Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

The Return of Dee Dee

By DeeDee57 & T'Reana

DeeDee sat on the plane flying back to L.A., a place that she should have never left. She was now wishing that she had never married Alex, it had been a big mistake. She regretted marrying him and she was more than happy to be going back to L.A. She looked down at her sleeping daughter in her arms. She loved Emily, so much.
She had DeeDee's hair, smile and eyes. The rest of her facial features belonged to her father, and she moved like her father in some ways too. DeeDee could never bring herself to tell the guy in L.A. that he was the father. She thought it would hurt him to much. She held Emily close to her as the memories of the 2 & 1/2 years came over her.
She didn't know what to do after Alex kicked her out, out after he found she was pregnant and the baby was not his. She did not to put it up for adoption or have abortion because she didn't believe in them.
She held Emily close to her hoping that she was doing right thing.

===============================================================

Hunter sat looking at the empty chair, across from his desk, he missed DeeDee. He missed her like crazy. He was worried about her. It had been awhile since he had
heard from her. The last time they talked, DeeDee didn't seem herself, she was distant, like something was wrong, this was not like DeeDee. Hunter missed her terribly.
He missed her laugh, smile, working with her, she was the best partner he had by far, she knew what she was doing. It was hard to believe that she had only been gone for 2 & 1/2 years, it seemed longer than that.
Ten years earlier:
DeeDee was only 23 when Steven had died. He was shot and killed. DeeDee wanted to find who did this to her husband. She thought her life would end after this, she loved Steve so much. She didn't if she could go on. Go back to work. How would she live without Steve.
DeeDee could remember the first time she met Sgt. Rick Hunter. It was a Thursday night, she and Steve were in the middle of making of love, and there was a knock at the door. DeeDee told Steve to stay where he was and she get it. DeeDee answered the door, it was Sgt. Rick Hunter. He said, "Hi, I'm Rick Hunter is Steve around?" He came walking out of the bedroom. Steve introduced DeeDee to Rick. Hunter had some important information on a case Steve was working on.
Steve was happy to get it. Steve got called away later that night, he had received a phone from someone who wanted to talk with him and left telling DeeDee he would be back. A few hours later, DeeDee was awakened by someone knocking on her door. She thought it was Steve who forgotten his keys. DeeDee got up and answered the door. It was Rick Hunter.
He asked if he could come in. DeeDee said that he could. He asked if they could sit down. DeeDee didn't like the feeling she had coming over her. She flipped on a light and sat on the couch and Hunter sat beside her. He said, "I hate to you this, I don't know how to tell you. I'm sorry to bring this news you to DeeDee, Steve was shot and killed tonight. I'm sorry, so sorry. Can I call someone for you? Do you need anything? I can you get anything?"
DeeDee said," I don't know. How can this be? Why she was crying real hard by now. My god how can this be? Do you know who did it. I.........." She started to cry harder and shake. She told Hunter she wanted to be alone. Hunter told her to call him if she needed anything. DeeDee felt her world come apart. She lost everything, she had nothing.
DeeDee buried Steve four days later. She tried to put her life back together. A week later DeeDee, got the letter, she was hoping to get. She had been promoted to Detective in the Dept.
DeeDee sat on the plane thinking of the last 2&1/2 years of her life. Why she married Alex. He had in out of her life for the last seven years and she thought he loved her and she loved him.
Things changed after they got married. Alex was to difficult to live with, and be around. When he drank, he got mean and would hit her. He was a picky housekeeper, very picky. He had to have things a certain way and dinner on the table he got home at night. DeeDee couldn't have friends, she couldn't work. She was happy to be getting away from Alex, his beatings, name calling.
DeeDee had with her now, the person she loved so much and that was Emily. DeeDee thought of her and Alex's wedding day. It was the last she saw Hunter, she missed so much. She had a lot to deal with she got back to L.A.
She have to find a place to live, get money out of her retirement account, that she didn't close at the police department, but she would only have to get money if she needed it She was saving the money for when she got older. Charlie told she could do it that if she wanted too. She also had to find a job. She didn't know if wanted to go back to being a cop or going to school and becoming a teacher.
The one thing she was not looking forward to was telling the guy in L.A. that he was Emily’s father. DeeDee felt he had a right to know, and Emily needed her father in her life.
Alex and DeeDee were married June 3rd 1990 and two weeks later she left for London with Alex. In two weeks, she had to sell her house, sell her stuff, and the rest she had to pack up and send off to London. She couldn't believe how much her live have changed in those two weeks.
It was not very long after that, that she found out that there was more to Alex that she didn't know about. He told her how to clean the house, what he wanted done, what she could and could not do. She could not have job. Could not go out without him. There would be NO KIDS!!!!! DeeDee thought what in the world I have got myself into.

