You Know You're Stuck in the 80's If...
I've decided to add what people send in at the TOP of the list from now on, so here goes nothing.
Here’s some more from Gail Goodhand. Thanks Gail!
You can remember the name Kari being used BEFORE Digimon.
You think Gundam Wing is a obvious Transformers rip-off.
You remember Adam Sandler from Remote Control, not "Happy Gilmore".
If the name Starscream means anything to you.
If you shout, "It's Optimus PRIME, not Optimus PRIMAL!"
If you've ever seen the ORIGINAL Land Before Time. (I've seen all 7...)
If you know who sang the theme to Pee-wee's Playhouse. (It was Cyndi Lauper; she wasn't mentioned in the credits)
If you think Hulk Hogan is the best wrestler of all time.
If the best non-slasher movie in your opinion is An American Werewolf In London.
If you can recall the most famous commerical line of all time. (It's either "Where's The Beef?" or "Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!"
Two words: The Clapper.
Six words: "This is your brain on drugs."
Here’s some from krissypooandbaby. Thank you!
-My little ponies
-Cabbage patch kids
-Jem and the Holograms
-Sit and spin
-get in shape girl
-remember when the Simpsons were on the Tracy Ulman show before and after
-double dare and fun house
-I'm weak in the knees cuz I'm hankerin' for a hunk of cheese
-I like pizza pie, I like macaroni, but what I love is my first Sony
-The letter people
These are from a visitor from AOL who did not identify themselves. Thanks!
You remember when Michael Jackson was actually considered something of a sex symbol.
You remember where you were when you heard that the Challenger blew up. (I was in a bookstore on 8th Street in Manhattan near my college -- the same
bookstore where I swear I once saw Ric Ocasic, another 80s Icon).
For guys: You owned at least one skinny leather tie.
For girls: Metallic clothing!
You remember the Chipwich craze.
You remember the first time you saw a CD and skeptically thought, this will never go over big...
Your first Walkman weighed 10 pounds and was the size of a brick.
You remember hearing about AIDS for the first time, back when not a lot was known about it and there was a lot of misinformation.
you know your stuck in the 80's when...
you know how to gleek
you thought the Hawaiian Punch guy was cool
you made iron-on t-shirts at the mall
two-tone dolphin shorts
lolli-pop pens from the Hallmark store
oragami fortune tellers
half cans of soda on field trip days
koala bear clip on's
knickers made by S.W.A.T.
fruit and vegetable pencil toppers
No Bozo's stickers
mopeds and clovies
from Stephanie (love this website!)
Here are some from Nikki. Enjoy :)
1.You know every word and movement from the movie Grease.
2.You thought Grease 2 was a good movie.
3.You know the words to 'Strawberry Rap', and can name at least five other characters from Strawberry Shortcake.
4.You want to live in 'the Valley'.
5.You still count Hans Solo as one of the sexiest men alive (Ranks up there with Mike Reno, Adam Ant, and Rick Springfield)
6.You remember what Michael Jackson looked like before the surgeries.
7.You know who Mike Reno is.
8.You wish Solid Gold would come back, cause you took all those dance classes just to be on that show.
9.You saw every episode of "Friday the 13th" and "Nightmare on Elmstreet" in a theater.
10.You liked Freddy Kruger better as Willie on "V".
11.If you've ever watched 'Soul Train'.
12.Ferris Bueller was your idol.
13.You watched 'Star Search' on a regular basis.
14.You still think of Will Smith as the Fresh Prince.
15.You remember Sammy the Snake from Sesame Street.
16.You regularly refer to people as "Dude".
17.If you hear the song "I heard it through the Grapevine" and you think of the Dancing Raisins.
18.Every now and then, you blurt out: "Ooh noo, Mr. Bill!!!"
19.If you had an entire wardrobe of Esprit clothing (or coveted one.)
20.If you ever doubted that Janet Jackson would make it on her own.
21.If you know the words to the "Oscar Mayer" theme songs.
Other ways of knowing you're stuck in the eighties...
1. When friends come over, you prepare refreshments with your Holly Hobby Oven and Snoopy Snowcone Maker.
2. Forget the Emmys, Helen Hunt and Sarah Jessica Parker were at their best in "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun."
