"

[Talthul]: "Talthul not understand." He screws his brow up.

[JadedDM]: There is another knock at the door.

[Christophe]: Christophe rubs his chin. "Okay... if there's more than one of them. If they mean to gang up on you, don't rush in."

[Psyche]: Psyche pushes herself up off the bed and moves to open the door again for the second time today.

[JadedDM]: This time, it is Lukia standing behind the door.  She readjusts her specs and then speaks.  "Are you ready?"

[Talthul]: Talthul rubs his chin. "Uh, Talthul understand. When charge in then?"

[Psyche]: "Time all ready?" she blinks. "Uh..." she looks over her shoulder to the others.” Yeah...yeah, I think we are."

[Christophe]: "When the moment is right. If you see they are vulnerable... or distracted. You did so well out there yesterday. You knew exactly where to hit that filthy cur. That's what I want you to do... pick your spots."

[JadedDM]: Draven stands, Soul Biter slung over her shoulder and her basinet tucked her other arm.  Kestrel quickly puts on her studded leather armor.

[Talthul]: "Talthul uhhh... Talthul not understand. Just say when."

[Psyche]: Psyche steps outside the room, waiting for the rest of her group.

[JadedDM]: Draven follows, with Kestrel rushing to catch up as soon as her armor is on.

[Christophe]: Christophe pats Talthul on the shoulder, and then looks longingly at his helmet on the hobgoblin's head for a moment. "Oh... just... just retreat if you get wounded badly, okay?" He fetches his crossbow and follows the others.

[JadedDM]: Lukia leads the party down the hallway and to the arena again, just like yesterday.  As they step outside, they see it is a very overcast day, and the sun is hidden from sight, making the temperature a bit cooler than the day before.  The arena seats seem even more filled this time around.

[Talthul]: Talthul gets to his feet and follows after Christophe and the rest, leaving Guk alone.

[Christophe]: Christophe seems thankful that the daylight isn't too bright for his overly sensitive eyes this morning... but the noise of the crowd on the other hand...

[Psyche]: "Despite what the crowd wants, we still have an image to uphold." She glances to the others. "Understand?"

[JadedDM]: On the other side of the arena, the Red Queens emerge.  There are four of them.  Three are female ogres--large, ugly brutes about 10 feet tall.  Each has a massive club in hand.  The fourth one is smaller, about 8 feet tall.  She looks like a very muscular and masculine human, otherwise.  She is wearing hide armor and has a black, spiked club in hand.

[Christophe]: Christophe kicks at the dirt a little. "I can only try, I cannot promise. If it's a matter of life or death, I will kill to stay alive, regardless of what this crowd thinks of us."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "I think I have a plan," she says, looking to the others.

[Christophe]: Christophe is busy loading his crossbow. "Didn't care to share it with us earlier?"

[Psyche]: Psyche eyes widen slightly at the sight of the ogres. "Just..," she pauses, looking to Kestrel sharply. "You do?" She looks like she might even hug the priestess at that moment.

[Talthul]: Talthul shifts from foot to foot and puffs his chest out. "Talthul not think they so big."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "I just thought of it now.  There are only four of them, and five of us.  If Draven takes the one on the left, Christophe the one on the right, and Talthul the one in the back--then I can keep the half-ogre busy.  This leaves Psyche free to aid us with her spells."  She looks to Psyche.  "Did you memorize that spell Jerros gave you?"

[Psyche]: "I did."

[JadedDM]: Draven puts on her basinet and speaks through the visor.  "I've been itching for a good challenge."

[Christophe]: Christophe makes eye contact with Draven finally. "Be careful." His words are calm yet sincere.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "I think we should use it as a last resort.  That seems your strongest spell, but you cannot cast it with us nearby; which means we cannot protect you--but the enemy must be close to you for it to work.  If the ogres prove too much, I think the rest of you should retreat behind Psyche--over ten feet.  I'll hold them off of her until she can cast the spell and hit them all."

[Psyche]: "But...that will leave you within reach of the spell, Kestrel."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "I know.  But Azedeth will protect me."

[Psyche]: "If..," she doesn't look like she likes that all too much, as she is in charge of protecting them. "If you are sure."

[Christophe]: Christophe looks at Kestrel with newfound respect and perhaps a hint of pity in his eyes. "You've got a talent for tactics, I see..."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel nods to Psyche.  "I am.  Have faith."  She looks to Christophe.  "Well, Azedeth is a god of battle, among other things.  I figured it was about time for me to act like it."

[JadedDM]: Guko the goblin arrives on his balcony and prepares his magic wand.  "Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen!  We have quite a match for you today!  On one side we have the Red Queens of the Kokiraken Tribe!"  The audience cheers loudly.

[Psyche]: Psyche suddenly looks to Talthul. "Talthul, you see that big ogre in the back? Focus your attention on that ogre okay...and if you see Draven, Kestrel, or Christophe backing away, follow their actions, okay?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "And if you should defeat your ogre, then help one of the others."

[Talthul]: "Talthul no charge in if more of them than him."

[Christophe]: "Good lad."

[JadedDM]: Guko:  "And on the other side, we have those dastardly cowards who steal our crops and our slaves--the Rebels!"  The audience boos and shouts even more passionately.

[Psyche]: Psyche lets the others in the arena before she follows in behind them.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel takes a step forward, then unsheathes a short sword that's blade is glowing like a torch.  She leads the way to the center of the arena.

[Christophe]: Christophe has his crossbow raised and is already taking aim at the ogre on the right side.

[JadedDM]: Draven shrugs, and then moves to the left, Soul Biter ready.

[Talthul]: Talthul walks along.

[JadedDM]: Half-Ogre:  "Hey, hoo-mahns!  I hope you are more of a challenge than the last group we fought!  I gots their teeth right here!" she taunts, gesturing to her necklace of teeth.

[Psyche]: Psyche just shakes her head at the taunt, taking a few steps back to begin her chanting.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel holds her glowing sword aloft.  "For Azedeth!"  She then charges the half-ogre.

[JadedDM]: (Actions for Round 1?)

[Psyche]: Psyche is obviously chanting the words to a spell.

[Christophe]: Christophe releases a bolt targeted at the ogre on the right side.

[Talthul]: Talthul stands there and looks stupid.

[JadedDM]: (Christophe fires before initiative.  Roll to hit.)

[Christophe]: [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19)

[Christophe]: [1d4] -> [3] = (3)

[Christophe]: *FWOOSH* A bolt comes flying out of Christophe's crossbow and hits the ogre on the right side, making a nasty sound of impact as it connects above the left knee of the creature.

[JadedDM]: (Okay.  Are you going to fire again for Round 1?)

[Christophe]: (Yes. Reload and fire again.)

[JadedDM]: (Roll initiative.)

[Christophe]: [1d10] -> [5] = (5)

[Psyche]: [1d10] -> [6] = (6)

[Talthul]: [1d10] -> [10] = (10)

[JadedDM]: Ogre1's turn.

[JadedDM]: The first ogre approaches Draven with a chuckle.  She swings her club down at the puny human's head, but Draven drops into a roll and evades.  The club hits the ground with a thud, throwing up some dirt.

[JadedDM]: Psyche's turn.

[Psyche]: Psyche chants the words to her spell; her arms moving up and over her head and finally they come to move in front of her. As she moves her hands downwards, a blue shield seems to form then it fades once her spell is complete.

[JadedDM]: Ogre3's turn.

[JadedDM]: The third ogre walks right up to the stunned Talthul.  She swings her club like a baseball bat.  He just barely dodges in time, getting clipped in the head.  Fortunately, his helmet protects him from taking any damage.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Talthul!  Watch out!"

[Christophe]: Christophe, with his teeth gnashing together, bellows out. "Fight back, you idiot! FIGHT!"