 

Part 2

Was this the Alex she knew and fell in love with? Maybe with time he would change and come around and even want kids. Their wedding was small and simple but nice. It made DeeDee happy to at the time to be marrying someone that had she fallen in love with. It was something she never thought would happen after Steve died.
DeeDee was standing the kitchen counting the days on the calendar. She was late, six weeks. She thought how could this be. No way. She counted the days again, she was two months pregnant. She didn't know what to do. The baby didn't belong to Alex. How long could she hide it? How could she deal with Alex? DeeDee knew she had to do something and do it fast. She thought Alex would not want her now, with her carrying another man's child. DeeDee didn't know what to do. She knew who the father was. She thought maybe the sooner she told Alex the better. Then she could start working things out for herself and the baby she carrying.
Hunter was worried about DeeDee. He wanted to know if she was ok. If she was happy. He felt he had lost the one and only friend he had. They had been through alot together, during their 6 years of working together. They had many laughs, cries, scares and memories between them to last a life time.
Hunter was not so sure if he wanted a partner after DeeDee left. He had been through so many since she left. There was no one like DeeDee at all. She worked her butt off and she knew what she was doing and cared about her work. Hunter was real worried about DeeDee, he knew the last they talked, there was something eating at her, something had her upset. Hunter told DeeDee that he would come and see her, but she said not was a not a good time. Hunter was really worried about her.

===============================================================

Hunter was a 28 year old Homicide cop and the best partner he could wish for Steve McCall. He was a bright young kid. He knew what he was doing, he was easy to work with and not afraid to work either. DeeDee and Steve were married for three years and they were happy. DeeDee was trying her hardest to get in the to Homicide Dept. It was something she always wanted to do.
After the death of Steve. Hunter was not so sure if wanted another partner, If did get another partner, it had to be a good one. He wanted someone who knew what they where doing, had brains. Charlie thought about who he should team Hunter up with and the newest member of the Homicide department came to mind. Charlie could set him up to work with DeeDee McCall. The widow of Steven McCall
He called Hunter into office. He told Hunter to take a seat. He explained to Hunter who
he wanted to set Hunter up with. Charlie told Hunter who DeeDee was, about her training record, and she was the best in the class and she had brains too. Hunter told Charlie he would give it some thought. He really didn't feel right about working with Steve's widow.
Hunter also wanted to know before he made his decision how DeeDee McCall felt about it too.
Hunter wanted to know if she would be ok, working with Steve's old partner. A few days Charlie called DeeDee to talk with her and run his idea by her. He wanted to know how DeeDee felt about working with Hunter. Charlie, told DeeDee about his work and experience and stuff like that. He thought Hunter could teach DeeDee alot and they would make a great team and be good for another.
DeeDee had alot to think about and sort through. She was still dealing the loss of Steve, being accepted into the Homicide Dept division. Now she had to decide if she wanted to work with Hunter. He was a good cop. Steve talked about him all the time. He was easy to work with, he knew what he was doing. He also was one the best cops out there.
DeeDee told Charlie she would give it some thought. Steve had a very large funeral. A lot of people showed up to show there respect for Steve and give their regards to DeeDee. They felt sorry for her. She was young to lose a husband. Friends and other people told her that she could call if them if she needed anything. DeeDee was numb from the death of Steve. She could barely remember the day he was buried or the last time she ate. She didn't even know that when she left Charlie’s house she left Steve's flag there. When she left that night, she was too upset to think about anything.