3. You remember watching "Zoobilie Zoo" (coming right at you!) and "The Great Space Coaster" (off we go!) before school.
4. You still think that no one could EVER beat Mike Tyson!
5. You wonder why the Jacksons never followed up on that awesome "Victory" tour and album.
6. You rush home in the afternoon, not wanting to miss any of "Dance Party, USA"!
7. You listen to the radio on Sunday nights, hoping they'll play your request and dedication to your crush. (Probably something like Debbie Gibson's "Lost In Your Eyes.")
8. You miss Saturday morning cartoons like Kidd Video and Galaxy High.
You know you're stuck in the '80s if....
-you find yourself quoting "valley girl"
-you only wear pink because Molly Ringwald would think it's cool
-you're bangs are teased perfectly to 7 inches above the rest of your hair
-you go rollerskating every Friday night, not to skate, but to 'hang out'
-you're a "maniac, maniac, on the floor and you're dancin' like you've never danced before"
-you get you're makeup tips from the lead singer of twisted sister
-you remember when Ricky Martin was in Menudo
-you remember when NesQuick was "Nestle's Quick"
-you're Ring Pop always matches you're Candy Necklace
-you still have you're plastic chain charm necklace and matching bracelets
-you still have you're pink high top converse with the fluorescent yellow tongue
-you still want to be a member of the Go-Go's
-you remember when they were New Kids on the Block not NKOTB
-you still have all of your New Kids merchandise, including the dolls
These are just a few of my favorite memories, I hope everyone will enjoy reading them.
This is from Debbie! Thanks for sharing it with us!
You're a child of the 80's if you...
-still own a white t-shirt with lavender 3/4 sleeves
-still own a t-shirt with your name on it
-have your turntable set up next to your CD player
-look for Trapper Gear binders in your local drugstore
-remember when Post-It notes only came in yellow
-know what movie the phrase 'They're heeeeere' came from
-have multi-colored earrings that touch your shoulders
-you think Activision games were better than Atari 2600
-wanted to transfer to Sweet Valley High and make friends with the twins
-giggled in the B Dalton bookstore over 'Forever' by Judy Blume
-remember when Ribordy drugstores were next to every Jewel grocery store (this could be a local chain, but it's one of my favorite memories)
-were allowed to keep the deposit from the 8 pack of returnable Pepsi bottles
-still have your soda can pull-tab necklace
-can still relate to any of the following...Blair, Jo, Natalie or Tootie
-got your arms caught under the Slip-n-Slide on a July afternoon
-played Upwords, Boggle or Trivial Pursuit (the original) on a rainy afternoon
-you were 'country when country wasn't cool'
-wanted Mickey to understand that if 'you take me by the heart when you take me by the hand'
-you remember Debbie Gibson...not Deborah Gibson
-you wore lace gloves with the fingers cut off, bangle bracelets up to your elbows, bright red Reebok high tops and parachute pants to a school dance.
These are from Tamara Ray. Thanks so much for sharing your memories with all of us '80s junkies!
1. You still know that Punky Brewsters fashions, The Chipmunks songs, Smurf's lifestyles, and The Turtle's language is the real meaning in life. You wonder where it all went?
2. He-Man was your hero, Mask had the vehicles, Voltron had the power, and Star Wars had the force.
3. Rainbow Brite, Moondreamers, Pound puppies, Strawberry Shortcake, Rose petal, My little Ponies, Care Bears, Muppet Babies, Fraggle Rock, Koala's, Super Teddy, Ghostbusters, Snorks, Smurfs, Kids Incorporated, Wuzzles, Popples, Sesame Street, Mr.Rodgers, He-Man, Voltron, She-Ra, Jem, Mask, and all of the others are shows you can still quote.
4. Donald Duck NOT Mickey Mouse, was everybody's favorite Disney character.
5. E.T. was on all of the lunch boxes.
6. Monsterpiece Theatre is the source for knowledge as you watch Cookie Monster eat the books.
7. Kermit the Frog was the daily news broadcaster.
8. Rainbows, sparkles, and dancing are in.
9. You still want to take Karate...After you move to California.
10. You think that if you wish hard enough, you'll go to Fantasia.
11. Mirrors, holes, pictures and carnivals are places you go through to get to your dreamworld.
12. There was a joke in every gum wrapper.
13. You "Mousersice" to lose weight.
14. Donald Duck Presents was the coolest show on T.V.
15. Rocky Road was the best flavor.
16. 7-11 was the local hangout.
