Barbara Smallwood Stock, CG, is a professional genealogist with a concentration in forensic work. She draws from her scientific background and experience and training in the field of genealogy to offer expertise in complex or problematic kinship determination services for law firms, probate companies, and bank trust officers. As a board-certified professional genealogist, she adheres to the BCG, APG, and CAFG Genealogical Standards and Codes of Ethics. Expediency, reasonable hourly rates, all information held confidential.
- Complex kinship determination for probate/estates or unclaimed property
- Identification of next-of-kin for unclaimed persons
- Due diligence affidavits
- Kinship evidence evaluation
- Professional, fully documented, court-ready reports and kinship charts
- Consultation services
- Expert, disinterested witness testimony for court hearings
- Project management
Often heir searchers charge contingency fees, costing the heirs a substantial portion of the estate. An hourly rate leaves more of the estate for the family. My hourly fee includes research, analysis, and report preparation. Expenses such as vital records fees, photocopies, postage, database search fees, and parking are billed in addition to the hourly rate. Any large or unusual expenses are pre-approved by the client. Contact me for a free, no-obligation estimate.