Dragon Slayer Quest
Topic: Dragon Slayer Quest
Requirements: 32 Quest Points
Suggested items: Good weapons and armor.
Reward: Some combat XP, Quest Points, able to buy Rune Plates
To begin this quest, talk to the guildmaster in the champions guild (You need 32 quest points to gain access to the guild). He will direct you to Oziach, who is located north of barbarian village and west of Edgeville in a small house. After he gives you directions, you may choose which part to begin first.
Use the key Oziach gives you to go into Melzars Maze, which is located north of Rimmington. You should bring your best armor and probably some food.
- The first monster you will meet are rats. They drop a red key, which you use with the northwestern-most door.
- The second key (orange) is got from level 25 ghosts. Use it with the door directly north of the spawn point.
- The third key (yellow) is dropped by level 31 skeletons, and should be used with the door on the southwest side.
- The fourth key (blue) is dropped by level 32 zombies, and should be used with the north door.
- The fifth key (magenta-purple) is dropped by Melzar himself (level 45). Use it with the north door.
- The sixth key (black) is dropped by a level 79 lesser demon. Use it with the north door, and open the chest for your first map piece. Then go up the laddar. You may want to keep the key to the maze, as there are some good places inside to train your fighting skills.
Talk to the Oracle on top of the ice mountain near the Dwarven Mine. She will give you a riddle about four objects that need to be gathered to gain access to a room.
- Object one: Small crustacean cage=lobster pot. Buy one from the fishing store in Port Sarim.
- Object two: Bowl that has not seen fire=unfired bowl. Mine some clay, use a jug or bucket of water with it, go to barbarian village, find the pottery wheels and make a bowl but DONT USE IT WITH THE FURNACE.
- Object three: Worm string changed to sheet=silk. Buy it from the silk trader in Al Kharid.
- Object four: Drink of the mage=Wizards mind bomb. Buy one from the bar in Falador.
The room you need to find is in the Dwarven mine. When you go down the laddar to the mine, take the second left passage you come to, and go straight until you see a door. If you have all the objects in your inventory, you should be able to go inside, open the chest, and get your map piece.
You must be able to do the telekinetic grab spell (level 33 magic or level 31 using the Wizards mind bomb). Gather the necessary runes, and go to the jail near Port Sarim. There is a goblin there named Wormtail. Kill him with magic or ranged skill, and telekinetic-grab the map piece.
Buy the Lumbridge Lady from the sailor in Port Sarim, and get 3 planks (go up the westerm-most side of the wilderness, until you find planks and tiles to your right). You also need 12 nails, which can be made if you are level 34 smithing out of 6 steel bars. Get a hammer, and use the planks with the hole in the Lumbrdge Lady. You will need to talk to Ned in Draynor Village about sailing the boat, but dont go on the boar until you are ready to fight the dragon.
You will need all your fighting stats (attack, denfese, strength, hits) at at least level 43 each. Take your best armor, runes for Varrock teleport, one strength potion, the anti-dragon breath shield, and as much food as possible (preferably lobsters or swordfish).
Anti-Dragon Breath Shield: Talk to the Duke of Lumbridge in the second floor of Lumbridge Castle. Ask him about the Shield.
As you land on the island, you will meet level 31 skeletons, level 36 King Scorpians, level 32 Hobgoblins, and a level 79 lesser demon that you may be able to slip by without fighting. Go down the stairs, (you may want to take one dose of your strength potion first) and fight your way through level 54 skeletons until you reach the level 110 Dragon. While fighting it, dont let it get you down to less than 20 hits. The best tactic is to fight, run and eat, then fight again, until you kill it. Then go out of the door, South through the lesser demons, and through the "odd-looking wall". You are now on Karamja, and you have now completed the Dragon Slayer Quest!