===============================================================

Hunter sat his desk finishing up some paper work he had to get done and really missing DeeDee like crazy. He was really thinking about going to see her anyway even though she told him not too. He wanted to make sure everything was ok, if she was ok, and if things were going good for her. When they talked last, something didn't seem right. It really had him worried. There was something in her voice. There was something wrong.
He knew Alex and her where having some troubles. Things where not working out for them. DeeDee wouldn't tell him much. She said that she was ok. She had to deal with this on her own. Hunter was scared for her. Hunter finished up his paper work and went home thinking of DeeDee.
=============================================================== DeeDee had to tell Alex what was going on. She was afraid in how we would he react. She was expecting the worse from him. She was pregnant with another man's child and she wouldn't give it up for anything. This baby meant everything to her even if meant losing Alex. The baby was more important to her.
Besides things for her and Alex where not working any way. He had laid down the law with her it was his way or no way. DeeDee didn't like it one bit. She didn't like the idea of him bossing her around, telling her what to do, that she could not have friends or a job. She had to do as Alex said. The house had to be clean and dinner on the table. DeeDee often wonder after she married Alex, what had she got herself into. This was not the Alex she knew at all, loved or cared for. She was wishing she hadn't rushed into marrying him so quickly.
Alex came home late that night. DeeDee waited up for him to tell him her news. She had to tell him now and get it out in the open. DeeDee knew where Alex was. There was no question about it, he was out with another woman. DeeDee didn't dare say anything to him about it.
DeeDee said, "Alex I need to talk to you. It can't wait. It is important." Alex said," Well what is it?" DeeDee said, "I will, you to try to remain calm. Please don't get mad. I don't know how to tell you this or say it. Alex, I pregnant and the baby is not yours."
"You bitch. What are telling me, you have been cheating on me? With other men?" Alex yelled. In her face. He slapped DeeDee across the face. DeeDee screamed, "Please Alex Stop."
Alex didn't stop and DeeDee was crying. DeeDee yelled as she was crying, "let me explain please. I'm not cheating on you. It happened before we got married. I'm almost two months along. Alex I didn't even know until today."
Alex said, "Does the father you know? Or do you even know who the father is, you slut."
DeeDee said crying "No the father does not know and yes I know who the father is. I'm keeping the baby."
Alex slapped DeeDee again and called her a slut. He said, "I want you out. I want a divorce. Your bitch. How could you do this? Why I hate you. I hope this is what you want. I want a divorce."
DeeDee sat in the counter of the dining room crying. Alex did not love her. He never did. Or least it sure felt that way to her. Here she was pregnant and she had nowhere to go. She had to get job or do something. She didn't know what she wanted to do. She had to think of something fast.
She wasn't so sure if she wanted to back to L.A. or not. There was so much face there and the father of the baby, she was crying harder now. DeeDee wasn't so sure if she could face the father of the baby.
DeeDee got up walked to the bedroom. Alex was gone, he was probably with one of his many women that he was stringing along. She didn't really care either. DeeDee got her suitcase and packed her clothes and some boxes to the pack of the rest of her stuff. Alex would get his divorce, DeeDee was happy to give it to him. She didn't want anything of his. She gathered the rest of her stuff to put in boxes. She had $9,000 of her money Alex didn't know about. That would get her a hotel room and keep her alive until she found a job, and a small apartment. She was out of the house the next day.
In a few weeks DeeDee found herself a small apartment and a job. DeeDee called Alex to let him where she was. She knew that Alex would want his divorce soon as he could get it. It only two weeks for to find a job. She got a job working full time at an ad agency and it paid well. She was making 14.50 pounds an hour. She had full insurance benefits after three months. She found herself an one bedroom apartment that was close to work which was spacious and the bedroom was large.
It was two months before DeeDee had everything she needed for the apartment, and then she started working on what she would need for the baby. Everything in her life now was going well, her job was going great and the pregnancy was going real well. Two months later after DeeDee moved out, the divorce became final. She was out of Alex's life and didn't want anything to do with him.
After a about six months of living in London, DeeDee decided that she would call Rick to let him, what was going on and that she was ok, and that she and Alex were no longer together. She also would tell Rick that she was planing to stay in London for a while, and that she liked here. DeeDee didn't tell anyone about the baby or who the father was.
DeeDee really didn't know how to tell him , or if she did tell him, would he get upset and she was not ready to tell him yet either.

