Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

A Gamma World Hell Hole

A Gamma World® play-by-post adventure run by gammaworld_gm

Chapter 35: Emerald Phoenix

gammaben

OOC

O tjoml we jave sp,e c;arofocatopm wprl tp dp/ Er, that is, I think we have some clarification work to do. (This typing thing works better when one's hands are over the right keys, ja?)

Recall the following GM post (as archived here for all to see).

Nathan Caine

"Now we will talk about the terms of your surrender. Lamia has asked for one request, and I have agreed to honor it. She wishes to speak to her lover, Leghorn. Send him out, and I guarantee his safe return." Lamia smirks. "You have five minutes to comply. If you don't surrender after the meeting, Lamia will be shot! Understand that I don't bluff."

Howard

"Althright, althright, SHATHDDAP althready, we're thinking!!!!!" Howard captainly motions for Geo to shut off the com.

"Now, what have you dethided Jonn?" Leaning on his elbow in thought. "We gonna haveth to uthe thome thtrategy!"

So we see here that Howard motioned for Geo to cut off the communications. We assume Geo complied. Therefore:

  1. Did they cut off just the one-way transmission from the bridge to the mages? So the good guys could see the mages, but the mages could not see them?
  2. Or did they cut the channel completely?

If (1), then the folks on the bridge would have seen the whole brief Leghorn/Lamia love affair, Leghorn's departure, and everything up until the EMP caused the lights in the Starport to go out.

If (2), then none of the bridge folk would have seen it. So Myc wouldn't have been able to comment about whether Lamia liked Leghorn touching her like that, Jonn couldn't have responded, etc.

To change as little as possible, maybe they either cut their transmissions to the mages (1) or they cut them completely (2) but then turned on an external camera so they could see the whole ass(ets) grabbing. I believe this is the case?

After the EMP we have folks using the bridge viewer to view the events. The players know Lamia is shot, but with the EMP, all lights went out so the bridge viewer (whether still on from (1) or changed to a different view from (2), you decide!) the characters wouldn't have been able to see anything. So like Jonn says:

Jonn

Jonn glares at the cocky Roosteroid as only a PSH betrayed can, but he bottles his pointless anger for the time being. When Geo ignites the pulse, the external monitors go dark. "I can't see them!" he shouts. "I can't see Lamia!" he shouts to Geo.

So the lights in the Starport go out, but the ship cameras, unaffected, still are broadcasting. But with no lights, the cameras don't pick up anything. Maybe they saw the sparks of the gunpowder? Anyway....

Then we have the shot heard around the Starport---but not seen. Then Howard rushes past Frieda. In the next post the fowl Captain thinks Howard has already left the bridge, but he has not. [He in actuality has, since Frieda is in the corridor, outside the bridge, when he rushes by her. --ed.] Maybe he just didn't recognize the duck with all his gear? I never wrote Howard left the bridge, and so he remained until he rushes past Frieda. I think Leghorn is just confused on account of Lamia's perfume?

So why did I spend my time doing this instead of posting for Howard? Oh well. Anyway, thanks to frei_abel for writing Howard into this round of player moves. In deference to Howard's actions in that post (rushing down the hall to Jonn) I won't post a big post... But I will post a bit so see next message.


gammaworld_gm

OOC

Howard

Unbelievably, underneath the weight of the equipment, Howard stands steady and ready, as if he were about to kick someone's ass from here to Nuked Jersey with a swift thwap of his paddled feet and a barrage of high-tech weaponry for a chaser to make it go down smoother. "Let'sth go, Dukasth."

While you didn't state you actually left the bridge, I'm sure you can see how people assumed you did. Saying "Let's go" implied you went with him. Why would you say "Let's go" and then let Jonn leave without you? That does seem strange, but I see your point.

Now to answer your questions:

  1. Yes. The Mages could not have heard you, unless say, the bridge was bugged or something devious like that.
  2. Just the sound was shut off. Everyone would have seen the entire Lamia/Leghorn thing up until the EMP.

