|2 Cups||Milk, scalded|
|1/2 Cup||Butter, softened|
|5 - 7 Cups||Flour|
|2 - 3 Pkg||Lard|
1) Add yeast to cooled milk; add sugar, eggs, butter, and salt. Stir well and add enough flour to make a soft dough.
2) Knead well so that it doesn't stick to hands. Let rise until double in size, punch down, let rise again. Roll out 1/2 inch thick with doughnut cutter and rise again.
3) Fry in lard filled over 1/3 in a pot.
|2 Lbs||Icing Sugar|
1) Combine all the ingredients together adding only enough hot water to make a thick glaze.
2) Dip cooked doughnuts with thongs in glaze and let cool on a rack.