[Talthul]: Talthul gives himself a shake and throws himself at the ogre, fists a-swinging.

[Psyche]: Psyche avoids slapping her hand to her forehead at the sheer idiocy of the hobgoblin.

[JadedDM]: Draven's turn.

[JadedDM]: Draven gets up from her roll and comes up on the ogre's flank, as she is still in the process of picking her club back up.  With an upward swing, she slices deeply into the ogre, causing her to cry out in pain.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel's turn.

[JadedDM]: Before the half-ogre gets too close, Kestrel rushes up to Talthul and taps his shoulder.  "Azedeth, Lord of Light...protect this humble warrior from evil intentions."  A circle of illuminated runes appears at the hobgoblin's feet, and then vanishes.  "Fight well, Talthul!"  She then hurries to meet the half-ogre.

[JadedDM]: Ogre2's turn.

[Talthul]: "Thank!"

[JadedDM]: The second ogre comes up to Christophe, clearly angry about the bolt in her knee.  "Soft human go squish now!" she roars.  She strikes him in the chest with her club hard.

[Christophe]: Christophe's face contorts in agony as he hunches over. "Arrrgghhh."

[JadedDM]: Christophe's turn.

[Christophe]: [1d20+2] -> [10,2] = (12)

[Christophe]: [1d4] -> [1] = (1)

[Christophe]: Christophe, in serious pain, somehow manages to pull the trigger on his crossbow before dropping it into the dirt. The bolt swipes past the creature's neck, causing a thin cut to appear.

[JadedDM]: Half-Ogre's turn.

[JadedDM]: Half-Ogre:  "Agh!  You have magic sword?  Zakara will still kill you, elf lover!"  She swings her club at Kestrel, but the priestess throws herself back to avoid it, nearly losing her balance--but quickly regaining her composure.

[Psyche]: Psyche takes note of the pain that Christophe is in. She then takes a quick look around towards the others to see how they are managing at the moment before she calls out to the older man. "Christophe! Back off!"

[JadedDM]: (Actions for Round 2?)

[Talthul]: Talthul throws himself at the ogress, with a fist-fighting-fervor.

[Christophe]: Christophe unsheathes his quarterstaff for defensive purposes and hastily makes a retreat from the ogre.

[Psyche]: Psyche, seeing Christophe back off begins chanting the words to her spell quickly.

[JadedDM]: (Roll initiative.)

[Psyche]: [1d10] -> [8] = (8)

[Christophe]: [1d10] -> [8] = (8)

[Talthul]: [1d10] -> [4] = (4)

[JadedDM]: Talthul's turn.  (Remember to use your damage factor for large opponents.)

[Talthul]: [1d20] -> [17] = (17)

[Talthul]: [1d20] -> [3] = (3)

[Talthul]: [1d3+2] -> [1,2] = (3)

[Talthul]: [1d100] -> [61] = (61)

[Talthul]: Talthul swings at the giant gal, hitting her in the side.

[JadedDM]: Ogre1's turn.

[JadedDM]: The ogre fighting Draven again strikes downward at her, trying to crush her into goo.  Draven again proves too quick, and sidesteps the attack.  The tremors from the impact do cause her to lose her balance a bit, but she quickly recovers.

[JadedDM]: Ogre2's turn.

[JadedDM]: As Christophe backs away from his ogre, staff in hand, she tries to swing at him before he can get away.  Unfortunately for her, the warrior is able to dodge.

[JadedDM]: Psyche's turn.

[Psyche]: Psyche speaks the spidery language quickly, one finger on her right hand pointing out towards the Ogre that hurt Christophe, her other hand pulling a square red piece of cloth from a pouch. She throws the cloth into the air as she chants, waiting for what she has called to come.

[Psyche]: [1d100] -> [40] = (40)

[Psyche]: Psyche keeps her concentration on the ogre as a hoard of rats coming running into the fray to attack the ogre on sight.

[JadedDM]: The ogre fighting Christophe completely forgets about him as she tries in vain to squash the many rats now at her feet, biting at her.

[JadedDM]: Ogre3's turn.

[JadedDM]: She swings again at Talthul, hoping to knock his head off and out of the arena.  However, the hobgoblin manages to duck and evade the blow completely.

[Christophe]: Christophe looks completely bemused, and turns to look at Psyche with a bizarre expression etched on his face.

[JadedDM]: Christophe's turn.

[Christophe]: Christophe backs away from the fray, eyes still on his opponents.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel's turn.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel thrusts forward with her glowing sword and stabs Zakara in the shoulder.  However, the half-ogre is able to pull away before the sword goes in too deep.  She swears in a foreign language at the priestess.

[JadedDM]: Zakara's turn.

[JadedDM]: Outraged, Zakara strikes Kestrel across the chest with her spiked club.  The priestess gasps out silently and stumbles back, but she does not cry out.

[JadedDM]: Draven's turn.

[JadedDM]: Draven again takes advantage of the ogre pulling her club back up and strikes her deeply in the leg.  The ogress stumbles back to one knee, looking very weak.  "Yeah, bitch!  Take that!" Draven taunts.

[JadedDM]: (Actions for Round 3?)

[Talthul]: Talthul continues to attack his opponent recklessly.

[Psyche]: Psyche continues to concentrate on the ogre her summoned rats are biting at.

[Christophe]: Christophe circles around the ogre Talthul is fighting and attempts to swing his staff at the creature from the blindside.

[JadedDM]: (Initiative.)

[Psyche]: [1d10] -> [6] = (6)

[Talthul]: [1d10] -> [10] = (10)

[Talthul]: (Nooooo!)

[Talthul]: (That's my second 10 of the night)

[Christophe]: [1d10] -> [2] = (2)

[JadedDM]: Kestrel's turn.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel takes another stab at Zakara, but just barely misses, only slicing through a part of the ogress' armor.

[JadedDM]: Christophe's turn.  (+2 to hit for back attack)

[Christophe]: [1d20+2] -> [18,2] = (20)

[Christophe]: [1d6] -> [3] = (3)

[Christophe]: Christophe brings his staff around and cracks the ogre in the small of the back, wincing in pain while he does so.

[JadedDM]: Psyche's turn.

[Psyche]: Psyche stands there concentrating on the ogre. Almost looks as if she is staring a hole through her.

[JadedDM]: Draven's turn.

[JadedDM]: While the ogress is down, Draven presses the advantage.  With a mighty swing of her two-handed axe, she takes off the creature's head, which sails through the air and lands near Kestrel.  Draven gives out an almost primal war cry, and although you cannot see her face through her helm, you get the impression she must be grinning viciously.

[JadedDM]: Guko, who has been narrating this whole time (yes, that's right), cries out in surprise.  "Look at the distance on that thing!  Wow!"  The crowd goes wild.

[JadedDM]: Ogre2's turn.

[JadedDM]: She continues smashing at the rats, but they are too small and too many.

[JadedDM]: Talthul's turn.

[Talthul]: [1d20] -> [13] = (13)

[Talthul]: [1d20] -> [16] = (16)

[Talthul]: [1d3+2] -> [2,2] = (4)

[Talthul]: [1d3+2] -> [3,2] = (5)

[Talthul]: [1d100] -> [100] = (100)

[Talthul]: [1d100] -> [66] = (66)

[Talthul]: Talthul jabs the ogre in the face, then follows up with a hook to the gut. The ogress is in bad shape after.

[JadedDM]: Zakara's turn.

[JadedDM]: Zakara raises her club toward Kestrel, but stops when she sees the ogre's decapitated head.  "No!  My sister!"  She turns to Draven, her face contorting in rage.  "You...killed...my....sister!"

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "And you're next ugly!"

[JadedDM]: Zakara roars in anger.  Veins beginning popping up on her body and her muscles begin to actually grow in size.  A red haze of energy begins to swirl around her body, as she stares at Draven with pure, untainted rage.

[Talthul]: (Uh oh)

[JadedDM]: Draven takes a step back.  "Oh, shit!  A berserker!  Shit, shit, shit!  Kestrel!  Get away from her!"

[JadedDM]: (Actions for Round 4?)

[Talthul]: Talthul continues to attack his opponent, going for the kill.

[Psyche]: Psyche's concentration slips upon seeing a head go flying across the arena and from the roar, not of the crowd but from the half ogre. She gives a little gasp before chanting quickly.

[Christophe]: Christophe hastily moves to Kestrel's side to block a possible advance from the frenzied beast. "Back up, back up!"

[JadedDM]: (Initiative.)

[Psyche]: [1d10] -> [7] = (7)

[Talthul]: [1d10] -> [5] = (5)

[Christophe]: [1d10] -> [7] = (7)

[JadedDM]: Talthul's turn.

[Talthul]: [1d20] -> [13] = (13)

[Talthul]: [1d20] -> [11] = (11)

[Talthul]: [1d3+2] -> [2,2] = (4)

[Talthul]: [1d100] -> [90] = (90)

[Talthul]: Talthul throws a hook at the Ogress's face, knocking teeth from her mouth. She falls to the ground with a loud thump, blood leaking from every hole on her head. Talthul pumps his fists in the air. "Talthul kill!"

[JadedDM]: Psyche's turn.

[Psyche]: Psyche pulls a familiar component, if anyone ever watches, from her pouch, that glowing moss, as she quickly chants the spidery words. She holds the moss out in her hands, before it disappears. The half ogre suddenly finds herself unable to see as her eyes begin to glow brightly.

[JadedDM]: Zakara's turn.

[JadedDM]: The half-ogre barbarian swings her club wildly with incredible strength.  Kestrel and Christophe are both able to avoid getting struck, however, due to her blindness.

[JadedDM]: Draven's turn.

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Get away from her!  Leave her to me!"  She rushes toward the half-ogre and strikes her in the shoulder, the axe biting deeply into the barbarian's shoulder.

[JadedDM]: Christophe's turn.

[Christophe]: Christophe has stepped just in front of Kestrel, his staff held across his chest in a defensive stance.

[Psyche]: "Christophe, your crossbow on the other ogre. Those rats will be gone soon!" she calls out to him.

[JadedDM]: Guko:  "Well, folks, looks like the Rebels had the upper-hand.  But who would have known?  Zakara, leader of the Red Queens, has gone berserk.  They're in for it now!"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel's turn.

[Christophe]: (my crossbow is underneath a horde of rats right now)

[JadedDM]: Kestrel attempts a strike at the half-ogre, but before she can, Zakara rushes toward Draven, avoiding the attack without even realizing it.

[JadedDM]: Ogre2's turn.

[JadedDM]: Not being terribly bright, she continues to attack the rats.  They are beginning to thin out a bit now.

[JadedDM]: (Actions for Round 5?)

[Talthul]: Talthul rushes over to the berserking half-ogress, fists leading the way.

[Christophe]: While Zakara is rushing Draven, Christophe swings the staff from the blindside, attempting to take out the back of her knee.

[Psyche]: Psyche isn't too terribly sure about that half ogre at the moment. Yet she turns to the other ogre and starts chanting.

[JadedDM]: (Initiative.)

[Psyche]: [1d10] -> [5] = (5)

[Christophe]: [1d10] -> [10] = (10)

[Talthul]: [1d10] -> [1] = (1)

[Talthul]: (Weeee!)

[JadedDM]: Talthul's turn.

[Talthul]: [1d20] -> [10] = (10)

[Talthul]: [1d20] -> [10] = (10)

[Talthul]: [1d3+2] -> [2,2] = (4)

[Talthul]: [1d3+2] -> [2,2] = (4)

[Talthul]: [1d100] -> [16] = (16)

[Talthul]: [1d100] -> [43] = (43)

[Talthul]: Talthul gets off a double-combination on his opponent, jab punch, jab punch. She doesn't seem too hurt.

[JadedDM]: Zakara's turn.

[JadedDM]: Zakara doesn't even seem to notice Talthul's attacks.  She swings her club, hard and strikes Draven right in the chest.  The massive blow not only puts a big dent in her armor, it sends her flying back ten feet, where she hits the ground with a loud "oomph!"

[JadedDM]: Psyche's turn.

[Psyche]: Psyche pulls another thing of glowing moss from her pouch and holds it out in her hand, letting it disappear in her hand. The ogre fighting the rats soon has the same problem as the berserker as she can't see because of her eyes glowing so brightly.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel's turn.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel pulls out her holy symbol, a golden sun necklace, and prays.  Suddenly, the clouds above part, and a ray of pure, concentrated sunshine pours down on the remaining ogre, burning her severely.

[Psyche]: Psyche stares at Kestrel for a moment before calling out to all of them. "Everyone! Behind me!" She looks to Kestrel, kind of silently asking her if she is okay with this.

[JadedDM]: Ogre2's turn.

[JadedDM]: The rats surrounding the ogre have dispersed now, leaving her blinded and badly wounded.

[JadedDM]: Draven's turn.

[JadedDM]: Draven manages to get up in time to face Zakara.  She coughs, but readies her axe anyway.  With a loud cry, she swings Soul Biter down at Zakara, into the wound she gave her previously.  The red haze around Zakara vanishes, and she slumps down, the life gone from her battered body.

[Psyche]: Psyche lets out a soft sigh, seeing the half-ogre drop.

[JadedDM]: Christophe's turn.

[JadedDM]: Guko:  "Holy D'lokka!  Looks like Zakara is down!  There's one ogre left, and she doesn't look good!"

[Christophe]: Christophe sees the creature fall in front of him, and his emotions get the better of him. He rushes to Draven's side, checking over her severely dented armour. "Are you okay?!"

[JadedDM]: Draven groans and raises her visor.  She coughs again, this time with a bit of blood.  "Not over yet," she says.

[JadedDM]: (Actions for Round 6?)

[Talthul]: Talthul charges down the wounded ogre. "Talthul smash!"

[Psyche]: Psyche looks over to the last ogre. "Just knock her out!" she calls to the others, yet she does nothing.

[Christophe]: Christophe turns his attention to the final ogre. "Yield! You're outnumbered and badly wounded. You cannot win!"

[Psyche]: "Talthul! Stop!"

[JadedDM]: (Does Talthul obey?)

[Talthul]: Talthul stops at Psyche's command.

[JadedDM]: The remaining ogre falls to her knees and begins to bawl.

[JadedDM]: Guko:  "Folks, looks like the Rebels win this one, hands down!"

[JadedDM]: The crowds go nuts.  You actually hear a few cheers among the many shouts and boos.

[Christophe]: Christophe stumbles over and collects his crossbow, keeping it trained on the ogre in case of a sudden movement. After a moment he trudges back to the group.

[Psyche]: Psyche manages a small smile upon hearing the few cheers, yet she moves over to Draven. "Are you okay?"

[JadedDM]: Draven takes off her helmet.  "I'm fine...damn armor is ruined.  Stupid cheap Bloodguard crap."

[JadedDM]: Lukia steps forward and beckons them toward her.

[Talthul]: Talthul places his pipe in his mouth with a wide grin.

[Psyche]: Psyche turns to look towards Lukia and so walks towards her.

[Christophe]: Christophe shambles towards Lukia, nursing his chest area. "I'm... glad you're okay, Draven."

[JadedDM]: Lukia:  "Congratulations.  Your reward is waiting in your room.  I'll take you there."  Her specs are glowing slightly from the reflection of Kestrel's sword, so you cannot tell what she's feeling.  She turns sharply and heads back.

[Psyche]: Psyche blinks yet follows after the woman, glancing over her shoulder just to check on everyone really.

[Talthul]: Talthul returns to the room, mock-puffing his pipe proudly.

[JadedDM]: Lukia escorts them back to their room.  There is a large, stuffed to the brim pouch on the table.  Draven quickly runs to it and examines.

[JadedDM]: Lukia:  "Your next match is tomorrow at 17 bells, against the Iron Skulls.  The prize is 200 gold."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel sits down on her bed and removes her armor to check her wounds.

[Psyche]: "Iron Skulls..." she nods slightly. "Thank you."

[Talthul]: Talthul moves over to Kestrel. "Kestrel hurt?"

[Christophe]: Christophe immediately heads to the area around his bed and removes his armour gently, wincing in pain as he does so. He examines his chest, which is severely reddened right now.

[JadedDM]: Lukia nods sharply, then turns and leaves without another word.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel opens her shirt slightly (just enough for her to see, not anyone else) and checks the area.  "A night with the Eversteaming Bottle, and I should be okay."

[JadedDM]: Draven spills the gold pieces out onto the table and begins counting them up.

[Talthul]: Talthul nods. "Good." He moves over to the pretty gold. "Talthul want gold. Go buy dog."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Talthul...how badly are you hurt?"

[Psyche]: Psyche stands near the door, watching all of them. She finds Draven's actions rather amusing.

[Talthul]: "Talthul not get hit, ever. Good luck magic helmet protect him."

[JadedDM]: Draven mutters something in return, and then begins piling the coins into five stacks.

[Psyche]: "Twenty for the each of us."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel blinks.  "I guess Azedeth's protection, along with the lucky helmet, kept him safe."

[Christophe]: Christophe is seated on the edge of his bed, his brow still covered in sweat. "Told you it was magic..."  He coughs.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "It went better than I thought.  I guess I underestimated our combined strength.  Even against ogres..."

[Talthul]: Talthul takes his gold. "Thank Chris. Thank Kestrel. Me do good with good friends."

[Psyche]: "I think I'm going to treat myself to something better to eat than rations."

[JadedDM]: Draven scoops up her own pile into her backpack.

[Psyche]: Psyche walks over to the pile of coins and picks up her own share.

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "I can finally afford to get myself a decent suit of armor, hopefully.  I figure the prices are probably inflated around here, though."

[Talthul]: "Talthul go buy dog now. Come Guk." He starts for the market.

[Guk]: Guk follows after his master happily.

[Christophe]: Christophe is too weary to protest Talthul heading off on his own.

[Psyche]: "We, for certain, are fighting a Priestess of Shadowbite in the next match."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel's head snaps up.  "Shadowbite?  God of Darkness..."

[JadedDM]: Talthul, with Guk in tow, head over to the marketplace.  By this time of the day, it's quite crowded and busy.

[Psyche]: Psyche nods slightly. "I don't know anything about the others, but I remember meeting the woman in the bath...along with a weird looking dwarf with fire for hair."

[Talthul]: Talthul has no trouble moving through the crowd, chest puffed up, and victory pipe in his mouth. He heads for the animal guy.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Leave her to me, Psyche.  Light is stronger than darkness."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "What?  Say that again, Psyche?"

[Psyche]: "There was a dwarf in the bath that had fire for hair." She looks towards Draven curiously.

[JadedDM]: Talthul finds the same vendor as before.  This time he's munching on a cob of corn.  "Hey, I know you.  You're that guy--that Rebel.  The one who lost the duel."

[JadedDM]: Draven blinks.  "You mean...fire-red hair?  Or actual...flames where her hair should be?"

[Talthul]: "Talthul win today. Kill ogress with fists. Smash good. You sell dog now."

[Psyche]: "Actual flames."

[JadedDM]: Vendor:  "Good, good.  You have the 30 gold then?"

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Huh...that sounds like...," she pauses.  "But I thought that was just a myth..."

[Psyche]: "Sounds like what?"

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "The Azer."

[Talthul]: "Talthul have this many." He takes out 21 gold pieces. "This enough to buy dog."

[Psyche]: Psyche seems confused. "And what is....The Azer?"

[Guk]: Guk huddles close to Talthul, afraid of all the noise.

[JadedDM]: Vendor:  He scratches at his chin.  "Hmm...you're still a little short.  But...perhaps we can make a deal."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "A legend.  I heard it from some other mercenaries.  Supposedly, they are dwarves from a place called Zenan.  Ever heard of it?"

[Talthul]: "What you say?"

[Psyche]: [1d20] -> [11] = (11)

[JadedDM]: Vendor:  He looks down at Guk.  "That seems like a fine specimen you have there.  He any good at anything?"

[Talthul]: Talthul kneels and hugs Guk. "Talthul no sell Guk!"

[Psyche]: "That is the afterlife place for the followers of Renos. It is supposed to be made up of nothing but fire, if I remember correctly."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Yeah.  So they say, anyway."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "So she is a demon...or sorts."

[JadedDM]: Vendor:  He shrugs.  "Then I guess we can't do business together.  Not until you get more gold."

[Talthul]: "Talthul can smash you." He stands up. "Sell for my money. It enough."

[Psyche]: "Apparently so." she doesn't look like she likes that idea too much though. "I think I'm going to get something to eat. Anyone want to come with me?"

[JadedDM]: Vendor:  "No, sir, it is not.  You are nine gold coins short."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "I'll go.  I need to pick up some new armor, anyway."

[Christophe]: Christophe is staring up at the ceiling, laid out on the edge of his bed now. "I'll be here for now.... remaining sore. Ugh."

[Talthul]: "You charge Talthul too much. Sell dog."

[JadedDM]: Vendor:  "If you don't like my prices, you can move along.  But unless you have something else of value you would part with...?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "I shall remain, as well."

[Psyche]: "Very well." She walks out of the room with Draven.

[Talthul]: Talthul rubs his chin thoughtfully. "Talthul probably smash you before anyone hear. No one come until Talthul gone."

[JadedDM]: Vendor:  He laughs.  "There are hundreds of people all over the place.  You can't be serious."

[JadedDM]: Psyche and Draven head out toward the bustling marketplace together.

[Talthul]: Talthul rubs his chin again. "But you still dead."

[Christophe]: Still lying on the side of his bed, Christophe speaks out. "You were incredibly brave out there just now, Kestrel."

[JadedDM]: Vendor:  "Sir, do you threaten me?  I can have you arrested and removed from the contest."

[Psyche]: "Do you want to meet me at that restaurant after you are done buying your armor, or...?" she asks, not too terribly sure what the woman would want to do.

[Talthul]: "You yell for guards and Talthul kill."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel looks away, pretending to check her wounds again.  "Thank you.  I did what I could."

[JadedDM]: Vendor:  "There are hundreds of witnesses.  You will be caught."

[JadedDM]: Draven shrugs.  "Yeah, we can eat first."

[Talthul]: Talthul shrugs. "You still dead."

[Christophe]: A few more moments of uneasy silence. "I need to ask you something now that we're alone."

[Psyche]: Psyche makes her way through the crowd to go to the restaurant.

[JadedDM]: Vendor:  "Look, 21 gold is just not enough.  I heard the slave auction was heavily discounted.  Maybe you can get a nice slave instead."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel buttons her shirt back up.  "Yes?"

[Talthul]: "Dog worth more than slave?"

[JadedDM]: Psyche and Draven enter the restaurant.  It's quite crowded at this time, but they spot one empty table.

[JadedDM]: Vendor:  "This one is, yes."

