Chapter 14

We all entered the Hanson house and went into the kitchen where Mrs. Hanson was washing dishes.

“Mom?” Zac asked.

“Yes sweetie?” Mrs. Hanson said turning around.

“Did you say Ashly could stay?” Taylor asked for Zac.

“Yes, but just for a few more minutes, I figured since Zac and Ashly were such good friends they might want to spend another few last minutes together- just to say good-bye,” Mrs. Hanson knowingly replied.

“WHY DOES EVERYONE SAY THAT?!” Ike shouted getting really annoyed.

“PMS…” Taylor said under his breath.

Zac and I heard what Taylor said and started giggling.

“Say what sweetie? Isaac calm down.” Mrs. Hanson said soothingly.

“LAST minutes together, LAST good-byes…we’re not leaving forever! It’s just for a few months!” Ike said his voice got smaller as he spoke each word with tears streaming quietly down his face.

“Oh sweetie…” Mrs. Hanson said taking her oldest son into her arms.

“We better go,” I said dragging Zac and Taylor from the kitchen.

“I’ve never seen him cry before.” Taylor said with wide eyes.

“Ashly, braid my hair before you go.” Zac said changing the subject. He hated when people pointed out bad qualities in his brothers- they were his best friends!

“Sure!” I said. Taylor and Zac led my up to their room. Their room was empty- only their beds, empty selves, empty drawers and luggage were all that remained.

“It LOOKS like your moving,” I commented.

“I know.” Taylor breathed deeply. Zac pulled out a box full of tiny rubber bands, and sat on the bed.

“This won’t take long will it?” Taylor asked looking at the Zac.

“No, it takes her like 15 minutes- she’s fast.” Zac smiled at me. I sat on the bed and combed his hair out.

“Good lord, your hair is knotty!” Taylor remarked.

“Wow…aren’t you a genius!” I laughed.

“Oh both of you shut up! I’ve been playing all day!” Zac said defending himself.

“Well, my hair isn’t knotty,” Taylor, said touching his hair that was pulled back into a low ponytail.

“Guys, please…spare me- don’t fight,” I sighed. Within 10 minutes I had more than half of Zac’s head into little braids.

“You could make a word record as like the fastest braider or something!” Taylor said sarcastically.

“It’s so easy- that’s why I’m so fast,” I said proudly.

“You know, Ike is kind of right…” Zac finally said.

“About what?” Taylor thought aloud.

“Everyone is talking like we are dieing or something,” Zac said.

“Yeah, it is kind of awkward,” Taylor commented.

“All I know is that I’ll miss you like anything!” I said swallowing the knot in my throat.

“Trust me when I say we’ll miss you a lot too,” Taylor said glancing at Zac.

Zac’s face looked like he was going to cry.

Chapter 15