Session 9:
Mistress of Shadows

 

[JadedDM]: We last left off in the town square of Edge Elm, near what was once the Dread Elm, now a pile of dust.  It is Topas 20th, 665, sometime after 22 bells.

Psyche is still in Wedge's house, feeling rather horrible still at the moment due to the fact that her plan...all and all sucked.

Nari is sitting on the ground, holding her torso, looking around, but smiling slightly.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel helps Draven to her feet, and Wedge does likewise to Nari.

Usagi stands tiredly by Kestrel, gazing around at his leisure. "Well then, time to rest, yes? Where is Psyche-shu?"

Nari gets help up, but still holds on to her torso, on the left side. "Well that was....not all that much fun..."  She looks around for Psyche, not sure where she went.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Azedeth saved us with that one.  We should never forget that."  She looks around.  "Let's try and get everyone inside the mayor's house."  She nods to Usagi.  "She headed toward Wedge's house, I think."

Psyche takes a deep breath and finally pushes herself from the floor, feeling a bit shaky.

[Nari]: "I think we should vacation during Topas...." she laughs briefly at her own comment, before stopping. "Maybe laughter is not such a good idea."

Usagi moves himself over to Wedge's house then.

[JadedDM]: Wedge, Nari, Luke, Draven, and Kestrel slowly limp back to the mayor's house.  Kestrel leads them to the guest room, where she sets Draven down on one of the beds and then goes about trying to fix the bed that was overturned.

Psyche opens the door slowly to see what happened only to blink at Usagi. "W-where is everyone?"

[JadedDM]: Wedge helps Nari to another bed, then goes to help Kestrel.

[Usagi]: "They're all fine. No thanks to yourself hiding, Psyche-shu. What were you doing in here?" He leans this way and that trying to see past her.

Nari lies down. "Well that was....a success, I suppose.  Wait...."

[JadedDM]: Wedge:  "What is it, Nari?"

Psyche frowns. "I was t-trying to get out of h-harm's way." she moves out of Wedge's home slowly, her arms circling around herself as she walks.

[Nari]: "Our objective wasn't to clean up the town," she says with a very soft chuckle. "What was our objective again?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "To retrieve that item.  But we very well couldn't have left things the way they were."

[Nari]: "Not saying that is what we should have done."  She shakes her head slightly.

Usagi heads himself right to the Mayor's house, once he's all freed up.

[JadedDM]: Stepping outside, Psyche sees that the Dread Elm is gone, as are all of the undead.  They now resemble something closer to soup mix.

[Nari]: "We did what we could.  The only thing we could do."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "If only we knew why it happened."

Psyche seems rather surprised, not exactly sure what happened while she was hiding, though she isn't about to ask Usagi either, so she just walks to the mayor's house in silence, her head down perhaps in shame.

[JadedDM]: Draven, exhausted from the fight, drifts to sleep rather unintentionally.

[Nari]: "That would be good to know." She nods slightly moving her head slightly to look at Draven, a big smile grows on her face.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "For now, we should get some rest.  We can worry about such things in the warmth of the morning sun."

Usagi will enter the mayor's house upon getting there, but not before turning his head for a quick wink and a grin.

Psyche steps inside the mayor's house. "W-what are you s-so cheerful about?" she asks as she makes her way to the spare room to get some rest.

Usagi throws up his claws and gives a sigh. "You humans." He clicks his claws as he moves for the study to poke around it again.

[Nari]: "Yeah, probably a good idea." She stares at the ceiling.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "I will take first watch."

Psyche lies down in a bed once in the spare room, glancing over at everyone. "Is...Is e-everyone all right? I'm...uh...s-sorry, I just d-didn't think things through."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Using the scroll you found, I was able to call upon Azedeth's fiery wrath to destroy the tree," she says to Psyche.

[Nari]: "Meh." She glances over to Psyche's direction. "No worries from me.  And I'll take whatever watch you can manage to wake me up for."

Usagi searches the desk for goodies.

Psyche nods slightly to Kestrel. "Still...I'm s-sorry."

[JadedDM]: Usagi finds some tax forms, personal letters, pardon forms, and other such things, but not much else.

Psyche finally closes her eyes, finding that she is rather tired and in pain, so rest would be the best idea at the moment in her mind.

Usagi takes a fleeting interest in one of the pardon forms, then grins and takes a handful of pardon forms, and a handful of tax forms.

[JadedDM]: Wedge picks up Luke and sets him in the fourth bed, and then kneels beside it.

Nari turns her head towards Luke and Wedge.

Usagi moves from the study to the master bedroom.

[JadedDM]: Inside the bedroom, all that remains of the former mayor is a pile of dust.

[JadedDM]: Luke drifts off to sleep, but Wedge has a face of stone; his feelings and thoughts are not readable at all.

[Usagi]: (That all? A big pile of dust?)

[JadedDM]: (Yes, like all of the undead, he more or less disintegrated.)

[Nari]: "Wedge?"

[JadedDM]: Wedge blinks, and then slowly turns his head to Nari, as if such a task required immense effort and energy.  "Yes?"

[Usagi]: (No, I meant, what else is inside the room beside the big pile of dust?)

Nari was going to ask something but changes her mind and gives a warm smile. "Go to bed."

[JadedDM]: (The same things that were in the room the last time I described it:  The large, king-sized bed, a wardrobe, a full-sized mirror, and other typical bedroom attire.)

Usagi moves toward the wardrobe and checks what there is inside it.

[JadedDM]: Wedge nods slowly, and lies down on the floor, next to Luke's bed.

[JadedDM]: Inside Usagi finds some clothes, presumably the late mayor's.

[Usagi]: (What kinda clothes?)

[JadedDM]: (Shirts, pants, shoes, and a robe.)

Nari tried to find a comfortable position lying on her back, wriggling here and there and finally gives it up and closes her eyes and tries to sleep.

Usagi examines the quality and contents of the robe.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel searches the house for Usagi, finding him in the bedroom.  "Usagi...come and rest.  There will be time for that tomorrow."

Usagi looks over at the large bed, then back at Kestrel. "I will sleep here."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "The rest of us are in the guest room.  If something attacks you, you would be left alone, with nobody watching to wake you."

