1) Cut pumpkin in quarters, clean out the insides and bake in oven on a cookie sheet for about an hour at 350 degrees or until cooked.
2) Spoon out the cooked pumpkin from the skin and puree in a blender or food processor. Let it sit overnight for a darker effect of the pumpkin.
3) Add in the rest of the ingredients with a hand blender.
4) Pour the pumpkin mixture over the spread out raw shortbread cookie dough.
5) Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 300 - 325 degrees for about an hour or until the middle is not runny. Depends how well your oven works with the proper temperature. The lower the temp - the better it'll bake without burning.
5) Top with whipped cream, once cooled and enjoy!
Shortbread Pie Crust
|1/2 Cup||Icing Sugar|
|3/4 Cup||Butter, softened|
1) Blend ingredients together and spread out in a round 9" pan - Set Aside.