|1 1/2 Cups||Icing Sugar|
|1 1/2 Tsp||Cream of Tartar|
1) Sift icing sugar and flour. Add salt.
2) Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Add cream of tartar at the end.
3) Gradually add sugar to egg whites, whisking all the time.
4) Sift 1/3 of flour misture over egg whites. Lightly fold in. Repeat with remaining flour mixture, little by little.
5) Turn batter into a large ungreased tube pan. Smooth top.
6) Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes or until cake is done.
7) Cool cake. Loosen around edges and remove from pan.