What do you mean?
A Can you tell what these sentences want to say. Use expressions with " use to "
- I no longer go to the library.
- Nezha isn't married any longer.
- They don't sell used cars here anymore.
- He no longer writes letters.
- We don't see dogs in our streets any more.
- She doesn't wash her clothes on the roof anymore.
- The kids aren't noisy any more.
What happens ?
B Can you Explain ?
- I used to go to the library.
- Nezha used to be married.
- They used to sell used cars here.
- He used to write letters.
- We used to see dogs in our streets.
- She used to wash her clothes on the roof.
- The kids used to be noisy.
C Rewrite these sentences in the negative form
- You used to go to the cyber club.
- Nezha used to be fat.
- They used to sell new cars here.
- He used to write poems.
- We used to see elephants in our streets.
- She used to wash her car on the roof.
- The kids used to be silly.
What is the question?!
D Write the questions to which these sentences are the answer.
The underlined words are the answer, they should not appear in the questions
- He used to go to work on foot.
- He used to live in a big house.
- He used to get up at 6 O'clock.
- Yes, he used to be married.
- He used to exercise because he was fat.
- He used to go to sleep very late.
- No, he didn't use to eat a lot of chocolate.
E./a Write five sentences talking about the things you used to do.
E./b Write five sentences talking about the things you didn't use to do.
to the lesson
The Use of "Only"