You may insert this minor fix:

Geo

"I'm adjusting the main viewer to the infra/thermal spectrum with full audio." The images return albeit with a green tint to them.

  1. As stated in post 890, the EMP would not effect the ship in any way. Its systems are shielded.
  2. You could be right about Lamia's perfume. I know for a fact it confuses Jonn, so why not other people? In Leghorn's defense---and no, I'm not a defense lawyer---we all know he rambles on endlessly attempting to make some obscure point.

And finally, a word from our sponsor:

Gamma World ist ein postapokalyptisches Rollenspiel, das Setting ist die verwüstete Erde nach der Katastrophe. Die einstige Zivilisation der Ahnen zerfiel in Barbarentum, erst Jahrhunderte später formt sich eine neue Art der Zivilisation heran.


gammaben

OOC

I had assumed that Jonn and Howard would go and storm the mages, but in Jonn's move, I got the idea that during Howard's Batman/combat preparations, Jonn ran for Lamia after he heard the gunshot while Howard stayed to strap on his gear. Why wait to see how cool Howard looks loaded down with weapons and armor when the love of your life may have just been shot? At any rate, after Jonn posted, I thought the following:

Howard is all caught up strapping on his gear that he doesn't notice Jonn making a break out the door. When Howard finishes, he looks up and says, "Let'sth go, Dukasth," but realizes Jonn is gone. So, he waddles after him in his own time which fits about when Frieda had him leaving. As to why he would let Jonn go without him, his reason would probably be if it's time to go kick some butt, first things first---get ready, then go kick butt. Jonn may be reacting out of emotion, but Howard seems to think that just rushing out there is a bad idea with all the Mystic Mages afoot.

The fix (turning on full audio/thermal imaging) makes Howard's comments ("Thay your prayers...") make more sense, because he could actually see them on the screen. But I still don't know what Howard meant when he said "Your little chathe hath ended." Who were the mages chasing?

Anyway, almighty GM, you have introduced another potential problem with your fix. If we use the fix, and Geo had turned on infrared with full audio (which means he has to do this after Jonn says "I can't see them" for this complaint to make sense), then the bridge crew would have also heard Nathan and Fence talking about Xeva being Hampshire's hired hand, would have heard them say it's not safe, we better leave, etc. And therefore, Howard may not have gotten suited up if he thought it was too late to get them. Also, what are the ramifications for Xeva if the bridge crew knows what Fence and Nathan said about her?

Perhaps the fix to your fix is that Geo doesn't bring up full audio and thermal imaging until right before they shoot Lamia and Fence says "nothing personal lady..." etc.

Ok, I have more thoughts on what all this jumble is about, but I don't have time right now to post them. I guess you should discuss amongst yourselves!


calenril_i

OOC

That's what I was thinking when I wrote that Howard came after Jonn. However, I don't see the need for IR. The ship has landing lights, and I always assumed someone turned them on (or they came on automatically) after the EMP sent the landing bay into darkness. I imagined Jonn and Lamia in a dramatic spotlight. And, just as in a theatre, the spotlight only lights up a small area. On the other hand, why have somebody flip any switch? The room went dark, sensors adjusted, and the image switched to a light-enhanced mode like with night-vision goggles. That's what computers are for.


jaxdracon

OOC

There are many inconsistencies, both chronological as well as audiovisual. The NARChivist has his best person working on it as I type, and we'll post the results here before the week's end.

As for how the bridge occupants know what is going on outside....

Ron, you took the thoughts right outta my brain. Ben, you recognized the problem. And Jim you provided an excellent solution. However, I agree with Ron, in that no change is needed. We can just assume (like we did anyway) that the bridge crew can see/hear what is going on thanks to the XJ1's external cameras/microphones.