17. You still watch Flight of the Navigator.
18. Roller skating, blowing bubble gum, and listening to your stereo was cool.
19. You threw eggs into the air to see if they would fly.
20. You know that 'Chip' turns into a human by the end of the show.
21. You thought of jumping off of a building to see if you could fly, but instead go buy a kite.
22. Tag, Four-Square, T.V. Tag, Ghost in the Graveyard, and Dodgeball were the games to play.
23. Pac-Man didn't have a girlfriend.
24. Ice-cream parlors and dressing up like the fifties were what you did as a party.
25. Punky Brewster wore your favorite clothes.
26. When you see a rainbow, you expect either a Care Bear or Rainbow Brite to come off of it.
27. You think that all toys should have some sort of secret pocket or gadget.
28. Pink is not a dumb color. Hot pink isn't either.
29. Jem gave Barbie a run for her money.
30. You've always wanted to be a rock star.
31. Slurpees are your favorite drinks.
32. Kool-aid was good for you.
33. Building tree-houses, and selling lemonade was a part of life.
34. You can finish off any song you hear that's from the eighties.
35. The Chipmunks were the best rock group.
36. The Chipettes ran a close second.
37. You never doubt in fairy tales. You're too afraid 'The Nothing' will destroy Fantasia.
38. You know which decade is the best.
Older stuff below!
You relax by putting on your legwarmers and dancing to the "Footloose" soundtrack.
You're still bitter that Wham! broke up.
Punky Brewster is your hero.
The only video games you play are Frogger and Pac Man.
You're building your own Clockwork Smurf.
You consider yourself truly, truly, truly outrageous, much like Jem and the Holograms.
You wonder why more people don't wear high heels, Jordache jeans, and lacy ankle socks.
You call all motorcycle cops "Ponch".
Every time you go to the beach you look for Snorks.
You're still upset Madonna and Sean broke up.
You enjoy dancing on the ceiling and wearing your sunglasses at night.
You still think of Janet Jackson as "that girl who used to date
You can sing the theme song to Small Wonder.
Every time you see a fountain you want to dance around it and yell
You still have a shoebox full of Garbage Pail Kid cards.
You know it's not "comma, comma, comma" it's Karma, Karma, Karma.
You can't sleep for wondering what Bastian's mother's name was in "The Neverending Story".
You still practice your Care Bear Stare.
You know that girlss just wanna have fuh-un.
You can name all The Wuzzles.
You can do the Safety Dance.
You know whose phone number is 867-5309.
You drink Diet Coke because Max Headroom told you to.
You still watch things on Beta tapes.
You want to change your name to Rio and dance on the sand.
You know that "Weird Science" was a movie before a tv show.
Your favorite proverb is "some like it hot and some sweat when the heat is on."
Your favorite party game is either Hungry Hungry Hippos or Ants in
You saw the New Kids on the Block when they were Tiffany's opening act.
You practice getting in and out of your car through the windows.
You have the tendency to turn up the collar of your polo shirts.
You keep asking your teachers if instead of the quiz you can take the physical challenge.
You still drink New Coke.
You never go out for a night on the town without frosted blue eyeshadow and feathered bangs.
You can name all of the Thundercats.
You regulary cry 'By the power of Grayskull!!'.
Everything in your wardrobe is either pastel or fluorescent.
Sometimes you just want to "Shout, shout, let it all out!
You use your Speak and Spell to phone home.
Sometimes out of the blue you just got to "Shake your love."
When you're stuck in traffic you tell your car to engage Turbo Boost
and are surprised when it doesn't talk back.
You know that Mr. Steele functions best in an advisory capacity.
People are constantly gagging you with spoons.
You remember Ricky Schroeder and Jason Bateman from Silver Spoons and
think that Freddie Lippencottleman should never have been picked on so darn much.