[Talthul]: "Dog not look so good."

[Christophe]: "You're a priestess... do you, or have you ever believed in superstition? Or does everything happen for a reason?"

[JadedDM]: Vendor:  "He's the best, I assure you, sir."

[Psyche]: Psyche makes her way over to that table and sits down, shifting a bit before she is comfortable. "You did well today," she says kind of lamely. She has never really known what to say to Draven.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "I believe superstition is hope...or fear.  And I believe if a person believes strongly enough, sometimes things come true.  So maybe superstition is real."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "It was a lot easier than the last time I faced an ogre."

[Talthul]: Talthul takes his gold and moves off to go back to the party with Guk in tow.

[JadedDM]: A goblin waiter approaches the two women.  "Can I take your order?"

[JadedDM]: (Talthul returns to the room?)

[Psyche]: "You are probably a lot..," she looks to the goblin. "What do you have?"

[Talthul]: (Yeah)

[JadedDM]: Goblin:  "Most dishes you have heard of miss, and some you have not, I'm sure.  Our special today is the roast chicken."

[Christophe]: Christophe is silent again, but eventually continues. "I've been superstitious for a long time. I suppose it came from my mentor. She was a hobgoblin, you see... and if you know anything about them, you know that have many rituals and such..."

[Talthul]: On his way back to the room, Talthul pauses by the slave auction though.

[JadedDM]: As Talthul heads back to the auction, he crosses path with a large, hairy creature.  It someone resembles a hobgoblin, but with a black hide covered in brown hair and a bear-like nose.

[Psyche]: "Actually, I think I'll have some pot roast with some mashed potatoes, and maybe some carrots. Uh, maybe some wine to drink too."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Yes, I know.  Especially in battle.  They rely heavily on luck and superstition."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "I'll have the chicken then.  And some ale."

[JadedDM]: Goblin:  "Very well."  He walks off.

[Christophe]: "Lately I find that this is slowly fading away... as if... oh, I don't know... things are happening for a reason. A path? Fate, maybe?" He sighs loudly. "I was never good with these things."

[Talthul]: Talthul passes the thing without caring, Guk giving it a wide berth.

[Psyche]: "Like I was saying, you are probably stronger than you were back then. You seemed to enjoy...performing for the crowd."

[JadedDM]: Talthul arrives at the slave auction.  It is a raised platform with a hobgoblin standing on it, shouting out to the crowd.  A timid bald woman with black skin stands next to him quietly.  "Come on, folks!  This one's a steal!  Only 20 gold!"  He seems rather desperate, but nobody is really paying him any attention.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "It's possible you were guided to Moonshadow just as we were by some higher power.  Perhaps it was Azedeth."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "I'm good at what I do, I guess.  It's nice to be recognized."

[Talthul]: Talthul rubs his chin, looking at the bald woman. He studies her physique.

[JadedDM]: The slave looks a bit young, probably just entering the adult stage of life.  She appears rather underfed and scrawny, possibly due to malnutrition.

[Psyche]: "I should probably say it more often, but thank you for sticking with...well me at this point and time for so long."

[JadedDM]: Draven shrugs.  "Just doing my job."

[Christophe]: "That helmet. The one I gave to Talthul today. That's been my lucky helm in battle for twenty years. TWENTY YEARS! On a whim I decided I didn't need it anymore. I can't explain it."

[JadedDM]: At that point, the bugbear Talthul saw enters the restaurant and looks around.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel considers this.  "Perhaps you have found something else to rely on?"

[Talthul]: Talthul raises his hand and calls. "She good at fight?"

[Psyche]: "You aren't being paid to do this, Draven." She offers a small smile. "So I don't think I would consider it a job."

[JadedDM]: Slavemaster:  "That's right, only twenty--what?"  He jumps as he realizes someone is listening to him.  "Uh...a fight?  Well, she needs a bit of training and some fat on her bones, but yes...she is very obedient and loyal.  If you teach her, she'll devote herself to learning."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Don't look now...but a bugbear just entered."

[Christophe]: Christophe considers this. "Yeah. Possibly. I found myself praying to my deity more than once in the past few weeks. I have never been a very religious man... so I can't quite explain that, either. I hope the mention of another higher power does not offend you."

[Psyche]: Psyche takes a small glance toward the bugbear. "Great."

[Talthul]: "Fine, Talthul buy." He tries to hand over 20 gold coins one at a time.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "No...I recognize there are other gods.  I would have to, as I am rather alone in my beliefs in this land."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Think he's a competitor?"

[JadedDM]: Slavemaster:  "Really?  Excellent, excellent!"  He takes the gold, then puts a manacle around the girl's neck and hands Talthul the chain, much like a dog's leash.

[Psyche]: "I wouldn't rule it out."

[JadedDM]: Draven grins, despite herself.  "I always wanted to face one in battle.  They're pretty rare in these parts, though."

[Talthul]: Talthul takes the leash happily and heads back to the room to show off his newest acquisition.

[Christophe]: "Thank you. I.... needed this."

[Psyche]: "....Why?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel nods.  "It's all right.  As a priestess, it's part of my duty to listen to the flock.  Uh...even if they are not believers."

[JadedDM]: Talthul arrives at the party's room, Guk and his slave in tow.

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "I heard they're pretty tough.  I mean look at him...he looks almost seven feet tall--and I think that's a claymore strapped to his back."

[Christophe]: Christophe sits up now, and peeks his head out from around his privacy curtain. He stares at the trio.

[JadedDM]: Goblin:  He returns with their food and sets it before them.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel stands:  "Talthul...what is..." she trails off at the sight of the slave.

[Talthul]: Talthul enters the room, pipe in his mouth, Guk near his feet and new slave girl on his leash. "You name Toby now."

[JadedDM]: Slave:  "Yes, master."  She bows deeply.

[Christophe]: Christophe stands and slowly approaches Talthul. "Tal.... what have you done?"

[Talthul]: He grins at Kestrel. "Look! Talthul have new pet. Not as good as Tak, but she good in time."

[Psyche]: Psyche shudders at the thought of fighting that thing. "Well, if he is to compete, I'll give you full reign on him."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel chokes on her own words, unable to even speak due to pure shock.

[Christophe]: Christophe has an emotionless look on his face. "You were supposed to buy a fighting dog, you clown!"

[JadedDM]: Draven digs into her food.

[Talthul]: "Dog cost too much. She cheaper."

[Psyche]: Psyche doesn't dig into her food like Draven, yet she does eat. "Oh...it feels good to actually eat something like this," she mutters.

[Christophe]: "You bloody fool. You do realize that we do not believe in slavery?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel finally manages to speak.  "She is a human being, Talthul!"

[Talthul]: "Uhhhh, what?"

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "I wonder if these Iron Skulls will be as tough as the ogres."

[Christophe]: Christophe snorts angrily. He shuffles over to the table where his pile of gold rests and grabs it. "Is this enough to buy a dog?"

[Talthul]: "Dog cost thirty gold. Toby cost twenty."

[Psyche]: "Probably tougher. The prize in the next match is a lot more, meaning that we will probably face something tougher."

[JadedDM]: Draven grins.  "Two hundred...that's 40 gold a piece."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "We should not have let him go unattended."

[Psyche]: "Which will prove to be useful, providing we win."

[Christophe]: Christophe scoffs and places the gold down on his bed. "No. You have to learn a lesson. You must hand over your 'pet' to us, Talthul."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "What do you plan to do with the money we won so far?"

[Psyche]: "I was thinking of maybe buying a dagger. I lost mine a long time ago and if my spells run out, I'm kind of defenseless."

[Talthul]: Talthul holds the leash protectively. "Talthul not do that, cost twenty gold!"

