Interesting Facts About Camaros
Here are some interesting facts about Camaros that any Camaro nut would love to know.If you have any interesting facts that you would like to see on my page feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com
Highest Selling Camaro
- The highest selling model of Camaro was the '79 Z28 Camaro, it sold a record amount of over 250 000 models that year.
Facts OnThe '69 Camaro
- It was the highest selling Camaro until '79, the '69 sold 234 000 units.
- Turbo Hydra-Matic automatic transmions were available in all '69 models except the Z28.
- Four wheel disc brakes adapted from Corvettes became a factory option but cost more if it wasn't on the SS or Z28.
- '69 was the first year for the Camaro to offer a two tone paint job.
- All '69 Camaros came with a four speed with Hurst shift linkages.
- The 427-c.i.d was never put on dealers option sheets in '69.
- Sixty-nine Camaros were built with
- Cowl induction hoods with rear facing cold air inlets were installed on all 427-c.i.d Camaros in '69.
- Iron block 426-c.i.d Camaros were also built but the quantity is not known.
- The Camaro was the official pace car for the 1969 Indianapolis 500.