The Laws of the Tuchuk
1. No One is Above the Law. The Word of the Ubar is Law. The Ubar Never Goes Back on His Word. (The Ubar will be elected by a majority vote of the members of the Tuchuk tribe.)
2. The Tuchuks are wagon people. Wagon people do not eat anything that was grown in the earth.
3. A Tuchuk is a proud person, he/she is above petty quarrels with other members of the tribe. If there is an argument, those concerned will seek out the next highest ranking commander of the tribe to settle the argument. Commanders will not become involved in the argument but give just and fair settlement to the argument.
4. A warrior that has been awarded a scar will not be questioned as to his right to wear that scar.
5. Once a Tuchuk has shared grass and earth with a City Dweller that Dweller is welcome in the camp as a friend. However, the Tuchuk that shared grass and earth with the Dweller is still responsible for that one's actions. This is to insure that the sharing of grass and earth is not done frivolously.
6. When a stranger enters Tuchuk lands they are to be warned off, if they do not leave, they have given consent to suffer the consequences of entering Tuchuk lands.
7. ANYONE that is caught killing a bosk foolishly shall be strangled with thongs or suffocated in the hide of the animal that was slain. If the slain bosk was with calf, the perpetrator will be staked out in the path of the herd before a march.
8. Tuchuks revere the Priest-Kings but do not worship them. Only a male Tuchuk will pray to the sky while armed and mounted on his kaiila.. The only things that a Tuchuk holds sacred are Honor, Courage and skill at arms.
9. Free men and women of the Tuchuks do not need dice to interact with slaves. Additionally, free men of the Tuchuks do not need dice to interact with free women of the tribe.
10. Tuchuks prize their privacy, tribe members do not enter each others wagons without permission. If someone is needed it is polite to stand outside of the wagon and call out to (IM) the one inside of the wagon.
The Laws of Free Men
1. All Free Men of the Tuchuk Tribe are Warriors.
2. Tribe free men are to act with honor and respect at all times.
3. Rank among warriors is earned. Warriors will salute the highest ranking commander present at all times. Saluting will be accomplished in the following manner:
Commander of 10 or strike your spear against your shield once.
Commander of 100 or strike your spear against your shield twice.
Commander of 1000- or strike your spear against your shield three times.
4. Failure to salute is an indication of disrespect, a warrior is never disrespectful of his superiors. Punishment for disrespect will be ruled by a commander of the next highest rank and will be as follows:
Commander of 10:
1st offense, 5 lashes; 2nd offense, 10 lashes; 3rd offense, Ubar's decision, more lashes or banishment.
Commander of 100:
1st offense, 10 lashes; 2nd offense, 20 lashes; 3rd offense, Ubar's decision, more lashes or banishment.
Commander of 1000:
1st offense, 20 lashes; 2nd offense, Ubar's decision, banishment or death.
1st offense, banishment or death.
5. There will be no fighting or petty quarrels between warriors. Friendly spars and non-lethal Honor Matches only may be fought between warriors. Tuchuk will not kill Tuchuk. This holds true at all times unless sanctioned by the Ubar with approval of the council. The only exception to this is the Ubar's personal Guard commander has the right to kill anyone ( even Tuchuk ) if that member poses a direct threat to the Ubar's or Ubara's Life, or the life of any of their children under the age of 12.
6. A man who has not earned the courage scar is considered an object of ridicule and derision among the Tuchuks. He cannot, in fact, be considered a member of the warrior brotherhood of the tribe.
7. A man who has not yet won the courage scar cannot compete in the contests of Love War.
8. One who does not wear the courage scar cannot pay court to a free woman, own a wagon, or own more than three bosk and five kaiila.
9. A warrior of the tribe may not collar a free woman for any reason. They may be beaten, whipped, spanked, chained, bound, gagged, stuffed in a dung sack, but NOT collared. No free woman will die a slave by the hands of her own people. If the infraction/lawbreaking is severe enough to warrant death, then she may be sentenced, but it will be as a free person who chose to break the law and suffer the consequences. Women who are mated will be bound and gagged if needed and secured until their mate or the Ubar can be contacted. Punishment will be handed down by their companion publicly.
10. Warriors, if you seek to fur a FW, join with her, until then contend yourself with your slaves. If this law is broken you will be joined for one year, (10 mun weeks).