DeeDee sat down one night and wrote Rick a letter.
"Dear Rick, How are you? I sure do miss you. There is alot going on here. I don't even know where to begin. Rick I made mistake, It was stupid and dumb. It was wrong for me to marry Alex. We are no longer together and we got a divorce, after only two months of being married. He was hard to live with. He treated me like shit, when I first got here. He told I couldn't have friends or a job and he didn't want kids either. Everything had to be his way. Something came up and he told me to get out. So I left. I don't know what I was thinking. I should have nevered rushed into marrying him. I thought he was the Alex I knew and fell in love with. It turned out I really didn't know him at all. I really don't know what I want to do yet. Right now I'm in apartment and have job. I'm thinking I might stay for a while. I need to think and sort things out. I'm doing ok. I miss you Rick. I miss your big bear hugs. I thinking of you.
All my love DeeDee."

She mailed the letter. She had to let Rick know she was ok. She have gave him her phone number and address.

 

Part 3

Hunter went home that night from work and called DeeDee, he got a message saying the line was no longer in use or in service. Hunter wondered what was up and what was going on? Was she ok? Hunter couldn't stop thinking about DeeDee.
DeeDee looked at her watch. She would be in L.A. in 10 hours. She was happy to be going home. Even though she and Alex were divorced, being married to him had been terrible.
He started to make trouble for her, when they were no longer together. He started things at work and made things real tough for her in London, so in a way she really had no choice but to go back to L.A.
But she was happy to be going back, it was time. She sold almost everything back in London and some stuff shipped overseas. She had more than enough money saved to last her for a while and hopefully she would find a house in L.A. and make it a home. She had some houseware stuff, pictures and knick knacks and other stuff she couldn't part with shipped over. She had shipped it to a friend in L.A. she could trust and wouldn't let anyone know she was coming.
DeeDee had enough to deal with when she got to L.A. She asked her friend to line up some houses and apartments for her, so that she could look at them when she got to town. The shorter time she and Emily had to spend in a hotel the better.
Even something small would be good for now. She was away from Alex and it was worth it and that was a part of life she wanted to forget. The one of the last times she saw Alex, she gave his ring back to him. She didn't want it or anything to do with him at all.

===============================================================

It was the day after Steve had been buried, DeeDee was sitting her couch thinking of Steve, she missed so much. Why did he leave her? Why did he have to have to get shot and killed? Why did he have to leave that night? That was the last night she saw him. The last night she made love to him. The last time she would ever feel is arms around her. She felt she had lost everything, and her world had ended. She didn't know if she wanted to keep Steve's stuff out or pack it. She had too much to deal with.
She heard a knock at her door. She was wondering who it could be. She didn't want any company she looked and felt like shit. She said, "Who is it?" The voice from the other side of the door said, "It’s Rick Hunter." DeeDee opened the door and Rick was holding some of Steve's stuff, and he had Steve’s police uniform in plastic sack. He said, "Can I come in?" DeeDee said, "Sure come in." Hunter could just telling by looking at DeeDee's eye's she was not doing well at all.
Hunter said, "Are you alright? Can I get you something? Do you need anything?" DeeDee said to Hunter through her tears, she couldn’t seem to stop crying "I don't know. I miss Steve so much. I don't know what I need. I just........." She was crying harder now.
Hunter said, "Why don't you sit down. I know this may not be the time, but I brought some things of Steve's to you. You forgot his flag at Charlie’s house yesterday. There a few things from his desk and his badge. He was a good cop. I miss him too. I know he loved you very much. He talked about you all time. He also cared for you very much. I know I will miss him too. He was a hell of cop, and one of the best. I know you don't know me very well DeeDee, but I'm here for you if you need anything ok. If you need anything at all call me. Or if you need to talk."
DeeDee was still crying really hard. Hunter brought her a glass of water. He told DeeDee that he was leaving and to call if she needed anything.
DeeDee said, "Rick wait minute. Do you have leave now? Do you have to go? I would like to talk to for a minute if you have the time?"
Hunter said, "Ya I got the time." DeeDee took of drink of her water and said "I want to know, what you think about us working together? I have heard alot about you. I knew Steve really liked working with you. You knew what you were doing. He said you were one of the best. He talked about you all the time and had nothing but good things to say about you. I would really like to work with you Rick. I think it would be a honour to work with you. I think you could teach me alot. I could learn from you. I want to try this and see how it goes. What do you think?"
Hunter said, "DeeDee I would really like to try working with you. I have seen your file. I liked what I saw. It would be a honour to work with you. I know Steve said that when you were good at your work. You also love what you do. I say we give it a go and see what happens. Charlie thinks we will work well together."
DeeDee said through her tears, "Good we tell Charlie when I come back to work. I might be back in a few days." DeeDee didn't know what it was, but she felt she could be open with Hunter and to talk him.
She was crying harder now, she said through her tears, "I miss Steve. I don't know what to do. Why did this happen? I feel numb. I feel like my whole world has come to an end. I feel so alone and empty. My whole world has been turned upside down. I don't know what to do with his stuff and I have no one to talk too. No has seemed to bother to call me or check on me. I need someone to talk with. I don't know if I can handle this alone. I miss Steve so much it hurts."
Hunter put his arms around DeeDee and could feel her body shake, she just sank into his chest and cried. DeeDee had someone who would listen to her and wasn't afraid to reach out and help her and hold her. It felt good to have someone there who cared. She had a strong feeling that working with Hunter would be good for the both of them. It might also become a good friendship and partnership.
Three days later DeeDee went to Charlie and told him that she would like to try working with Hunter. She wanted to give it a try. To her it felt good to be working with him. She knew at times Hunter could be hard nose and not so easy to get long with, but she was willing to give all she had.