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Gee, is that it?  You wizard types sure are low maintenance."

[Christophe]: "I don't care. We don't believe in slavery... and if you still want a home with this party you will hand over the reigns immediately."

[Talthul]: Talthul looks about to cry. "Why you be mean? Just new pet!"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "You cannot keep a human being as a pet, Talthul.  It's a person!"

[Psyche]: "I'm going to need spell components too." She laughs faintly. "We actually aren't really low maintenance; I just am because I don't have all that much money, or a lab to maintain like other mages."

[Christophe]: Christophe's voice goes into a rage. "She is not a pet!!! She's a person!"

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "A lab?  Not like you could carry it around in your pocket...." she pauses..."or could you?  I guess with magic, anything's possible."  She takes a draft of her ale.

[Talthul]: Talthul grabs his head by the sides, in his hands and roars. "TALTHUL NOT UNDERSTAND!"

[Psyche]: "I never really thought about it, but most labs tend to stay in one spot. That is where we create our own spells."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "That rat one was pretty good.  Too bad you can't blow things up, like that Nero guy."

[Psyche]: "Providing I had his spell, I probably could, but I didn't think of grabbing his spellbook."

[Christophe]: "Talthul..." Christophe sighs. "If you do not hand over 'Toby' to us, you will not be welcome in this room anymore. Surely you understand that much."

[Talthul]: "Talthul... Talthul understand... But why?"

[JadedDM]: Draven shrugs.  "Sounds like too much work for me.  I just use my axe, and that works out fine."

[Christophe]: "Because...." Christophe shakes his head in disgust. "Because you cannot own a living, breathing person. It is against every rule of decency."

[Talthul]: "Talthul own Guk though."

[Christophe]: "Indeed. But Guk is a dog, Talthul."

[Psyche]: "It is a lot of studying and hard work, but in the end it is worth it. The power a mage can have can be...phenomenal, or so I was told by the one who taught me."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "You shouldn't own humans.  How would you like to be a slave?"

[Talthul]: Talthul rubs his chin. "You all tell me what to do all time. How that different?"

[JadedDM]: Draven finishes her meal.  At around that time, the goblin returns.

[Psyche]: Psyche looks towards the goblin just as she takes the last few bites of her own meal.

[Christophe]: Christophe looks as if he is about to snap. "You are not owned by anyone. You have a choice whether you want to do what we tell you or not."

[JadedDM]: Goblin:  “The bill comes to 7 silver, ma'am."

[Talthul]: "You just say if Talthul not listen you abandon him. Sound like pet to me."

[Psyche]: Psyche hands the Goblin a gold piece. "Keep the rest," she says, even though it isn't a lot.

[JadedDM]: Goblin:  He bites the coin then pockets it.  "Many thanks, ma'am."  He walks off.

[JadedDM]: Draven stands and pats her belly.

[Christophe]: "You have the choice, though. You can stay or leave. You have free will. A slave does not have that choice."

[JadedDM]: Throughout the whole argument, the slave "Toby" says and does nothing.

[Psyche]: Psyche stands as well, finishing off her wine. "I'll see you back at the room."

[JadedDM]: Draven nods, and heads into the market.  Psyche heads back to her room.  As she is heading back down the hallway, she spots that flame-haired dwarf woman again crossing her path.

[Talthul]: Talthul rubs his chin. "Talthul no understand... No wait... Talthul understand."

[Psyche]: Psyche never really expected to see the dwarf woman again, yet she walks past her as she knows that the woman isn't much for talking.

[JadedDM]: Psyche passes the "Azer" as Draven called her, and then returns to her room.

[Christophe]: Christophe nods eagerly. "So what is it then? Will you release her?"

[Psyche]: Psyche steps into the room and stops dead in her tracks, staring at the slave woman.

[Talthul]: "But now Talthul have no money and no nothing."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "You shouldn't have tried to buy her in the first place."

[Christophe]: Christophe nods and reaches for his gold. "It's okay. I'll give you this money if you release her and use it to buy a dog... and ONLY a dog. So long as you remember this lesson."

[Talthul]: "Talthul not know!"

[Psyche]: "He bought a slave?" she crosses her arms, closing the door behind her.

[Talthul]: "You have thirty gold!" Talthul squeals with glee.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "And if you cannot spend your money ethically, then...we'll hold it for you."

[Christophe]: Christophe hands him the gold, but squeezes his shoulder tightly as he closes in on Talthul. "You just remember. Slavery is your enemy now. Just like ogres or the demons... you can not believe in owning people."

[Talthul]: "Slaves enemy now. Talthul understand."

[Christophe]: "No.  Slavery is your enemy. Not the slaves."

[Talthul]: "Talthul can't fight slavery. Can't hit it."

[Christophe]: "You don't have to hit everything you fight, Talthul."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Talthul, it's immoral to own people.  Do you know what immoral means?"

[Psyche]: Psyche just shakes her head as she walks over to the slave girl slowly. "Do you have a name?"

[Talthul]: Talthul shakes his head. "Talthul not even know word."

[JadedDM]: Slave:  She turns to Psyche.  "Master says my name is Toby."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel sighs and sits down on her bed, rubbing her temples.

[Christophe]: Christophe shakes his. "Look... just go and buy your dog, and then report back here immediately, okay? We can explain later."

[Psyche]: "Okay, well he is not your master anymore. You are a free woman. So did you have another name before Toby?"

[JadedDM]: Toby:  "I do not understand...Master is giving me away?"

[Talthul]: "Alright, Talthul go buy." He whisks off, dropping the leash and leaving Guk behind.

[Psyche]: "No, he is letting you go. Though, we can't exactly let you run off into the wild so it seems you are going to be staying with us for awhile."

[JadedDM]: Talthul hurries off down the hall, nearly trampling a mysterious man in mysteriously black robes of....mystery.

[Christophe]: Christophe reaches into his pack and pulls out his rations. He hands some to the girl. "Here. You must be hungry."

[JadedDM]: Toby:  "So...you are my Master now?"

[Talthul]: Talthul stops. "Oh, excuse Talthul."

[Psyche]: "You are your own master."

[JadedDM]: Mysterious Man Who is Has Nothing To Do With the Plot:  "No bother at all," he says, then continues on his way.

[JadedDM]: Toby:  She looks to the rations.  "For me?"

[Talthul]: Talthul shrugs and continues on his way.

[Christophe]: Christophe nods enthusiastically. "Yes. For you."

[JadedDM]: Talthul quickly returns to the marketplace and finds the animal vendor again.

[JadedDM]: Toby reluctantly accepts the rations and begins to eat them while standing, right then and there.

[Talthul]: Talthul plunks 30 gold down. "There, thirty gold."

[JadedDM]: Vendor:  He grunts and wipes some corn from his face.  "What?  How about that.  All right, we have a deal."

[Psyche]: "Why don't you go ahead and sit down." She motions to her bed.

[JadedDM]: Toby nods in obedience and sits down on the bed to finish eating hungrily.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "I cannot believe he did this..."

[Talthul]: "Where dog?" He looks around eagerly.

[JadedDM]: Vendor:  He pulls the cage over closer, and then opens it.  He pulls the dog out on the leash, and then hands it to Talthul.

[Talthul]: Talthul takes the leash and looks the dog over.

[Christophe]: "Well... I can."

[JadedDM]: The dog looks quite healthy and strong, if not a bit defiant.

[Psyche]: "We don't have time to baby-sit him." she sits down on the floor, leaning back against the wall. "And...what are we suppose to do with her." She motions to Toby.

[Talthul]: "You name Ro. Come Ro." He moves off with the dog back to the room.

[JadedDM]: Talthul returns to the room with Ro.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "We cannot just turn her loose into the world.  She seems rather sheltered.  I suspect she was born and raised into slavery, and knows no other way of life."

