Inn of the Three Moons
Inn of the Three Moons Message Board
Welcome to the Inn of the Three Moons Information page. All the questions that members and querents have had about our club will be answered here. So. In this revised edition of this website will be several things.
First there will be a new posting of what I call the "Rules of Engagement". This are the things that you can and cannot do to the story as we create it. Also it helps with player interaction as well as gives new members an idea as to where to start with character creation and laying out a basic history.
Rules of Engagement
This second section will be a bit about Mawdryn the continent we'll be playing on. Pantheon and geography will be the focus. This is all players will need to give them an idea of what they'll be up against since not many of you and probably read my "Work in Progress" which you will find on my webpage.
- NO GODS!!!! Same as before. The only thing that changes since we're not playing in Krynn is that if I choose I could play a lesser god to act as a guide since none of you have been on Mawdryn before except me. I know this sounds like I adapted this rule so I could get around it, but how many of you who have played with me for this long think I would do something like that?
- Dragons and Griffins are severly limited. During the Blood-tie wars, where we will be playing, dragons, griffins, and other mythical creatures are being hunted almost to the point of extinction. At this point, you're lucky to see one every 100-150 years.
- Player plot twists and player collaborations are encouraged. I love it when players get together and try to throw a monkey wrench into the developing story. By all means feel free to put me through my paces. I love a challenge and unfortuately I haven't had one in a while. So feel free to jump in anytime.
- Since this is a work in progress, players are allowed to create their own races. however, I need to mention that if any player wants to play a vampire, you are offically giving me license to play with you hardcore. Vampirism and other such 'ghouling' conditions, don't work on Mawdryn. Unless of course you can conjure a necromancer to 'ghoul' you. ;)
- This does not apply to WereWolves. You can play a werewolf and not be subject to the previous prerequisite. However, because Mawdryn has two moons, you will only transform when Both Mother Moon and Child's Moon are full. So the transformations won't be as often, but the blood lust and violent temper will be twice as bad. So think about that before you decide on trying to play one.
- The Universe~The Universe the the supreme being in Mawdryn he/she created the gods and they in turn created the world. Knowing that everything is connected and everything will beget something else, she gave her children the ability to reproduce. However, also knowing that all things in nature are limited, the goddesses can only bear children once every 1500 years. That is why there are so few dieties.
- Lapice~He is the Law of the Land. He was first born of the Universe and so is leader to the rest of the Gods and Goddesses of Mawdryn. He is the patron of the Warrior class primarily but the fact that so many people 'craft' so many different kinds of things fascinates him. So he is content to keep a hand over them while not being obvious about it. His region is Leria the igknowledged school of the warrior arts.
- Evol~She is the Keeper of the Heart. Hers and provinces of healing, home, and family. She is Lapice's sister/wife being second born to the Universe. She watches over the healers of the world and is the patron goddess of the abused, downtrodden, and overall underestimated of Mawdryn. The region of the world that knows Evol best is the southern part known as the Zarian Plains.
- Regin~He is the twin brother and shares some of the responsibilities of Raven, God of Magick and Adventure. They and the Chaos Queen were born of Evol and Lapice. Regin is the God of the Arts. It was he who established for his brother, Scorar, the Tower of Magick and set about making it the center for sorcery in the world. It was also Regin who brought about The Age of Learning, which is similiar in many ways to Earth's Reniassiance. Regin keeps watch over Scorar for his brother but is happy just being alone and perfecting another artform. Needless to say, anyone who fashions themselves artists asks their works blessed by Regin.
- Raven~Raven is Regin's twin and probably the one god in the entire pantheon save the Chaos Riders who involves himself directly with humanity. He loves to go down and drink in the taverns, flirt with all the pretty girls (even those who have been very badly abused bringing them back some of their dignity and honor), and led those chosen 'adventurers' on whatever mission his friend 'the poet' decides need doing. His Region is the Northern Mountains where not much is known save very basic geography. He has no specific patrons, but it is considered good luck if all travelers ask his blessing before starting on the road.
- The Chaos Queen~She is the last child born to the Universe. The embodiment of all that is everchanging, unstable, morally repusive, and 'wrong', she is the Devil of Mawdryn. All who seek greed, ambition for themselves, or power simply for power's sake are in her service. The Wicked Stepmother, Eternal Temptress, and Scorned Woman are some of her faces, though by no means all. Her Domain is the Southern Swamp.
