Wedding gift ideas (for parents use if guests contact you for advice)
ideas are to be encouraged! We’ve given
some ideas below for those that need inspiration. We would certainly appreciate tangible
gifts! However, if people wanted to
give money or gift vouchers for specific ideas we’ll be good and promise not to
spend it on anything else! It may be
appropriate for us to wait to spend the money until we return to the
Ways to buy a gift:
1. Buy a gift on your own.
2. Club together to buy a gift between friends.
3. Buy part of a set of items (e.g. crockery & glass crystal).
4. Money for or towards a gift.
5. Gift voucher (Debenhams vouchers are valid for ever, John Lewis can arrange for the voucher to be extended from their usual 12 month period).
1. Crockery: ‘Bistro’ range from Habitat [Click here for price details].
2. Lead-crystal glass:
(i) (i) Glasses & decanters: Grosseto range by daVinci Crystal, found at John Lewis: Hi-ball £14; Sherry £12; Goblet type1 £14; Goblet type2 £13; Flute £13; Wine Decanter £45; Spirit Decanter £45.
Jugs (£100), Carafes
(£75), bowls (£35-£165) and vases (£75-100?) from the Jasper Conran ‘Aura’ range (Stuart Crystal), found at John Lewis/Debenhams/ (maybe House of Fraser). The Aura range also does glasses and
decanters, but we’d prefer the
3. Things for the home: anything from Habitat.
4. Digital camera (expensive so may be good for a group present?).
5. Video camera (expensive so may be good for a group present?).
6. Money for camping stove.
7. Art (sculpture, painting, scroll of cranes on wedding invitation).
8. Membership to:
for ski passes (e.g. for the
10. Vouchers for Amazon.com
Click here to see items that have been bought (We won’t look!! – if you change the ‘bought items page’ then ensure that the link still works)
Please remove gift ideas if you know that they have been bought except for those that people can add to, such as glassware/crockery. The table containing the prices of crockery items could be copied into the ‘bought items page’ and extended to indicate what’s been bought. A similar table could be created for glassware.