11. The Black Masks are still warriors of the Tuchuk tribe. Their laws are their own and different from those of just the normal warriors. Those laws are kept by the leader of the Black Masks. If you need those laws, you will already have them for you will be Black Mask.
The Laws of Free Women
1. Gor is not fair to women. If a FW has a problem with a warrior she should take it to a commander that is the warrior's superior. If that should fail to satisfy the situation, the problem may be brought to the Ubar and the Council.
2. Free women of the Tuchuk tribe will act with honor and respect at all times. It is unseemly for free women to quarrel and fight among each other or to do so with a warrior of the tribe. In either case, take the problem up with the nearest commander. If that does not satisfy the situation use the chain of command up to the Ubar and the council.
3. Free women of the Tuchuks wear their hair in braids unlike slave girls who wear their hair loose and unbound. A Tuchuk woman never wears her hair loose, for she knows that if she does she may never braid it as a FW again.
4. Tuchuk free women are allowed to train with the lance and bow, but may only use them in defense of the camp.
5. A FW is allowed to spar hand to hand only, weapons are not allowed. There are no honor matches or death matches between a FW and a warrior. If such is needed the FW must be championed by another warrior.
6. At times of war, a warrior wearing a courage scar is superior to any woman in the camp. At times of war, women on the council are not allowed to vote, At times of war, a senior warrior, or commander, may over rule the Ubara unless she is engaged in getting the women and slaves out of the camp.
7. When a stranger approaches the camp of the Tuchuks, it is not a woman's place to ride out to speak or question him. The only exception is if the FW is alone in the camp.
8. When a stranger is either killed or allowed into the camp and a FW has a complaint about this she must whisper (IM) to the warrior that killed or admitted the stranger. During the conversation, she must remain respectful to the warrior even if she does not agree with his decision.
9. Scars are for warriors of the tribe not for women.
10. A FW of the tribe may not be collared by a warrior for any reason. They may be beaten, whipped, spanked, chained, bound, gagged, stuffed in a dung sack, but NOT collared. No free woman will die a slave by the hands of her own people. If the infraction/lawbreaking is severe enough to warrant death, then she may be sentenced, but it will be as a free person who chose to break the law and suffer the consequences. Women who are mated will be bound and gagged if needed and secured until their mate or the Ubar can be contacted. Punishment will be handed down by their companion publicly.
11. Women do not raid other tribes, raid for bosk, nor go on any other type of raid on their own. They may join a raid if there are two or more warriors raiding, if those warriors permit it.
12. Women are just that, women, and shall not be allowed into or even test for, the Black Masks.
13. A single free woman may not seek the private attention of a warrior.
Laws for Slaves
1) Slaves are not required to ask permission to enter
camps, but must request permission from a Free Person to leave. If the request is
not granted in a reasonable amount of time, then repeat the request, as it might have been
missed. If a second request is not answered, then politely take your leave.
2) All Free Persons and Tribe Friendly are to be greeted upon entering, except when a slave is serving, then they are to be greeted once their serve is complete. The Free are to be addressed simply as Master or Mistress, the only time a slave may use a Masters name is when the Masters have given them permission to do so or in action or thought to specify one from the other.
3) Speaking to the Free in camp is not forbidden, and many fun things can be shared, as is appropriate..Free floating thoughts will be considered as speech...if they are rude or insolent expect to be corrected quickly with a hand across your face. If you have something that is not nice to say.....whisper to the person...and choose your words and thoughts carefully....and remember, Its not a slaves place to challenge the free.
4) Slaves do not speak in the first person. Tribe slaves also do not speak OOC in public rooms. Use of brackets " ((.....)) of any type is forbidden. If you must say something OOC do it in whispers, and ask permission to whisper in the room. Slaves should expect to be cuffed should they do either. Remember, a backhand across the face is not punishment, it is a correction. Even if your punishments are reserved, corrections are for all.
5) All Tuchuk Slaves will speak 3rd person in public .... what you do in PR with your owner is their rules.
6) Master's or Mistresses should be treated with equal respect from a slave. NO slave should "ignore" a request from either sex..... just because you are a kajira, does not mean you should entice just the Master's...... same for kajriu, except, reversed.