===============================================================

Hunter couldn't DeeDee out of his mind. He missed her so much. He really didn't want to let her go. He had lost the best partner he ever had. They worked well together. He wanted to know if DeeDee was ok. What was going on with her? What happened with her and Alex. Hunter had a picture of DeeDee he had held it close to him as tears came to his eyes. He really missed her.
DeeDee put Emily in her seat next to her. She was getting kind of heavy to hold. DeeDee knew she was doing the right thing going back to L.A. DeeDee picked up her purse and took her wallet, she had pictures of Emily, friends and family. Looking through her pictures she came across some pictures while she was on the force and one of Hunter. Looking through them, DeeDee thought ‘what had she been thinking, when she left all this behind.’ She was also thinking of how nice it would to see Hunter again. She really missed him. It had been too long. She put the pictures back and closed her eyes for a while.
It would be another 8 hours before the plane landed. How was DeeDee going to face the father of her baby. How was she going to tell him. She didn't want things between them to go bad. She didn't know if she could tell him. How would he react? It was the last thing she needed to have trouble with father of her child.
She loved Emily very much and was hoping that things would work out with her and her dad and he that he would understand. He had to know. He had every right to know. It was not right not to tell him. She had to find the right way to tell him.
Hunter sat there holding the picture of DeeDee, looking at it. He wanted so much to go see her. He had a feeling that she was holding something back from him. Why didn't she want to open up to him, and talk to him? He would listen and would try to help if he could and he would always be there for her, no matter what. He couldn't call her, because her phone was longer in service. What was going on with her? Was she moving and didn't tell him? Was she having money troubles. He missed her so much, he looke at the picture as the tears came.

===============================================================

Charlie was happy to see that DeeDee made up her mind to work with Hunter. It was what he wanted to see happen. Their first case together was something else. After DeeDee heard about the case they were working on, she called in sick. Hunter wanted to know what was going with her. Hunter heard it had something to do with DeeDee's ex-partner. She wanted to handle the case herself. He was a good cop gone bad. DeeDee took it hard after he left the force and wanted to do everything she could to help him. Hunter knew, she had a lot to learn and was headstrong, and might get herself into something she couldn't handle on her own.

 