- Moonless Knight~Nothing is known about The Chaos Queen's Consort. The only tie he has to Mawdryn is that when a man or woman goes to Leria to train, and they go renegade, they are proclaimed as "A MoonLess Knight". It is Rumored that He and the Chaos Queen begot the Chaos Riders but their paternity was never established even in divine reckoning.
- The Chaos Riders~The Chaos Riders are more legend than actual divinity. Though Zatil, Enima, and Maroc are decendents of the Chaos Queen, Thead, Death's Widow is said to have at one time been human. When her husband was killed, the only solace she found was in the deaths of others. So when she at last died, the other three petitioned the Universe to let them adopt her as their fourth sister. The Universe Agreed.
They all take turns leading the group depending on what they feel mankind needs to go through. Now for instance, since Father and Son, Brother and Brother are busy killing each other, Zatil leads the group with his siblings in close concert. Thus they are:
- Zatil~God of War, Enima~Goddess of Famine, Maroc~God of Pestilence, and Thead~Death's Widow.
Geography~Here is where you will find your starting points. Scroll down until you find the number that corresponds with the one you choose for your character(s) and that will give you an idea of where to start posting.
The last section will be a summary of the story as it progresses. This way people who jump in after the story has offically started will not be completely lost. This will also help players who have to take a leave of absence for school, work, or other personal business will also not be lost when they return.
- The Town and Tower of Scorar~The town is your basic thriving community. Consisting mostly of craftsman, townspeople, a few mercenaries, and general travelers, there is a feeling that the town supports the tower. The best crops, weapons (of which there are surpisingly few), cloth, and armor (again of which there is little) all get picked up every week by Tower wagons. Everyone is friendly for the most part, but they are all generally obsessed with keeping the Tower and it's residents in good shape.
- The Zarian Plains~I guess the best way to describe the few settlements in Zaria is to say "Picture Qui-Shu meets Mythical Arabia". There is diffently an Arabic feel to the few settlements, but the archeticture is fairly primitive. It's a covert materiachial society which women still remember the value of men, but men are generally seen 'spoiling' their women. Buying all kinds of exotic treats and
presents for them. There are a few more mercenaries in the Plains because Women like to hire them to fight their battles in exhibition like matches in the town squares. People tend to be alittle more Private in the Plains, but are very traditional and exacting in the performance of those traditions.
- The Fort of Full Moon~This is located in the approximate center of the continent. It is a miltiary post that is the center of all trade routes throughout the continent. There are craftsman, nobility, mercenaries, students, masters, and travelers from every corner of the land. There's work to be found for anyone looking for it, companions for near to every kind of journey, and destractions of every description.
- The Fortress City of Leria~There is only one way to describe Leria. Men are the lowest form of life in the World and Women excercise their right to rule it. In Leria, only Women are allowed to graduate from the Warrior College, but men can enroll with a feminine sponser and if he 'proves worthy' (I leave that to open interpretation ;)) he can graduate to palace gaurd. All places of power all held by women. Men are the servants, dancers, and waiters. There are a few free men in Leria but they are under constant servilance and harassed at every turn. (I must admit I'm surprised no one picked the number 4. :0)
The rest of this section are the two geographical points that are going to constantly come up in the story.
- The Fairy Woods~This is a dense forest between Scorar and Leria. Remarkably enough, it is also all around Full Moon. It is always gentle summer in these woods and many travelers have come out with tales of going in with more than they came out with and vice versa. Tales of the best sleep they'd had in their lives. Some have even claimed to see a unicorn with a grey cloud somewhere on the rump. None can agree where they saw it, but they all agree there was a cloud.
- The Northern Mountains~There is a small forest at the base of the Northern range. There is said to be a race of mercenary-like beings that live in the trees. Supposedly they are blessed by the Chaos Queen so no one has any great love to go and investigate. In the mountains themselves, there is said to live a race of the most learned and masterful warriors the world has ever known. But none have come down from the mountains in over a 1000 years, so no one knows what they look like. Some say they are beautiful beyond words, others say they are so ugly, they turn you to stone or dust on the spot.
Well, that's about all I have to start this new web page. I'll have to gather somemore information and refresh myself alittle as to the time period we'll be running in and ironing out npc's and my own characters. Write back soon and get ready we'll be starting shortly after the first of March. Peace and sweet dreams. Amber