The 28 Day Plan - What Is It?
This is a fun plan, it takes the boredom out of ana, gets you achieving stuff, and you will stay motivated by the friendly competition between each other!
You can get up to a maximum of 10 points per day, 2 points for each of five categories. The categories are:
Daily Self Esteem Challenge
You must follow your meal plan (smd, shd, or whatever) or stay within your calorie range everyday! If you stay on your plan and eat within your daily range of calories give yourself 2 points. If you go over, but not by much, 1 point. If you have a bad day 0 points. (Since I am fasting if I go water only I get 2 points, if I have liquids, i.e. juice, then i only get 1 point. If I happened to have a bite of anything solid I get zero points.)
If you have 64+ ounces, 2 points. 32-64 is 1 point, and less than 32 is 0. Any de-caffeinnated beverage with 0 calories counts as water, but you can only use stuff other than actual water (diet Sprite, Crystal Light, decaf tea) for 24 ounces of your daily total. Just think of how great your skin is going to look after ALL that water.. no more pimples..no more zits..
If you work out for 30 minutes or more, 2 points. 20-29 minutes, 1 point. Less than 20 minutes, 0 points. It's unrealistic to expect us to work out every day, so you get a "Get out of exercise free" card to use once a week.
This one's an all-or-nothing. You have to post every day about how you did on the challenge. If you do it, you get 2 points, if not, you don't get any.
Self Esteem Challenge:
This is where it gets fun. Every day of the week, there's a special daily challenge that you get to select. If you do it, you get 2 points, if you don't do one, you get 0. Challenge points are the only points that you can make up later, though.
- Monday Challenge: Celebrate Me! Give yourself a facial, take a bubble bath, get a few minutes to yourself, etc. Do something to make yourself feel good.
- Tuesday Challenge: Procrastinator's Anonymous: Everyone has something they're putting off - this is your chance to finally DO it.
- Wednesday Challenge: Random Act of Kindness Day. Commit a random act of kindness - give a compliment, be polite to a telemarketer, donate to charity - anything as long as it's nice!
- Thursday Challenge: Try It, You'll Like it! Do a new exercise, make a new recipe that looks good - expand your horizons!
- Friday Challenge: Fun Day! Blow bubbles, go to a movie, dance, be silly, have fun!
- Saturday Challenge: Cleaning out the Cobwebs: Clean something in your house that needs it.
- Sunday Challenge: This is a make-up day for all your other challenge days. If you missed a challenge, do it on Sunday. If not, just plan for the next week and take it easy.
If you eat a little extra food, you can exercise extra to make up for the food points. 30 minutes for every 150 calories. You have to decide if it's worth it.
In your daily post, make sure you post your numbers. Your first number is the number of days you've been in the challenge, the second is the pounds you've lost and the third is the total number of points you've earned on the challenge so far. So if you've been on the plan for 7 days, you've lost 1.5 pounds and you have gotten 68 points, you'd just post 7/1.5/68. Also, tell us about your daily self esteem challenge.. let us know how you loved yourself today! Most of the time ana-life is so negative.. take a 28 day break and do good things for yourself every day.. and earn 2 points!
Saftey Clause::::THIS IS SERIOUS
The Day(s) of Amnesty..If you are having a bad day..weak..tired..getting ill.. STOP take the day off.. Eat "normally" and get yourself together. You'll be able to do better later on if you get better quickly, and remember that SUNDAY is make up day, so if you're feeling guilty about taking some time off you can make up for it then ) We wanna keep this safe.
The point of it is to keep going for 28 days. If you have a bad day you can't just go "oh I'll just start again tomorrow". You have to KEEP GOING.
This plan was adapted from here.