Your idea of appreciating ancient cultures is listening to "Walk Like an Egyptian".
You still use your hair crimper before going out on a hot date.
You hatch plots to break Murdock out of VA hospital.
You have "We Are the World" on 45.
You're still sending death threats to Mr. Rubik.
You can feel St. Elmo's fire burnin' in you.
You watch NYPD Blue thinking, "Well, they're no Crockett and Tubbs, that's for sure".
You own and still wear a pair of deely-boppers.
You body-pop or breakdance to every song you hear.
You still cry at E.T.
You still wear velvet suits and frilly shirts.
Your watch alarm still plays the 'Star Wars' theme music.
You still make up your face in the style of Adam Ant.
You know all the words to "I'm just a bill, sitting up on Capitol Hill" and "School House Rock."
You "Hanker for a hunk of cheese! Yahoo!"
The only satellite channels you subscribe to are VH-1 and MTV
You need a shopping cart to carry your personal stereo with you.
You're always "in the mood for dancing"
Your phone rings and you shout out "It's for
Hear the names 'William Shatner' or 'Heather Locklear' and think "Ah yes, T.J. Hooker!"
Hear "California Girls" by the Beach Boys and think of dancing businessmen on an aeroplane.
Know that the "real" lead singer of Van Halen is David Lee Roth, not Sammy Hagar.
Are still proud that you defeated 'The Warlock of Firetop Mountain'.
Live in an inner city area and want to start a riot.
Your idea of a good warm up for a night out is sticking on the intro to Dire Straits' "Money For Nothing" at the highest possible volume.
You admit to cravings for a Vegemite sandwich.
You remember Alanis Morissette from "You Can't Do That On Television
The feeling in your thumb is only now just returning after holding down the Atari joystick to control the racecar in Enduro Racer.
You'll believe you'll be "Forever Young."
You still own chequered, metallic or flourescent high top Converse.
You can sing all the words to "One Night in Bangkok" by Murray Head, and now you understand that it is about chess.
When you still tightroll your jeans and take the laces out of your white canvas shoes!!!!!
You still can't believe that Milli Vanilli was deceiving you all that time.....
You love that 'Bill & Ted' lingo about as much as that Valley lingo. Like, totally fer sure, dude.
You've ever told small children of the days when there were REAL toys, not all this fake plastic crap.
You think there should be a huge reunion concert for all those stubborn 80's bands that had to go and break up, and all those stubborn solo artists who were in bands that haven't actually broken up. Right after
you can drag Ric Ocasek and Boy George out of the
recording studio; after you can get the Police and Genesis to quit fighting amongst themselves with total resentment towards Sting and Phil for how successful they were after they went solo; after you can get Wham!
and Tears for Fears to not only get back together, but to stop making silly comparisions with each other and come to realize that they're two entirely different bands; and, finally, after you can somehow bring the lead singers of Queen and INXS back from the grave, hoping they won't go on a rampage and cause "Return of Thriller." Then see just how many 80's phanatics show up to see Chicago and the Eurythmics recall all those past times, and John Taylor and Joe McIntire trying to the spotlight from the rest of Duran Duran and NKOTB. That'd be the day....
You actually understood everything mentioned above (unless you watch "Pop-up Video").
You still want to visit all the places mentioned in "Kokomo".
You're still trying to FIND all the places mentioned in "Kokomo".
(As in Bill and Ted): When you had a History project due in 2 days,
you turned to Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure for World History, only to learn that:
a) You think Joan of Arc is Noah's wife.
b) You think Napoleon is a short dead dude.
c) and Caeser is a salad dressing dude.
If someone says, "Who are you gonna call?" the first thing you say is "Ghostbusters."
You own more than one album by either A Flock Of Seagulls, Toto or Mr. Mister.
You wear those shirts/coats that zip (or fasten) in a diagonal way which then flop down to make a triangular shape on your chest.
You remember Sizzilean, Like cola and wax lips.
You still wear a bandana tied around your leg and/or a ponytail off-center on the side of your head.
You still have your Hit Stix and Mr. Microphone.
You recognize recent hits as being based on samples of "Genius of Love", "Every Breath You Take," and "I'm Coming Out."
