|1 Tsp||Baking Powder|
|1/4 Cup||Chocolate Chips, tiny (optional)|
|Chocolate Filling, Mocha Filling,|
|Whipped Cream or a Mousse Filling|
1) Preheat oven to 375 F. Line parachament paper on 10 - 15 inch cookie sheet with a 1 inch ridge and lightly grease.
2) Blend egg yolks and vanilla with an electric mixer at high speed until yolks are thick and lemon colored. Add water and mix. Set aside.
3) In another bowl, stir together baking powder, salt, cocoa and flour. Add half of mixture with yolk mixture and mix. Set aside all mixtures.
4) In another bowl using clean dry beaters blend egg whites until soft peaks form gradually blending in the sugar until glossy peaks form. Fold in yolk mixture and flour mixture just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips if adding.
5) Pour batter into the baking pan.
6) Bake for 10 - 20 minutes or until top springs back when gently touched.
7) Immediately sprinkle icing sugar over cake and roll cake into a loose cylinder with parachament paper. Cover the rolled up cake with a clean dish towel. Cool completely.
8) Unroll cake, spead with filling, then reroll cake in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
|1 Cup||Whipping Cream|
1) Blend whipping cream; gradually adding sugar and cocoa.
Varaiation: For a mocha filling; add in 1 Tbsp instant coffee granules and 1/2 Tsp cinnamon.