Silver Moon Coven Members & Friends
Here is a list of the coven positions and descriptions. Click on an underlined title to learn more about that person. If you are interested in filling a position, please email me at: email@example.com.
High Priest/ess: most likely a female, but possibly female and male. the "leader of the pack"; conducts coven mtgs. and organizes gatherings. should be very knowledgeable about wicca, paganism, buddhism, and even anciet druid religions, etc.; s/he will solve problems and resove arguments; the basic "teacher" of the coven; fills coven positions that are empty. conducts coven votes
Priest/ess: sort-ot the "second-in-command" and the right-hand man to the HP. basically the same duties, but coven members can come to this person if they have any issues with the HP. takes the lead if the HP is absent.
- Scribe: coven secratary; responsible for keeping records, such as members' info (phone #, email, and keeper of the coven BoS, although anyone can really access it, s/he will edit it. also the editor of the newsletter, etc.), person to contact for info on dates, mtgs, or interest in membership (see initiate), etc. (must be good with computers and organizational skills) if possible, writes spells. this position may be filled by two people.
- Bard: storyteller and singer. (if no one really wants to sing, that's okay:) researches-- a lot. knows myths and legends and backgrounds of things. if someone wants something found or looked up, they can ask this person.
- Watcher: scouts out places and secures premises for rituals, mtgs, gatherings, etc; knows how to survive in different environments, would be great if they spoke other languages, even a little. should know a lot about the environment, and lead the coven in protecting it (recycling, planting trees at gatherings, etc.)
- Ranger: should know self-defense, preferably at least one martial art. should be knowledgeable about weaponry and how to wield it.
- Shawman/Healer: should know herbs and health. how to make herbal remedies, tinctures, salves, tea, etc. should also know mental/physical health- such as yoga, meditation, and pilates, diet plans, etc.
- Summoner: should be adept at reading tarot, runes, kamea (magic squares), palm reading, maybe even casting spells and chants. the basic "witch" of the coven. could be more than one person filling this position.
- Master Of...: a person highly skilled in a special field. it could be herbal or musical or anything; permanent or temporary title.
- Initiate: a person new to the coven. must be involved 6 mo. minimum before being accepted as a memeber. HP will hold the coven vote (unanimous for the person to be a member) and decide what/when the initiation should be held. there is no waiting period before a new member can hold a coven position.