|5 Cups||Apples, sliced|
|1/4 Cup||Brown Sugar|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon Juice|
|Double Pie Crust, unbaked|
1) Preheat oven to 450 F.
2) Roll out half of the dough and line pie plate.
3) Combine apples, sugar, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon.
4) Add lemon juice.
5) Place apple mixture in pie shell. Dab with butter.
6) Roll out remaining dough.
7) Cover filling with dough and slice the top of the dough.
8) Bake 15 minutes then reduce heat to 350 F and continue baking 20 - 40 minutes.
9) Place on wire rack to cool.
Tip: For a glazed finish; brush dough with milk or a whisked egg before baking.