|4 Cups||Cherries, frozen|
|2 1/2 Tbsp||Cornstarch|
|2 Tsp||Lemon Juice|
|1/2 Tsp||Almond Extract|
|Double Pie Crust, unbaked|
1) Thaw cherries in colander over a large bowl.
2) Boil 1 cup of the cherry juice, sugar and cornstarch, whisking until smooth. Reduce heat and simmer; stirring periodically, until clear and thickened.
3) Add in cherries, lemon juice, almond extract and salt. Taste and add more sugar if desired.
4) Pour cherry mixture in pastry shell. Dot with butter.
5) Cut remaining dough into small strips. Decoratively place dough strips across pie, leaving small spaces in between each strip. Repeat steps, placing the remaining dough strips horizontal to the other dough strips. Press dough together and baste with whisked egg.
6) Bake at 450 F for 12 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 F and continue baking for 25 - 30 minutes.