Historical Figure & Author Go to College
A PPT project for the B-S Team
- You need to choose one historical figure
and one author who made significant contributions to American
culture and life before 1920
- You will be researching their lives
and contributions, and then…
- Telling us where they should go to
(1 slide for each figure)
research on historical figure or author:
- When and where they lived, major
historical events that happened during their lifetime (e.g. Civil War,
American Revolution, Age of Jackson, etc.)
- Their upbringing (education, family
life, community, major influences)
- What personal characteristics/traits
might help them succeed in college? Give a specific example from
to American Life - (1 slide for each figure)
- What is each person known for?
- What mark or stamp did they leave on
American History and/or Literature?
- What is their legacy in American
- How might our nation be different if
these individuals never existed?
College - (2 slides total)
- What school is the best fit for them?
- Cannot be an Ivy
or a flagship state school (Cal, Michigan, Oregon, etc.)
- What are 5-6 specific attributes of
this college that would have made it a good fit for these two individuals?
Convince us that this college would have been the best fit for this
pair of figures.