Chapter 21

***DECEMEBER 24th 1997***

Our little block in Tulsa was lit up so bright you could probably see it from a million miles away. Christmas lights everywhere and cars parked all along our block- driveways were packed, and the street was filled with parked cars. What was the big occasion? The Hanson brothers were finally home for Christmas! And just about everyone they knew BEFORE they were famous was invited to their party in the small house lit up by Christmas lights – it fit perfectly with the rest of the block. Everyone was told to wear nice clothes- so OF COUSE we had to listen.

“Mom! Everyone is over there already! I haven’t seen them in SO LONG! Hurry up!” I yelled. I was all dressed and ready- I had been for the past hour. I just wanted to run next door and see my best friends!

“Ashly Madeline!” My mom said walking down the steps putting an earring in. She used my middle name…she was getting annoyed by me.

“Mom- I agree with Ashly, let’s go,” Brandon said in his nice khakis and he was wearing a white shirt with a hunter green button down open. His blond hair was spiked up.

My mom and dad looked like they were going out to meet the president or something. Me on the other hand, I HAD to look good, I put on my sliver pleather pants and my red long sleeve shirt with Rhine stones on it. My make-up was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT because Carolyn and Lindsay had done my hair and make-up and they blow dried my hair out.

“Ashly, you look like you are going on a date,” My dad said.

“And you look like you are going to meet the president, come on let’s go,” I said putting on my coat ignoring anything they had to say.

“Oh lord, let’s just go!” Brandon said following me out the door.

My parents locked the door behind them as they walked out our front door a few steps behind Brandon and I. The snow crunched under my new shoes. As we got closer to the Hanson’s house we heard Snowed It blaring. Every window in their house was lit up and you could see many people inside. Once my whole family reached the Hanson’s front porch I quickly rang the doorbell.

**********

“Excuse me,” Ike said holding a tray above his head trying to avoid hitting anyone.

“Merry Christmas Baby” was blaring through the house of crowded people. He was trying to make his way up to his room where all the kids were. He really didn’t feel like talking to ANY adults, he just wanted to see his friends. Finally he made his way into the hall with the tray of drinks and food.

“Oh good, you made it back!” Lindsay said taking a cup of punch off of Ike’s tray.

“Zac, I missed you SO much!” Claire said. Claire’s outfit wasn’t as cool as mine.

“Umm…I missed you too,” Zac said.

“Taylor! I’m so glad your back!” Jen said clinging to him.

“Me too!” Taylor smiled.

“So did Ashly say she was coming?” Zac asked looking out the window towards my house.

“TRUST ME, she’s coming!” Carolyn said smiling at the rest of the girls.

“She better come- after all you did mess up my house with enough make-up!” Mike said.

“Yeah, and they even did my hair,” Chris said touching his spiked hair.

Then they heard the faint ring of the doorbell.

“I better get that, since that’s my new ‘job’ as mom says,” Taylor said getting up.

Chapter 22