Chapter 40

A tear ran down my face as I walked closer to the ticket guy. I glanced at my ticket as another tear fell onto my ticket I thought about our love- it wasn’t a ticket to Tulsa. It was a ticket out of this life I loved. All I had to do was give him the ticket- I could do it- no, I couldn’t I needed Zac. Then I was about to give the guy my ticket in the deserted dark airport when a voice came from behind.

“People miss planes. It happens all the time. They cancel their plans; they change their minds- listen to your heart. Before you go to far, you can turn around before it’s too late you know. People miss planes.” Zac said standing there.

“Zac!” I said hugging him, “Zac- I have to, I’m sorry.”

“Me too.” He agreed tears falling. I knew he was sorry.

“Boarding Flight 41,” echoed through the empty airport.

“That’s me,” I breathed letting go. A voice inside on me said, “You don’t have to get on, people miss planes.”

“Bye,” He said kissing me on the cheek.

I handed the guy my ticket and walked up the gate.

“When you have no light to guide you- and no one to walk beside you- when the night is dark and stormy, you won’t have to reach out for me. I will come to you…oh I will come to you,” Zac sang which made me turn around.

“You know where to find me,” I managed to smile through streaming tears.

“I’ll just follow the door light,” He nodded.

And that was the last I saw of Zac Hanson for a long time. I knew I had to get back to my family- but I left my family too. I never will take off Taylor’s favorite choker, I’ll never look at toaster the same way again without thinking of Zac. I’ll never hear a Hanson song without crying. I’ll never take off my ring. I’ll never play the drums without Zac’s sticks. And I’ll never turn the light off- there will always be a door light for Zac to follow when he comes for me. So we can talk as a thousand years go by and stare into each other’s eyes and run away into each other’s hearts. Or maybe that wouldn’t be how it worked out- maybe it would be Taylor. Maybe Mike and Chris and Claire would hate me for the rest of my life. But one thing was certain- I loved Zac and because of that- the light WOULD always be on. He would just have to follow the door light.

THE END

Want me to write a sequal? Email me feedback!

Where do you want to go now?

FOLLOW THE DOORLIGHT HOME

Hanfic[NET]