[Talthul]: Talthul moves into the room and sits down by Ro to inspect him.

[Guk]: Guk moves over to Talthul, grinning. He loses it upon seeing this new dog. He moves over to sniff, but backs away as Ro begins to growl.

[Psyche]: "I wasn't going to just let her go...and we can't just go to the base. Too bad we aren't closer to that farm. I'm sure they would have treated her well."

[Talthul]: Talthul hits Ro on the nose when he growls, which quiets the dog.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Actually, that's not a bad idea, Psyche.  Perhaps we can head back there after we're done here."

[JadedDM]: Draven returns then, now wearing brand new chain mail.  "I'm back!  How do I look?"  She pauses at seeing the slave.  "I guess I wasn't the only one who went shopping."

[Psyche]: "I think we probably will." She glances to Draven. "Yes...well, that is Toby."

[Talthul]: Talthul plays with his new dog and with Guk on occasion.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel frowns.  "This is no laughing matter, Draven.  Talthul bought a slave..."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "You sure?  'Cause it sounds hilarious to me."

[Christophe]: Still moderately hung-over, chest heaving with pain, Christophe heads for the door. "I'll be back shortly. I trust I'm not the only one who can baby-sit our friend here." He nods his head in the direction of Talthul.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel sighs and lies down on her bed, frustrated.

[JadedDM]: Christophe leaves the room.

[Christophe]: Christophe heads for the bath house.

[Psyche]: Psyche just sighs, shaking her head. "Kestrel...may I speak with you?"

[JadedDM]: Christophe enters the male bath house again--and once again finds it all ready occupied.  In the waters are two people on opposite sides of the bath.  One is clearly a grey dwarf.  The other is, to his surprise, a lizardman.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel looks up and nods wearily.

[JadedDM]: Draven goes over to the nearby dresser mirror and checks herself out.

[Psyche]: Psyche pushes herself up. "It is kind of a...well, something I don't want to talk about in front of everyone."

[Talthul]: Talthul lets his dogs play with each other. He removes the helm from his head and inspects it.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel looks around.  "Where then?"

[JadedDM]: The open-faced helm is quite old, battered, and rusty.

[Psyche]: "Just out in the hall will work." She moves for the door and steps out.

[Christophe]: Christophe removes his attire carefully, attempting to stay on the opposite side of the bath. He quickly lowers himself into the water so that the tribal tattoos covering his upper torso are not visible.

[Talthul]: Talthul rubs at it a little, trying fruitlessly to clean it.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel follows her.

[JadedDM]: The Duergar and lizardman don't pay him too much mind, as they are busy cleaning themselves.

[JadedDM]: Talthul finds his rubbing does no good.

[Psyche]: "Okay...so..," she really doesn't know where to start here. "This probably isn't the....proper thing to speak about with a priestess, but it is about Jerros." She feels herself blushing slightly.

[Christophe]: Christophe inspects the lizardman from the corner of his eye, looking for any kind of tribal marks.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Jerros?  Something to do with the orders he gave us?"

[Psyche]: "No...no, not that. I think the whole base knows I...well, I like him. I always have actually, and I know it really isn't the time or place to talk about this, but after seeing Christophe so worried over Draven earlier today, I couldn't help but think about it."

[JadedDM]: Although half-submerged in the water, Christophe is able to make out a few markings on the lizardman.  One in particular on the creature's forehead catches his eye.  It's a little swirl with a dot above it.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel is silent for several moments, as if digesting this all.  "Oh, I see.  You have feelings for him?"

[Psyche]: "....Yeah." She shifts a bit on her feet.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "And...you think Draven and Christophe...?"

[Talthul]: Talthul tosses the helm in the air and catches it again, amusing himself with the game.

[Christophe]: Christophe washes himself casually, attempting not to look at the others.

[Psyche]: "It is just something I've noticed. I could be wrong."

[JadedDM]: Toby sits quietly on the bed, watching Talthul.  She has finished eating.  Meanwhile, Draven finishes checking herself out and starts to take off her chain mail.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Are you worried that it might cause complications?"

[Psyche]: "It could if something does happen between them, but right now I'm not worried." She looks down at the ground for a moment. "The reason why I brought you out here isn't because of them...it is because I don't know, if I live through this and we return to the base, on what I should do regarding Jerros and how I feel."

[Talthul]: Talthul does nothing of interest but play the throw-catch game.

[JadedDM]: The dwarf finally looks over to Christophe and speaks.  "Oi, I know ye.  Ye're one o' the Rebels."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel blinks.  "Oh....ohhh-oh.  I see.  You want...uh...relationship advice?"

[Christophe]: Christophe nods. "Mmm... yes, that's right. Uhm... who are you two with?"

[Psyche]: Psyche nods. "I kind of used Meria for that type of thing, but I can't anymore."

[JadedDM]: Duergar:  "Heh.  We're with the Obsidian Stars, son.  Haven't lost a match yet."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Uh, well...I've never actually...been courted before.  But I can try to help.  Um...what exactly is the problem?"

[Psyche]: "I'm not a very forward person, yet I want him to know, providing he doesn't all ready, but I can't just be straight forward and tell him.  I'm afraid he would just...run, honestly."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel frowns.  "Why do you think that?"

[Christophe]: Christophe shakes his head a little. "A Duergar and a serpent... you are an odd team together, no?"

[JadedDM]: Lizardman:  He hisses in amusement.  "You should ssssee the resssst of our group."

[JadedDM]: Duergar:  He laughs, as if at a private joke.

[Psyche]: "I don't think he has really taken notice of me especially when you have an elf and Vanessa, even though she is a bit insane now, around."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Has Jerros shown an interest in Vanessa or Amakororo?"

[Christophe]: Christophe stares a hole at the lizardman. He speaks to him with a strange series of hisses and clicks. "I've already seen enough, spawn of the demon."

[JadedDM]: Draven, bored, looks to the slave and Talthul.  "I guess they tore you a new one for buying that slave."

[Psyche]: "I don't think he has with Vanessa, but Amakororo, I'm not sure. There have been rumor, according to Meria, but..," she trails off, shrugging.

[JadedDM]: The lizardman, suddenly, stands, causing quite a disturbance in the usually still water.  He responds in the language.  "You speak our tongue?  How do you know this?!"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "I haven't heard anything myself...but they do seem close.  But that doesn't necessarily mean anything."

[Christophe]: Christophe stands, revealing the tattoos adorning his upper torso. He continues to speak in tongue. "I was there, demon spawn.... I was there."

[Psyche]: "I know."

[JadedDM]: Lizardman:  He looks at Christophe's tattoo and hisses in his own language.  "You...you were with Pahualaxa!  I should kill you where you stand!"

[JadedDM]: Duergar:  "Whoa, whoa, there laddies...I ain't knowing what ye're saying, but let's just settle down there."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Well, uh...if you tell him, what's the worst that could happen?"

[Psyche]: "Rejection?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Well, if he does...at least you'll know, right?" she says lamely.

[Christophe]: Christophe's face is steely resolve. He continues hissing at the serpent. "Careful now. Don't want to get disqualified from your tournament now, do you?"

[Psyche]: "Yeah...I would just be heartbroken in the process. I don't know if I could handle that."

[JadedDM]: Lizardman:  He switches back to Renosian.  "Yessss....we shall ssssettle thisss in the ring."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "I'm sorry.  I'm no good at this...uh...I'll ask Azedeth for guidance tonight."

[Christophe]: He hisses again. "I would gladly settle this in a duel. In the name of Pahualaxa, I'll have your life."

[Psyche]: "Um, I don't know if Azedeth is one to give relationship advice, Kestrel, but thank you anyway."

