Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Disclaimer: I don't own Outlaw Star, though I wish on every star in the galaxy I did, so please don't sue me 'kay?

Note: Ah fan fiction, a world of endless possibilities. This just happens to be one of the crazier of those possibilities. ((-^) Welcome to chapter 3 part A (I wanted to split up parts A and B, you’ll see why later)! How did you like the bad *ss girl from ch. 2? Hated her I’ll bet, am I right? Good. *eg* In case I didn’t get this point through in that ch., Riakie is quite mentally disturbed. Just wanted to clarify things. Okay, on with the fic!

Boutou Hoshi Part 3

By: Adakie aka Jim No Miko

Gene stared down at the kid he now knew was Jim in a mixture of wonder and amusement. He was staring almost straight down, the boy was half his height, into one large, dark blue eye. The other eye was blackened and swollen slightly. He didn’t seem to be focusing with it completely.

"Hey, don’t I even get a thank you?"

"W-what?"

"I saved your life back in the alley, remember?"

The boy turned away with an angry look. "I could’ve handled it."

"Oh really? Then what about that?"

"About what?"

"You’re bleeding."

Jim’s hand went to the side of his face. He had been cut at some time during the earlier brawl and the wound had been re-opened. ‘It probably happened during that girls tirade.’ Gene mused.

"I-it’s none of your business!"

Gene laughed a little, earning him a sour look from Jim. "So, what are you doing out here anyway?" The kid started walking out of the alley. ‘Oh no, you’re not getting away again.’ "Aren’t you going to answer me?"

"I live here."

"That’s a bunch of bull sh*t, and you know it."

Jim turned, clearly about to start shouting, when the sound of sirens began to blare in the cold, early morning. "Just, get out of my way okay!" He took off, running at full speed towards the source of the sound.

‘What the h*ll does he think he’s doing? Oh well, I might as well tag along.’ By the time Gene reached the scene Jim was nowhere in sight. There had obviously been an accident, but the sirens from the ambulance parked nearby had already stopped. A sudden yelling caught his attention.

"What the h*ll are you doing in here?! Get out!!"

The doors of the ambulance burst open and a now familiar form was literally thrown out onto the road. Jim was scrambling to his feet as soon as he landed, and took off towards the safety of the shadows.

"Hey!" Gene yelled, "What do you think you’re doing?!"

Jim didn’t stop, but yelled back a response. "Are you coming, or are you just going to stand there?!" Figuring he had nothing better to do, Gene followed. After a few turns, the boy finally stopped. He leaned against the wall panting for a few minuets, then slowly slid to the ground. He laughed softly, clutching the bag close to his chest.

"Hey, . . . what’s . . . so funny?" Gene asked. There sprint through the city had been long and even he was gasping slightly.

"I . . . I did it."

‘What the h*ll?’ "Did what?"

"I got it. It . . . it took so long, but now . . . I’ve got it."

"Got what?"

"This just has to be it."

"Oh for G*d’s sake would you stop rambling?!"

This jolted the boy from his mutterings. His eyes snapped open and he turned his head sharply towards Gene. "You’re still here?" It was Gene’s turn to laugh.

"Well ya, you asked if I was coming."

"Humph, and you came?" He laughed again, very softly, and pushed himself up against the wall. "You don’t know anything, do you? Well, I’ve got to be going. See ya." The kid flipped him off in mock solute and turned. Then he started walking, or rather limping, away. He didn’t get far. A sharp blow to the back of his neck stopped him in his tracks and he collapsed on the street.

"Confusing little b*stard," Gene said, hoisting the small body over his shoulder. "Well, no rest for the wicked, better get moving."[1]

~*Owarii - End*~

[1] - That quote’s from Final Fantasy 9’s Zidane. ((-^)

Did anyone notice, the symbol of the galactic Leiline is a blue dragon . . . like Seiruu . . . isn’t that just a little creepy?