7) Do not correct another slaves actions in public....but whisper to them in polite terms.
8) Unruly, disruptive or insolent slaves may be asked to leave camp until their Owner is present to deal with them. The Ubar, Ubara, and Guardian have the right to kill any unruly or disruptive slaves, punishment reserved or not.
9) Slaves do not handle money or weapons. Coins can be placed in a girls mouth or in a sack around her neck. Punishment for such things is up to and including death...there are instances where a Free Person may be lenient and simply whip the slave, who should accept it as a slave should.
10) White silk girls do not press drinking vessels to their "passions", nor do they nadu for any besides their Master/Mistress. All slaves will not nadu with another Free Person sitting next to their owner that is of the opposite sex, they shall tower
11) A white silk slave means the slave has yet to be opened for pleasures and is untrained. Once the slave is trained and opened, they are red silk. Do not rush to become red silk, for if you are not 100% pleasing in any situation..... serving... speaking.....manners and sexual..... you may be killed. There is no such thing as a "reserved" slave..... you may be a "preferred" slave to your owner, but even listing such does not "save" you from being used by others..... if you do not want to be used by others, you should remain white silk. Red silk is a passion slave and for one to be "reserved" is death upon their heart..... and torment to the soul.
12) Macros or Power Tools are a lazy way of serving....they are forbidden to be used. There will be swift repercussions for laziness. If a girl is not serving she is to be working.....or begging to serve. An idle slave is in no way pleasing.
13) A Master/Mistress of the tribe does not need to roll to maim correct whip or even kill a slave unless they want to add affect.
14) "Running away" is not only Impossible but also punishable by death should you make it past the hundreds of herd sleen, gnawing at your flesh.
15) Slaves will accept punishments as graciously as they accept praise...if you have to be drug kicking and screaming to the post, then expect more lashes.
16) Tribe slaves are sisters in chains to try to shirk your work onto another shall bring punishment unless a Master/Mistress gives it the ok.
17) Slave's engaging in "horseplay" or any other type of "attention getting" ways...(other than the seductive allure towards a Free person)).... will be punished..... growling, glaring, snarling, jealousy or any form of "visual or verbal back talk" will be corrected.
18) No slave will engage in conversation unless given permission...... the "putting in of a slave's 2 copper" will not be tolerated..... if you open your mouth, other than to Greet or Well wishing.....expect a hand across the face..... whip across your back or gag in your mouth.
19) If trouble arises in the camp, or any other non "safe zone" I.E.: a Kur enter's or an assassin...... slave will immediately leave the room and go to a PR ,WITHOUT drawing attention for capture....... slaves will NOT engage in rock throwing or any other form of attack...... to strike or hit a Free Person is punishable by death.
20) When serving beverages....... slaves will ask the Master/Mistress if they wish the drink "tested" (for poison)..... if allowed to test..... the slave WILL NOT put their lips on the vessel, but pour a slight amount into their palm and drink from it. A slaves lips are never to touch the vessel, except for their owners, if they choose.
21) Slaves will never EVER argue with the Free......If a Master/Mistress says the sky is Green and the Grass is Blue........ then so be it...... whining, pouting or sighing is the sign of a bored slave..... and that is not allowed....... keep busy with camp chores and be pleasing..... remember not only does your actions reflect on your owner...but your Ubar, Ubara and Tribe.
22) Free persons are not always right, but by definition they are never wrong...if you really think about it.......a slave always has the last word...that is....Yes Master/Mistress.
23) Slave will never address Krimsonhwk & Crymsong as Ubar or Ubara.....
25) Slaves will not be freed without consent of the Ubar and a plan for them to survive. If that means that you wait, then you wait. Female slaves will not be freed except by their Masters who are planning to join with them once they are freed. Male slaves that are deemed fit, may be freed and allowed to seek their courage scar, thereby becoming a Tuchuk warrior. **Note, both of these instances are extremely rare, the latter having happened only once before.**
~_-_~ Laws for
1) Strangers that approach the Camp of the Tuchuks should be met my outriders. If there are no outriders present at the Camp then a Woman may approach them.
2) The Strangers should be tested for their courage. If it is shown that they lack courage then they shall find Death on the plains. If they show they have courage then they should be met in combat so that they may prove they have the strength to match their courage.