Part 4

DeeDee did get Hunter’s help and they got their guy. DeeDee was catching on fast with learning the tricks of the trade. Hunter could tell that he was going to enjoy working with DeeDee. He could see a lot of Steve saw in her, and plus DeeDee herself. She wanted to learn, this was what she wanted, she wanted it all and she gave it all she had. DeeDee knew what she was doing and had the brains. Having her and Hunter together was one of the best things that ever happened to the department.
DeeDee had no trouble going undercover, to get information they needed, or if took getting the guy they where after. Even though Hunter could be hard nose and not so easy to get along with, DeeDee saw a different side to Hunter. She saw his soft, caring, side of him that was more open. He was there for her, when she needed him or needed a friend.
Hunter and DeeDee came fast friends. She felt she could come to Hunter with anything and also felt she could to talk to him about anything. Working with DeeDee, Hunter learned about himself and so did DeeDee. They also had to put up with people giving them trouble. Some people thought there was something going on the between the two of them. It was hard to deal with at first, but they got used to it and dealt with it. They would talk about things that bugged them, things they like to do , and stuff they had been through, they good for each other.
Hunter and DeeDee where always learning things about each other. There was time that Hunter and DeeDee had to protect a cocaine dealer from being extradited to New York and she escaped. They had to get this woman and she was there only they had to this guy Vic Terranova. Hunter learned that his partner could sing. He did not know this about her. She had a great voice too. As DeeDee got closer to Vic, Hunter did get somewhat closer to finding the Snow Queen. In the end they got their guys.
Hunter and DeeDee had a lot of memories between them. Charlie was happy to see that Hunter and DeeDee were getting along and he was impressed with their work and the way the they both worked together, that in itself was amazing.

===============================================================

Hunter put down the picture of DeeDee and headed for bed, still thinking of her. DeeDee sat on the plane think of all times she and Hunter had together. There so many of them. They worked together for so long. They shared so much. In a way DeeDee wanted to go back to the force in a way she didn't. She really didn't know what she wanted to do. She looked over at Emily and she was still sleeping. Emily had lots of DeeDee in her and her father as well. DeeDee still had feelings for her father.

===============================================================

DeeDee knew him, and he knew her well. As time went by and Hunter and DeeDee worked together, they learned from each other, and alot about one another. It was one of the best things to happen to either of them, to be working together.
Hunter and DeeDee had some trying cases during there 8 years of working together. Some of the cases made them wonder even wonder why they become cops. Or even if they still wanted to be cops. With sickos, and everyone else out there.
One case DeeDee and Hunter were working on really hit home with Hunter. It was the time DeeDee got raped. They were called to the Curuguayian Consulate to investigate a murder/rape, of one of the members in housekeeping. While interviewing people and asking them questions one of the guys tired to hit on DeeDee, Raul Mariano. He wanted to take DeeDee to dinner. She said no and turned him down. Unfortunately Raul found out where she lived and showed up with flowers. DeeDee invited him in for a minute. When he went to make a move on her, DeeDee told him to back off and that he had the wrong idea and she told him to leave. As she was going for the door, he hit her to the ground. As DeeDee was trying to get up off the floor, she threw a lamp at him.
Raul came after DeeDee, grabbed her, threw her against the wall, beat her up, then he threw her on her bed and raped her. After Raul had left, DeeDee called Hunter. She said, "Hunter help me please, help me." Hunter said "DeeDee are you alright? DeeDee talk to me. DeeDee." Hunter rushed over to DeeDee's and found her lying on her bedroom floor. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. DeeDee thought she would never get over this. How could she let his happen to her? Why didn't she see it coming? Why her? With time and Hunter’s help, DeeDee got better.
Hunter went to San Pablo to get revenge on Raul, first for raping DeeDee and second for shooting him. At first Hunter couldn't shoot Raul, and he gave him a chance to defend himself, but when he was going to shot Hunter in the back, Hunter killed him.

===============================================================

DeeDee looked at her watch it was 2:00 in the afternoon the plane would be landing in Chicago in an hour for an 4 hour lay over. Which DeeDee didn't mind to much. It gave her time to think, what she wanted to do when she got to L.A.. There was a big part of her in L.A. and she missed it to. She really missed the force. She really wanted to back in a lot of ways. It was good for her to be going back.
Hunter was in Chicago too. He was there to pick up prisoner and take them back to L.A. He was wanted back in L.A. for string of robbery and rape cases. Hunter sat at the jail thinking of DeeDee and missing her like crazy. DeeDee sat in the airport thinking of Hunter and some the cases they worked on together and the memories they shared.
=============================================================== Charlie was happy to see things going well between Hunter and DeeDee. They did great work together. They also got along great too. It made Charlie happy to see this. They were two of his best cops. He loved them very much.