Usagi shrugs his shoulders and hops onto the bed.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel shakes her head.  "So be it.  You're on your own then."  She leaves and returns to the guest room.

Usagi will sleep in said room.

[JadedDM]: After hours of rest, the morning sun greets you, as if oblivious to the events of last night.  Outside, the birds are singing.  In the back of your mind, you almost want to believe that last night was just a bad dream, to fade away into nothing.  But the scars and bruises you carry show you otherwise.

Usagi goes back to the wardrobe after finishing his morning rituals.

Psyche lays there in bed for a few moments before slowly pushing herself up, wincing a bit as she does so. "W-where is Usagi? He h-has that bottle, I n-need to Identify."

[Nari]: Thanks to the shinning sun Nari wakes up.  She tries to move but decides that lying down for a couple of minutes would be more fun, so she examines the ceiling.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "He decided to sleep alone, in the bedroom."

[JadedDM]: Upon awakening, the four women notice that both Luke and Wedge are all ready gone from their beds.  Meanwhile, Usagi goes through the dead mayor's clothes, which seem to be made of cotton, like most clothes.

Nari looks over to where Luke and Wedge were.  "Where are Luke and Wedge?"

[Psyche]: "M-maybe they went b-back to their home."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "They woke up early, and headed outside to check on things."

[JadedDM]: Draven groans and checks her wounds.  "At least I didn't wake up dead."

[Nari]: "Okay, that makes sense." She tries to sit up by herself, but again decides that she's rather lay down. "Kestrel can you just do something about the pain in the ribs.  It's all I ask for now." She smiles at Draven's comment. "We can arrange otherwise if you like...."

Psyche stands up slowly, groaning a bit. "Usagi!" she nearly yells before sitting back down, so it really hurts to move at the moment, yelling is an easier way to get someone's attention.

Usagi continues his quest to go through the dead mayor's things, especially checking the pockets of the robe.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "My healing prayers are limited, but I'll do what I can."  She lays hands on Nari and prays softly.  Her hands are enveloped with a golden light.

[JadedDM]: The robe, which seems to be nothing more than a bathrobe, has only one pocket.  Inside, Usagi only finds a bit of lint.

Usagi sniffs the lint out of habit, then tosses it aside.

Psyche glances over to Kestrel. "Are w-we heading back t-today?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel nods to Psyche.  "I don't see much reason to stay any longer.  There are no bodies to bury, after all."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel now turns to Draven and repeats the procedure.

Nari sighs. "Thank you very much, Kestrel" She now sits up and starts to look over her other injuries, deciding what she wants to do about them.

[Psyche]: "Okay...let m-me do my s-spell first. Maybe f-find Luke and Wedge while I'm d-doing it?" she pushes herself up, as Usagi isn't answering.

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Well, that's a start, I guess," she says, after her wounds heal slightly.

[Nari]: "Be grateful you." Nari fakes a snare at Draven.

[Psyche]: "You...w-wouldn't have anymore of t-those prayers, would you Kestrel?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel nods.  "One more."  She places a hand on Psyche's shoulder and prays again.

Usagi pokes about the room a little longer and scratches his head. He searches it head to toe for components and the like.

[Psyche]: "Thank you." She smiles faintly before walking out of the room to the master bedroom. "Usagi...w-where is that bottle....and what a-are you doing?"

[JadedDM]: Strangely, Usagi finds nothing of the sort, thus increasing the mystery further.

Usagi scratches his scaly chin. "I am looking for the mayor's stock of arcane miscellanea. There is none." He starts out of the room.

Nari cleans some of the dried up bloody with a little spit.  "What I wouldn't give for a full bath right now...." She stands, daring to stretch a little and holds back most of the groans.

[Psyche]: "I d-don't think he w-would just keep it in h-his room, Usagi. May I h-have that bottle before you run off?"

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Yeah, add it to the list of things Jerros owes us."

[Nari]: "The only thing I will ask of Jerros is to have no jobs during Topas anymore."  She nods.

Usagi pauses to pull the bottle from his robe and toss it to Psyche, then scurries off to search the house in completion.

[JadedDM]: The only places left to search are the guest room, the kitchen, and the dining room.

[Nari]: "I think I am going to go find Wedge." She gathers all her effects.

Psyche catches the bottle, shaking her head before moving back into the guest room to sit down. Once she sits down she places the bottle in front of her before pulling out everything she needs for the spell. "This s-shouldn't take too long, t-then we can go."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel nods and takes a seat on the bed that Nari has left unoccupied.

Nari leaves to find Wedge and his little brother.

(Nari whispered to JadedDM): Nari will leave the Mayor's house obviously and look around from the doorway to see if Wedge out in the open before heading towards his house.

[JadedDM]: Nari steps outside, the warmth of the sun gently kissing her skin.  Straight ahead she spots little Luke, examining the dust that was once the Sacred Elm.

Usagi takes stock of all the rooms at leisure, now that he has time to.

Nari heads over to Luke. "Hey Luke, how are you feeling?"  She also looks at the spot where the tree once was.

[JadedDM]: Luke stands and spins to face her, his face looking a bit like he was just caught with his hand in the cookie jar.  His expression clears quickly, though.  "I'm all right.  Just looking at something," he says.

[Usagi]: As in, makes note of all the rooms in the house.

[Nari]: She smiles at the little guy, "What?  Find something interesting?"

[JadedDM]: Clockwise, the rooms in the mayor's house are the kitchen, study, bedroom, guest room, and dining room.

[JadedDM]: Luke:  "Something's growing," he says, pointing to a part in the pile of dust he had cleared away.  His hands and clothes are covered in the dust now, as a result.

Psyche mutters a little rhyme to conjure herself an owl feather rather quickly as she doesn't have that one ingredient for her spell.

(To JadedDM) DICE for Psyche: (1d20) :  1d20=8  = [ 8 ]

Usagi checks the kitchen first, as that would be a funny place to store components.

[Nari]: "Something good I hope..." She kneels down to get a closer look. "I don't like it when trees try to kill me you know?'

Psyche then begins chanting away once the owl feather is conjured, she says a few words before dipping the owl feather into the vial of wine, then she chants a few more words before dropping one of the pearls into the wine before finally drinking the vial all together.

[JadedDM]: Usagi finds a few small piles of dust, and the open pantry that the party raided earlier.  Everything else is still like it was last time he was here.