You had a perm that made you look like you stuck your finger in a light socket.
You remember Val Kilmer from Real Genius, not from Top Gun.
You've engaged in the argument of Madonna vs. Cyndi Lauper.
Every time Breakfast Club is on, you can't help but watch it.
You know who Martha Quinn is.
You spend hours debating who's sexier: Molly Ringwold or Ally Sheedy! Editor's note: Molly! Fer sure!
Celine Dion and Mariah Carey don't hold a candle to Pat Benatar and Whitney Houston.
Listening to Bruce Springsteen's "Glory Days" makes you sad.
You would rather scream like Billy Idol than complain like bands today.
You try to whip it..into shape, shape it up, get it straight, go forward, move ahead, back to detect it it's not to late!!
You still carry your boom box on your shoulder!
You still remember what an 8-track is!
You saw Rick Springfield on General Hospital AND in the record stores.
You remember going to the candy store with lots of change in your pocket!
You still sometimes open the box that has your Strawberry Shortcake dolls and smell them.
You really miss Smurf Berry Crunch cereal
You still have a cat named Azreal.
You still have an "I've been slimed" button
You miss the days of running down the street and yelling YO JOE!
You wish your car horn played "Dixie"
You ask people if they've "got their ears on."
You know what it means to have your ears on.
You look at the new StarWars toys and see some are actualy old ones repainted and on top of that they don't even have all the parts they originally came with
You get verrrrrrry upset when you hear your favorite 45's played in elevators
You get even more upset at all these damn new hip hop artists "sampling" from great 80's hits! Oooh, I hate that!
You would still love to be a Solid Gold dancer.
You think John Travolta would have been a great actor, if he would just have stayed on Welcome Back Kotter.
You think this whole Dick Clark thing is getting old.
You think David Hasselhoff was awesome in Knight Rider but sucks in "Boob Watch."
You remember when Bo and Hope FIRST got married.
You spent days thinking of ways to builder a bigger, better treehouse.
When you saw luging at the Winter Olympics you poured water down your driveway and tried it yourself.
King of the mountain meant coming in from recess soaking wet.
Four square was a game of strategy.
Dodgeball, trench and war were games for boys only.
A piece of folded paper and two hands could tell your fortune.
You could buy a whole bag of candy for a quarter at Ben Franklin's.
You have memories or for the McDonalds McDLT sandwich or you can from heart recite the ingredients and how to make it. (Big Mac, McDLT, QuarterPounder w/some cheese...you know the rest)...
A sleeveless T-shirt and a pair of rolled up jeans and something that was a chain for a motorcycle is considered to make you a bad ass
Constant ducking reflex action every time you pass through a door cause you still remember the days you hair stood taller then you
Spandex is a object of everyday wear and not only for exercise.
You wonder why no one wears Hot pants any more.
You know all the words to Pac Man Fever by Buckner and Garcia.
Outrageous! is the term to describe something neat and cool.
A BMX bike with a banana seat is your choice method of transportation.
You think that Cabbage Patch Kids are your children.
You think that Garbage Pail Kids are your children's worst enemy.
The following is from one of my best friends, T.J.K.
You even dressed to emulate a person you saw in either a Duran Duran, Madonna, Rick Springfield, or Cyndi Lauper video.
You actually know who Rick Springfield is (unless you saw him on Pacific Blue!)
You rode in the back of the station wagon and you faced the cars behind you in the "tail gunner" position.
Schoolhouse Rock played a HUGE part in how you actually learned the English language.
You ever wanted to be gagged with a spoon
You had a poster of Bo, Luke & Daisy Duke.
There was nothing to question about Bert n' Ernie living together.
Knickers and leg warmers were cool.
You ever wanted to learn to play "Stairway to Heaven" on the guitar and choreographed "Dancing Queen" by yourself in your room.
You were afraid of the Sleestaks on Land of the Lost.
The first time you ever kissed someone was at a dance during "Crazy for You" by Madonna.
Note from Phil: My first kiss and dance was to "Heaven" by Bryan Adams.
You ever used the phrase "kiss mah grits" in conversation.
You had ringside seats for Luke and Laura's wedding.
You know who shot J.R.