 

Part 5

One case that Hunter and DeeDee worked on was that someone was going around blowing things up. The first thing they had bombed was grave with an angel on top of it. Hunter thought it was message to him, from a creep he busted years ago and was back. Hunter was almost sure it was the same guy. Hunter was determined to get him and found out that it was Otto Minsky, the guy he knew. They had to get him. They couldn't have this going around and blowing things up. Hunter got his guy. They had him behind bars and Hunter was happy to get him off the streets.

===============================================================

Hunter was sitting at the jail waiting for his prisoner so he could take to the airport. God how he missed DeeDee. He was worried about her. He was thinking of going to see her. He had to see if she was ok. What was going with her.
Emily, was awake and was running around the airport, she had a burst of energy. As DeeDee sat there watching her baby play. She was thinking about Emily’s father. How was she going to tell him this? He had to know about her, she was too sweet to keep secret, he had a right to know about her. DeeDee didn't know how he would take it, or if he would understand. She had alot to do when she got back to L.A. It felt go to be going back home.

===============================================================

One case that really hurt DeeDee was when Charlie told her that she and Hunter could no longer partners. She wanted to know why? She thought that she and Hunter worked well together. DeeDee didn't know it at the time, but it had been planned. Hunter was teamed with Harry Traynor, who was a good cop gone bad, and it was Hunter's job to bust him, but it was well worth.
It was the night after that case when DeeDee met Alex Turnan. She and Hunter were having dinner together and this guy caught DeeDee's eye and he was looking at DeeDee too. Hunter knew that DeeDee was looking at someone, she had that look in her eyes.
Alex got up and came over to where Hunter and DeeDee were sitting at and introduced himself. DeeDee was pleased to meet him and they became fast friends. DeeDee really like him. They had alot in common and talk about. Hunter left the two of them alone. DeeDee could feel herself falling for this guy. She hadn't felt like this for anyone since Steve died.
Alex left for London a few days later and they both promised to keep in touch with each other.

===============================================================

DeeDee came walking out of the bathroom with Emily, when she thought she saw someone who looked like Hunter from behind. DeeDee was almost sure it was Hunter. It sure looked like him from the back. When the person turned around it was Hunter, but he didn't see her.
He had someone with him. DeeDee knew he was transferring a prisoner, the other guy had cuffs on. DeeDee didn't want to face him now. She wasn't ready to. Not now, not here. DeeDee hoped and prayed that Hunter wouldn't see her. She knew it was going to be hard, with him and her being on the same plane.
DeeDee picked up Emily, her purse and carry on bag and headed for the plane. DeeDee stood in line with others hoping that Hunter wouldn't see her. It was the last thing she needed now. She was not ready to face him, plus they had alot to talk about. Hunter was one of the last people to board the plane, but he was about six seats behind DeeDee on the plane. Standing in line Hunter saw the little girl. Hunter thought to himself of how much she looked like DeeDee in some ways. She eyes and smile and hair just like DeeDee. If Hunter didn't know any better, he thought the little girl could be DeeDee's daughter. Then Hunter thought about if DeeDee had any kids. He knew how much she wanted to have children. He was missing her like crazy. He still had strong feelings toward her, and was wishing now that it was he who had married her.

===============================================================

Onetime DeeDee was working a case and didn't want to believe that suspect they had, done the crime, but he was the only suspect they had. DeeDee had strong feelings that he didn't do it. DeeDee liked this guy, and knew he couldn't be a killer, it couldn't be him. In the DeeDee proved her case and it wasn't him after all. DeeDee turned out to be right. She got upset that one would believe her.
One case DeeDee and Hunter worked on really had her emotions going. Hunter was missing and she didn't know if he was ok. She had to know. Charlie teamed DeeDee up with Kitty O'Hearn. DeeDee didn't want to work with anyone else. Charlie thought she could use the help, and wanted the both of them to work together. Plus Kitty had connections to the people who had Hunter. In the end the they got there and DeeDee found Hunter and she was happy to have him back.
Six months after DeeDee had been raped, there was a visitor in town that came to see Hunter, by the name of Carlos Mariano. It was hard for DeeDee to deal with. It brought back memories of when she had been raped. Carols was there to kill Hunter in revenge for Hunter killing his brother Raul. They had to something about it. This guy wanted Hunter dead. In the end Carlos kidnapped Hunter, and forced Hunter into a shootout Fortunately everything turned to be alright. Hunter was able to get away and shot Carlos and then had him declared persona non gratia and had him shipped home. Carlos got what he had coming to him.