Usagi checks all of the drawers and cabinets and such.

[Usagi]: (Well, it may take long, but Usagi has at least 8 hours to search the house)

[JadedDM]: Nari examines the area closer, and she spots a little green sprout growing where the Elm used to stand.

Psyche looks rather tired after her spell is over, but she looks over to Kestrel. "It c-can heal, the s-steam that is."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Heal?"

[Usagi]: (Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't identify take 8 hours to set up?)

[JadedDM]: (Yes, usually, to purify the item.  If you do so without it, you suffer a big penalty in your odds of learning anything.)

[Usagi]: (Hmmm, good to know for future reference.)

Psyche nods slightly. "If you s-sit near the bottle while it is uncorked, then you b-begin to heal. You s-shouldn't stay within the s-steam too terribly long though, or it c-can make you tired."

[Usagi]: (So uh, nothing in the kitchen?)

[JadedDM]: Usagi finds some spoiled food (the party took all the good stuff) in the pantry, and a few spices, but that's about it.

[Nari]: "I'm not much of a green thumb, but I think the Elm is growing back.  Hopefully it is the Good Elm.  This is interesting though. We'll have to tell the others." She looks over to Luke and sits back.  "Where is your brother by the way?"

Usagi scratches his chin again, in thought. (The house look like it has an attic?)

[JadedDM]: (Not that he can see.  No staircases anywhere.)

[JadedDM]: Luke:  "Uh...he's around.  I think he went home."

[Usagi]: (From the outside I mean. Is the roof built in such a way that it would form an attic?)

[JadedDM]: (Doesn't look like it, no.)

Nari nods, "Okay. Keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary, okay?  I'm going to go find your brother."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Not quite the powerful weapon we were hoping for."

[Usagi]:  He lies down and presses his ear hole to the floor, and knocks on it, sounding for a cellar.

Nari stands and heads for Wedge's house.

[Psyche]: "No, but it s-still could be useful." she tucks everything away before slowly standing. "Lets g-gather everyone and g-get out of here."

[JadedDM]: The floor sounds rather solid in the kitchen.

[JadedDM]: Nari finds the door to Wedge's home all ready open.

Usagi moves to the bedroom and tries again.

Nari knocks on the door as she enters, "Wedge you here?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Let me see the bottle.  I'll hold on to it, since healing is partially my domain.  Well, somewhat, anyway."

Psyche hands the bottle over to Kestrel.

[JadedDM]: Again, the floor sounds quite solid to Usagi.

[JadedDM]: Nari steps in, and finds Wedge standing in the living room, looking at a painting above the fireplace, his back to her.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "This all will make quite a report for Jerros."

Nari looks at the painting and walks up to Wedge, putting her hand on his shoulder, "You alright Wedge?"

[Psyche]: "Yeah...he is g-going to be so mad at me. " she shakes her head slightly. "I r-really messed up here." she crosses her arms.

[JadedDM]: The painting is that of a beautiful, golden tree that seems to be glowing with a soft light.  Wedge does not react to Nari, other than to lower his head slightly.  "It's all gone now."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "We all panicked a bit.  We weren't expecting this.  But at least we accomplished our goals."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Mad?  We're the ones who should be mad.  He doesn't pay us enough for this crap."

[Nari]: "What?"  She looks up at the tree, assuming that it is suppose to be the Elm.  "I think that Elm may be growing back, if that is what you mean."

Usagi scowls. He picks himself up and takes out the journal, reading it for any clues as to component and spellbook locations.

Psyche looks over to Draven. "He d-doesn't pay us at all...we a-aren't doing this to g-get paid, but to help Renosia.

[JadedDM]: Wedge:  "Elm?"  He turns to face her, his face a bit paler than normal.  "My family...everyone I grew up with..."

[Nari]: "It isn't all gone.  You still have Luke.  And you have us, the Rebels."

[JadedDM]: Usagi starts reading the journal from the beginning.  It mostly tells about how he's excited he's mayor now, and the changes he plans to make.  It looks to be dated about five years ago.

[JadedDM]: Draven snorts.  "Yeah, well we should.  Ideas and hopes don't feed us, or keep us equipped."

Usagi skims through the journal for the subject he wants.

[JadedDM]: Wedge sighs and looks down at his hands.  "I was totally powerless to stop this..."

[Psyche]: "We live g-good lives compared to s-some people in this c-country." she frowns slightly. "Ideas and hopes are w-what keep us moving through w-with this life."

[JadedDM]: Usagi speed-reads the book until he finds reference to magic, which is in an entry about four months later, when the mayor speaks about visiting his uncle, who might share some spells with him.

[Nari]: "We all were Wedge.  You really can't beat yourself up about it now.  It is time for looking to the future and not dwell on things we have no control over."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Psyche...how long does it take this bottle to start working?"

Usagi looks for where the uncle lives.

[Psyche]: "About an hour, if I r-remember correctly."

Usagi then closes it and nods, before obtaining the information. He heads out of the Mayor's house.

[JadedDM]: Wedge:  "I just...what if this happens again?  Somewhere else?"

[JadedDM]: Usagi steps outside to see Luke poking at something near the Elm dust.

Usagi searches around for a house close to the mayors that looks relatively nice.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Perhaps we can make some use of it before we leave."

Psyche tilts her head slightly. "W-what do you mean?"

Nari sighs. "No idea.  We would need to know what exactly caused all this to happen before we could even begin to find a solution to keeping it from happening again."

[JadedDM]: None of the houses are quite as big as the mayor's house.  They more or less all resemble Wedge's house in terms of design and size.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel blinks.  "Most of us are quite wounded.  If this bottle can heal us...," she trails off there, hoping Psyche understands now.

[JadedDM]: Wedge:  "If I had more power...like Kestrel...then maybe...I could have been more useful."

Usagi moves over to the little boy, and pokes him gently in the shoulder from behind.

[Psyche]: "Well, yes, w-we are, but that bottle only h-heals a little bit each hour." she explains. "And if we sit in it too t-terribly long, we b-become tired. Plus, if w-we use it all, w-we have to give the bottle at least a d-day to recharge."

Nari smiles her normal smile. "All in time Wedge, all in time.  You will wake up one day and find you have more power than you thought and you will be able to do great things."