[JadedDM]: Lizardman:  "You challenge me?  I would know your name, human."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Well...true.  That's really His daughter's domain.  But...maybe He can do something."

[Christophe]: Christophe steps out from the bath and begins to dress himself. "The name is Conquaxhol, demon spawn. And yours?"

[Psyche]: "I believe Azedeth can do a great many things, but this one..." she shrugs, moving back to the door.

[JadedDM]: Lizardman:  "I am Hueteotl.  I accept your duel.  Jussst try not to die before we fight."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel follows Psyche inside.

[Christophe]: Christophe gives the serpent another vicious look before exiting the bath house, slamming the door behind him.

[Psyche]: Psyche moves to sit near her bed, grabbing her pack and pulling out her spellbook so she can look over a few of her spells.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel sets the EverSteaming Bottle on the table.  "Did anyone learn anything more about Shaka while they were out?"

[JadedDM]: Christophe returns then to the room.

[Psyche]: "Afraid not. We saw a bugbear though."

[Christophe]: Christophe slams another door, and storms over to his bed. He immediately grabs his crossbow and hugs it close to him. He is clearly steaming with anger.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Christophe?"

[Psyche]: Psyche jumps, looking towards Christophe. "What's wrong?"

[Talthul]: Talthul snores softly, using Guk as a pillow.

[JadedDM]: Draven turns her attention to the older warrior, confused.

[Christophe]: Christophe bites his lower lip. "I.... " he cannot find words right now. "When we face another group known as the Obsidian Stars, I will be facing one of their ranks alone in a duel."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Obsidian Stars?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Not you, too!  I swear..." she groans.

[Psyche]: "Well, it seems no one in this group can keep control of their anger."

[Christophe]: Christophe seethes. "I know it was rash. But my opponent is a lizardman... one who formerly belonged to the Serpent's Tongue. He refused to lay down his weapons and still worships the demon. He is my sworn enemy and we will fight to the death."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Demon?"

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Serpent's Tongue?"

[Psyche]: Psyche finds herself rubbing her forehead in frustration.

[Christophe]: "Yes! Yes! A demon!" His speech grows slightly more manic now. "A beast called a Tanar'ri... I won't even speak the foul beast's name out loud... but these lizards were slaves to the demon. The Serpent's Tongue."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Wait, so...there were these lizardmen who worshipped a demon...and he was one of them.  So now you have to fight him alone?"

[Christophe]: Christophe takes a deep breath, trying to calm himself. "I realize this probably makes no sense to you right now. I don't know if I can explain properly..."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Christophe...do you think you can?  Defeat him alone, I mean."

[Christophe]: Christophe smiles. "Probably not. I'm still swift and agile, but I'm not made for one on one combat. I'm an expert at guerilla warfare, not hand to hand fighting....." His voice grows cold. "But it doesn't matter. I was meant to die alone on the battlefield at some point... perhaps this is it."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "In a duel against a creature you just met?  That is no way to die!"

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "......"

[Psyche]: Psyche looks up from her spellbook. "You aren't going to die, Christophe."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Psyche...he couldn't even withstand a single strike from an ogre...," she looks back to Christophe.  "I do not mean to insult your abilities...but I don't think you thought this out."

[Psyche]: "I know he didn't think this out, but what is done is done." She looks towards Christophe. "While we are finding out more information on Shaka, you should take time to learn more about the lizardman you are to face. Learn his weaknesses. I am asking you not to go in there blindly."

[Christophe]: "Of course I thought about it." He snaps back at her. "I've been willing to die for a revolution my entire life..... Even if the revolution is finished."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "I do not understand what lizardmen have to do with the Rebellion."

[Psyche]: "Kestrel, he probably has his own reasons. Let’s leave it at that for now, okay?"

[Christophe]: "No. She deserves to know... this has nothing to do with your Rebellion. It was another revolution that I fought in and won. A revolution that had some similar circumstances to the one we fight now, albeit in a much smaller, isolated area."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel sits down on her bed, holding her head.  "Talthul bought a slave, Christophe challenged a duel, and we know nothing about Shaka."

[Christophe]: "And there is nothing more I can learn about lizardmen warriors, Psyche. I.... lived amongst them for twenty years."

[Psyche]: Psyche looks over to Kestrel before turning her attention back to Christophe. "Everyone has a weakness, especially in battle. Can you honestly say you know what that weakness is, Christophe? I'm not exactly ready lose you yet just because you made a rash decision."

[JadedDM]: Toby pulls the blanket off of Talthul's bed and lays it on him, covering him up.

[Christophe]: "Of course I know the weaknesses. My tribe defeated them. The problem is, we used the cover of night, we climbed in trees, we hid in the jungle for ten days at a time just to ambush one of their warriors. I no longer have these advantages in a one on one battle."

[Talthul]: Talthul shifts slightly in his sleep, but that's it. He now smells of urine.

[Psyche]: "So you look at it in a different way." She sighs. "We can't help you in this one, so I just wish for you to be prepared." She glances over all of them. "And from now on, I want everyone to keep control of their anger. We are a group, meaning we are to fight as a group, as a team.  If we are to die, then we are going to die together. Do you understand?" She keeps her voice calm and steady.

[JadedDM]: Draven says nothing.  Kestrel nods softly.

[Christophe]: "With age comes wisdom..." Christophe scoffs. "Well, you just try getting older and see what happens."

[Psyche]: "Christophe, you made a bad decision, we all do at times and now you have to face the consequences. Do you have an advantage at all over this lizardman?"

[Christophe]: Christophe pats his bow held close to his chest. "I can shoot him before he knows what hit him. After that.... mmmm... not so sure." He ponders for a moment. "Although I do know a few.... unorthodox combat techniques when my back is up against the wall..."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Well, we face the Iron Skulls first.  Perhaps with the prize money, Christophe can buy some better arsenal."

[Psyche]: "Perhaps." she says to Kestrel. "Before the match tomorrow, we need to gather information on Shaka as well.“

[JadedDM]: There comes a knock at the door.

[Psyche]: Psyche pushes herself up to answer the door.

[JadedDM]: Nobody is there.  However, there is a note on the floor.

[Psyche]: Psyche blinks, yet she bends down to pick up the note to read it over as she closes the door.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "What is it?"

[Psyche]: "It is from the Iron Skulls."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "They forfeit?"

[Psyche]: "Quite the opposite in fact." She sighs. "They plan on killing us and taking our heads to the Overlord to win his favor, for they believe us to be traitors to the nation."

[Christophe]: "Which we are, technically."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "I guess they're serious."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Probably trying to scare us off."

[Psyche]: Psyche actually laughs. "This just keeps getting better and better by the minute." She sits back down.

[JadedDM]: Toby curls up on the floor and tries to go to sleep.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "If only we knew more about them.  I will ask Azedeth for many light prayers to counter the Shadowbite servant's powers.  Other than that..."

[Psyche]: "I'll keep the spell Jerros gave me, and I'll see what I can do with my other spells."

[Christophe]: Christophe motions to the sleeping ex-slave, Toby. "She is staying with us then? For now at least?"

[Psyche]: "We will take her to a farm that could use the help after we are done here. At least that way she will be safe."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "It looks like thanks to Talthul, she is our reasonability for now."

[Christophe]: "That's fine. When I... well, should I meet the end; you make sure to donate some of my coins to her, won't you?"

[Psyche]: "If that time comes, Christophe, I'll make sure to do that." She finally moves to lie down and get some sleep.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Do not talk like that, Christophe.  Have faith."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "......"

[Christophe]: Christophe looks at Draven like some kind of lost puppy for a moment, and finally retires to his bed.

[JadedDM]: All right, we'll stop here.

Back to Renosia II