===============================================================

Hunter couldn't get over of the little on the plane and how she looked like DeeDee. Especially the eyes. Hunter only saw those brown eyes once before and that was on DeeDee. Hunter still wanted to go see DeeDee. He knew she was living her own. He really didn't have much to do anyway. He wanted to know what she was up to. He just had to see if she was ok. He needed to talk to her. They never got a chance to talk before they left and they had a lot to talk about.
DeeDee held Emily in her lap, as she read a book to her and stroked her hair. DeeDee tried to fight back the tears she was hiding. Seeing Hunter again hurt, but it was a good kind of hurt. They shared so many memories together. She didn't know it was going to hurt like this when she saw Hunter again. They both had so much they needed to talk about. This was not the time or place to talk being 10,000 feet up in the air. She tried to hide her tears for Emily, so Emily wouldn't see her cry. She was happy, sad, and angry seeing Hunter again.
Here was Hunter sitting in the same plane as her. She was happy but she didn't want to run into him like this. When the plane unboarded in L.A. she had to think of a way so that she wouldn't run into him. It was going to be hard not to. She just had to hope and pray she wouldn't.

===============================================================

Things were going well good for DeeDee and Hunter. They were working out for the best and things between them couldn't be better. DeeDee and Hunter had become good friends over the years. They could to talk each other about anything, and they were good for each other. They were there whenever the other of them needed a friend. In some ways they where more than friends. They had feelings toward each other, but either of them wanted to let the other know, how they where feeling.
It was about three years after Steve died, and the guy who killed him was up for parole. DeeDee wanted to get this guy. She wanted to make sure this creep didn't get out. He had shot and killed her husband, the one man she loved so much. DeeDee had to gain control of herself, she wouldn't go out and kill this guy herself. Rodney Moody had brought a lot of pain into her life, and also made her husband get a bad reputation. DeeDee wanted to clear his name, and to reopen the case he was working when he died. The case was still an unsolved homicide. She knew that Steven had known someone murdered the mother of David and Julie Lawrence, but no one wanted to believe Steve. They didn't think that anyone murdered her and that she had an accident. DeeDee did prove that Mrs. Ducan was murdered and she got Steve's name cleared.
This case brought a lot of memories to DeeDee of her and Steve. She was really missing him. Having him around, he kisses, just being with him. His voice, his smell. DeeDee wanted him back. She wanted to feel his arms around her. DeeDee sat her on sofa crying, thinking of Steve, why did he have to die? Why did he have to leave her.
DeeDee heard a knock at her door and wiped her tears. She got up and answered the door she asked who is it. Hunter said, "It’s me. Can I come in? I thought come by and check on you. To see if you wanted to talk or needed anything." DeeDee and Hunter talked the rest of the night about Steve.

===============================================================

DeeDee looked at Emily in her lap as she had tears streaming down her face. Emily aid, ‘Mommy why are you crying?" DeeDee said, "I’m just happy honey." DeeDee hated lying to Emily, but DeeDee was happy, but she also had alot of other emotions going on also. How do you explain to a two year old about what is going on. DeeDee was feeling so much. She couldn’t risk having Hunter see her now, she wasn’t ready. She had to think, sort things out and get a hold of herself.
Her friend in L.A. would be picking her up the airport to drive her to the hotel. She also had a list of places for DeeDee to check out. DeeDee looked Emily and Emily was looking up at her mom. Emily said, "Mommy I Love You!" DeeDee said, "I Love You too sweetheart! I Love you from the sky and back again. Emily hugged her mommy.
Hunter saw the little girl again. He still couldn't get over how much she looked like DeeDee. Hunter still wanted to go see her. He didn't think that it would happen anytime soon. He had to much work to do. He missed DeeDee so much.
They had worked great together. She was the best partner he ever had. He couldn't find anyone to work with after she left. Some of the people didn't know what they were doing, others didn't care about there work or cases. Some of the people Hunter just didn't get along with. No one would ever replace DeeDee. She worked hard. She knew what she was doing. She cared about her work. She was easy to get along with. She was the best.

 

{ Back to Fanfiction