When Geo "cuts off the com" as Howard orders, we can assume that Geo does just that. Sound is cut off, presumably so that the Mages can't hear the talking on the bridge. Video is left on. But actually, Howard's command could be taken symbolically, as the bridge crew never spoke to the Mages, and so no "com" would actually need to have been turned off anyway. If two-way sound were actually cut off, then Geo would need to restore it later in order for the crew to hear the gunshot, and for Leghorn to complain about Jonn's "weeping" (which is never actually stated in my post---Leghorn is embellishing again!).

When the pulse hits, the cameras must compensate, and we can assume they do so automatically, but not fast enough for Jonn, who bolts before it can happen. When he gets outside, I imagined (but did not state) that he could find Lamia from the dim glow of the ship's exterior (landing) lights.

As soon as the NARChivist finds a chrono-fix for the scenes revolving (intertwining) around the XJ1's medical lab, I'll post it here.

Just my 2 domars',

JD


jonndukas

OOC

The NARChivist has just handed me this proposed patch to the timeline of our jolly little adventure. The below link points to a table summarizing the portion of the timeline in question and the proposed revisions. The NARChivist extends his apologies in advance for the HTML auto-translation of this spreadsheet.

The NARChives will be updated by Friday with the actual timeline changes, and whatever has been added will be in green text for your convenience.

In addition to combing the posts for chronological discrepancies, the NARChivist and his research staff have uncovered some dangling plot threads that should be addressed in forthcoming posts (not necessarily by the GM):

The NARChivist's report also points out some recent posters who are MIA. Twoducks? Doc. Templeton? Rev. Bunyun? We'd love to hear from you grizzly dudes.

And now back to your regularly scheduled post frenzy.

-JD/The NARChivist


gammaworld_gm

GM

Rev. Jack waves as the two of you stroll out of the bar and into the huge multi-level Starport together. The wizened looking Goatman is still asleep at the table in the corner.

Kramer

"Any where but here Chuck. We've survived in the wastelands but I don't know if I can survive anymore of the Rev's speeches. I'm highly intelligent and I'm telepathic, Chuck. I'm also a dog. I always lead."

GM

The two of you walk together following the wide hall to your right. Your boots echo as you walk. The concourse walls and high doomed ceiling are decorated with colorful Amerindian mosaics and painted designs. The once large and impressive oval windows that lined the concourse are now black, since the outside window shielding (blast doors) are closed. A small floor model Kb floor cleaning robot (about the size of a small dog) sits powerless in your path. Continuing down the concourse you see a gift shop. Its main door is shut, with a "Closed" sign hanging inside of the door. Looking through the glass, you and Kramer can see racks filled with strange items. The entire store front is made of glass. Far off straight ahead you see two sets of metal stairs going down. To your left you see several doors and a branching corridor going that way, or you could continue circling to your right. Since the area is dimly lit, you cannot see past a hundred feet, at least not very well.

Kramer jumps up on the glass and looks into the darkened gift shop. From the window outside you see hundreds of trinkets, miscellaneous items, stuffed animals and post cards. A sign in the window says, "Closed Four Days For Easter!"

Kramer

"You know Chuck, we do lead an idyllic life, scavenging for food and water, and relying on mostly my wits to keep us alive. Sometimes all business and no fun makes for an angry faithful hound." Enthralled by its appearance, Kramer eyes a blue stuffed rabbit on one of the high shelves within the gift shop.


chuck_webber

Chuck

"So Kramie, Lets go shopping!!!" Chuck starts rummaging in his backpack for a tool. "Ah, here it is." Chuck takes the small tool from his backpack and starts working on the door. "Can't be any alarm here after that EMP pulse." Chuck smiles at Kramer. "Let's see what treasure we can find in here."


gammaworld_gm

GM: On the Hangar Floor

Jonn's eyes soften and his grimace hardens as he cradles the broken and limp form of his favorite Gren in his muscled arms. Instead of more blood flowing from Lamia's lifeless body, what should have been fatal wounds quickly begin to regenerate before Jonn's sparkling eyes. Jonn gasps in astonishment, suddenly understanding why Lamia requested the wise-ass fowl and not him: the Captain was the only group member with the Regeneration mutation. Only minutes pass before the entire terrible wound vanishes, leaving only an abundance of blood as a grisly reminder.

