1. You shouldn't be (pessimism) about the future?
2. I know Peter very well. He is a (humour) person.
3. Is it (law) to use the mobile phone in class?
4. The kid is a (passion) user of technology.
|a. education||b. preservation||c. investment||d. care|
|1. She's training hard so that she can lose weight.||a. Uncertainty||1. [ ]|
|2. I don't really care.||b. Opinion||2. [ ]|
|3. I guess technology has already controlled some of our activities.||c. Purpose||3. [ ]|
|4. You look tired. You ought to get some rest.||d. Disagreeing||4. [ ]|
|5. They'll probably ask us to leave this location soon.||e. Indifference||4. [ ]|
|6. Sorry to say it, but you are wrong.||f. Advice||4. [ ]|
1. She posted her babyís photo on facebook. She wanted to show it to the world. ( so as to )
2. My uncle is very rich. He never gave me a penny. ( yet )
3. He was a bad boy. He didn't have any friends. ( as a result )
|apply for||look after||set up||let down|