- You know what! I have some good news to tell you.
Rabha: "I'm getting married soon."
Giving and Responding to good news
- Congratulations! I'm glad to hear that
- That's fantastic!
- I'm so happy to hear that
- That sounds like great news!
- That's great!
- That's wonderful!
- That's terrific!
- That's great news!
- Splendid news!
- That's good!
- That's Brilliant!
- "I'm so sorry to inform you ..."
Jamal: "My project has been rejected by the committee".
Giving and Responding to bad news
- My goodness!
- I'm sorry to hear that
- I'm sorry to hear such terrible news
- I can't believe that.
- Poor you!
- I'm awfully sorry!
- That's awful!
- That's terrible!
- That's too bad!
- I'm so sorry!
- "My grandpa passed the Bac. Exams"
- "My cousin had an accident"
- "I got a promotion at work"
- "I lost my job"
- "My first short story has been published recently"
- "I obtained a scholarship to study at Med V University"
- "I was refused a grant to study abroad"