Something triggers Jonn's memory of Stiles haunting and oft-quoted words of wisdom: "Two things you should always remember, NARCie. One, we don't get emotionally involved! Two, dammit to hell, man, we don't get emotionally involved!"

Lamia opens her eyes and blinks them a few times before looking up and focusing on Jonn's image. She reaches up and touches his stubble-covered face gently, just to make sure he is real and not a mirage. A glowing smile fills her features.

Lamia

"I thought for a minute I was in the Promised Land and you were my archangel, my savior, coming for me. I was right." Lamia suddenly remembers the pain of being shot. "Oow! Getting shot really does hurt, Jonn."

GM

With Ironcat standing guard, Jake, Howard, Frieda and Templeton arrive on the scene in that order. Frieda rushes over and kneels down to check Lamia's wounds, much to the Gren's surprise. Jake crosses his arms and remains silent, enjoying the Frieda view. Howard elbows Jake, bringing him out of his trance-like gaze.

Jake

Jake looks down at Howard. "Even if you were Ranse you would still be carrying too much hardware. No wonder you talk funny!" Jake smirks in his classic Omega style and turns his attention to where it was before.

Howard

"Waugh!?!" he coughs with bruised dignity.

Doctor Templeton

"Why is her skin green, and why is everyone trying to kill you guys?

Howard

"Let'th try thith one more time Doc!!! And thith time, I'll thtart from the very beginning!" Howard leads the Doc off to one side. "A thlong thlong timth ago, in a galaxthy thfar thfar away I wasth an egg...."

OOC

Too much to write. Insert Howard's background here. --GM

Lamia

"I'm fine, Frieda. Leghorn's regeneration mutation I copied did the trick. Really!"

GM

With Jonn's help, Lamia stands and plants a deep kiss on him.

Jonn

"Hmmffff!!!"

Frieda

"Okay, if you say so, but you should really stop into the medical bay to make... uhm... sure." Frieda's voice trails off when Jonn and Lamia lock lips. Frieda glances at Jake, who only raises one eyebrow (his shades concealing his real emotions), and then looks down, not quite sure what to do or say.

GM: Elsewhere on the Same Level

Xeva rushes down the hall to her right, and notices the elevators and the stairs nearby. But there's no power. With no time to waste, Xeva hits the door as she charges through and sprints down the stairs, taking two steps at a time. She has less than an hour to do what needs to be done. Xeva's night vision aids her as she continues sprinting down the spiral stairs, level after level in the near pitch black darkness. Xeva counts each level as she passes the door and attempts to pace herself. Hamp told her that there were seventeen levels, and she had to get to level 3, ground floor.

Seeing the door to level 3, Xeva feels a sigh of relief. Hampshire's orders still churn in her head, "You'll'sss see, It'll'sss be a cake'sss walk, Xeva." <Snort, snort, snort> (Translation: snort = laughter). That was a laugh. Breathing heavily from the run, Xeva opens the door and walks out. Across the wide concourse stands a guy and a mutt peering into a darkened gift shop.

GM: Back up to Level 17

Kicker walks just a short distance before her nose directs her to the correct door. Inside she can smell at least three Chickenoids. On the door near the doorknob is a bomb. The numbers on it count down from 14:03 minutes. There is no doubt that if anyone touches the door, the bomb will go off.

At the same time Myc, who encountered the less than friendly Xeva much farther down the hall (and originally planned on returning to the ship), notices Kicker down a side corridor. He stops, turns, and heads towards her.

Darien Maxium was watching Kicker from a peephole in a door a few doors down, his machine pistol cocked and ready. Without seeing Myc, he bursts out the door and points the pistol unsteadily at Kicker.