[JadedDM]: Luke reacts again like he did with Nari, spinning around with a guilty look on his face that quickly clears up.  However, rather than looking up, he is more or less all ready at eye level with the kobold.  "Whatcha want?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Might as well heal what we can then, before departing, yes?"

Usagi gives the little boy a grin. "Playing, yes? Tell me, did the mayor have an uncle in this town?"

[JadedDM]: Wedge:  "What makes you so sure of that?"

[JadedDM]: Luke:  "Yeah...but not in town.  He was a really important wizard, or something."

[Psyche]: "I guess so." she shrugs slightly, figuring that if she gets anymore tired she'll just end up passing out anyway. "Should w-we gather everyone or...?"

Usagi regards the boy with his left eye. "Where then?"

Nari looks at him, with a little sadness in her eyes. "Nothing makes me sure of anything.  That is my little bit of faith and hope.  My faith in you and myself and everyone else who try to do what is right." She smiles gently. "We are probably leaving soon.  I think I will go back to the mayor's house to see about what the plan is now."

[JadedDM]: Luke:  "Some place near the sea," he shrugs.

[JadedDM]: Wedge nod slowly.  "Yes...all right.  Thank you, Nari."

Usagi takes a bit of gum from his robe and offers it to Luke.

[Nari]: "Any time Wedge, anytime." She heads back out the house.

[JadedDM]: Wedge follows her.

[JadedDM]: Luke waves the stuff away, not interested in tree sap.  He then sees his brother and Nari heading back to the mayor's house, and goes with them.

Usagi shrugs his shoulders and pops it into his mouth. He heads for the mayor's house with the others.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel is waiting for them when they arrive.  "Good, you're all back."

Nari enters the mayorís house and goes to Kestrel and the others, asking as she enters, "So it seems that in the Elms spot something is growing, just thought you all would like to know.  But more importantly, what now?"

Psyche glances towards the others once they arrive.

[Nari]: "What can we say, we have good timing."

Usagi breaks off for the master bedroom again, to read the journal.

Nari she shrugs and smiles.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "That's good.  I guess life may continue to grow here again."

[Psyche]: "Are we g-going to test out that b-bottle or not, Kestrel?"

[Nari]: "Test out the bottle?"  She looks between the two of them, slightly confused.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Psyche has determined the abilities of this steaming bottle."

[Nari]: "Oh?  And what are those abilities?"

(Usagi whispered to JadedDM): (Obviously going to read the journal.)

[Psyche]: "The steam is s-suppose to heal, according to w-what I gathered. A little b-bit each hour, but if you s-stay in the steam too long, you b-become tired."

[JadedDM]: Usagi reads about his uncle's visit and his amusing anecdotes from his family members from his uncle's hometown.

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "How long is 'too long'?"

Nari smiles happily. "Sounds absolutely wonderful."

Psyche glances at Draven. "Three hours."

[Nari]: "A two hour delay sounds good to me."

[Usagi]: (Or he would read about it if he wasn't skimming for subjects pertaining to magic)

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "All right.  We'll go into the guest room and close the door, so the steam doesn't escape."

[Nari]: "Wherever is good with me."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel heads into the guest room and sets the bottle on the center of the floor.

Psyche glances at Kestrel. "Um...maybe I s-should mention that this information c-could be wrong too. There is a-always that chance."

Nari starts to follow Kestrel, but stops and looks at Psyche, "Could be wrong?"

[Psyche]: "There is a-always a chance of failure with s-spells."

[JadedDM]: The journal's next mention of magic talks about a new spell his uncle taught him, that allows one to control rope in various ways.

Nari frowns, opens her mouth to say something, but stops herself.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "You're saying magic is unreliable?"

Usagi skips that too, in search of something he's actually interested in.

[Psyche]: "It c-can be, yes." she frowns slightly. "I d-depend on magic, but t-there is always that small chance something w-will go wrong, which is why m-mages have to b-be careful with their spells.

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "So you're saying we should never fully trust your abilities, right?  Beautiful."

Psyche sighs. "I just...thought I s-should warn you." she crosses her arms.

[Nari]: "I am not too sure about being maybe healed anymore..." She sighs. "Letís go...."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Ah, great.  So this was all for nothing."  She stands up, grumbling.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Psyche, if you are saying you're wrong on this, there is nobody else we can go to confirm it."

[Nari]: "Draven cheer up.  We get to leave now.  Go and have a nice bath once we get back.  Relax and the whole lot.  And it wasn't for nothing."

[Psyche]: "I'm not s-saying I'm wrong, I'm just s-saying there is a chance." she frowns again. "Damn it...j-just give me the b-bottle, and I'll just...t-test it myself."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel frowns.  "Psyche, you're plan didn't work out like you wanted, but that doesn't mean everything you do is a failure.  Magic may fail now and again, but so does everything else.  I say we just try it out."

(To JadedDM) DICE for Usagi: (1d20) :  1d20=3  = [ 3 ]

[Psyche]: "I d-don't want everyone to...to get hurt again because of m-me though."

Nari looks at Psyche and then Kestrel. "But we don't want you to get hurt again either.  Can you do the spell again? And double check?"

Psyche shakes her head at Nari. "I c-can't."

[Nari]: "Not even, say tomorrow?"

[JadedDM]: Usagi breezes through the heavy tome, finding no direct references to where the mayor keeps his spellbook or components.  They are mentioned a few times in passing, but there are no directions on where they can be found.

[Psyche]: "Honestly, I h-haven't even had time to do the s-spell properly. Even if I d-do it again tomorrow, I will n-need a full eight h-hours to cleanse the bottle, and w-we really can't wait much longer."

Usagi goes back out into the town.
[Nari]: "I think we should wait on it.  We can travel well enough as we are.  And then when we do have time you can do the spell properly.  How do you do a spell improperly and not have disastrous results?" She ask a bit confused but curious not knowing much about magic.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel sighs, and picks up the bottle, tucking it away before standing.

Usagi chews on the gum while he moves out into town.

Nari glances over at the sighing Kestrel.

[JadedDM]: Usagi steps outside, into the open.  Nobody is around, as everyone is still in the mayor's house.