This rings a bell: "and my name, is Charlie. They work for me."
You ever had a Dorothy Hammill haircut.
You sat with your friends on a Friday night and dialed "867-5309" to see if Jenny would answer.
You owned a pair of Rainbow suspenders just like Mork used to wear.
You remember when your cable TV box had the three rows of numbers and you had to move the selector switch accordingly.
Two Words: Feathered hair
Your jaw would ache by the time you finished those "brick-sized" packages of Bazooka gum.
The phrase "Where's the beef?" still doubles you over with laughter.
And these were submitted to me by an anonymous visitor to my home page. Enjoy!
1. You actually thought "Alf" was an alien
2. You thought a Commodore 64 was the highest technology available
3. You know the meaning of Wax on/Wax Off
4. You wanted to be a Goonie
5. You pondered as a kid, "How Many Licks Does It Take To Get To The Bottom of a Tootsie Roll Pop"
6. You watched the Braves, even when they sucked. I did!
7. You pondered why Smurfette is the only female smurf
8. The Celtics and The Lakers totally ruled dude!!
9. You thought Dirty Dancing was the best movie ever made
10.You wanted to be "The Hulk" for halloween
11.You know what happens when you throw water on "them!"
12.You know what it means to "Never Feed Them After Midnight"
13.You want to be "Where Everybody Knows Your Name"
14. A Different World kicked butt.
15.You had nightmares about Ms. Hannagan, and dreams about Daddy Warbucks
16.You had a crush/or knew someone who had a crush on one of the Corey's (Haim or Feldman)
17. You know who cultavatied the saying, "Well, isn't that SPECIAL?"
18. Ever wonder what "Frasier's" family did all of those years he was at Cheers
19. Mr. Roper was your idol...
20. You thought the Transformers were more than met the eye (and that Go-Bots were a cheap imitation!)
21. You didn't think it strange that Human Turtles and rats knew karate
22. You know what Cowabunga means
23. You dreamed of being on Star Search
24. You remember watching Friday the 13th...in a theater, and it actually freaked you out.
25. You remember the theme to Jaws
26. Smokey and the Bandit ruled, and you know who Frog is
27. You remember Don Johnson when he was "cool"
28. You know who played Magnum P.I.
29. One Phrase, "The Plane, The Plane"
30. You can name at least three members of the Brat Pack
31. You know who Tina Yothers is
And these were submitted by Tara Livingstone. Thanks much Tara for the memories!
1. know that Men at Work was a band before a movie
2. know the name of Rainbow Brite's furry sidekick
3. wonder where Milkshake, 7 Up, and Dr. Pepper gum went to
4. still have a crush on Kari from Remote Control
5. think the Misfits are Jem and the Holograms enemies instead of a real punk band
6. would like, DIE without your triangular curling iron
7. remember when Beavis and Butthead were on Liquid Television
8. still think banana clips were a godsend
9. know your Hungry Hungry Hippos game is still under the couch somewhere...
10. still wear Wet n' Wild makeup
11. are still upset your parents wouldn't take you to Mr. Hoopers funeral
12. "Pity the Fool" that eats Mr. T cereal
13. think of John Bender everytime you eat a turkey pot pie
14. think the Purple Pieman of Porcupine Peak is the most evil man in the world
15. still make sure you "Exercise your choppers while you chew, chew, chew"
16. still dream of the day when you will have C.C. Deville's pink hair
17. remember how you cried when Webster's mom had her miscarrage
18. are no longer afraid your glow in the dark jelly bracelets will give you cancer
19. not only sat all the way through but enjoyed the movie "Breakin"
20. want to have a cool band like the Banana Splits
21. still miss the Popples, the Fraggles, and the Wuzzles
22. grab a stick. throw a blanket over your shoulders, and yell "She-Ra! Princess of power!"
23. know the rest of the words to "You know my name is Simon..."
24. never recieved your Picture Pages marker in the mail
25. remember when PBS had quality programming like 3.2.1. Contact, the Electric Company, and the Bloodhound Gang
Here's a couple from Casey, who is the self-titled "80's child!"