Darien Maxium

"Freeze or I'll make kitty litter out of you!" orders the Mystic Mage wannabe. Darien knows that the others left him---more like abandoned him---but he has to try to do something to impress them. A NARC prisoner would do nicely.

GM

Myc's reaction (since he is behind Darien), is to draw his Taser and fire. Two small projectiles attached to two fine wires send 50,000 volts into Darien's back. (He fails his CON check) Darien drops his weapon and collapses to the floor helpless and trembling. Kicker points at the bomb on the door.

Kicker

"The mangy low-down dirty good for nothing fowl's family is inside! We have fourteen minutes to free them or they die!" she growls.

[The groups have shifted again:

--ed.]

domonhu

Mycinod

"Kicker, I do not have the skills to disarm ths bomb and my laser would not burn thru enough of the wall to make an escape possible. Can you think of anything, or do we need to get someone else to help?"


chuck_webber

Chuck

While Chuck is working on opening the door to the gift shop, he thinks, "I wonder if that EMP pulse screwed up my gun? What do you think, Kramer?? I guess I should check it out after I get this door opened." Chuck still works on the door.


gammaworld_gm

Kramer

"Your laser pistol is fine. Weapons are shielded, not that you ever use it. Remember how badly you missed the last time?"

GM

The pry bar easily pops open the gift shop door. You put the pry bar away, but your entrance into the gift shop is interrupted

Kramer

"Grrrrr," he growls and barks repeatedly. "Aiiiieee! It's a woman! Now I'll never get that stuffed rabbit. One indication of a female and oh, caution to the wind, your eyes glaze, your glands swell, and your brain freezes!"

Xeva

Approaching you with a very sultry walk, she smiles. "Hello... nice pooch. I'm Xeva. What are you doing here, besides breaking into the gift shop?"

Kramer

"Grrrrr...!!"


chuck_webber

Chuck

Telepathically, he speaks to Kramer, "Don't worry Kramer, we will get your bunny." Chuck turns, startled by the woman's approach. He has his hand close to his gun. He says aloud, "I just was walking by and found the door opened. Looks like somebody was trying to get in here. I was just going to check it out. Want to back me up? And also my puppy wants that Blue Bunny he sees in there."

"Be ready to attack at any moment if needed," he tells Kramer telepathically, "Just stop barking right now."


xeva_zoom

Xeva

I walk closer to the grifter, stopping a few feet short of him. "Nice pistol. ever shootz anyone?"

Chuck

"I just was walking by and found the door opened. Looks like somebody was trying to get in here."

"Surz you did, and I dressed like thiz on accident."

Chuck

"I was just going to check it out. Want to back me up? And also my puppy wants that Blue Bunny he sees in there."

"Okey sweet cheekz. somethingz even I refuze to eat," I look down at the dog.

Kramer

"Grrrrr..."

Xeva

"I think sh---it likes me."

Kramer

"Grrrrr..."

Xeva

"I'll back you up, but I'm pretty surz there aren't any mutantz in there." When the grifter, enters I walk to the door and add, "Nice butt. Have you seen a lizard lady around here, perhapz in the bar?"

OOC: Thoughts of Past Events

Xeva knocks out Leghorn. Xeva kills Liska in med lab, storing her like a red popsickle. Xeva leaves lab to investigate, and tails Fence to the engine room. Xeva re-enters med lab from engine room, talks sexy. Xeva leaves med lab and ship (sees Howard/Ironcat and Jake/K-11). Two watch her with dirty thoughts, two don't. Kicker leaves ship, tailing Xeva. Kicker has no clue. Xeva confronts Myc, and he faces fear and spores himself.


chuck_webber

Kramer

"Down boy, calm your whore-moans. We need to get my bunny before you go off for a little of the olde in-out in-out. Just go get that bunny down and put it in my backpack."