[Psyche]: "I c-can still do the spell without cleansing the item, but the divination just m-might be as...great." she sighs. "So...I d-didn't think....again." she mutters. "Maybe I j-just shouldn't be a mage." she heads for the door.

[Usagi]: (Too bad Usagi wasn't there, sigh.)

Usagi furrows his brow as he chews.

[Nari]: "Nonsense, Psyche.  Do not start doubting your abilities now.  We still need you."  She wonders what is with everyone and their negative attitudes today.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Psyche, feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to help us.  You were sent on this mission because you're the only one who can identify this."

Usagi heads back into the mayor's house.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "So you made a mistake.  We all have at one point or another.  And you'll make plenty more, I'm sure.  But nobody died; we accomplished our mission...so there's no reason to mope about it."

[Psyche]: "Can w-we just go?"

Nari freezes slightly at Kestrel's words.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel shakes her head, exiting 'preach mode.'  "Let's go then."

Nari shakes her head slightly and heads out.

Psyche makes her way out.

Usagi walks into the house, meeting the others on the way. "Not leaving I hope." He moves into the depths of the house to search the study more.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Yes, we are.  The sooner we get back to base, the sooner this is all over."  She heads outside with the others.

[Nari]: "Um...IÖ," she glances back at Usagi as they are exiting the house. "I'm not sure if Usagi is following us."
[JadedDM]: Kestrel stops and turns to Nari.  "Then go get him."

[Nari]: "Yes, I will try." She turns around and goes to get Usagi.

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Or just leave him here.  That sounds good, too."

Nari heads on to the study, "Usagi we are leaving.  Kestrel asked me to get you so that we can head back."

Psyche stands outside the mayor's house, just pretty much waiting quietly.

[Usagi]: "Then help me search for the Mayor's spellbook and components, or ask Wedge." He takes books from shelves.

[Nari]: "Spellbooks?" She shakes her head. "Don't you have you own spells?  Why do you need the Mayor's?  Besides what is her destroyed them when he realized what was happening?  Or hid them or something like that. And I seriously doubt Wedge would know, he hasn't been here in a couple of years.  Letís just go."  She sounds very tired and looks tired with all her wounds and such.

Usagi continues pulling books at random and searching them briefly. "All save the last completely incorrect, I'm sure. To answer your questions, because not all mages have the same spells."

[Nari]: "Well I am going to be no help to you, for several reasons." She leaves to tell Kestrel the news.

[JadedDM]: Usagi finds books on history, old lore, one on cantrips, one on Spell Theory, one on Philosophy of Magic, and a couple of almanacs.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel looks to Nari when she returns.  "Is he coming?"

Usagi takes one on cantrips, one on spell theory, and one on philosophy on magic. He continues his search though.

[Nari]: "Um, doesn't look like it.  He is hell-bent on finding the mayor's spellbook and components.  I suppose if we help him look for it, he would move along faster.  But I seriously doubt he will leave without it."

Psyche looks at Nari, sighing. "He w-won't find it, besides, he c-can't even read it." she heads back into the mayor's house and into the study.  "Usagi...you c-couldn't even read his spellbook anyway, so g-give up all ready. Besides, I all r-ready checked."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel sighs.  "Tell him he has one hour.  After that, we are leaving, with or without him."

Nari nods and heads on back.

[Usagi]: "Psyche-shu, you are the queen of idiocy." Frustration sounds through his voice. "Do you even know how wrong you are? If I had time I would draw you a map of where your statement is, and where the truth is. I assure you, they are miles apart."

Nari enters the study.  "Usagi, Kestrel is giving you an hour and then we are leaving with or without you."

[Psyche]: "You a-aren't going to find his spellbook, Usagi, and even if  you do, as I s-stated before you wouldn't b-be able to read it without my spell." she smirks a bit. "In which c-case, if you are wanting to learn anything from m-me, then we better h-head back now."

Nari heads back out.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "I am going to pray a bit," she says, and she heads to the pile of dust the Elm once was.

[JadedDM]: Wedge:  "I'll join you."

Usagi glances over his shoulder. "A smirk is a facial expression you humans reserve for superiority, victory, and generally to show another that one has the upper hand. So it is completely foreign to me why you insist on using it in incorrect form. You will wait an hour, and in fact, if you were smart you'd help me." He turns back to his work. "Don't run away either, I know how much you love to do that."

Nari comes back out into the bright sunny day to see that only Draven is where she was before and looks to see that Wedge and Kestrel are over by the where the Elm was once.

[JadedDM]: Both Kestrel and Wedge are in prayer.  Luke looks around, rather bored, kicking at little pebbles.  Draven looks equally bored, and nurses one of her wounds.

[Psyche]: "I'm not g-going to help you find the Mayor's spellbook. I g-got all the spells he had." she shrugs slightly, then turns and walks out.

[Nari]: "So Luke what would you do for fun around here.  We have an hour.  I think a game might be in order.  How about you Draven?"

[Usagi]: "Running away again? Funny, I wasn't pretending to be a tree..." He continues his search.

[JadedDM]: An hour passes...Usagi tears the study apart, causing quite a mess of paper, books, and scrolls.  He does not find what he seeks, however.  The others pass the time in prayer, thought, or in little games.

Usagi shrugs his shoulders and exits the building when his time is up.

Psyche yawns as she waits for the others near the entrance, or exit of the town.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel notes the emergence of Usagi from the house.  "Good...let us be going then."

Usagi raises a claw and begins a spell.

Nari picks up her effects and starts to walk but pauses when Usagi begins a spell, glancing over her shoulder in curiously.

[Usagi]: "Eyelash, I need one, so one I will summon."

(To JadedDM) DICE for Usagi: (1d20) :  1d20=13  = [ 13 ]

Psyche rolls her eyes.

Usagi succeeds, then says another couplet. "A wing feather to fly, pluck one from a bird nearby."

Usagi succeeds again, and begins a new spell.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel grows tired of waiting for him.  She begins the long walk back.

[JadedDM]: Draven and Wedge follow, the latter holding Luke's hand for safety.

Nari follows after Kestrel.

Psyche follows after the group as well.

Usagi rises into the air as the spell finishes and flies with considerable speed towards and above the group, and indeed, in front of them. He begins another spell when he's some distance in front.