1. If your idea of hi-tech toys is still the heat-sensitive color-changing sticker on Transformers.
2. if you think David Bowie should have won an Oscar for his performance in Labrynth (and for his hair cut).
3. if you fell in love with River and Ethan when you first saw them in Explorers.
4. if you remember Bruce Willis from Moonlighting, not Die Hard.
5. if you know who Booger is and own his "Who Farted?" t-shirt.
6. if you fell in love with Jack Wagner and John Stamos before Melrose and Full House when they had a band on General Hospital.
7. if you knew Alfonso Ribierto from Silver Spoons, not Fresh Prince.
8. if every time you hear someone say, "time after time" you immediately get the song stuck in your head and get a flashback of the video.
And here's some from KETRSTAR!
1. If you still have the black red and white Nike hightops. Editor's Note: My mom bought me the black, red and white City Wings, an obvious knockoff of the first Air Jordans.
2. You can't bear to part with your Le Sport Sac purse.
3. You still have/wear fluorescent sweatshirts...
4. Or shaker sweaters...
5. Or the pants with the flaps in the front, like MC Hammer...
6. Or the cropped sweatshirts hangin off the shoulder with a tank top underneath...
7. Or two-toned jeans...
8. Or Jordache and Sergio Valente brand...
9. If you miss American Bandstand
10. You wanted to be Molly Ringwald
11. You were going to marry Matt Dillon, Rex Smith, or Leif Garrett
12. If you still have your "Shawn Cassidy" poster
Here's more from Laurie Cory, who says that, "My first dance and kiss was to Bryan Adams "Heaven" also!" What a coinkedinke! Thanks for sharing your 80's memories!
1. You can remember the "Square Peg" song.
2. You can name all the members of Duran Duran & their favorite colors.
3. You still have your bedroom walls plastered with Duran Duran posters.
4. You still wear your "Members Only" jacket.
5. You remember the surprise ending of Sleep Away Camp.
6. You still have a couple of those barettes made of woven ribbons.
7. You can name everyone on The Facts of Life.
8. You spent most of your allowance on tapes.
9. You remember the magazines of song lyrics.
10. You wished you could go to Fantasy Island.
11. You had at least 5 buttons on your jacket.
12. You remember the name of the lead singer of the Fixx.
13. When you hear a song from the 80's you picture the video in your head.
14. You can remember the first video you ever saw & it was probably Duran Duran's Rio.
15. You got up early Saturday mornings so you'd know the word of the day. & "Don't forget to scream REAL loud when you hear it!"
Okay, and these are from Ginny Nagel. Thank you Ginny!
1- Rainbow Brite was your hero.
2- Murky Dismal was your enemy.
3- You wanted to either be or marry "Alex P. Keaton."
4- Everything you think you see becomes a tootsie roll to you.
5- Four words: "I'll get you Gadget."
6- You had snap bracelets.
7- You know that "it takes diff'rent srokes to rule the world."
8- You were jealous of the cool passage ways Webster had.
9- Pop-a-dop-a-lus is still the coolest last name you've ever heard.
10- You wanted a Mr. Belveder of your very own.
11- You know that Voltron were the original Power Rangers. (Voltron was better)
12- You were and are a Toys'R'Us kid
13- You thought it was okay to run away every week, 'cause Punky did it.
14- You were upset when Mrs. Garret left Diff'rent Strokes until she showed up on Facts of Life.
15- You still feel that Grover and Cookie are better then Elmo and Zoe.
16- You wanted to have a Fix-It Shop in your neighborhood.
17- You remember Christopher Lloyd from Taxi and Back to the Future not from Camp Nowhere.
18- You remember when Jonny Carson was the Tonight Show host.
19- You remember when Pee-Wee wasn't a pervert.
20- Mr. Rogers still freaks you out.
21- You checked garbage cans for Oscar the Grouch.
22- You're waiting for Freddy and Jason to finally have it out.
23- You know who "Large Marge" is.
24- You wish your family was as cool as the Seavers.
25- You remember Leonado DiCaprio from Growing Pains not Titanic.
26- You wore two different shoes, just to be like Punky.
27- You had a Jem and the Holograms lunch box.
28- You had had five pairs of socks on at any given time.
29- You wore L.A. Gear tennis shoes.