Chuck

"Shut the hell up Kramie. Let's not scare this Lady away," he says telepathically, then, aloud to the woman, "Don't mind him, his bark is worse than his bite. I haven't seen anyone around except for the Reverend at the bar. What a chattie fellow. And someone sleeping in the corner. So, did you need anything?"

Kramer

"Grrrr...."

Chuck

"Kramer, shut up!" he says to the dog.

Kramer

"Grrr...."

Chuck

"KRAMER!!!!" he yells.

Kramer stops barking and waits to see what happens now.


gammaworld_gm

GM

Entering the darkened gift shop, you (Chuck) see hundreds of trinkets, stuffed animals, post cards, and Albuquerque Starport memorabilia, all marked at over-inflated prices. You imagine nothing has been touched since the very moment the gift shop closed, several hundred years ago. Surprised, and nearly jumping backwards, you see a robot standing behind the door with an Albuquerque Starport baseball bat raised up over its head. Lucky for you, the robot is powerless.

Chuck

"Sheesh," you say out loud. Your heart rate slowly returns to normal.

Xeva

She chuckles under her breath.

Kramer

"A full grown man who is armed with a laser pistol. You should not show such fear!" he pauses, shaking his head. "I did tell you human breeding is an ugly thing, didn't I?"

GM

Looking around, you see sunglasses (of all colors), a counter, a cash register, and all types of candies and gums. Walking over to the shelf, you reach up high and take the blue bunny. Smiling, you turn and start to walk back. From behind you, a closet door bursts open and a smaller than man-sized lizard creature charges out, biting you (sinking its teeth into your thigh and backside area).

Chuck

"Yeoow... you little bastich!" you cry out in pain.

GM

Kramer charges in and bites the lizard creature on the leg, while it in turn holds its bite on you. Xeva charges in, grabs the small (3 foot tall) lizard creature by the neck and very painfully pulls it off you, lifting it up the neck. She also lifts Kramer off the floor with the same motion. Xeva must be much stronger than she appears to be, you think.

Xeva

"It might be poizonouz luv. Youz need me to suck out the poizon?"


gammaworld_gm

GM

Your (Rhyn) dune buggy hums noisily as it races across the open desert. It's dark, but the early evening darkness doesn't slow you as you keep your foot to the floor. Even in the darkness you see the ancient Starport, which resembles a huge mushroom in the distance. You continue toward it. You know the ancient structure as the Albuquerque Starport.

Thirty minutes later, you arrive at the ancient construction. Hiding your dune buggy, and covering it with a camouflage tarp, you walk the short distance to a small doorway-sized hole in one part of the huge duralloy structure (not a real entrance). You step through and enter. Once inside, you turn left and begin walking.

The concourse walls and high doomed ceiling are decorated with colorful Amerindian mosaics and painted designs. The once large and impressive oval windows that lined the concourse are now black, since the outside window shielding (blast doors) are closed. A small floor model Kb floor cleaning robot (about the size of a small dog) sits powerless in your path.

What do you do?

[New player = new group:

--ed.]

gammaben

Howard, earlier

Twoducks

"Could you find it in your Duckoid heart to help a fellow Duckokee Warrior??"

The indigo-feather-topped Duckoid does a double take at Twoducks' strange request. He admits to himself that he'd not spent much time introducing himself to the newcomers in the group, namely Doc Templeton, Ironcat, whom he had just righted to a standing---albeit slightly unstable---position, and this Duckoid who now addressed him. He shakes off his initial confusion, and motions for Ironcat to take it easy for a minute.

"TwoDucksth, it stheemsth your questh isth of great importancthe, and I am both sthad by your sthory and honored that you would asthk me to help!" Howard doesn't want to admit right away that his schedule is rather full at the moment: rescuing Leghorn's family, getting to the bottom of this ambush on the ship, and then there is the other pressing concern that he won't be able to put off much longer.... So, he tries to be diplomatic in offering his regrets. "Perhapsth you and I are not stho different, even though I can sthee you come from a different culture than I," he says, motioning to the Indian headdress which Twoducks wears.

