Mariners' Polytechnic Colleges
Panganiban Drive, Naga City
Tel. No. 473-1434
An effective Registrar's Office requires the
service of a competent personnel and staff.
Registrar is one of the important frontliner
of the school, serving our clients--the students.
- Provide good service to our clientile.
- Implement policies and procedures relative to admission, registration and graduation of students.
- Serve as recorder and keeping student records.
- Give more friendly customer relation to clientile.
ORGANIZATIONAL LINE & STAFF ORGANIZATION
Mrs. Merle J. San Pedro
Vice President for Academic Affairs
Mrs. Amelia Carido
Ms. Janet Cantor
Ms. Irene Imperial
Ms. Miraflor delos Santos
Ms. Armie Amor Cledera
Ms. Jonalyn Abrantes
ORGANIZATION AND ADMINISTRATION OF REGISTRAR
The chart of organization that follows carry
out the Registrar's Office in Mariners, Naga City. The Registrar, Assistant Registrar, Personnel, Encoder and Student Aide are
key persons in the actual administration of the Registrar's Office. The daily contact are student and parents for daily transaction.
FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. COLLEGE REGISTRAR
As part of the Administrative staff of the college the Registrar is charged with the sole responsibility of keeping students
records, particularly academic records. This responsibility makes the function of the Registrar closely involved with
admission, release and graduation of students which function required prompt action and accuracy.
- Keep all students record up-to-date;
- Reconstruct missing student records in the school file on the basis of the official records available in this office;
- Issue transfer credentials, transcript of records, students permanent records and students monthly report cards with
certificate of eligibility to transfer;
- Examine credentials for purposes of registration and to enforce entrance requirements;
- Take up with this office matters regarding recommendation of deans and principals on student's overload, cross-registration,
admission of students from foreign schools, transfer of students after the enrollment period, etc;
- Prepare and sumbit all reports (on prescribed form) on enrollment, attendance, students load, promotion and all other
data which may be requested by the Bureau from time to time;
- Prepare and submit in consultation with respective deans, the records of candidates for graduation on the prescribed
- Assist the dean or the head of department during the registration in determining the subject load and subject sequence;
- Consolidate schedules of classes for each term prepared by the respective deans or head of departments;
- Enforce regulations regarding enrollment, student's load, transfer, promotion, subject sequence, suspension, dismissal
of students and other disciplinary measures in cooperation with the department concerned in the said college;
- Be responsible for all correspondence regarding school records.
B. RECORDS CLERK FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Types/computerize records, transcript of records, certification/certificates, enrollment reports and etc.
- Files duplicate copies of transcript of records, certification/certificates and others respectivestudent's 201 files in
his/her designated course in charge.
- Files students records of her designated course in charge.
- Assist in the evaluation of students records, subjects credit earned in other school in her designated course in charge
with the assistance of Asst. Registrar and supervion of the Registrar.
- Prepare the school calendar for every school year opening start of the first semester.
- Prepare the summer permit before starting the summer classes to be submitted to the CHED Regional Office.
- Prepare the Basic Higher Education Data every month of August every year as CHED Required Report.
- Prepare the QUICK COUNT REPORT for enrolment every July.
- Prepare the CHED Report Requirement:
- Enrolment List
- Form 19
- Candidates/Permanent record for graduation
- Receiving and responding communications
- Files of stident 201 file by course.
- Assisting students during enrollment period.
- Prepare the programs for Graduation.
- Posting and recording the grades of students in their permanent record.
- Prepare and compute the grades of honor students by course.
- Entertain our students and parent for getting their credentials in the Registrar's Office.
C. FUNCTIONS OF THE COMPUTER ENCODER
- Encode all necessary documents under the office of the Registrar to which she is assigned.
- Be responsible for printing evaluation form for students grades as requested.
- Be responsible for enrolment period for computerize the matriculation of students this school year 2003-2004.
- Be responsible for other duties that may be assigned to her from time to time by her immediate superior.
- Be responsible for encoding and printing the enrolment list and forms 19 as required by TESDA/CHED office for submission
on the deadline date.
D. FUNCTIONS OF STUDENT AIDS (WORKING STUDENT)
- Assist the filing and pull-in/out of records in filing section area.
- Control the records release and file in the filing section area.
- Assist in typing some documents requested by the students with close supervision of the record clerk.
- Assist the Registrar and its employees in making the office run smoothly.
- Make a requisition needed in the office and signed by the Registrar.
PROCEDURES AND INSTRUCTION AT REGISTRAR'S OFFICE DURING ENROLLMENT PERIOD:
- Freshmen and Transferees students are required to submit all needed documents like: Form 138, Honorable Dismissal, Transcript
of records, Good Moral Character, Pictures, Medical Certificates, Police Clearance/Narcom, etc.
- New and Transferees students secure matriculation form for enrollment at the Registrar's Office and to the old students
verification slip from the Accounting Office.
- The students fill-up the matriculation form and copy the schedule of classes posted at the bulletin board, then proceed to
Registrar's Office for checking the units subject required and for computerization.
- The students proceed to the Accounting Office and present their computerized schedule of classes and for payment the required
amount upon enrollment.
- After payment from the Accounting Office the students must proceed to the Registrar's Office to secure class cards and IDs.
REQUIRED FORMS FOR GRADUATING AND GRADUATES:
- Accomplishment of application form for graduating students, first week of January to second week of February.
- Accomplishment of clearance form from different departments for graduates and transferees.
- Release of requested credentials Transcript of Records (TOR), Special Order (SO), Diploma and others. 3 to 5 days after filing
of their clearance to the Registrar's Office.
CODE OF ETHICS FOR REGISTRAR
- Value the work of the Registrar at the atmost honest, integrity, courtesy, politeness, and friendliness fellow Registrar,
students and parents.
- Adopt the right attitude towards fellow Registrar, school staff, TESDA/CHED personnel, and toward the profession.
The Registrar and his Staff must endeavor to maintain:
- COURTESY to all within the school community and to the public in general;
- HONESTY, Trustworthiness, regularity and punctuality in the performance of their respective assignments and responsibilities.
- HARMONIOUS and cooperative relations with all in the school, contributing their best in the matter of competence and production,
for the welfare of the school as a whole.
CONFIDENTIALITY OF RECORDS:
The following guidelines are made for the
confidentiality of records under the classified or strickly confidential:
- A student is entitled to a transcript of record, but he is not entitled to know other records in his file which are confidential
- A student has the right to see his academics record through evaluation form of his own standing performance.
- Transcripts of academic records should only contain information about academic status.
Web Master: Boboy ® Laure, Jr.
Copyright © 2003 by Mariners' Polytechnic Colleges, Naga City. All rights reserved.
Revised: October 28, 2003 10:26:31 +0800 MPCWeb Team