What Is A
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
Púca and Puca may refer to:
• Púca (also Pooka, Phooka, Phouka, Púka, Pwca in Welsh, pouque in Dgèrnésiais, also Glashtyn, Gruagach), a creature of Celtic folklore, notably in Ireland and Wales
• Púca, used in Ireland for the hallucinogenic Liberty Cap mushroom (Psilocybe semilanceata). This use is believed to predate the popularisation of the mushroom in the 1970s, and may possibly be of considerable antiquity.
• Puca, the aliens in the Reefs Of Earth
• A púca, the protagonist of a series of newspaper cartoons by Martyn Turner
Pooka may refer to:
• Pooka, an only slightly mischievous version of the creature from the stage play and movie Harvey, in which the title character, an invisible six-foot-three-and-a-half-inch rabbit, is described by the movie's main character Elwood P. Dowd as a pooka.
"Pooka - from old Celtic mythology - a fairy spirit in animal form - always very large. The pooka appears here and there - now and then - to this one and that one - a benign but mischievous creature - very fond of rumpots, crackpots, and how are you, Mr. Wilson?"
• Pooka, a character in the classic video game Dig Dug
• Pooka, a ghost horse in Crewel Lye, a fantasy novel by Piers Anthony
• Pooka (World of Darkness), a type of character in the fae-based White Wolf role-playing game Changeling: The Dreaming
• Pooka, the name of Tim Rhymeless' familiar in Wild ARMs 2, which is capable of changing form to facilitate the game's summons
• Pooka, a monster in Dark Age of Camelot
• The Phooka, a type of fay in The Spiderwick Chronicles that speaks in rhymes and shape-shifts
• Pooka, a character that helps the girl, Jenny, and the Ghost Tamsin in the book by Peter S. Beagle entitled Tamsin
• Pooka, a shape-shifting character in the online web comic NeverNever by John Robey.
• "The Pooka MacPhellimey, a member of the devil class", a main character in Flann O'Brien's classic novel At Swim-Two-Birds
• Pooka, the name Anastasia gives the mischievous tag-along pup in the animated film Anastasia.
• Pooka, the name of a now-defunct British pop duo, Natasha Lea Jones and Sharon Lewis (both of whom are now exploring solo careers). From 1993, they released four albums (Pooka, Spinning, Shift, and Fools Give Birth to Angels) and numerous singles. They have also featured on albums from Orbital.
• "The Pooka", a story that appears in the third entry, "Bruce Coville's Book of Ghosts", in the "Bruce Coville's Book of" anthology series
• A Pooka, a wandering spirit that is part man and part donkey that "helps" the main character in the children's book Jamie O'Rourke and the Pooka by Tomie DePaola
• A Pooka named Elwood, that appeared to help the kids find a girl lost in the sutant school's biosphere, in the 1990's comic Generation X
• The word used in the movie Caveman (film) to mean broken.
Phooka may refer to:
• Phooka, a type of shape-shifting ghost noted in the game Ghost Master
Phouka may refer to:
• Phouka, one of the main characters of Emma Bull's best-known book, War for the Oaks
Take it as you will. The nickname “Pooka” was given to me many years ago (perhaps because of my playful and friendly manner) and is now used by all my friends and family.
So as a potential friend (I assume you would like to be my friend if you are taking the time to read all this crap), you may call me Pooka as well. Pleasure to meet you!
A little about me
The Standard Crap:
Height: 5'1" (I'm a shorty, but faeries are supposed to be little, right?)
Weight: Wouldn't you like to know
Location: Well physically Biloxi, MS... but I'm usually in my own little world, separate from the rest of existance.
Photography, Poetry, Listening to music, Fine arts, Horror movies, Playing, Nature, Animals, Dancing, Adult Swim, Phi Theta Kappa (not a fraternity/sorority!), Intelligent conversation, All things fae, Escaping reality...
Mostly indie rock, classic rock, heavy metal, techno, and industrial; but I also occasionally listen to classical and new wave type stuffs.
Oh where to begin... Tori Amos, NIN, Tool, MSI, Dog Fashion Disco, Machine Head, Bjork, Aphex Twin, Audioslave, Buckethead, Collide, Corn Bugs, Deftones, ICP, Ill Nino, Les Claypool, Primus, Hed PE, LOA, Mudvayne, Paul Oakenfold, Pleymo, Prodigy, Rabit in the Moon, Rasputina, SOAD, Soulfly, Souxsie and the banshees, Stone Sour, Taproot, The Doors, Lynyrd Skynyrd, CCR, Rob Zombie... just to name a few.
Horror mostly & Anime, but cartoons in general kick ass.
Lilo & Stitch, My Friend Totoro, Vampire Hunter D, Laine: Serial Experiments, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Crow, Event Horizon, Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness, Dead Alive, Alice in Wonderland...
Well, I will read pretty much anything, but here are a few authors I particularly like...
Anne Rice, Edgar Allen Poe, Thoreau, Hawthorne, Lewis Carroll, Cervantes, Plato, Dickens, Mark Twain, Melba Patello Beals, Bram Stoker, Mary Shelley, William Shakespeare, Beatrix Potter, Marquis de Sade...
Ok, that's the basic shit about me.
That is all I feel the need to include at this moment in time.
However, I'm going to add to this whenever I actually get five minutes to do so.
In the mean time, if you would like to know more about me and my interests please refer to my links (particularly my livejournal site).
And if you want to make any comments or any of that junk go to the more about me link and sign my guestbook.
And just for shits and giggles: