Kyo is the singer
for Dir en grey. His real name is Nimura Tooru, he was born in Kyoto
on Feb. 16, 1976, his blood type is B, and he stands at 5'3". His
unique voice is clearly the most valuable asset to the band. He
does singing, falsettos, screaming, moaning, roaring, crying, dying, choking,
rapping, you name it, he can do it. Kyo makes short people everywhere
proud with his powerful presence. Indeed, one has not lived until
he has been glared at by Kyo. His hair has been pink, red, black,
and blonde, the latter of which it currently is right now. Kyo enjoys
being the "scary one," and though he may be likened to an evil
china doll, he has a very kind face without the makeup.
- Kyo enjoys lying during interviews. One cannot trust what
- Kyo looks up to the vocalist Kiyoharu in the band Kuroyume.
- When asked to list his 3 most precious things, Kyo responded with:
1. Dir en Grey; 2. my voice; 3. my 800-1000 CDs at home.
- When asked to say something to all of his bandmates, he simply replied
with "Minna-san work hard."
- Kyo must like classical music (Ma! Not what one would expect
from a rocker!) He listens to Brahms- Dir en grey borrowed a tune
from that composer for Deity.
- At one point at a concert in Osaka, Toshiya gave his bass
to Kyo. The look on his face is assumed to be the same face he
would make if someone handed him a large, dead, smelly fish.
- Kyo likes girls in kimonos. Perhaps this is why he so often
wears a furisode.
- His likes and dislikes could be summed up with one word: women.
"They can bring such wonderful happiness, yet are utterly terrifying."
He prefers strong women to passive women.
- Kyo wears glasses. Okay, so that's not really a strange thing,
but kinda nice for all the fans out there looking at the world through
- Kyo once stated that it is okay for people to wear normal clothes
at weddings, but the bride should wear a blue fish. Any reference
to Mr. Newsman? He has stated he would like to get married and
settle down someday.
- Kyo once stated in an interview that, for some reason, people keep
calling him Miyabi. Ever since then, Die keeps calling him "Miya-chan."
- Kyo likes to be called "Kyo" and "Kyo-san."
He hates being called "Kyo-chan."
- He also does not like getting things like candy from fans because
it melts in the mail and makes a mess. He would prefer cigarettes.
- Kyo is getting into other medians of entertainment than visual kei.
He has auditioned for some movies. Us overseas have yet
to find out if he made it.
- Kyo has been quoted to say he will never write a happy song.
- Kyo likes collecting little figurines and action figures.
- He also likes to play videogames and watch anime.
- He also likes plums.
- It has been stated that Kyo can fall asleep anywhere at any time.
- Kyo once ruptured his tympanum (something in his ear.) The
cause is theorized to be a live version of Rasetsu Koku. While
he was in the hospital, Kyo was not worried about delaying the tour
or if these complications would cause problems with the band. He
was just worried that he was going to get fat from the medicine. He
also complained that the nurse giving him saline injections took the
needle out of his arm very slowly, and he wanted her to do it fast.
- When Kyo left the hospital, his bandmates threw him a party with
- Kyo is allergic to flower pollen.
- In his school days, Kyo claims he was in the Shogi (Japanese chess)
club and also claims he never actually joined.