3) If they lose then are aloud to leave from the plains in peace...and perhaps return another day to try there luck.~Give it at least 2 mun days~ If they win they are aloud to enter in Peace to the Camp of the Tuchuks.
4) The Stranger should not draw steel upon a Tuchuk once inside the Camp if he does he shall find Tuchuk steel sheathed inside of him.
5) If a Stranger enters the camp at night he or she should roll 1d20 or 1d21 if Female Warrior 1d22 if Male Warrior to try to even reach the camp to get passed the herd sleens.
1-14 they meet their deaths in the darkness of the plains
15-18 the sleens catch and wound them but they do not die one wounded fights with already 5 points in a DM/HM/RM/SM
19-22 they get past the sleens without so much as a scratch
6) Those who wish to trade with the Tuchuks will be branded on their upper forearm with the sign of the bosk. It is the merchants brand and shows when they come to the Tuchuks to trade they come as slaves. This is of course if their merchandise is found acceptable.
7) If the merchandise of one who comes to trade with the Tuchuks is found poor then they will be slain on the spot. And their cargo taking for the trouble of the Tuchuks in having to speak with them.
8) Strangers can be spoken for by a Member of the Tribe to be aloud in. The Member who speaks for the Stranger places their life with the actions of the stranger and therefor the Stranger need not be tested for courage and the like, as the Tribe members stand with them.
9) Strangers only draw steel in the protection of the Camp. For no other reason besides that except perhaps for a wager.
10) There is no need to spear gamble if one of the Outriders holds a rank above the others he may offer to spear gamble or just take the killing into his own hands.
11) If there is more then one Outrider at the camp and a stranger arrives they should spear gamble if they are of equal rank or unequal but decide to do so.
~Spear gambling is done by dismounting from your kaiila one person removes there lance and places the tip down in the ground, Everyone walks around the lance leading there kaiila until it falls from where it was towards someone .who ever catches it gets to kill the stranger .just roll 1d# the # being the amount of outriders there whoever's number gets it will be the one who gets to fight the stranger~
12) Tarns that do not show the sign of peace or of the messenger are taking as strangers. Strangers being the same gorean word as enemy they are to be treated as such. And once shot out of the sky they can be used as food for the sleen or the kaiila's. ~If they land out on the plains they roll tarn dice to see if the herd sleen get on them and the tarn...if they land within the camp they don't need to roll...as the herd sleen are on the ground and they were in the air~
Miscellaneous Laws ~_-_~
1) Tribe comes before other people of gor. Vermin of the walls and the such, of course there can some exemptions such as one who has shared grass and earth with a Tuchuk. This still does not put them equal to a Tuchuk it is just as close as any that aren't Tuchuk can come to being it.
2) Prospective Tribe members are not to be killed. If one acts out of place then it shall be dealt with accordingly.
3) OOC and IC crossover is forbidden even on the Plains of Gor.
4) Death is not a resting place in your life. When you have died you are dead gone you can not come back to the Tribe no matter how good a Story Line you think up. You can make anew screen name and try to get into the tribe once more but the one that died shall always remain dead
5) Raids are one thing but make no direct action of War against any other Tribe unless it has been given the Ubar's direct approval.
6) If there is something that one does not understand they can simply ask one of the Chain of Command and if they need to know they will be informed
7) Being a Tuchuk means being of the plains. Not a Man of the city that calls the plains his home and is always in one city or another unless he has business of the Tribe to deal with in those cities.Tuchuk is more of a state of mind one of the Cities might be Tuchuk to be within the Tribe and receive scrolls he must be with the Tribe upon the plains.
8) Wagers are Wagers. If you lose a wager you must still give what you lost. You can not claim that the wager was not good because "whine whine whine" we are Tuchuks not City Dwellers we uphold our ends of bargains or wagers.
9) The challenges of the Living Lance and that of facing the Lance are two challenges that cannot be turned down. Even if not Tuchuk and within our camp they must act as a Tuchuk would on these Matters and compete with either thing or lose and the one who challenged Claims victory.
10) We are not as nice as city dwellers so we skip the first stage of their part on thieves. At first attempt we cut off their right hands instead of notching an ear. And at second attempt we remove the left and their feet.