The Lord is my Sheperd I shall not want. Psalm 23
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office: Amos Eaton 433
Office hours: Tuesday 3:30pm-4:30pm and Wednesday 10:00am -11:00am
Welcome to my website. Allow me to introduce myself I am Pablo Suarez. I was raised and born in Honduras, a small country in Central America.
I enjoy watching soccer, specially the world cup. It is every four years. If you want to know more about soccer go to fifa.com.
Now down to business. I will be the instructor for the recitations in Sections 14 and 15.
- Section 14 Meets from 12:00pm - 1:00pm in Sage 2704
- Section 15 Meets from 2:00pm - 3:00pm in Sage 2715
Now down to business! Here is the schedule for the recitation:
- Tuesday: Work on homework problems and other questions.
- Friday: Quiz day! And also play with Maple.
There will be to main objectives for recitation: The first is to work on hard problems and the second is to develop some skills in how MAPLE works.
Here are some guidelines about what to expect on the problem soliving day:
- Try working on the homework problems on your own first.
- Consult your peers and learn from them.
- Ask specific questions about the problems.
- If you have tried a problem several times and you really cannot do it ask for it or come by my office.
- Consult me during the week for homework problems.
I have some policies regarding quizzes:
- There will be 3 to 4 quiz problems.
- NO CALCULATORS!
- No consultation with peers or "looking" around.
- Quizzes are 10 to 15 minutes long.
- They will graded and returned at most one week after it is given.
- There will be no make-up quizzes. If by chance you miss a quiz with a valid excuse it will not be counted toward your grade. For example if we have five quizzes and you missed one. Your quiz percentage will be from four.
- Cheating will not be tolerated. If you are suspected of cheating you will get a ZERO! If you change an answer you will get a ZERO and if enough information is provided for further penalty you will be prosecuted.
- Answers will be posted in this webpage two or three days after the quiz has been given.
Now a little more about me regarding the instruction of the class and also my office hours:
Finally I have to discuss grading appeals:
- Like you I am a student with other responsabilities also.
- I will answer questions only during my office hours. If you see me on campus or somewhere else and I am doing something. I am terribly sorry but I may not be able to help you or attend class matters. If I have time I will help you.
- E-mail is for appointments. I cannot answer questions regarding homework problems. It will take me lots of time to answer a million different e-mails from a bunch a student.
- Appointments will be on Saturday between 12:00pm and 2:00pm. The meeting place will typically be the union or the library. DO NOT mistake this with office hours I will be there only if an appointment is requested. Please e-mail two days in advance for an appointment.
- I will work with you and help you. I AM YOUR BEST FRIEND IN THIS CLASS.
Here are some interesting sites you might want to visit and also material on the class:
- If I make a mistake or you feel I did not give enough partial credit you have a week to talk with me from the day the quiz is returned.
- Tests appeal will be directed to the instructor who graded your test. Sometimes it could be me.
Here is an interesting link so you can find out more about Honduras.
Here you can find some help for MAPLE. IT HELPED ME!