Nari blinks a few times at seeing Usagi fling past them. "When did he....I don't think I have seen that spell from him before."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Must be why he's showing off."

Psyche shrugs slightly. "Probably a n-new one."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Usagi, stay with the group.  Stop cutting up!"

[Psyche]: "That is w-what he does. Just ignore h-him."

Usagi disappears.

Nari laughs. "This could be an interesting trip."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel sighs, and continues on.  "Azedeth, hear my prayer...don't let me ever have to bear the burden of leadership again," she mutters wryly.

Psyche crosses her arms and continues walking on.

[JadedDM]: The day passes without incident, and when night falls, the party makes camp.

Usagi reappears when they stop for the night, having been scouting for the duration of his flight spells. He moves over to Psyche.

Psyche curls up once they stop to make camp, using her pack for a pillow as she normally does, exhausted.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel does what she can to start a fire.

Nari drops her gear and her self to the ground. "That was a good day if you ask me." She looks over her wounds to make sure none are festering and then eats.

Psyche tries to not even acknowledge Usagi.

Usagi pokes her shoulder. "I believe there was your promise to teach me read magic."

[JadedDM]: Draven plops down near the fireplace and groans.

[Psyche]: "My promise?" she blinks. "I s-said maybe. That isn't a promise."

[JadedDM]: Luke begins hopping around, as if trying to stomp on a bug or something.

[Usagi]: "You promised."

[JadedDM]: Wedge kneels by the fire, staring into it.

[Psyche]: "I know w-what I said, and I didn't promise." she frowns. "And honestly, w-what do you need my spells for, when you obviously have your own you c-can use to show off with." she shrugs slightly. "My spells are my o-own, and with the w-way you act...you w-won't ever get one of my spells until the d-day I die."

Nari looks over at everyone, but keeps her eyes on Psyche and Usagi.

Usagi raises a hand to his head and cries out in pain suddenly.

[Nari]: "What is wrong, Usagi?" She asks alarmed.

Psyche turns slightly to look up at Usagi, yet doesn't lift her head. "Uh..."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel blinks and looks over to the two sorcerers, wondering if she'll need to step in again between them.

Usagi falls onto his rear. "Can't... stand... such... stupidity. My mind is being assaulted by your mere presence. I oh no! Oh no! It's killing me..." He promptly picks himself up and walks a few yards away, only to collapse.

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "So is that all it took?  Psyche, you're my hero."

[Nari]: "Oh my...."she sighs and smiles at Draven.

Psyche laughs at Draven.

[JadedDM]: Luke:  "Gah!  Hold still!"  He continues hopping around like a frog.

[Nari]: "What are you trying to get there, Luke?"

Usagi goes to sleep soon, has nothing better to do.

[JadedDM]: Luke groans.  "My...shadow!" he says in between hops.

Psyche sits up quickly upon hearing that.

Nari opens her mouth slightly horrified by that idea. "You might want to leave it alone....you never know when it might come alive....."

[JadedDM]: Wedge:  "Luke...now is not the time for your imagination..," he trails off as he notices his own shadow is pulling away from him.

Nari checks her own shadow for any misconduct.

Psyche stands up quickly. "Get a-away from your shadows!" she nearly yells at Wedge and Luke.

Usagi gets up as soon as the shadow stuff begins happening again.

[JadedDM]: The entire party's shadows pull away from them, and all pool together about 10 yards to the south, forming one large, dark shadow.

[JadedDM]: Wedge draws his sword.  "What sorcery is this?"

Usagi begins casting a spell.

Psyche begins chanting the words to a spell quickly.

Nari stands as quickly as possible as well, pulling out her dagger, but changing her mind as she sees if is forming one big shadow and replaces her dagger and draws her sword.

[JadedDM]: From this one shadow, emerges a single humanoid form.  It is a person wearing robes as dark as the night.  In this person's delicate hand is an impressive looking black staff, with a shimmering dark crystal on top.  A hood covers the person's features, save for their lower chin and mouth.

Usagi doesn't stop his casting.

[Nari]: "Who are you?"

[JadedDM]: (The figure makes no move to defend itself.  Go ahead and fire off your spells.)

Usagi three bolts of light streak from his claws, towards the person.

Psyche chants the words to her spell quickly, throwing some phosphorescent moss into the air towards the shadow creature.

Nari would also move so that she is in front of Luke.

[JadedDM]: The missiles fly through the air, but seem to strike some sort of invisible barrier around the figure.  The spell Psyche casts causes a small burst of light to appear, but it quickly is distinguished by the darkness.  The figure speaks, her voice echoing slightly.  "Such paltry cantrips...they cannot harm me.  Hold your fire.  I come to bear a message, nothing more."

[Psyche]: "Message?" she frowns.

Nari waits for this message.

[JadedDM]: Woman:  "You may call me The Mistress of Shadows, for you are not worthy to know my true name.  I wish you to tell your leader that...I still have his brother, and if he does not do what I ask, he will die quite painfully.  I am tired of his...extracurricular activities with this futile group."

Usagi knew that was going to happen by the woman's manner. "That's fabulous. Good-bye now."

[JadedDM]: Woman:  "I sent him here for a reason, and he has made no ground yet in accomplishing that task."

[Usagi]: "Yes, once again, good-bye."

Psyche frowns. "Do w-what? What do you have to do with Jerros?!"

Nari is utterly confused and lost.

[JadedDM]: Woman:  "That is not the concern of such lower creatures.  Simply deliver the message.  He will understand."

[Usagi]: "Yes, right. Farewell and all."

[Nari]: "Did you attack us before with our shadows?"

Psyche doesn't look like she likes this at all.

[JadedDM]: There is a pause before the Mistress of Shadows answers.  "A test...you did better than I thought.  But you still have no hope of winning this pointless war."

[Usagi]: "Right, we're so very below you and all of that. Shouldn't you be leaving?"

[Nari]: "There is always hope.  But you surely can leave us alone now. And return our shadows to where they belong."

[Psyche]: "We will win this war." she says rather confidently, which is a change for her.

[JadedDM]: Mistress of Shadows:  "How boldly stupid.  A common trait in such short-lived beings.  Suit yourself then.  It is no concern of mine.  Tell Soulstaff what you have learned here.  If not...I can't promise my shadows won't come for you again."  Slowly, she sinks back into the shadow puddle, which then dissipates.