30- You wondered when Angela and Tony would get together.
31- You wanted the train from Silver Spoons.
32- You know him as Rickie Schroeder not "RICK"
33- You couldn't decide who was a bigger dork: Boner from Growing Pains or Skippy from Family Ties.
34- You learned about love from listening to Hair Bands.
35- You still think Donkey Kong can beat Mario up.
36- You think that Duck Hunt was "rad."
Here's another set, from another anonymous visitor! Thanks...
1. if you ever wore Underoos
2. if you has a birthday party at Show Biz Pizza or Chuck E Cheese
3. wonder twins power activate..form of an eagle, shape of a glacier!
4. if you still have your scratch-n-sniff sticker collection
5, if you remember Strawberry Honeycombs, and have the collectible license plates
6. if you remember giving or recieving a lifesaver book from someone in school for Christmas
7. if you remember when you heard that drinking soda and eating Pop Rocks would make your stomach explode
8. if you ever owned the tan and brown Fisher Price Record Player
9. if you remember when Mr Snuffelupagus was only seen by Big Bird
10. if you ever used (and failed) Lee Press-On Nails
11. if you own a Wacky Wallwalker
12. if you wear jelly shoes
13. if you have Moonboots and the mittens or gloves that change color in warm and cold air
14. if you mousercise
15. if you drink Strawberry Quik
16. if you still make the best forts
Here are some more. These are from Jason Casteel.
1.) When you saw the scene in the Val Kilmer version of "The Saint" where he's dressed in black and wearing goggles, you immediately thought "SNAKE-EYES"
2.) If you're still wondering why girls don't still wear stirrups.
3.) If you still wear an (Original or Generic) Coca-Cola Rugby Shirt, or Sunglasses.
4.) If you can "See Better" with sunglasses that have paint splattered all over the lenses.
5.) If you remember a time when a girl wouldn't be caught dead wearing shoes in her aerobics class.
6.) You still play with that CASIO SK-1 Keyboard
7. ) You had a G.E. "Slimline" Cassette Recorder to store programs on for your Timex / Sinclair 1000.
8.) You use a Commodore 64 to surf the Net, and remember having Wolfenstiene, Full Color, and A program that would speak clearly what ever you typed into it, 8 years before the IBM users.
9.) You remember when the girls in the TARGET ad's were actually cute. (Remember that girl with the long brown hair, that didn't show up after '86?)
10.) If you remember "Dancin' to a Big Mac at McDonalds!"
11.) You still watch tapes of Stingray, McGyver, and Airwolf.
12.) You remember "Dreamgirl U.S.A"
13.) You still have a K.I.T.T. Kit Taped to your wall
next to all the GI-Joe Blueprints.
14.) You remember the first time you heard the F-word on normal T.V. because the sensors didn't catch it in the Mini-Series "V" (May 1st. 1983)
15.) You remember an 8 year period of time when there was little or no Racism, Sexism, or anything else of the nature that seemed to pop back up in the '90's, and you could have a rebel flag on your car (or Beltbuckle) without getting shot at?
16. Your principal borrowed your Swiss Army Knife on occasion, and promptly returned it in High School, instead of CONFISCATING it!
The sky grows black and you hear a thunderclap, as Jason approaches...
More great stuff, this time from Amanda Spencer!
1. You know what "The Truffle Shuffle is".
2. You still imagine yourself as Baby at the end of Dirty Dancing.
3. You know what Baby's real name was in Dirty Dancing. (Frances Houseman)
4. You still have your shoe-box filled with New Kids on the Block pins.
5. Bop magazine was way cooler when they had pin-ups of Corey Haim and Corey Feldman.
6. You're still hoping for a New Kids on the Block reunion tour.
7. You still say your favorite actress is Mindy Cohn.
8. You remember the "Three Men and a Baby" conspiracy. (when you could see the kid in the background that supposedly jumped off the building when it was really a cardboard stand-up of Ted Danson)
9. You still argue over who was better: Tiffany or Debbie Gibson.
10. Every time you hear the "OH YEAH..." song you think of "The Secret of My Success"
If you have any more, please e-mail them to me, and I will be more than happy to add them to my list!