|4||Chicken Breasts, boneless and skinless|
|2||Swiss Cheese, slices|
|1/4 Cup||Bread Crumbs|
|1 Tsp||Black Pepper|
|Parsley and Oregano, fresh for garnish|
1) Place chicken breasts between two sheets of wax paper. Pound slightly with mallet.
2) Cut each cheese slice in half; place 1 half on top of each cutlet. Add ham with cheese, if desired. Bring both ends of chicken in. Starting with a short end, tightly roll up cutlets, jelly-roll style. Tie securely with string. Place any broken chicken pieces over any uncovered chicken openings.
3) Whisk egg with water. On waxed paper, combine flour, bread crumbs and pepper. Mix well. Dip chicken in egg and; toss gently in breadcrumb mixture to coat.
4) In a large non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add cutlets; cook, turning frequently, until slightly cooked, about 3 minutes.
5) Place chicken cutlets in casserole dish and cook for a half an hour at 350 F.
6) Place chicken cutlets on a serving platter, remove string. Garnish with parsley and oregano sprigs.