EDTC 560 Applications Of Multimedia And Web Page Design
This course examines the use of multimedia in the context of distance education. This course focuses on the elements of multimedia, the principles of Web-page design, and the integration of multimedia. This course will analyze the appropriate uses of multimedia in the context of instruction, learning, and training.
Topics and Objectives
- Define multimedia.
- List elements of multimedia.
- Analyze learning theories and multimedia.
- Evaluate the role of planning in creating multimedia projects.
Multimedia Instructional Design
- Analyze instructional design in multimedia.
- Evaluate media specifications (e.g., platform parameters and graphics).
- Create an instructional/training project incorporating multimedia features into PowerPoint®.
- Survey Web-authoring tools.
Web Design and Multimedia Development
- Analyze common development components for Web-page design.
- Examine HyperText Markup Language (HTML).
- Describe the process to create audio and video components.
- Analyze diverse multimedia-based learning environments.
- Design a basic Web site.
- Apply the model for design and development to refine and expand the layout of the existing Web site.
- Use a Web-authoring tool to incorporate multimedia into the existing Web site.
- Evaluate instructional multimedia Web sites.
- Explain the difference between Web-authoring tools and Web-programming languages.
- Analyze instructional Web sites that incorporate simulation.
- Examine tools for creating interactive multimedia elements.
Multimedia Testing Instruments
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of administering online tests.
- Identify situations for the suitable use of self-tests.
Information retrieved from University of Phoenix
Online Student and Faculty Web site (home page