Chapter 26

“Boarding flight 315 New York,” a monotone voice said after we put our luggage on the conveyor belt.

“Shoot- that’s us! Come on kids!” He said motioning towards gate 15C.

We all filed onto the plane. Zac sat next to me, Taylor sat next to Jen, Ike sat next to Carolyn, and Mr. Walker sat with someone else from the Hanson management.

“Gum?” Zac offered handing me a stick of winter-fresh gum.

“Thanks.” I said taking the gum from him.

“I should warn you,” Taylor said to behind us.

“About what?” Carolyn asked behind him.

“There will be a lot of reporters and fans waiting for us when we get off the plane in New York,” Taylor sighed.

“Awesome! I’ll be in the news!” Jen laughed.

“And you DON’T have girlfriends!” Mr. Walker said.

“Yeah, we don’t want people attacking you,” Isaac said to Carolyn.

“And we get to share a hotel room,” Zac whispered to me.

“Cool,” I said smiling as the plane took off. I was definitely going to enjoy this.

“Girls, did the boys tell you about the camcorders?” Mr. Walker asked.

“Ugh! We forgot, sorry dad,” Taylor said.

“What camcorders?” I asked.

“Well, since ‘Tulsa, Tokyo, to the Middle of Nowhere’ was such a big seller we are doing another video,” Mr. Walker explained.

“The Road to…ALBERTANE!” Zac laughed saying Albertane.

The flight was pretty long- but I really didn’t mind. Zac and I got pretty bored so we had a bubble-blowing contest and kept popping them really loudly. But it was driving everyone else in the plane up a wall so Mr. Hanson said we had to stop.

Chapter 27