Grounding is a technique to bring balance to your subtle body and energy. It helps to get rid of too much energy, or gain needed energy and to get rid of negative energy that may be harmful too you. This is my own personal technique for grounding, there are many different ways to do it and methods are easy to find all over the internet.
1. Start by getting comfortable. Sit, stand or lay down. Make sure that you are not in an awkward position and are able to stay comfortably how you are for a few minutes.
2. Close your eyes and relax. If you need to start by relaxing your toes and move up your body from there. Feel yourself relaxing and let it happen.
3. Imagine energy going from the bottoms of your feet into the ground. It doesn’t matter if you are not on the ground floor of a building, just see the energy go through the floors and into the ground. See this energy connect to the earth, often this is referred to as roots.
4. Once you are connected to the earth, open your crown chakra and allow energy to come in through the crown and down through your subtle body. See/feel this energy go through you and into the ground.
5. Allow this to happen for as long as you want, or until you feel that your energy is balanced. It may help to visualize all negative energy within your subtle body, flowing down your legs and out through the energy from your feet into the ground. Stay relaxed and focused on the energy going through you from the sky and into the ground.
Centering is basically clearing your mind and focusing on the task which you are setting out to accomplish. It helps to release all stress and worries so that they do not interfere with your workings. Once you are done grounding, stay in that position to do your centering if you are doing it.
1. Start by following the first 2 steps from grounding.
2. Now clear your mind. Almost in a form of meditation. Let all distractions cease. Let all your thoughts float away and all your stresses, if there are any left from grounding, melt away.
3. Now focus on your task. Visualize yourself doing it how you wish to do it. Basically you are putting yourself into the proper mind state to perform your task properly.