Nari looks for her shadow in it proper, passive state below her feet.

Psyche looks at everyone for a few moments, obviously confused as she sits back down once the shadows return to normal.

[JadedDM]: The shadows return to normal, slowly phasing into view on their own.

[JadedDM]: Wedge lowers his sword.  "What...was that all about?"

Nari puts her swords away and sits down, "That was bloody unnerving...."

[Usagi]: "Who cares?" He lies back down to sleep.

[Psyche]: "I k-knew he knew something." she frowns slightly.

Nari shudders slightly.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel shudders.  "Such power...even greater than the Elm...she was almost one with the Darkness itself..." she unconsciously hugs herself.

Psyche lies back down, using her pack as a pillow, curling up even tighter after all of that.

[Nari]: "I've got the last watch."  She lies down to sleep.

Psyche closes her eyes to get some sleep, or try to get some sleep at least.

[JadedDM]: Two days pass without further incident, before the village of Lumbertown comes into view.  (Everyone regains 2 hp during their travels.)

[Nari]: "I really don't wish to return to Lumbertown....can we skip it this time around?"

Psyche looks upon the town. "Maybe Usagi s-should go invisible while we go through t-this town."

Nari looks over to Kestrel, giving a kid like smile and the best puppy dogís eyes possible.

[Usagi]: "Maybe you sh-should t-talk to me directly, Psyche-shu."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "All right.  We'll go around it.  We have enough supplies to make it back to the base."

[Psyche]: "Lead the way." she ignores Usagi, something she is starting to become rather good at.

[Nari]: "Yessss!" She does a little victory dance, mostly for the enjoyment of Luke.

[JadedDM]: Luke snorts a bit in laughter.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel begins to lead the party around the town.

Psyche follows, smiling faintly at Nari.

Nari smiles having achieved what she wanted.

Usagi continues walking a look of determination on his face, biting his lip.

[JadedDM]: After four more days of travel, the party returns to the base.  (4 HP for all!)  It is now Topas 27th, Seaday, around evening.

[Nari]: "Home," she says with a sigh.

Psyche seems to relax a bit as they return to the base. "Oh, t-thank Azedeth."

Usagi just trudges along.

Nari would enter said base.

[JadedDM]: Once inside, they age greeted by Biggs and Ilo.  Biggs seems far less surprised to see them back in one piece this time.  "Welcome back.  I'll go get Jerros to meet you in the Conference Room," he says, and sprints off.

Usagi moves into the conference room, unenthusiastically.

Psyche heads inside the base and straight to the Conference Room.

Nari finds herself a seat in the conference room.  She looks over her scabbed up wounds now. 

[JadedDM]: Once everyone has settled down, Jerros enters, his eyes shining with anticipation.  He takes a seat in his chair.  "Glad to see you all made it back in one piece."

[Nari]: "I wouldn't get too glad, Jerros."

Psyche smiles upon seeing Jerros, oh such a face she has been wanting to see. "We...have a message for y-you."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "We succeeded in our mission, but...,"

[Nari]: "We had a visit from the Mistress of Shadows, again."

[JadedDM]: Jerros:  He frowns.  "Go ahead and give your report then, Kest...," he is interrupted by Nari, and his face goes quite pale at the sound of that name.

[Nari]: "That's about how I felt, more or less." She nods slightly.

[Psyche]: "She said..." she thinks for a moment. "That if you don't do ask she has asked, your brother will die painfully." she says it without stuttering, which is another accomplishment.

[JadedDM]: Jerros lowers his head.  "So...she found me."  His fists tighten in anger.

[Nari]: "Would you be willing to fill us in Jerros?  Perhaps we can help?"

Psyche looks over everyone for a moment, then back to Jerros. "Who is she? I...I want to help if I can."

[JadedDM]: Jerros looks up at them.  "I haven't been fully honest with you all...when you were attacked by shadows before, I was hoping...it was just a fluke.  I guess I underestimated her power once again."

[Psyche]: "She said that...y-you were sent here for a reason..."

[Nari]: "We kinda figured you weren't telling us everything, when it happened again..."  She smiles weakly.

[Usagi]: "Miscalculation seems to be your specialty, also, what Psyche-shu said."

[JadedDM]: Jerros:  "She's a witch of some kind.  I don't know much about her, really.  It all started a couple of years ago, back in Gontoria.  My older brother, he was having a birthday party at the Silverstar Inn.  We were all enjoying ourselves, but then....she appeared.  She seemed to know my brother...and he seemed to know her."

[Psyche]: "She...took your brother....why?"

Nari listens carefully.

[JadedDM]: Jerros:  "Not entirely sure.  She had this...staff....with her.  She called it the 'Staff of Shadows' or something like that.  She said it gave her great power, but she wanted more.  My brother, he kept saying it wasn't possible, like...he was in shock, I guess.  I tried to attack her, but she tossed me aside like I was a doll.  She then zapped us with this....horrible spell."

[Psyche]: "Horrible spell?" her eyes widen as she listens to the story.
[JadedDM]: Jerros:  "It was like...having every happy thought and memory drained from your mind...so nothing was left but darkness...and despair."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "She had that staff with her when she encountered us.  I sensed dark and evil power from it."

Psyche absently hugs herself. "She is v-very powerful...so, is that why you c-came to Renosia? Because of her?"

[JadedDM]: Jerros nods.  "Right before she took him, she told us...that her staff was not unique.  She said there were weapons like it, sibling weapons...and that the only way we could ever hope to save our brother--the only way we could stand up against her--was to find these weapons.  She called them the Chosen Spirits.  Then she was gone, and with her, my brother."

[JadedDM]: Jerros:  "We all did research, and found the legends that went along with these weapons.  There was one in each nation, so we all split up.  I came here, hoping to find this Chosen Spirit.  But...then I met the Rebels.  I admired their cause, and what they were doing...I got a bit side-tracked..."

[Psyche]: "Do..." she sighs softly. "Do you know w-where this weapon is?"

[Nari]: "Or even what it is?"

[JadedDM]: Jerros nods.  "The legend said it was kept in a 'raging volcano', but I later learned it had long since been removed from there.  It's now in the hands of the Overlord.  It's called the Lava Axe."

