Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Structural Damage Capacitiy

-The capacity of structural damage in an object.

SDC of PC's: The amount of damage a character can sustain without penalty. This game mechanic works well with the other combat tables, it is used to bring in a minimised amount of heroic damage soaking (balancing off the hit point wound penalties from below) They are given out by PC race to represent the natural ruggedness (or frailty) of that race.

Dwarves: 6
Humans: 5
Half Elves: 4
Halflings: 4
Gnome: 3
Elves: 3

Penalties of Wounds

This was designed to bring realism to the combat scene. It represents the effects of a prolonged battering.

Wounded [1/2 Health] 25% chance of developing a disability [Leg/Arm/Torso] 5% chance of crippling a limb Severely Wounded [1/4 Health] 50% chance of developing a disability [Leg/Arm/Torso] 15% chance of crippling a limb Dying [1/8 Health] 75% chance of developing a disability [Leg/Arm/Torso] 25% chance of crippling a limb |Disability |Bleeding Wounded |1/2 Health|3/4 move,-1 to hit,-1AC|1-2/trn sv vs Death for Clot Severely| | Wounded |1/4 Health|1/2 move,-2 to hit,-2AC|1/2rnds sv vs Death for reduction Dying |1/8 Health|1/4 move,-4 to hit,-4AC|1/rnd sv vs Death for reduction (or 1hp until 6th level)

Disabilities on this Table are cumulative and when using these tables you iliminate the use of "Critical hit tables" as then the damages become too extreme. Saves for reduction are made every round, success indicated that the catagory is bettered by one (another damaging blow will start the bleeding again)

Armour that soaks damage

-Good when using the "Penalties of wounds" table as it help balance the deficit (without it, characters have a very low survivability rating.)

Each Type of Armour has a SDC rating, this is how much damage it can soak before being rendered useless (ie. does not provide AC) Some enchanted armours will have neat features like extended durrability (more SDC) of infinite durrability.

Damage Sustained By Armour vs Weapon Type

Light Armours: [AC 9-7]		Slash:	#-x to armour
-Leather, Cloth, Stud-leather	Pierce: 
				Blugeon:#-x to person

Medium Armours: [AC 6-4]	Slash:	#-x to armour
-Chainmail, Scale, Brigidane	Pierce:  
				Blugeon: 

Heavy Armours: [AC 3-1]		Slash:	#-x to armour
-Platemails, Splint mail 	Pierce: #-x to armour
				Blugeon:2#-x to armour

Legend
#-x =Armour sustains full damage of blow
     Person sustains x damage where x = 1+attackers damage bonus
   =Person sustains  damage of blow rounded down
     Armour sustains  damage of blow rounded up
2#  =Damage is doubled to Armour

SDC of Armours by Type

New Magery

-Characters of the mage class are altered as below, brought on by the realisation that Priests were way better than Mages in the origional rules.

+Mages recieve 1 new spell / level up

+It is the metal in armours which disrupt magical energy as such mages can wear non metal armour but cannot purchass the "Armoured Mage" merit.

+Mages cast spells by force of will and incantation, only the rare or expensive materials need be aquired for use.

+Instead of memorizing specific spells, Mages have a pool of PPE (Potential Psychic Energy) which they can use to cast spells. The Mage will still maintain spell books as they normally would but do not need them to cast or "memorise" their spells (as in they aren't useless without them.) A such, the spells the Mage keeps on record are the ones that he has learned and knows off by heart. The pool of PPE a Mage has is determined by the origional Mage spell memorisation table, altered as follows: Ex: 2 first level spells and 1 second level spell = 3 PPE. It costs as much PPE as the spells level to cast it.