Objective: Secure a challenging position in computer networking, security, configuring, or maintenance where individual growth, teamwork and advancement based on merit is encouraged.
Education: (2000) Associates in Computer Science / Micro computing GPA 3.91
Cisco Certified Network Associate- CCNA 2.0 -- ID# CSCO10203708
(1980) Department of the Navy, Memphis, TN- Aircraft Weaponry/Electronics
(Presently) Preparing for Network+ and A+ Certifications.
Computer / Network Skills: 1997 - Current
-Proficiency in the following operating systems ~ Windows NT4/95/98/2000/ME, and Linux 7.0
-Extensive experience in network hardware, security issues, routers, switches, hubs, modems, and
building computer systems.
-Home network system with 5 nodes, complete with patch panels, Cisco routers, switches, and
various operating systems.
Professional Experience: 1983 – Present
St. Francis of Assisi School, Warwick, RI
Adjunct computer teacher:
- Student instruction
- Computer repair and networking person
- Installed / Maintain Cat 5-e and LAN with 12 nodes, router, and hubs
Commercial Waterproofing Industry, Providence, RI
-Managed and invested money up to $150,000
- Initiated investment of mutual funds, resulting in a 400 % increase
Executive Board Member:
- Resolved workforce / employer dilemmas
- Researched, developed, and initiated 'Annuity plan' for 100 fellow workers
- Chairperson on Annuity Committee
- Member of Safety / Production Team
- Maintained open communications with employees and employers
- Performed final inspections
Summary: Quick learner with the ability to rapidly achieve organizational integration, assimilate job requirements and employ new methods and technologies. Competent at expediting high-risk projects with tight timelines and exhaustive meeting schedules. Work efficiently in both independent and team environments and adaptable well to work situations with changing responsibilities.