"What I'm getting at isth that we have a lot going on in this sthip that you've only justh begun to get in the middle of! We---I, would be glad to help you on your questh to avenge your father. But," and at this, Howard leans close, "I'm afraid once we get to the sthpactheport, I'm going to have to head home... to my nesthing groundsth, if you know what I mean...."

Howard hopes Twoducks catches his meaning, and hopes that he will remain in the company of their group if only so the two of them would outnumber the rooster portion of the team by two(Ducks) to one. Howard offers a hopeful look, and then excuses himself by offering his hand. "I sthould get to the bridgthe. Sthick around, ok?" With that Howard helps Ironcat back to the bridge.


frei_abel

Frieda

To Frieda's amazement, Lamia is standing---sort of. Her lip-lock with Jonn seems to be about the only thing holding her up. She asks what happened but the two do not break their kiss. She gives Doc a look and he nods and they pull the couple apart. As she comes close to Jonn, she feels the effect pull on her. She quickly hammers the feeling down and is rewarded with a jolt of pain that she actually feels in her chest. Lamia protests the intrusion but when she nearly topples in Frieda's arms, the Gren acquiesces.

Frieda's device reveals that Lamia is indeed whole but that her blood pressure is dangerously low. Doc and Jonn start to walk Lamia to the ship, but stop when Frieda scolds them, pointing out how light a shade of green Lamia's face is turning. She shows them the two-person seat carry and the two men then lock their arms to form a seat and carry their patient into the ship, her arms wrapped weakly around their shoulders and her body resting between them.

When they reach the lab, Frieda dismisses her helpers with the exception of the Doctor. Sending Jonn on his way is no easy task, but the room is crowded and his presence in combination with Lamia bothers her enough that she really wants to get rid of him---that pang she felt earlier keeps twisting inside of her, driving her to distraction.

Frieda queries Victoria to find the recommended dosage and then administers a shot to Lamia to boost her regeneration of blood and plasma. She also cleans up the blood and disinfects the area of the wound, feeds her some water, and instructs her to lay down until the blood pressure monitor reads an acceptable level.

OOC

I think it's the Interra shot that Frieda would use. After 15 minutes, Lamia's blood pressure should be stabilized enough for her to sit and maybe move around without fainting.


rhyn_gw

Rhyn

Rhyn opens up the robot, thinking she may be able to use the parts for either the radio or the buggy. "Hmm, wonder if any of this will be of use? Circuits... circuit fuses... wire... bu---hell.... I need stuff like this, don't we?" After taking some wiring and stuff out of the robot, she unslings her flintlock rifle and starts slowly moving forward into the Starport with rifle loaded and her Colt .45 on her belt.

"Gods, this place is quiet."

you can say that again but don't [Rhyn's second brain's thoughts are in italics à la e. e. cummings --ed.]

"Riiiight." Rhyn heads deeper into the Starport trying to find any other inhabitants.

do you even know where you are going?

"Yes, I do," says a slightly upset Rhyn.

sure that's what you said last time

"Llast time, I did know... and I did know about the badders!"

riiight

She slowly moves about the bottom floor until she finds a set of stairs. She heads straight up the stairs.

we should go find the armory

"No, dammit! Besides we have enough guns."

no we don't!!

"Shut up, you bitch! Not now. I need to concentrate."

well I still think we need something else for the buggy like more spare parts

"When did you learn how to fix a dune buggy?"

uuuummmm....shut up

"Hehehehe." Rhyn slowly moves down the left hallway and starts to look around for other people. She sniffs the air and follows the human---or near human---scents.


Go To: PBPArchives | Hellhole | Prologue | prev | next
This page updated: Mon Jan 09 14:22:19 2006
All text Copyright ©1999-2006 PBPArchives.