[Psyche]: "Jerros, m-maybe we could help." she offers. "I mean...you do need to s-save your brother, and m-maybe we could be of some help getting the...Axe for you."

[JadedDM]: Jerros:  "It's a kind thought, but this has nothing to do with you...or the Rebels.  I can't ask you to risk your lives for my sake."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "That's not necessarily true.  It might be possible to serve the goals of the Rebels and help your brother."

[Nari]: "I would be doing it to right a wrong.  Which is exactly what the Rebels are for Jerros."

[Psyche]: "Well...g-getting this axe away from the Overlord, would be a kind of a blow to h-him, if it is as powerful as you suggest."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Wait...if the Overlord has this super axe...why isn't he using it to wreak havoc and mayhem?"

[Usagi]: "Idiot probably doesn't know how to use it."

Psyche glances at Draven. "Maybe he d-doesn't know how to use it?" she looks at Jerros. "It is m-magical...right?"

[JadedDM]: Jerros nods.  "The legends say the axe's properties are not easy to find...even with normal magic.  So it is possible he hasn't figured it out yet.  But...I don't see how we can get it from him."

[Usagi]: "Everyone sleeps sometime, Jerros-shu."

[Psyche]: "Well, t-that will take some planning...which you are g-great at Jerros. I w-wouldn't want you to go in there by yourself to g-get it. We are here f-for a reason, after all. Let us help."

[JadedDM]: Jerros:  "Not all at once, Usagi.  He is in a well-fortified stronghold with many trained guards.  We were able to catch him off guard last time, but...he won't make that mistake again."

[Usagi]: "No, not all at once, but perhaps you don't know the value of magic either."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "Then...maybe we can lure him out?  Into the open?"

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "We'd have to do something pretty...big...to get that kind of attention."

[Usagi]: "Just wait for one of the holidays."

[JadedDM]: Jerros:  "We would need to do something he would take personally.  Make sure he would come himself, and not send his men instead."

[Psyche]: "What w-would he take personally, though?"

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "What does he care about...if he cares about anything at all?"

Nari yawns, unwillingly.

[Psyche]: "We c-can't take his power a-away from him."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "His friends? Family?  Nah, probably not."

[Psyche]: "W-what about his Agents working f-for him?"

[JadedDM]: Jerros looks to Psyche, a bit surprised.  "Agents?  They...are the only ones he actually trusts..."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "So...if we take out his Agents...and make sure he knows we're behind it..."

[Psyche]: "Then, t-that would probably g-get his attention and make him c-come out." she smiles faintly.

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "Who are his Agents, though?  They don't exactly go around parading that status."

[JadedDM]: Jerros:  "I only know of one...a hobgoblin in Janus, Morak.  Maybe you can learn from him who and where the others are...although I don't imagine he would talk, even under harsh interrogation."

[Psyche]: "Magic."

[JadedDM]: Jerros:  "What do you mean?"

Usagi plays with a bit of lint from his robe.

[Psyche]: "There a-are a lot of mind c-control spells out there. I have o-one that can read surface t-thoughts, but I think s-something more powerful would b-be needed for this."

[JadedDM]: Draven:  "You can read minds?"

Psyche nods to Draven slightly.

[JadedDM]: Draven looks a bit uncomfortable.  "You mean, all of this time, you could have been..."

[Nari]: "Quit being so paranoid Draven." She rolls her eyes.

[Psyche]: "I w-wouldn't do it to a-any of you."

[Usagi]: "It isn't as if there's anything for her to read with you."

Nari smiles ever so slightly.

[JadedDM]: Jerros:  "All right...that might actually work then.  After we broke out Amakororo, Morak was probably summoned back to Dan'gen.  I have an Operative in Janus, who can alert us as soon as he returns.  Once he does, I'll send you five in to interrogate him...and...neutralize him.  Then track down the others."

Psyche nods slightly to Jerros. "Okay!"

[JadedDM]: Jerros:  "Also, I have some equipment I can give you...that might help.  Some trinkets from my siblings that I really don't have use for.  But...with all this talk, we never got around to whether you completed your mission or not."

[Nari]: "We completed it and so much more...."

Psyche glances at Kestrel.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel removes the bottle from her things and sets it on the table.  "A bottle of...what was it called again, Psyche?"

[Psyche]: "Eversteaming Bottle."

[JadedDM]: Jerros:  "What does it do?"

Psyche takes a deep breath. "According to w-what I got, it heals just a little b-bit every hour you h-have it opened. If you sit in the steam too long, you become t-tired though, and if you use all the s-steam, then you have to let it r-recharge for a day."

[JadedDM]: Jerros:  "Not what I was expecting...but it could still prove useful."

[Nari]: "Aren't you going to redo the spell properly to double check that is what it actually does?"  She turns towards Psyche.

Psyche winces at Nari. "I can."

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "There's more to tell, though, Jerros.  Edge Elm...is no more."

Nari glances over at Wedge.

[JadedDM]: Wedge is gone.  He apparently stepped out at some point when nobody was paying attention to him.

[JadedDM]: Kestrel:  "The entire village was turned undead.  We managed to destroy them all, though.  We're not certain what caused it."

[JadedDM]: Jerros:  "I...I wasn't expecting that at all.  It is close to the Necros Sector, though..."

[Nari]: "I have a small request though Jerros....Can we please make Topas our vacation month?" She smiles gently, but it quite serious.

[Psyche]: "The t-tree that was protecting it from the Necros Sector just...turned evil. Instead of protecting the t-town, it turned the whole t-town into zombies. "

[JadedDM]: Jerros frowns.  "I'm glad you're all okay then....you'll get your vacation, though.  Rest up while you have the chance.  Once I get word of Morak's return....and that could be in months for all we know, you're back on the field."

Psyche nods to Jerros.

Nari frowns slightly, was not the answer she wanted.

[JadedDM]: Jerros:  "If there's nothing else...you're all dismissed."

Psyche stands up, as she doesn't think there is anything else for her to say, so she makes her way out of the conference room.

Usagi walks away.

[JadedDM]: (That's about it, story-wise.  You guys can continue interactions and whatnot for as long as you like.)

Nari slowly gets up and heads to her room.

[JadedDM]: (Or we can end it here, if nobody is game.)

Back to Renosia II